The Wrong Groom

Broken Promises

 

Tiffany just stared at the ring like it’s the most horrible thing in the world. She just sat there, frozen in time while Jiyong waited for her to answer. 
“Oppa...this is so sudden” tiffany manages to say. Her hands shook underneath the table.
“Tiff, I love you. You don’t have enough time left. Please, just let yourself be happy, live the most of it” Jiyong said, inching closer to her. When she was about to hesitate, Jiyong said to her quietly.
“Remember what Bruce said about doing the right thing?” Tiffany looked at him. They’re in it together.
Anger boiled inside her but she refuse to let it show. “By doing this, you would really make Kikwang cut loose from you. So when you’re gone...he won’t mourned you” Jiyong said. 
“Wow, oppa. Glad to know you think about me dead for more than you think of me alive” Tiffany hissed. 
“Please Tiffany. Do it for Bruce” at the mention of her uncle’s name, tiffany softened. This is what her uncle wants, and he’s the only man she cares more about than herself. After all he had done for her; this is the lease she can do. Tiffany took a deep breath and looked into Jiyong’s eyes.
“I’ll marry you”
*****************************
After Kikwang got over the little break down he had in front of s, he excused himself to his room. They all looked at each other, deciding whether they should leave him alone. Yoseob nodded slightly and the rest of the members moved back and pretended to go on with what they were doing before Kikwang came in, but he could still feel their eyes on him. 
When the door close, Kikwang collapse on the bed and closed his eyes. The rest of the week was a blur. He ate and sleep and ate again before going back to sleep. He kept of dreaming about Tiffany and the look on her face when she saw Kikwang and Cherry together. The devastation broke his heart. It was all Jessica’s fault. He ignored all the calls she made, she left heaps of voicemails of wanting to go out, with Tiffany out of the picture, she’s sure is giving it her best.
When her phone went off again on Saturday morning, Kikwang decided to pick up the phone.
“Oppa~, I’ve been trying to call you for agesss” she said cheerfully into the phone. 
“I’m a little out of it right now, is there anything you want?” Kikwang asked her in monotone. 
“I was wondering if we could have coffee sometime today. Since the drama has been called off for a while, I wanted us to spend more time together” 
“Yeah, sure. What time?” Kikwang asked again.
“Oh! So you’re coming? Great! What about in an hour?” when Jessica told him where to meet, Kikwang hung up the phone and went to take a shower and change. 
An hour later, Kikwang walked into the exclusive coffee shop that just opened a couple of months ago. It’s a popular spot for celebrities because its quiet and the seats are in tall booths with doors so no one could hear or see what other people were doing. Jessica said she’s going to be in booth no.7. When Kikwang opened the door, Jessica was sitting there with a cup of coffee in hand and was reading through a book in her iPad. 
At the sound of the door, Jessica looked up and smiled brightly at Kikwang. He nodded at her and walked over to sit opposite her. She already ordered him a cappuccino. Kikwang took a sip of the drink, not meeting Jessica’s gaze. 
“Why did you do it?” his question came out cold and distance. Jessica flinched from the sudden questioning and the tone of his voice. He could see her swallowing and hid her hands under the table.
“What—what are you talking about?” she asked him shakily. Kikwang sat down his coffee and leaned across the table. Jessica sank back and watched him with fear in her eyes.
“You know exactly what I’m talking about. Now why would you do something like that?” his pitch has gone deeper and somewhat scarier. 
“I...I don’t know what you’re talking about” Jessica whispered.
“DON’T LIE TO ME! AFTER WHAT YOU DID, DON’T ING LIE TO ME!” Kikwang exploded, slamming his hands on the table, making the coffee spill, Jessica jumped and tears blurred her eyes.
“Because I don’t like seeing you with her! Dammit, you never look at me! When she comes along, she’s all you look at!” Jessica exploded as well, but didn’t go up against him; instead, she sank even more backwards, as if scared that her confrontation would push him to the edge.
“And you HAVE to ruin her! WHAT EVER YOU PUT IN HER STEAK ALMOST KILLED HER!” Kikwang stopped himself from grabbing her by her shirt. 
“She deserved every bit of it” Jessica hissed. That did it for Kikwang. He went around the table and grabbed her by the shoulder before lifting her up so easily before slamming her against the wall. 
“This isn’t the first time you tried to do something like this, is it?” Kikwang snarled. Jessica flinched but held her ground. 
“TELL ME!” Kikwang yelled in her face. 
“NO! No its not!” Jessica blurted from fear. 
“Tell me everything or I swear to god—” Kikwang stop himself before he says something he would regret later on.
“I burnt her hand once...I left her...left her” Kikwang pressed Jessica up even more against the wall, causing her to groan.
“Left her to what?” he asked.
“To drown, but Jiyong helped her” Jessica was crying now, but he didn’t find the heart to feel pity or sympathy for her whatsoever. 
“Is that all?” 
“I can’t remember” she sobbed. Kikwang let go of her and Jessica slid to the ground, sobbing softly.
“From now on, we are nothing. Don’t ever approach me ever again. I want nothing to do with you” Kikwang said as he grabbed his jacket and walked out. 
