Chapter 27

Runaway Mate
Please log in to read the full chapter


Sungmin could feel something wrong, like something bad is gonna happen. She turned her gaze to Heechul who was  nodding off. She had almost forgot about what happened at Geunsuk's after she got here. But now with this happening she was starting to get worried. The what-if s in her my mind made her anxious. She reminded herself to call Hongki the next day.
The phone ringing brought her out of the internal debate whether to tell Heechul about what happened.
Heechul was panicking inside as got up and walked to the landline and answered the call.
"It's me, baby. Were you sleeping? I called your phone." Hangeng asked from the other side.
"No, I was waiting for you. Phone's in the room. Where are you? How's Onew?" Heechul asked in worry. 
"Onew's fine. Just some scrathes. He'll be fine in few days. I'm on my way back." Hangeng answered. 
"Thank god. I was worried sick. With the group outside I thought it was something bad." Heechul said sighing.
"Rogue's are always bad news. And I had to make sure you're safe." Hangeng replied seriously.
"I only feel safe when you're with me. So just come back soon." Heechul answered longingly.
"I'll be back soon. Try to get some sleep. Love you, Beautiful." Hangeng whispered.
"Miss you" Heechul whispered back, she could feel the tension in Hangeng's voice and it did nothing to relieve her anxiety.
"You don't know how much I miss you,baby. But I have to make sure this won't happen again for your safety and for the pack. Love you. Lots of kisses." Hangeng added before hanging up.
"Onew is fine. I don't know when Geng will be back." She turned around and said to Sungmin.
"That's a relief. Don't worry the Alpha'll be back soon." Sungmin said smiling reassuringly.
"I know. But you know Min I can't stop worrying. Well more scared that worried. What if..."
Sungmin placed her hand on Heechul's shoulder to stop her. "It's nothing. Just some trespassers. That's it. Stop overthinking. Come on let's go to bed."
Heechul sighed nodding her head and silently followed Sungmin.
Heechul rose early as she couldn't get any sleep. Sungmin was not next to her but she could hear the shower indicating her friend is in there. Her mind was a mess and her wolf restless without Hangeng here. She went to the room to see that Hangeng still hasn't returned. She sighed got into the bathroom. 
"Good morning. You look like a zombie. I take it that the Alpha's not back." Sungmin joked pushing a cup to Heechul as she came into the kitchen.
"Shut up, witch.  Are they still outside, the  patrol group?" Heechul asked as Sungmin shrugged in answer.
They were still sitting outside when Heechul opened the doors and  jumped up and bowed to her as they saw her.
"Please don't do that. It's pretty cold out here. Come on in." Heechul opened the door widely.
"Sorry but we're ordered by the Alpha to stay outside and keep you safe." Minho said bowing. "He'll be upset if we disobey him."
"I'm pretty sure he didn't order you to freeze out here. And you could still keep me safe inside the house. I'll cheer him up if he gets grumpy." Heechul answered back rolling her eyes.
Minho looked at the other two as they looked at him hopefully. He sighed and started to walk to the house.
"So where's Hangeng?" Heechul asked as she placed the coffee mugs in front of them.
"Alpha had a pack meeting yesterday. They're still deciding on some final matters." Minho explained.
"Ok. So what are you guys names?" Heechul asked gesturing to the other two.
"I'm Dojun and this is Yonguk." The blonde one gestured to himself and then to the other.
"Well, I'm Heechul. This is Minnie." Heechul introduced.
Sungmin nodded at them smiling slightly as Shindong walked in.
"What are you three doing inside the house?" He frowned making the three look guilty.
"I invited them in before they froze themselves. What's wrong with it?" Heechul asked back.
"Well, they were supposed to be on guard duty not relax in here." Shindong said back. "Go and meet Eunhyuk. I'll taker over for you."
"We're sorry. We'll see ourselves out." Minho bowed followed by the other two.
"What?" Shindong asked feeling Heechul's glare as the three left.
"Nothing. Where's my mate and why's he not answering my calls?" Heechul looked so annoyed that it made Sungmin crack a smile.
"Well, Hyung did have a pack meeting last night. He is supposed to have a meeting with the neighbouring Alphas today at noon. So he's pretty busy." Shindong explained.
