Jiyong

Broken Promises

 

“Tiffany?” Kikwang asked in confusion. When there was no answer, Kikwang took a step forward when he felt something wet on the floor, looking down he saw red smudges from where his foot was.

“Tiffany, are you bleeding?” he asked, a tinge of worry laced in his voice.

“Anni” she answered him, her voice muffled. Shaking his head, he strode forward and grabs a handful of tissues before looking at the sink over her shoulder. His eyes widened at how much blood there was. It looked like she cut her hand open to get that much blood, but then again, there was a far amount of water in the mix.

“Geez, what happened to you?” he whispered as he turned the tap on full and wash away the remaining blood, at the same time, handing her a handful of tissues. Tiffany took it roughly and wipes the rest of her blood. Holding the tissue there, making sure there was no blood left before throwing away the dirty tissues.

As soon as she threw it away, she turned her heels before quickly walking away, but not fast enough. Kikwang’s hand shot out and grabs her wrist.

“Are you ok? Sick?” he asked, truly concern.

“Just hot” she mumbled before tugging her hand away.

“Isn’t the air con cold enough?” he asked her again.

“Its fine” tiffany answered curtly. Kikwang smirk before dropping her wrist.

“Whatever. Not that I care” Kikwang said as he opened the fridge, getting himself a bottle of water. “Goodnight” he said, he walked pass her and up the stairs, forcing himself not to look back.

 

The light from the curtains blinded Tiffany’s eyes. Groaning, tiffany stretched out in bed, feeling comfortable before realising where she was. Getting up suddenly, tiffany looked at the side table to see the neon light flashing 8.54 am.

Quickly getting out of bed, tiffany went into the bathroom and washes her face before making her way down stairs. When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she could hear guys talking in the kitchen. One of them was definitely Kikwang but she wasn’t sure who the other one was. Inching closer, tiffany pressed her ear on the wall and tried to pick as much conversation as possible, even though she knows full well that it’s wrong.

 “so what are you going to do with her?” the stranger asked.

“I don’t know. To be honest, I never wanted to see her face again. I was so close bribing myself to forget her. To pretend she died or something” Kikwang answered.

Tears welled up in tiffany’s eyes. She never wanted to cause him pain. I knew I shouldn’t have come, she thought. As she was about to turn away, Kikwang walked out of the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” he asked her accusingly.

“I...I...”tiffany stuttered when another figure came out of the kitchen, chewing a mouthful of an apple.

“So it’s you” he said harshly. Kikwang shot him a look that shut him up.

“Are you going to answer me?” Kikwang said, keeping hard eyes on her.

“I was hungry” tiffany said, trying to avoid his eyes.

“We’re out of food” the stranger said, “I ate it all for breakfast”

Kikwang looked at him sharply. “Keys” he said, reaching out his hand. The stranger hesitantly handed it to him; “careful, she's my baby” Kikwang nodded once.

“You” Kikwang looked at tiffany. “Come with me” at that, he walked out the front door. Tiffany had to jog to keep up with his steps. He was already in the car, starting it up when she opened the passenger door.

“Where are we going?” she asked him when he sped out of the driveway.

“You’re in no position to ask” was all he said. Kikwang was driving so fast, the surrounding was too blurry to see where she was exactly.

30 minutes of fast driving, Kikwang pulled up in a supermarket. Without a word, he got out and headed toward the store. Tiffany hurriedly got out and followed him. Not wanting to get lost in a place she's not familiar with. She was too distracted to not notice that Kikwang now has a big pairs of sunglasses, a beanie and a fake moustache on.

Kikwang walk through the shop quickly, grabbing anything edible and putting it in the trolley. Tiffany was puffing half way through, not able to catch up with his fast pace. He then suddenly stopped on the spot.

Tiffany looked up to see what the holdup was but a small smile came to her face when she saw Kikwang stopped at the lollies aisle, examining the lollies carefully.

“Red or blue?” he murmured to himself quietly, looking between the red packet of jelly beans and the blue packet of snakes.

 

“Oppa, decide already. I want to eat something” tiffany whined. Kikwang was standing in the lollies aisle for a full 15 minutes, deciding on what they should eat.

“I can’t, they both look good” Kikwang said looking from one packet to another.

“Then get both” tiffany said, as she grab both packets and placed it in the trolley.

“No! They won’t taste nice mix together” Kikwang said, closing his eyes, he reached in and took one packet out, placing it back.

