Disappear

Broken Promises

 

“Tiffany!” he yelled as he saw her head went under the water again. He waited...waited for her to pop up but...there was nothing. Looking left to right for help, but there was none. Dropping his phone and removed his shoes, he jumped into the lake. He swan around, looking at where she was spotted last but there was nothing there.

“Tiffany” he said under his breath and dived into the water, waving his hands everywhere, hoping he could feel Tiffany. He always knew she couldn’t swim, which left him puzzled of why she would end up in the water.

When he felt like he needed to breathe again, he quickly kicked himself up and took one big breath. Not wasting time, he dived back in. The water was so murky, even if he opened his eyes; there was almost nothing to see.

It’s been too long, he thought frustrated to himself, any longer and she would...shaking his head at the thought, he kicked his legs harder, getting deeper into the lake when he felt something.

A spark of hope light through him as he reached out. It was the back of her head. Hooking both of his arms under her shoulders, he used his tired and burning legs to get them to the surface before he also run out of oxygen.

Then something struck him, it seems a long way up until they reach the surface and she's been in the water possibly for around 5 minutes. Holding in as much oxygen left in his lungs, he pressed his lips to hers, ignoring the coldness of it. True, he always wanted to kiss those lips, but not when they’re under a life and death situation. Blowing some air into , he did 4 more big kicks that got them to the surface.

He took one big breath, feeling relief in his lungs as he pulls them both to the shore. Tiffany wasn’t in a state that looked healthy. Her skin was blue and her lips were grey, no colour. Thinking fast, he checked her pulse. Relief hit him when he felt her heart beating, maybe not as strong but still beating.

Thinking back to high school days, he tried to remember everything about CPR. Placing both hands on her chest, he starts pumping away. 1, 2, 3, he counted silently to 30 before giving her 2 breaths of air. He continued that way, 30 pumps, and 2 breaths. Hope started slipping when she's not responding but he kept reminding himself that he felt her pulse, so she's not dead...yet.

While he was doing his fourth set of CPR, he felt her move. Smiling at his achievement, he rolled her over to the side as lake water spilled out of . His eyes widened at how much there was. He thanked everything, God, Buddha... for making Tiffany hang on just a little longer or she would’ve been long gone.

“Tiffany” he called her name when the water finished coming out of . When she looked at him with droopy eyes, it started to water from pure joy that he was there to save her.

“Oppa”

*****************************

Kikwang kept on walking, ignoring Tiffany’s calls. He didn’t know what gotten into him, why, he was so mad when he saw her with another guy. She could be with whoever she wants, it’s not like he owns her. Shaking his head at his pathetic thoughts, Kikwang walked around a caravan when he felt an urge to go back...like something was pushing him backwards. The pit of his stomach felt funny and his nature instinct was literally telling him to go back.

“What the hell is wrong with me now?” he thought annoyed as he kept walking. When he covered quite a distance between the lake, some other thought came into his head.

Tiffany, Tiffany. The thought ran through his mind on repeat. Getting a bad feeling that something happened to her, Kikwang quickly turned around and walked back towards the lake.

His walk turned into a power walk then it suddenly turned into a run of urgency. He doesn’t know why he’s feeling this way but he wouldn’t feel this way unless something happened.

“Omo!” someone screamed out when he bumped into her. Jessica looked at him with wide, panicked eyes.

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” she asked, fixing her hair before resting both hands behind her back, not looking into his eyes. Kikwang raised an eye brow at her suspicious behaviour.

“I need to go to the lake” He said, stepping to the left when Jessica copied his movement.

“Sica, can you move?” He asked, a little angry and frustrated at the same but he has to keep his polite image. Bets him, all he wanted to do at that moment was throw her into the lake for standing in his way.

“Where are you going oppa?” she asked innocently, cocking her head to one side. Rolling his eyes, Kikwang grabbed her by the shoulder and moved her out of the way before running around the caravan he once past.

Hoping to see something ordinary, he was left disappointed. There was nothing out of place. The lake was as calm as he remembered it 10 minutes ago and the urge of coming here was gone. Behind him, he heard Jessica let out a big sigh.

“Why are you sighing?” he asked her, a little too harshly. She looked at him as if surprised that he could hear her loud sigh.

“I'm not, just catching my breath” she said, smiling at him.

“Where’s Tiffany? Have you seen her?” he asked. Jessica looked from left to right, almost like thinking of something to say.

“Oh! That’s right. I saw her walking away arm in arm with Jiyong” she said, clapping her hands together.

“Yeah! They looked so sweet together oppa~. I'm so jealous” Jessica said. Kikwang could feel his face turning in different shades of red. His hands were scrunched into tight fist as he tried to stop himself from doing something stupid.

“I...guess...they look good...together” he said with much restrains, looking out at the lake, missing the smug look Jessica had paste on her face when she saw his reaction.

“Let’s deal with her later...if she turns up. We got some filming to do” Jessica said, a little too cheerful as she linked her arm with his.