"Meeting with Alphas? What for?" Heechul asked.
"With what happened last night. Hyung wants to secure the borders. They'll have to come to a decision about patrolling and all." 
"What really happened yesterday?" Sungmin asked speaking up for the first time.
"There were three rogues. Onew met with them on his way home and they attacked him. He didn't even start the fight." Shindong gritted his teeth in anger.
"Do you think they are trespassers?" Sungmin asked again.
"Could be. But not sure. Trespassers don't start a fight. They usually try to escape." Shindong shrugged.
Sungmin could feel Heechul's eyes on her. She knew Heechul was about to question her when Heechul's phone started ringing.
"It's Hangeng." Heechul said excitedly walking out of the room.
Sungmin turned her attention back to Shindong as Heechul disappeared.
"When you said the neighbouring Alphas are coming is Kyuhyun coming?" 
"Nope. We don't share our borders with him. It's Alpha Yunho, Alpha Mithra and Siwon."
"That's good." Sungmin sighed.
"How long do you plan on hiding from him?" Shindong snorted.
"Forever hopefully." Sungmin shrugged.
"Good luck with that. Anyway shouldn't you give him a chance to explain himself? What if it's a misunderstanding? Talk to him?" Shindong sat up straight staring at Sungmin.
Sungmin stared back silently. To say the truth she was having the same thoughts. Maybe she should've stayed and confronted him and got the truth from him. May be her decision was hasty. But her wolf growled back in fury. She wouldn't forgive Kyuhyun that easily. And she didn't have any second thoughts.
"No. I'm not ready to see him again." Sungmin declined.
Shindong sighed, for a moment he thought she would agree with him.
"See who?" Heechul asked walking in.
"Ah.. Onew. I was talking about going to visit him." Sungmin lied smoothly.
"Hangeng told he'll take us there after he gets back. And he wants me to get ready in an hour to meet the Alphas." Heechul shrugged frowning.
"It's a rule. You'll have to meet and greet the other Alpha's and their mates since they are our guests and your Hangeng's mate." Shindong explained.
Heechul sighed."Well, I might as well get used to it. I'm going to get ready. You're staying right?"
"Yeah, I am." Shindong nodded.
"I'm sorry,Min. Since Onew's injured he'll keep you company."
"That's OK." Sungmin reassured.
"Hey!! I am a better company than Onew." Shindong cried out.
"Hah...you wish." Heechul shouted back from the next room.
Heechul finished getting ready and was tying her hair up like Hangeng always wanted her to when someone hugged her from behind.
"Welcome back, stranger." Heechul greeted leaning back.
Hangeng took a deep breath, taking in Heechul's scent, pulling her closer. "Oh god ! I missed you." 
"I missed you too." Heechul turned around pecking his lips. "When are the Alphas getting here? Are we meeting them at the pack house?"
"They'll be here in ten minutes or so. Yeah we are. Now let me do this." Hangeng pulled Heechul back to him kissing her deeply.
Heechul broke the kiss after few minutes, pulling back nipping at his lip. "Don't start something you won't be able to finish." She added staring into Hangeng's dark eyes.
"Oh, I'm all ready for finishing." Hangeng whispered biting her ear and kissing down her neck making Heechul shiver.
"Well, you can't. You have a meeting in less than ten minutes and you're wearing the same clothes you wore to sleep yesterday. Go and take a shower and get changed." Heechul pushed him back shaking her head.
"You don't love me anymore." Hangeng complained trying to catch her.
"I'm outta here. I'll wait downstairs. Get ready and come." Heechul laughed rushing out of the room.
"Sorry to leave you alone. I'll be back soon." Heechul said standing by the door.
"Don't go outside. Stay inside." Hangeng ordered making Sungmin cower.
"Stop scaring her." Heechul scolded hitting Hangeng's arm. 
"Chullie, can I have your phone? I could talk to Hongki or Taemin." Sungmin asked.
"Of course. Why didn't I think of that?" Heechul handed over her phone smiling before Hangeng pulled her with him.
Sungmin called Hongki after Heechul left but there was no answer. She waited for a half an hour before giving another try.
"Am I that boring to talk to?" Shindong asked looking up from the TV.
"You're OK. But I have to talk to him." Sungmin explained.
Shindong nodded before turning back to

Please log in to read the full chapter