Chapter 31

Compensated Love...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt more lonely riding in a cab without anyone by your side like you used to. The driver that seems so serious while driving while Jiyeon is going to out of her mind. Wanting to ignore everything surrounds her as she think of something she knows she wont know. The tears dried already, but her eyes wanted to let out more. She wanted to call Soyeon but then she realize she left her phone to Hyomin. Oh no, it was his own, he had gave it to her long time a go. So it wasn't hers, and she can't call it her own. Her thought of breaking their relationship, she reflect on it and think of was it for necessary? Was hurting your own self necessary to clear out things the other party doesn't seem like understand? Does living them without convincing what had really happened right?

 

 

She don't know. Jiyeon doesn't know anything about it. All she knows was it hurts her a lot, uttering those words, 'Let's break up'. What's more even worst to happen after?

 

 

Jiyeon came and slowly drag her medium bag where all her stuff was in. She stands up in front of Soyeon's main door as if she was waiting for her to open the door without knocking on it. She felt empty, that right now she feels like she can't speak up. But she's right here, right in front of her bestfriend's house who would probably help her, who helped her for almost everything when she felt miserable for her life. She knock the door, and luckily Soyeon was there.

 

 

Soyeon:"Oh, you came without telling me." she spoke out, furrowing her brows "Trying to make surprises again?"

 

 

But Jiyeon didn't even respond, this made Soyeon wonder.

 

 

Soyeon:"Yah, what happened?" again she asked, looking at Jiyeon whose not in her self right now.

 

 

Soyeon notice she's carrying her bag along with her. It was actually two, the big one and the small one which she hang on her shoulder. Soyeon tilt her head, there is something wrong.

 

 

Soyeon:"Stop sulking, just tell me what happened?" she thirdly asked, but now with concerns "If you wont answer me I wouldn't know wh--"

 

 

Her complains got interrupted when Jiyeon's sobs let out from . It made her stop, it made her shocked either. Her friend who wouldn't say anything when she feels down or something, she would just cry in front of her, like she used to before. Like she does before, so Soyeon just then sigh and grab her bestfriend's arms to hug her.

 

 

Soyeon:"It's okay. Just cry, I'll wait for you to say things out, I'm here so its okay." as she tapped Jiyeon's shoulder.

 

 

 

Sitting in front of each other, with a two cups of tea on the table, getting cold for Jiyeon didn't even touch it for the whole time. Soyeon, who kept on waiting for her to speak up things, just then observe her reaction and her blank gestures for she knows she was thinking too deep that she feels like she can't interrupt her. Jiyeon would always been like this, she wont even talk like all day. She would just respond with a bitter sweet smile on her face while she looks so pale, like she was sick. She would always sigh every time she thinks her world turned miserable, and she would just stare blankly and wont even listen to whatever you say whenever she feels like not to. She's indeed Jiyeon. Soyeon's bestfriend whose a cheerful one, but has weak emotions. The Jiyeon who seems so strong with her cold look, the Jiyeon with her cool charisma, has a soft heart that easily gets weaken, crumpled cause her to get in pain. The Jiyeon she knows, how vulnerable she is.

 

 

Jiyeon:"We broke up." she blurts out, trying to hide back her tears again by bowing down.

 

Soyeon sigh, this must be really hurt for her since its her first.

 

Soyeon:"Who did?"

Jiyeon:"Me.."

Soyeon:"What made you did that?"

 

 

Jiyeon didn't respond. She just then keeping her head down like she don't want Soyeon to see her pathetic look right now.

 

 

Soyeon:"Tell me what happened.."

Jiyeon:"Hyomin.." she pause, still trying her best to not shed some tears again "Hyomin...he kind of... I don't understand him."

Soyeon:"Why? The other day you did told me you two would go to your home town yesterday right? And what's wrong with him all of a sudden?"

Jiyeon:"He did left while saying words I can't understand. He seemed nervous that time and I don't understand why."

Soyeon:"You two should have talk first before doing something the both of you hurt."

Jiyeon:"I was just a distraction..."

 

 

Soyeon raised her brows a bit, did she just heared that pathetic word from her?

 

 

Soyeon:"Distraction? You? Like how?" she asked, scurrying.

Jiyeon:"I don't know, there must be something wrong."

Soyeon:"So you left, broke up with him and went here?"

Jiyeon:"He told me to leave, so i did."

Soyeon:"That bastard!" she sigh, drinked the last drop tea in the cup.

 

 

She could only look at her bestfriend, whose probably getting really mad right now. Of course, about the thing happened to her and about the decision she made, and so does to Hyomin. Who wouldn't be mad about that? About your bestfriend getting hurt by someone whom she trusted a lot.

 

 

Soyeon:"You two should talk." again she did said the same advice to her again "But if you wont, you want me to go and talk to him?"

Jiyeon:"No. Just no, let him be. Let him settle things on his own right now."

Soyeon:"What?"

Jiyeon:"Soyeon please..."

 

 

 

On the other hand, Hyomin was busy reading some files piled up on his desk. He kept his self busy than thinking of the things he did to Jiyeon. It was so clear for him to imagine, to imagine how Jiyeon's gaze never changed towards him, her attitude and all after hurting her. The look in her eyes, he can see how dumb he was for hurting someone like her. To look on her sorrowful eyes with some tears coming out, he felt he was the stupid out of all stupid man in the world. It was for good, he thought. When everything is not too late, it was good to let her go, and wish she would let him go like forget everything about him on her mind and in her heart. He was hoping he was the one who's suffering, suffering from forgetting her and regret everything for letting her go. For hurting her pride saying those words, those awful words.

 

 

Secretary:"Sir the meetings got cancelled because of some conflict schedules with the other business mans. They had planned on moving it on other day, they told me if you're fine with it."

Hyomin:"Tell them its okay, and about the preparations tell the staff to move everything back to place."

Secretary:"Okay sir."

 

 

Hyomin let out a deep sigh as he signed the last proposal he had been reading all this time. He grab his phone as he checks the time, dialed some numbers without thinking. He stared blankly at the name on the screen, right then he gets startled as it rings.

 

 

Yup. He was calling Jiyeon's number but he's afraid she did returned it to him. Her phone was on his other pocket, he just then shook his head and presses the reject button. How stupid, how stupid he is today.

 

 

Hyomin:"Damn!"

 

 

Hyomin then lean his head on the desk, starting to reflect things on his own. He should have just told Jiyeon about it, and maybe she would forgive him and all. Jiyeon might forgive him and accept him again in her life. She might understand him for being so arrogant and innocent kid he was before, before that incident happened. Jiyeon might say things that could hurt him but he deserves it. He deserves all the curse Jiyeon may utter. But...

 

 

But he just did a wrong move that day. The day he said she was just a distraction and he knows it wasn't true. He was hoping Jiyeon wont believe about it but everything seems too late

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter