New Job

Broken Promises

 

“You’re going where?!” Jiyong asked Tiffany, totally surprised that she would mention something like that.

“I want to work for cube entertainment” Tiffany clarifies herself. She wanted to pay back the huge dept she already own Kikwang and because of the blood donation, she owes him even more.

“Why? If you’re desperate for work, tell me, I’ll go find something for you” jiyong told her, well, plead her. This was exactly the reason why he didn’t want to tell Tiffany about the blood donation. She's going to feel all guilty and wants to pay back the deed, however she can. Now she's entering the lion’s den and jiyong feared for the worse.

“Oppa, don’t try to stop me, you’ll never succeed from talking me out of this one” Tiffany said, refusing to listen to jiyong desperate persuasion.

“But you’re sick, it’s only been 3 days” he pointed it out.

“Still, I want to, don’t stop me” tiffany said, before getting out of her chair and headed for the door.

“And how are you going to get there?” Jiyong asked at last, feeling defeated.

“I’ll call a cab” she said, not looking back. Sighing in frustration, he reluctantly got up from his chair and headed for the door, grabbing his keys.

“I’ll take you, I won’t support you but if this is what you want to do, then...I’ll be...your chauffer” Jiyong smiled at her, holding the door for Tiffany to go through. She smiled at him greatly before exiting their hotel room.

**************************

“Hyung! You have mail~~~” Dongwoon sang, waving an envelope at Kikwang where he sat stiffly at the sofa, watching some nonsense on the TV. Hearing his name, he looked up bored, but his eyes widened at the envelope in Dongwoon’s hand.

“Give it here” he said, reaching out his hand for it. Dongwoon skipped over playfully before plopping himself next to Kikwang, flopping the envelope on his lap.

“Why didn’t the manager get this envelope instead?” Kikwang asked curiously, normally it was the manager who handles everything that got to do with their work.

“Who cares! Open it, it looks important” Dongwoon urged. Kikwang gave him a stern look that settled him down before tearing open the thick package. His heart did a small flip of excitement when he saw the front cover of the slab of paper was the title of the new drama and the lead role’s name printed on it.

“I got it, I scored it” he said to himself, not able to hold in the excitement.

“You got the part! Hyung! I'm so proud of you” Dongwoon said it a little overenthusiastically, wrapping his arms around Kikwang and patted his head. Kikwang looked at the maknae with a raised brow before clearing his throat. Dongwoon snapped out of his little trance and sat up straight clearing his throat first, he reached out his hand to Kikwang.

“Congratulation Hyung” he said in a deep and formal voice, looking totally serious. Kikwang laughed at the silly maknae before giving him a light push.

“Thanks” he simply said, but he couldn’t get rid of that stupid smile on his face.

“Hyung, but what is the story about?” Dongwoon asked, curiously looking at the thick paperwork.

“I'm not quite sure, the manager made me go for the role...something good I guess” Kikwang muttered to himself as he examined the pages. Flipping over the front cover, he read the synopsis.

Kikwang felt his heart dropped to the ground and the happiness he experienced not even 1 minute ago was away. Kikwang looked at the letters blankly, having trouble making out the words, double checking if he read it right.

“So what is it about?...” Dongwoon asked, a little concern about the sudden mood change.

“It’s about a guy that loves a girl very much...but then she left him...5 years later...she returned...and brought back unwanted memories” Kikwang said it monotone.

“But that's really similar to—” Dongwoon stopped himself to say the next word, the pain in Kikwang’s eyes said enough.

“You can always pull out” Dongwoon said gently.

“No, I want to do it” Kikwang simply said, his voice a little tight. Let see if reality and fantasy both have happy endings.

****************

“Welcome to the company” the head department said to her with a big smile.

“Thank you” Tiffany said, smiling brightly.

“You can start work tomorrow, at the makeup department. Work starts at 8 sharp, don’t be late on your first day” Tiffany nodded her head, still smiling before bowing her head.

“I’ll see you tomorrow”

“How was it?” Jiyong asked when Tiffany got into the car.

“It was exceptionally easy, I hope they don’t let anyone in with a simple interview” Tiffany said while she buckled her seatbelt.

Jiyong smiled secretly to himself, while she was waiting to be called into the office. Jiyong made a call to Bruce and told him the situation. With a twig there and pinch here, he got Tiffany the job even before she had to be in an interview. Bruce would do anything for his niece before her time runs out.

“Shall be celebrate?” Jiyong asked, looking at Tiffany with a pleased smile that she's happy.