***************************
Tiffany let Jiyong take care of all the wedding arrangements; apparently, Bruce said the faster the wedding, the better it will be. So the date was set and its going to be a week from now then the week after the wedding, they were heading back to the states. 
Tiffany wanted to cry when she’s in her wedding dress. It was flowy and hugged her shape; it flared at the helm and lace material wrap around her body. A light pink ribbon was laced around her waist. It was a perfect dress, don’t get her wrong but she’s marrying the wrong guy.
“Oppa, you like this dress?” Tiffany twirl around in circles, showing Kikwang every angle of the bridesmaid dress for a wedding of a distance cousin of Kikwang’s.
There was no answer coming from Kikwang. Tiffany stopped twirling and turned to face him. He was in a black tux with silver cuffs. He was looking at her with wide eyes and his adam apple bobbed more than once.  
“oppa? How’s the dress?” tiffany asked again, raising an eyebrow. 
“yeah...yeah. you’re beautiful” he stuttered as he walked up to her and held her hand. 
“you’re so pretty I think people are going to be looking at you than at the bride” Kikwang murmured as he twine their hands together before bringing her hand up to his lips and kiss it. 
“maybe someday I’ll be in a wedding dress too” she said quietly, looking at him. 
“and maybe I’ll be waiting for you at the altar someday”
“tiffany? Are you ready?” Jiyong asked from the other side of the curtain. Hurriedly, Tiffany strips out of the wedding dress and put her clothes back on before walking out. 
“what happened to the dress?” Jiyong asked as he looked at the dress in her arms.
“I like this one” she muttered as she handed it to him and walked out to wait at the lobby. She heard Jiyong sigh loudly before going to register and reserve the dress. 
Tiffany was looking at all the mannequins with pretty wedding dresses, showing it off to the world by the shop window. If this was a different scenario and tiffany was walking down this street, she would have pressed her face against the glass and admire the pretty dress in the hope of someday, someone special is going to ask her hand in marriage and take her into one of these shops and watch her as she try on dress after dress.
She jumped when Jiyong came behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. 
“sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you” he said as he lead her out the store. Tiffany didn’t say anything while Jiyong rested a hand on the small of her back. Tiffany stopped in her tracks when someone called out her name.
“Tiffany?” at the sound of Kikwang’s voice, Tiffany’s heart beat faster and her breathing became shallower. She turned around slowly to see the hurt on his face when he looked from Jiyong to Tiffany to the wedding store.
“what—what are you doing in this area?” Kikwang said, his voice shook a little but he cleared his throat. 
Jiyong wrapped his arms around Tiffany and pulled her closer; she didn’t resist him at all. 
“Tiffany here is trying on some wedding dresses” Jiyong said, with mockery and victory in his voice.
“wedding—wedding dresses?” the hurt in Kikwang’s voice was hard to miss. Tiffany cleared her own throat before bringing up her left hand to show him the rock on her finger. Kikwang swallowed at the sight.
“wow, that’s one big ring” he moved closer to take a good look. When realisation sparked in his eyes, Kikwang moved back and paste on a smile that didn’t exactly reach his eyes. 
“glad to know that’s how fast you move on” he directed the comment at Tiffany but all she could do was stare. The big lump in stopped her from speaking. 
Jiyong pretended not to hear the comment and planted a kiss on her cheek. Anger appeared on Kikwang’s feature before he masked it.
“well, congratulations to you all” Kikwang clapped his hands and took a step back.
“oh, here. An invitation” Jiyong handed Kikwang a cream envelope that has the invitation and smiled at him.
“really hope you can attend the wedding. It would mean a lot to Tiffany” Jiyong squeezed her shoulders and steered her towards the car.
“yeah, I’ll be there” was the last she heard before Jiyong closed the door. 
*******************
Kikwang wanted to scrunch up the wedding invitation and burn it up on the spot but he couldn’t get himself to do it. When Tiffany was safely in the car. Jiyong came back towards Kikwang with a smirk on his face.
“it’s true as you said. Tiffany would go back to the one that owns her heart...it’s just too bad it’s not who you wanted it to be” Jiyong said in a small voice, so Tiffany don’t hear their conversation through the door.
“congratulations” Kikwang said, trying not to show how hurt he was.
“thanks, it just goes to show that...we’re not on the same level” Jiyong patted Kikwang on the shoulder. At that moment, Kikwang wanted to smash his fist to Jiyong’s nose but restrained himself and gave him a stiff smile before waving goodbye to Tiffany. She made eye contact with him briefly before the car drove away. A tear escape Kikwang’s eye but he wiped it away and cleared this throat.
The girl he wanted hated him and the guy he hated has the girl. The saddest part was, he’s attending their wedding to congratulate their love while he dies slowly inside.
=====================================================================================================================
She chose Jiyong!!!! 
It's a relief Kikwang found out who was behind all those nasty things that happened to Tiffany...hopefully, Jessica won't interfere anymore...
tell me what you think about the story so farrr <3 and subscribe
The wedding is next update!