Chapter 17

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hongki woke up because someone literally banged open his door. He cracked an eye open to look at his bedside clock. Then cursed and his front pulling the covers over him. 

"Hongki-ah wake up!!" Geunsuk shouted pulling the covers off him. 

"Hyung, it's only 3 in the morning!!" Hongki complained. 

"You don't have much time. You have to leave with Taemin." Geunsuk said in an urgent tone making Hongki shot up from the bed all the sleepiness vanished from his face. 

"Leave? Why?" He asked sitting up in the bed. 

"Jaewook's coming here today." Geunsuk said looking at Hongki. 

"Jaewook?" Hongki asked gritting his teeth. 

"Jaewook." Geunsuk confirmed. 

"Why? Why is that psycho coming here?" Hongki asked getting off the bed. 

"I don't know. We're running out of time. I can't let him catch you and Taemin. Take her and go." Geunsuk said in an urgent tone. 

"Where?" Hongki asked pulling on his T-shirt as Taemin came in carrying a backpack. 

"Go to Heechul and stay with her. You'll be safe there." Geunsuk said handing a pair of keys to Hongki. "Take the car. Come back only after I call. Okay?" Geunsuk instructed. 

Hongki nodded his head as he pulled our his bag. "You'll be okay, right? He won't hurt you?" Hongki asked as he stuffed his bag with his clothes. 

"I'll be fine. He's probably coming to ask my help to find Heechul." Geunsuk said nodding his head. 

"Heechul Noona? You won't help him find Noona, right?" Hongki asked stopping suddenly and turning to face Geunsuk. 

"I won't. Just go." Geunsuk said back.

"No, Hyung. You have to promise me you won't tell him where Noona is. I know how you think that Alpha Hangeng is strong enough to protect her. I know that you think he'll end all this for good with Alpha Kyuhyun. But I don't want to risk that when there's a possibility Chullie Noona will end up in Jaewook's hands if they fail. I don't want to take that bet. So promise me." Hongki said in a serious tone but anyone could hear the desperation in his voice. 

"I won't tell him anything. I promise." Geunsuk said sighing. 

"I will personally make sure you'll pay if you break this promise." Hongki warned before hugging Geunsuk. "Take care, Hyung." He said before walking out with Taemin in to the garage. 

Geunsuk let out a sigh of relief as he watched the car pass the gates and vanish. 

Sungmin's scream woke up Kyuhyun. His first instinct was look for any danger but Sungmin was screaming someone's name in her sleep. 

"Minnie, come on wake up. It's just a dream." Kyuhyun desperately tried to wake up Sungmin who was pushing him away, her eyes still closed. "Baby, wake up. It's ok. " Kyuhyun pleaded shaking her slightly in an attempt to wake her up. 

Sungmin stopped struggling and opened her bloodshot eyes slowly. 

Kyuhyun sighed in relief."Everything's fine. It was just a bad dream." He said brushing the hair from her face.

"No, it's not. It was real" Sungmin sobbed throwing her hands around his neck and burying her face in his chest.

"It's okay. It was just a dream, Minnie." Kyuhyun said rubbing the back of her head to calm her. 

"No, it's not. You don't understand." Sungmin shouted pushing away from him. "I need to talk to, Rella. Please, Kyuhyun." Sungmin begged .

Kyuhyun's heart broke at the sight of her tear stained face. He nodded his head and reached for the phone. 

 

Hangeng was already awake and was staring at Heechul who was sleeping next to him peacefully. He smiled as he brushed his fingers along her chin. The peaceful atmosphere was broken by the ringing of the phone. Hangeng wouldn't have paid it any attention if it'd didn't make Heechul stir and open her eyes after blinking a few times. He sighed in dissappointment and reached for his phone. 

"Kyu?" Hangeng asked frowning as he answered the call. 

"Hyung!!" Kyuhyun said in a panicked tone. "Please give the phone to, Rella. It's urgent." Kyuhyun pleaded. 