*******************

Kikwang just got from the meeting for the new drama around 6 when Doojoon texted he to pick him up at the office since no one else was available. Feeling tired and stressed out, Kikwang groaned out loud but headed over to the office anyway.

By the time he pulled up, the sun had set. Cutting off the engine, Kikwang waited in his car while Doojoon wrapped up his dance practice. Fiddling with his radio for almost 10 minutes, Kikwang had enough of waiting around.

Getting out of his car, he headed into the office, checking up on what's taking Doojoon so long when something on the bulletin caught his eyes.

Everyone, tomorrow our company is going to welcome a new employee.

Her name is Hwang Miyoung but please call her Tiffany to make her feel comfortable.

She will be working at the makeup department so don’t be a stranger and make her feel welcome.

Surrounding the message were streamers and balloons stickers. She's going to be working here? He thought to himself. But she never liked working in the industry.

“You saw that too huh? I guess we’re going to have a new makeup artist” Doojoon said from behind him.

“Not for long” Kikwang muttered to himself as he pulled out his phone and dialled the head of department.

“Thanks a lot, ok, bye” Kikwang hung up with a smug smile on his face. Doojoon looked at him suspiciously.

“What’s on your mind?” he asked, narrowing his eyes at Kikwang.

“Nothing Hyung, things are getting better and better” Kikwang said as he walked out, whistling as he walks towards the car.

“Something’s up” Doojoon muttered to himself before following.

*******************

Tiffany woke up nice and early, getting ready for her first day of work. Her heart was beating fast in anticipation as she eats her breakfast cheerfully.

“Someone’s in a good mood” Jiyong smiled as he took a sip from his coffee.

“We need to hurry oppa, we’re going to be late” Tiffany said as she looked at the time, suddenly her phone went off.

 “Tiffany, the work location had been moved. Here’s the address and look for one particular trailer with 435 as the number plate, you’ll be assisting the makeup artists in a drama, don’t be late. 7 sharp”

Tiffany looked at the clock again and shot out of her seat.

“Oppa! We’re going to be late!” Tiffany said, a little panic.

“Why?” jiyong asked. Tiffany showed the text which got jiyong out of his seat in seconds. He quickly washed down his coffee like it was cool water and grabbed the car keys.

“ We got to make a good impression huh?” Jiyong said playfully before grabbing tiffany’s hand and pulled her along.

20 minutes later, they found themselves in a private park that's being blocked off for drama purposes, there are many trailers and cars, sets and lighting, and it was overwhelming.

“This is no joke” Jiyong said as he examined the area. Tiffany nodded in agreement silently before unbuckling her seat beat.

“Oppa, I got to go.” Tiffany said. Jiyong smiled at her one last time before she opened the door.

“Take care and call me when you’re done” he said, tiffany nodded her head and waved at his car as he drove away.

When his car went out of sight, tiffany pulled out her phone and looked at the number plate of the trailer. There must be about 10 trailers around here and tiffany was nowhere near one. Sighing, she quickly walked over to where the trailers were and looked at each one, matching the number plate with her information. So far, the 5 she checked was not it. Wiping sweat across her forehead, she headed for the next trailer in sight.

435. Tiffany smiled in triumph when she saw that the numbers were the same. Looking at the trailer, it was bigger and took up for space then the others. It was black and shiny, tiffany could even see her own reflection on its coat. 

Fixing her messy hair, tiffany took a deep breath and headed to the door of the trailer.

Knocking on it lightly, she waited. The trailer door opened and cold air rushed her. It felt so nice against the hot outdoor temperature.

Taking it as a queue to go in, tiffany stepped up on the high steps and entered the van. The interior was even more elegant. She almost felt like she stepped into a small mansion?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She wonders how all of this could fit in the small space.                      

“Hello?” she said softy, since she couldn’t spot anyone.

“Down here” the voice called to her, tiffany took hesitance steps deeper into the van. Sitting with his back to her, she couldn’t exactly tell who it was.

“You need your makeup done...?” she asked him hesitantly. He shook his head before getting up. At that point, she could recognise that figure anywhere.

“Why am I...?” she trailed off.

Kikwang turned around to face her, she was stunned by how amazing he looks in his drama clothes. It’s totally something he does not wear around. A proper sleeve shirt with a vest with jeans and pointed shoes.

“You’re my new personal assistant” he smiled at her; somehow, she doesn't find the smile soothing at all.

==================================================================================================================

Sorry for the late update

I know this chapter is alittle boring, i'm having one of those days :(

but next chapter is going to be better

thanks to all my subscribers, commentors and you silent readers who continue to read my fanfic <3 hope u r enjoying the story!

Comment and Subscribe