Stupid Feelings

Broken Promises

 

Her heart was in pain every time she told him she can't him where she went. She simply can't. His face turned redder and redder every time he asked her a question that didn't get the right answer. She had never seen him like this, ever, they have fights from time to time but it was always resolve when one of them apologises and everything would be fine. But this time somehow, weather she apologises for million times, he still won't forgive her and things would never be normal again.

"I deserve to know what happened!" he yelled at her, Tiffany flinched a little inside. Tears were streaming down her face continuously, every time she wipes it away, it returns. She could see his eyes were tearing as well but she has a feeling it wasn't from sadness she felt, more like anger. 

"I can't tell you!" she screamed back, she wanted it to be stronger and more convincing but it came out weak. At that point, Kikwang was pacing back and forth, looking at objects around the room, as if deciding what to hit first. Then at the worst time, her phone rang. Right away, she knew it would be Jiyong; he's the only one that has her number. As she tried to reach for it, Kikwang got to it first.

" oppa, give it to me" he ignored her and went through her bag, not finding the phone, he poured out all her contents, when her phone fell on the ground, Kikwang picked it up and looked at the ID. Like time has froze, Kikwang just stood there as he stared at the phone, his face getting redder, so was his eyes, his breathing was becoming faster. Tiffany held her breath, bracing herself for him to say something.

"WHO TH IS JIYONG?!" he yelled at her, Tiffany couldn't help but let out a whimper. Getting off the bed slowly, she inched towards him, reaching for the phone.

"Oppa, can I have it?" he slapped her hand away with a loud slap; Tiffany pulled back her hand and clutch it to her chest. This isn't the Kikwang I know...

************

As the slap echo the room, guilt overrode his anger. He had never slapped her, anywhere. His hand was tingling from the hit but he bet hers was probably worse. He glanced at her from the corner of his eye to see Tiffany clutching her hot red hand to her chest. He wanted to say sorry and take back what he did, but when he looked down to the phone again, the guilt disappeared completely. Anger was back on, full forced. Pressing the answer button, he was about to bring the phone to his ear when Tiffany quickly snatched it off him.

"Oppa, can I can you later?" anger spiked up in Kikwang, before she could say anything else, Kikwang snatched back the phone.

“Hello?" but the line was already dead, Kikwang brought the phone away from his ear as he looked at the screen. A neon battery sign was flicking. Dead battery.

Turing back around, he looked at Tiffany accusingly.

"Who is Jiyong?" Tiffany avoided his eyes, looking from right to left.

"A...a friend" she stutter, rubbing her hands together. Kikwang’s eyes landed on her hand, which was still bright red. His hand stretched out and held her red hand in his, gently; he pulled her to the bathroom. Placing her hand in the sink, he the cold water. Softly, he run his hand over hers, keeping it under cold water so the redness would go away. After a few seconds, he snapped back to reality and realised what he did. Abruptly, he dropped her hand and dried his, before walking away from the bathroom.

 slide_7559_100236_large.jpg?131874827447

Tiffany was surprised at first, when he grabbed her hand and examined the redness.  She was even more surprised when he brought her to the bathroom and run her hand under cold water. After the yelling not long before, Kikwang had turned into the guy she knew. The caring and gentle man she knows him to be. His eyes were soft and warm, not cold and bloodshot like it was before. Tiffany closed her eyes and focused on the way his hand felt on hers, she missed the feeling, the warmth, even under cold water, as if it's too good to be true, Kikwang dropped her hand and dried his in silence before walking out of the bathroom. Tiffany looked at him confused, before slowly continuing to cool her hand. The redness died down, she pulled the plug and watch as the water swirl down the drain. At that moment, the water was the exact replica of her heart, as it spirals down every time Kikwang looks at her, eyes filled with hate. Taking her time, she carefully wash her face to clear up before sliding down the counter and hugged her legs to her chest, the stupid tears leaked out of her eyes drop by drop as she cried silently in the bathroom by herself.

 

Kikwang angrily wiped the tear as it dared spill from his eyes while he walked down the stairs. He was at total lost when he found himself cooling her hand. He doesn’t want to be nice to her, compare to what she did to him. He wants her to suffer, wants her to feel the pain she inflicted on him. The closer he got to the bottom of the stairs, the louder the sounds of guns were going off in the theatre room where Yoseob was watching TV in the dark.

 

modern home theater design ideas

Kikwang wanted to scream, yell or even hit things if it made him feel better about the situation. Having Tiffany back in his life is twice as much pain after she left. Now that she’s back, he might fall for her again and when he does, she's going to leave and run over his heart all over again. Kikwang braced himself on the wall beside the theatre room, he took deep breaths to steady himself before going back up stairs to face Tiffany again. When he got his emotions under control, Kikwang made his way back up stairs and entered his room, where Tiffany is now sitting on the edge of the bed, staring into space. The sound of Kikwang’s footsteps brought her head up.

"Unless you find a good explanation of why you left me, you're going to stay in this room" Kikwang said blankly, looking at her shocked face. Tiffany scrambled up and walked towards him, reaching for his hands but he stepped back, not wanting to touch her.

“But, I can't oppa" Tiffany said shakily. "You can't keep me here"

"Then tell me where you've been" Kikwang said numbly, staring at her face with no emotion while hers was filled with hurt, confusion, fear and sorrow.

"I can't explain" she said desperately. Kikwang smirked before turning back to the door, heading out. Before he closed the door completely, he looked at her, watching him with disbelief.

"So be it" he closed the door tightly shut before locking it.