Meeting

Broken Promises

 

"You sure he would still remember you?" Jiyong asked as he pushed the luggage trolley along the terminal of Seoul airport. Tiffany just shrugged as she kept quiet and looked at Kikwang’s posters whenever she sees one.

You're so famous now oppa, she thought as she took a closer look at one particular picture of Kikwang advertising a brand of ice tea. A smile crept up onto Tiffany's lips as she saw how happy he looked. Jiyong came from behind her and looked at Kikwang’s picture over her shoulder.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOIj94IfFoidFYJNgndLH

"So this is the guy you came all the way from America to see" Jiyong observe, resting a hand under his chin.

 

"That's him" Tiffany smiled softly.

Jiyong looked down at Tiffany as she looked at Kikwang. Sighing, he grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

-------------------

Kikwang stared emptily at the TV, not in a hurry as the other members rushed around getting ready for the Mnet Asia music award

"Kikwang!" Yoseob yelled from across the room as he roughly tie his tie. Kikwang just ignored him and stared at the live broadcast from Seoul Olympic stadium.

"You go first, I'll go later" was all Kikwang said.

Yoseob sigh in pure frustration but let it pass as he walked away to get his hair done by the stylist.

While Kikwang stared at the TV screen, a memory he wanted to forget came to him out of nowhere.

 

As Kikwang sway in the wind on his hammock, a small set of hands covered his eyes, he acted mock surprised as he tried to reach behind his head to get her. Tiffany laughed playfully as she dodged him.

"Oppa, guess who?"

"Oh, I don't know" he replied playfully, as he finally caught her. Tiffany squealed brightly as Kikwang pulled her forward and twisted her into his lap. Tiffany smiled as she shaded his eyes from the sun with her small hand.

"Oppa" she started, Kikwang nodded his head in acknowledgement as she talks to him.

"Promise me, you won't leave me" Tiffany mumbled as she looked up at him.   Kikwang smiled down at her as he leaned closer and kissed her on the forehead.

"Promise. I'll be here until you're sick of me, but until then, you won’t be able to get enough of me" he said, Tiffany blushed bright red as she turned away and hid her face. Kikwang laughed at how cute she was when she blushes. He could never get enough of it.

"Sing for me" she said suddenly as she used her foot to sway both of them in the big hammock.

"What do you want to hear?" he asked as he rested his head on hers.

"Wipe the tear" she said.

Kikwang laughed softly as he shook his head, "you always make me sing that song"

"I like it" she said as she continued to sway them. Kikwang cleared his throat before he started to sing. As he sang, Tiffany closed her eyes and relaxed herself against him as she let his voice sooth her. Kikwang smiled as he sang when he looked down at Tiffany's relaxed face. Leaning in, he planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

A tear escape Kikwang’s eye as the memory brought him pain he never wanted to experience again. She left you, forget her. Kikwang repeated to himself.

"Hyung, we're leaving" Dongwoon called out to him, but Kikwang just waved a hand, not looking at them. Dongwoon just shook his head before closing the door. Kikwang shot up as soon as he heard the door shut; he got up and wiped everything off the coffee table. Taking his anger out on the crystals glass.

"WHY CAN'T I FORGET YOU?!"

Kikwang breaths were tattered as he tried to calm himself down. After he finished fixing his suit, Kikwang stride out of the room and down the elevator to the waiting van to take him away.

 

The crowd went crazy when Kikwang walked out of the van, composing himself, he gave the crowd a dazzling smile and waves before walking down the red carpet. Other artist looked on in envy. Kikwang was a new rising star that's being recognized everywhere. He had taken on advertising, tourist ambassador and soon to promote himself as an actor. He didn't however stop at the end of the red carpet where celebrities were taking pictures, he walked right in and ignored all the calls for attention. He spotted Yoseob at the drinks table, talking (or flirting) with other stars, Kikwang shook his head once with a smile before making his way over and place a hand around Yoseob’s shoulder.

"You finally got off your , Doojoon's been giving me " Yoseob said as he grab himself a glass of wine.

"Mianhe" Kikwang said, meaning it. Yoseob was his only friend that understood him the most. Other members also supported him, but they sometimes just don't understand him like Yoseob does.

"Kikwang, can you go away for a minute?" Yoseob said, nudging Kikwang with his elbow.

"Wae?" Kikwang asked.

"You’re stealing my lime light, before you came they were looking at me. Now they're looking at you" Yoseob whispered. Kikwang laughed as he patted Yoseob on the shoulder before walking away, giving back his lime light.

As more celebrities filled the waiting room, group by group, they were called into the hall to be seated.

When all the celebrities were seated, the show began. Kikwang had never won anything for himself before, it was always a team award but this year, he was nominated for global artist. As awards after awards were announced, beast won "best male group", " song of the year" and “album of the year". Fans were cheering every time they went to receive their awards. As usual, Kikwang would stand at the back and let the others talk; he was never a speech giving person. When it's down to the last category, there was a silence in the room as they waited to hear the global winner.

And the winner is.......Lee Gi-kwang!

Kikwang smiled to himself as he’s being hugged by a very excited Yoseob.

"You did it! woooo!" other members patted him on the back and punched in the arm. Kikwang walked down the aisle as many other celebrities patted his back or shook his hand. As Kikwang except his award, he did a little speech about how happy he was and what he had achieved when his eyes landed on someone in the audience. Someone he wanted to forget.

 

 

SO HERE'S A GLIMPSE OF WHAT TO EXPECT, I'M STILL WRITING MY OTHER FANFIC BUT OCCASIONALLY I MIGHT UPDATE THIS ONE.

PLEASE COMMENT OF WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR. IF ITS A FAIL THEN I WON'T CONTINUE :)