*********************

That night, Tiffany wasn’t allowed to do anything but stay in bed and take medicine to get rid of the remaining water in her lungs while Jiyong stayed by her side, doing everything as she asked him too. This time, unlike other times, she knew Jiyong would be the one to save her. Before, she always had fantasise that every time she was put in hospitals because her system crash or something, she would opened her eyes to see Kikwang, but after many round of disappointment, she got over it.

It was always Jiyong. He took care of her, gave her everything she needed and never, ever let her down. He was perfect for her, but before...she never opened up and gave him a chance because Kikwang had always claimed her heart but this past incident did it for her.

Jiyong had always been there for her, now she's going to give him a chance. A chance he deserves since they first met 6 years ago.

“Are you ok now?” Jiyong asked her as he handed her the evening’s medication. Tiffany nodded at him gratefully as she swallowed the pills.

“Are you going to tell me what happened?” Jiyong asked her, resting his hand gently on hers. Tiffany looked at him with an uneasy expression.

“Tell me” he said firmly. Taking a deep breath, she told him everything, pausing when Jiyong looked like he wanted to smash something, when he looked ok, she continued.

“Thank you for saving me oppa” she said when she finished the story. Jiyong smiled at her as he gave her hand a squeezed.

“I always save you. What would you do without me” he said, smiling the smile she liked.

“And hey, this time you actually said my name right when you came around” he added, which made Tiffany feel bad. She always called out Kikwang’s name, hoped that he would be there, but no more. She's moving on...for real this time.

“I'm sorry” she said with her head down, couldn’t make herself to look at him. Jiyong tilted her face up to meet him by the chin.

“Don’t worry about it” he said quietly before peaking her on the forehead.

“Get some sleep” he said before walking out of the door. When the light went out, Tiffany’s eyelid began to feel heavy and within a minute, she was under a deep sleep.

4 days later

Kikwang haven’t slept for 3 days straight, give or take a few hours where he snoozed off by accident. He couldn’t contact Tiffany at all. No call, no text, no email. Nothing, it’s like she disappeared, and that's one of the option he didn’t want to think about. It’s like last time, he couldn’t do anything right. He couldn’t remember his lines, sing the right note, and walk properly. This little situation of his was getting out of hand.

“Hyung, you should rest” Dongwoon said, looking at Kikwang with worried eyes while the others nodded in agreement.

“Just rest, just for today” Doojoon piped in. He was getting worried by the hour. They haven’t seen him like this since trainee days when...she left.

“Yeah, I’ll do that” Kikwang said just to shut them up, and it’s not like others fell for it either. They looked at each other in silent, not knowing what to say to this thick skinned boy.

“Fine, do whatever” Yoseob said suddenly, getting attention from everyone apart from Kikwang.

Hyunseung tried to communicate with Yoseob using hand motions, not wanting to break the silence when Yoseob shook his head.

“Just let him be, he’ll work it out like he always does” Yoseob said, walking forward and handed a packet of anti-stress pills. Kikwang smiled down at the pills in amusement, Yoseob always knew what to do, even if it ended up to be the most ridiculous solution, he still made the situation better, at least to Kikwang’s expectation.

“Thanks man” he said quietly. Yoseob smiled down at Kikwang while he gave his friend a pat on the back before following the others out to their photo shoot that Kikwang would once again, not attending.

Around 3 in the afternoon, Kikwang was bored out of his mind. He literally did nothing at all, apart from trying to call Tiffany’s calls and messaging her, along with ignoring Jessica phone calls and text. A small part of him wonders if Tiffany was doing the same thing he's doing to Jessica.

Feeling frustrated about nothing, Kikwang got up in a huff and grabbed the keys to his new car and headed for the door.vehicles-bmw-x5.jpg

Kikwang drove mindlessly around the city, his mind elsewhere. People were looking at his car with envy, some even tried to see through the black tinted windows to see who the driver is. Ignoring the constant phone calls from Jessica, Kikwang round the corner, heading towards his favourite ice-cream shop when a figure of a girl caught his eye on the side walk. Slowing down his car, he tried seeing her face. When she turned around, he stopped the car at the side of the road and hopped out without hesitation and ran up towards her. She seems to not noticed him and continued to walk, looking at the scenery in front of her.

Kikwang grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the car, luckily no one was in the small street to see the scene or it would’ve looked like he’s kidnapping her.

“Let go!” Tiffany said, as she turned around to see her kidnaper and about to spit some foul words at him when she saw who it was.

“4 days without a word and I see you walking around exploring” Kikwang said in a low and deep voice as he tried to contain his anger.

“O...pp.a.” Tiffany stutters as she felt his hand tighten around her wrist.

“Wait until we get home” he said before dragging her to the car and throwing her into the passenger seat. This is going to be an interesting afternoon...

======================================================================================================================

So it's not Kikwang afterall :( because he was distractd by Jessica

I was temted to make Kikwang save Tifany but its too early in the story....

I'm telling you now somewhere in the next couple of chapters theres going to be some Jiyong/Kikwang face off :D look forward to it!

Comment on what you think so far and don't forget to SUBCSRIBE <3

Thanks to the people who commented, made my day. also thanks to my silents :)