Chapter 26

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hangeng woke up to the feeling of someone jumping on him. He smiled to himself as he wrapped his hands around the familiar weight of his mate.
"Good morning, love." Hangeng whisphered pecking her head.
"I missed you. Why are you sleeping on the sofa?" Heechul mumbled burying her face in his chest.
"And whose fault is that? You're the one who wanted to sleep with Minnie." Hangeng  asked back .
"I know. But you saw how she was yesterday. I was worried." Heechul said looking at Hangeng.
"How's she now?" Hangeng asked rubbing Heechul's back.
"Sad. She went to take a bath. So I went to look for you in our room but you're not there. I thought you left without telling me." Heechul pouted, playfully hitting Hangeng.
"I couldn't sleep without you in our bed. There's so much space without you." Hangeng explained pecking her lips.
"You cheesy, Alpha." Heechul teased kissing him back.
Hangeng tightened his hold kissing Heechul deeply. Someone knocking on the door made Heechul pull back from the kiss making Hangeng whine at the loss.
"Noona!!.." Hongki shouted in between knocking.
"One day I'm gonna kill him." Hangeng muttered.
Heechul chuckled in amusement. "Go and get ready while I make breakfast ready." 
Hangeng nodded after pulling Heechul in for another kiss. He came downstairs after getting ready to see Onew  sitting on the kitchen counter talking to Heechul who was busy with making coffee.
"Yah, why are you here this early? Do you think this is your home?" Hangeng demanded hitting Onew's head before standing next to Heechul.
"My break starts today." Onew said gleefully rubbing his head. 
"That doesn't mean you have to be here at the crack of dawn." Hangeng mumbled irritated. 
"But noona's scrambled eggs tastes so good." Onew said smiling at Heechul who tousled his hair smiling .
"My mate's not your personal cook. She's mine." Hangeng glared back pulling Heechul to him.
"Stop it you two. Onew set the table." Heechul ordered. "And you let go and sit there." Heechul pointed to the table.
"Hyung, you are way too possessive." Onew commented shaking his head.
Sungmin came downstairs to meet Heechul halfway.
"I was coming up to call you down for breakfast." Heechul smiled as she took Sungmin's hand."Are you feeling a little better?".
Sungmin offered Heechul a small smile of reassurance and walked with her.
"Good morning." Hangeng greeted as Sungmin sat opposite to him.
"Good morning." She greeted back as Heechul placed the food in front of her.
"Minnie, my break starts today. We're going to have so much fun." Onew said excitedly earning a small smile from her.
"Minnie won't be here to have fun with you. She'll be going back  to The Cho pack today." Hangeng said placing his cup down.
Sungmin dropped her spoon on hearing Hangeng's words.
"No, she's not." Heechul said back glaring at Hangeng. "You promised me."
"I promised you not to call Kyuhyun yesterday. And I didn't." Hangeng explained. "But I can't let her stay here without Kyuhyun's approval. I can't break the rules."
"I don't care about your rules. I won't let you send Minnie back to that jerk." Heechul said back with finality.
"Don't be irrational, Heechul." Hangeng  said.
"Irrational? Me?" Heechul growled back making Sungmin and Onew jump in surprise. "Do you know what that jerk did? He cheated on her. And said things to her that he had no right to say." 
"Cheated? What do you mean?" Hangeng asked frowning.
Heechul explained what Sungmin told her to Hangeng.
"I don't think that's true." Hangeng said after hearing her out.
"Are you saying Min is lying?" Heechul glared back.
"No. I didn't mean it like that." Hangeng explained looking at Sungmin. "What I meant is that I think this is a misunderstanding." 
"How can this be a misunderstanding? Things are pretty clear." Heechul asked back. "Stop trying to side with your friend." 
"I'm not siding with anyone." Hangeng countered back.
"Yes, you are." Heechul shouted back.
"I said I'm not. And stop yelling at me." Hangeng banged his hand on the table getting up. Onew and sungmin jumped up from their seats as Heechul kept on glaring at him. "I know how much Kyuhyun likes your friend. He would never cheat on her. I know that."
"I don't care who you choose to believe. But you're not going to send Min back unless she wants to go back. I won't let anyone force her." Heechul said with finality. 
"Noona... But..." Onew started but a glare from Heechul stopped him.
"Alpha, I can leave if you can't let me stay here but don't make me go back." Sungmin said opening here mouth for the first time.
"Then I'll come with you." Heechul added.
"What do you mean?" Hangeng asked frowning.
"I meant what I said I'll leave with her." Heechul said back.
"Like hell I'm going to let you go. Have you gone crazy, Heechul?" Hangeng growled kicking the chair away to get to Heechul.
"Do you think I'm joking?" Heechul asked raising her eyebrows as Hangeng pulled her to him. 
"Do you think you can leave me that easily?" Hangeng asked staring at Heechul in hurt.
Heechul almost went back on her word but held her tongue, getting out of Hangeng's hold.
"Chullie, please stop fighting." Sungmin pleaded in worry noticing the look on Hangeng's face.
"I'm not fighting. I just stated some facts." Heechul said walking out the room followed by Sungmin.
Hangeng growled before hitting the wall repeatedly in anger. 
"Hyung!!!" Onew shouted rushing to Hangeng trying to pull him back. "You're bleeding."
"Call Eunhyuk and get the car ready. We're going to The Cho pack." Hangeng ordered pulling back.
"Hyung, but you're .." Onew whispered looking at Hangeng's bleeding knuckle.
"Did I stutter?" Hangeng growled back making Onew shiver. He nodded his head taking his phone out to call Eunhyuk.
"If Heechul asks tell her I went to see Siwon. Do you understand?" Hangeng ordered before getting in the car.
Onew nodded and watched as the car passed through the gates.