“Its so hard eating lollies with you” tiffany sighs as she pushed the trolley away.

“But when you eat the lollies with me, they taste way better”

 

“Just choose one oppa” Tiffany said.

“I don’t know what to get” Kikwang whine a little then his posture stiffened when he realised who he was talking to. Roughly, he grabs the blue packet and chucks it in the trolley.

“We’re done here” he said roughly, turning the trolley away.

As they walked down the aisle, heading for the checkout, both tiffany and Kikwang stopped short when someone called her name.

“Tiffany?”

 

Kikwang turned towards the sound of the guy. He had a big smile paste on his face while he looked at tiffany.

“Jiyong oppa” tiffany said, smiling a little at him. As soon as she said his name, a little light bulb inside Kikwang lit up. Scoffing, he started to let out a dry laugh.

“He’s the guy you called last night huh?” he gave jiyong a head to toe look. He wasn’t that good looking. Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“What are you doing here, you never called me back, I waited at the hotel all night” jiyong said, moving closer to tiffany, but he stopped short and his eyes travelled up and down Kikwang.

the hotel?” Kikwang asked, looking at Tiffany with hard eyes.

“Who are you?” he asked, looking from tiffany to Kikwang.

“Who are you?” Kikwang shot back.

“I'm with tiffany” jiyong said, like it was the most normal thing in the world.

“As in?” Kikwang prodded, looking from the layback Jiyong to the anxious Tiffany.

“We came to Korea together” he said. Kikwang’s insides at that moment started to boil. So she left him for that wimp? Shaking his head, he gave another dry laugh.

“How long was this?”

“Oppa...” Tiffany tried to look at Kikwang, but he averted his eyed and looked at Jiyong, waiting for him to answer.

“6 years”

Those two words did it for Kikwang. He let go of the trolley and stormed out of the supermarket, ignoring tiffany calling his name.

“Oppa! It’s not what you think!” she yelled. He could hear her quick footsteps as she tried to catch up with him. Kikwang didn’t slow down, unlocking his car, he hop in and start up the car. When he was about to step on the accelerator, tiffany tapped on his window.

Kikwang rolled his eyes at her as he took out his disguise, ignoring her, he inched the car forward a little when she tapped on the glass again. Her eyes began to tear as she tried to keep up with the car. Finally, Kikwang stop the car and rolled down the window.

“What!” he barked at her. He too was having a hard time controlling his anger and tears that started to blur his vision.

“Its not what it looks like” tiffany yelled at him through the car window.

“HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO THINK!? YOU DISSAPEARED FOR 6 YEARS! WHEN YOU RETURNED, YOU CAME WITH A GUY!” a single tear leaked out of Kikwang’s eye, but he quickly wiped it off.

“Oppa” tiffany said as tears flowed from her eyes “let me explain”

Kikwang scoff in disbelief “last night, I ask you to explain but you didn’t. Now you want to explain? Well I don’t need any. Let me conclude it for you. You ran off with a guy after your parents died. Done!” tiffany stopped talking. Kikwang swallowed, talking about her parents was a sensitive topic that they never got into and now he's using it against her.

“Tiffany, I'm sor—” Kikwang started but she cut him off.

“No, I'm sorry oppa” at that, she stepped back from the car. A moment ago, he was overflowed with anger, now he was drowning in guilt.

“I hope we never meet again” was the last thing he said to her before speeding out of the car park. Turning the corner, Kikwang stopped his car.

“AISH!” he yelled to let his anger out, banging on the steering wheel when his phone rang.

“What?!”

“Hyung, calm down” Dongwoon said through the phone.

“What do you want?”  He asked roughly.

“Hong Seung Sung (CEO of cube) wants to talk to you”

“” Kikwang mumbled.

“Yeah, hurry here”

“Be there in 15” after hanging up, Kikwang stepped on the accelerator and headed to the office as fast as he could.

 

“Tiffany, care to explain?” jiyong asked while he drove them back to the hotel.

“No...” tiffany said as she leaned her head on the window.

“Is he...” jiyong asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

“yeah, he is and now he hates me more than he already does” 

 

Kwon Jiyong is finally in the story.  I tried picking up the paste by describing less, is it ok? 

Hope you enjoyed it :) more characters will start to appear in the next few chapters.

plz comment, cuz it motivates me and suscribe <3