The desperation in Kyuhyun's voice made Hangeng pass the phone to Heechul without any further questions. 

"It's Kyuhyun. He wants to talk to you." Hangeng said extending the phone to her. 

Heechul looked confused as she took the phone and pressed it to her ear. "Hello?" Heechul called doubtfully. 

"It's me Kyuhyun. Minnie had a nightmare. She says she wants to talk to you. She's freaking me out." Kyuhyun explained. 

"Give her the phone. I'll talk to her." Heechul said getting up from the bed. 

There was a silence as Kyuhyun handed the phone to Sungmin. 

"It's Rella." He said instead gentle tone extending the phone to Sungmin who all but snatched it from his hands. 

"Chullie...!!" Sungmin sobbed into the phone making Kyuhyun's heart clench painfully. He walked out of the room silently unable to take it. 

"Min, it's okay. Don't cry baby." Heechul said desperately trying to calm her. 

"It was not a nightmare. It was real. He was hurting me. He was...." Sungmin said in between sobs. 

"Sungmin, listen to me. Calm down. Take a deep breath." Heechul said walking away from Hangeng who was standing by her side. 

"I'll be downstairs." Hangeng said pecking Heechul's forehead.

Heechul offered him a small smile nodding her head slightly as she listened to Sungmin's sobs. "Min, baby listen to me. He's not there. You're with Kyuhyun now. You're safe." Heechul said in a gentle tone. 

"I know that. But it was real. He was hurting me. I can still feel the sting of the blade on my skin." Sungmin said in a shaky tone. "It was real. You know it is real." 

Heechul took a deep breath gritting her teeth as tears filled her eyes. "I know it's real. But it's a memory and in the past too. Jungmo can't hurt you now. You're safe now." Heechul said again trying to sound brave.

"But what if he catches us? I don't want to go back there!! I'm afraid Chullie." Sungmin said hysterically. 

"Nobody's going to catch us. I won't let anyone take you away, Min. I promise." Heechul said back as she walked to the balcony. 

Sungmin was silent for a moment trying to stop the hiccups. "Where you sleeping?" She asked in a relatively calm tone. 

"Ofcourse I was. You just ruined my beauty sleep. I'm going to get back at you for it the next time we meet." Heechul warned but smiled as she heard Sungmin's chuckle. 

"As if you can. I'm the one who knows martial arts." Sungmin said back smugly. "Thanks." she added in a small voice. 

"What for? You don't have to thank me for anything." Heechul said shaking her head.

"But....." Sungmin started to say but Heechul cut her off. 

"No, buts.. You're going to take a long bath to calm your nerves and go eat breakfast. After that we are going to talk. I have so much to tell you. Understand?" Heechul asked in a fake serious tone. 

"Yeah." Sungmin said after sometime. 

"Min, I'm here for you. Kyuhyun will do anything for you. Just stop worrying." Heechul said as she walked back into the room. 

"I know that. It's been so long I had a nightmare like this and it shook me pretty badly. I got a bad feeling, like something bad is going to happen. That made me freak out and I had to make sure you were ok." Sungmin explained. 

"Nothing bad is going for happen." Heechul promised even she could tell her voice was shaking. 

"Yeah, I hope so. I'll call you later." Sungmin said before hanging up. 

Heechul threw the phone on the bed. She just wanted to scream at someone. She paced in the room for a few minutes before walking out into the balcony. She knew what was in Sungmin's nightmare. Because she was there when it happened in reality, She was the one who stitched her up after Jungmo left her bleeding on the floor.

"That son of a ." Heechul swore gritting her teeth. She closed her eyes as she felt the familiar burning in them.

A pair of strong hands wrapped around her waist making her open her eyes startled.

"What's wrong?" Hangeng asked kissing the top of her head. 

"Minnie, had a nightmare." Heechul whispered leaning against his chest. "She's fine now." 

"I don't care whether she's fine

Please log in to read the full chapter