Ryeowook was surprised to see Hangeng and Eunhyuk when she opened the door.
"Hey, you're here? Where is Kyuhyun?" Eunhyuk asked walking in.
"He is at the pack house. He been couped up in his room for too long." Ryeowook said following Hangeng and Eunhyuk.
"Call him and ask him to come back." Hangeng ordered.
Ryeowook nodded and rushed to get the phone noticing that Hangeng's in a bad mood.
"Is something wrong? Why is he in a bad mood?" Ryeowook asked Eunhyuk in a small voice as she got off the phone with Kyuhyun.
"Your brother's mate is the cause of his foul mood." Eunhyuk said sighing.
"Minnie? You guys found her?" Ryeowook asked in surprise.
Eunhyuk was about to answer when Kyuhyun came rushing in followed by Yesung and Zhoumi.
"Hyung!! Is there any news?" Kyuhyun asked out of breath. "Did you find her?"
"Yeah. She's in my pack and she's safe." Hangeng nodded his head.
Kyuhyun felt like he could pass out from the relief he felt on hearing Hangeng's words.
"But there's something that we have to talk about." Hangeng gestured to the chair in front of him.
"What is it, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked in worry.
"Just listen to what I have to say".Hangeng said and repeated what Sungmin and Heechul told him.
"I would never!!!" Kyuhyun shot up in surprise after hearing Hangeng out. "I'd rather die that cheat on my mate."
"That's true, Gege. Kyuhyun crashed at my place that night." Zhoumi added.
"We all know that but things are not in your favour." Eunhyuk said.
"I can prove my innocence. Zhoumi can vouch for me." Kyuhyun explained.
"Are you an idiot?" Hangeng asked frowning at Kyuhyun, who looked confused. "Zhoumi is your beta. He'll always protect you. It's his duty. Heechul and Minnie would not believe that."
"Then what should I do hyung?" Kyuhyun asked in despair.
"Seohyun. She's the cause of all this. Get her to say the truth. She's the only one who can prove your innocence." Hangeng explained. "Nothing else will work."
Kyuhyun nodded in understanding. "But can I come and see her? Just see her. I just want to make sure she's alright." Kyuhyun asked hopefully.
"Don't even think of

Please log in to read the full chapter