Going Home

Broken Promises

 

Tiffany couldn’t help but let her tears slide down her face as she walked away from Kikwang. He had given up on chasing her when she threw the ring at him. 
Her vision started to blur as the world started to spin around her. Her breathing has become shallower and her skin felt tight.
I took the medicine earlier this afternoon, she thought to herself.
Without realising it, tiffany found herself at the beach. The sand felt nice under her feet and the smell of ocean cleared her head. It, however, didn’t ease the tightness on her skin or her shallow breathing. Tiffany could feel her wind pipe closing as she found it hard to breathe. Tiffany clutches as she tried to breathe. Tiffany dropped to her knees and then went on all four, breathing through her nose and out through . 
Damn, I'm too close to the water. She thought to herself when the salt water hit her hands and soaked the knees of her jeans. 
“h...ee...l.p” she tried to force out. Her lungs felt constricted and her hands started to shake. Not now, please. Give me time. Not now. She prayed. 
With not enough air in her system, tiffany’s arms couldn’t hold her up, causing her to collapse face first in the water. Using her best effort, she rolled over and heaved.
Breathe, she commands herself but her body didn’t feel like it. When she heard her name, she thought she was dreaming but when someone lifted her and moved her to a dry place that she let out a smile.
“Oh, god” Jiyong whispered as he tried to check her pulse. Tiffany could hardly feel him when he held her and her vision were turning from gray to black.
*************************
Jiyong patted her face a few times but she didn’t responded. Her face was turning blue and her breathing was hardly noticeable.
 “Tiffany, please breathe” he murmured as he scoped her up and ran back up the beach, holding her close to his chest. As time passed, tiffany’s breathing was becoming softer and softer. In the underground car park, jiyong fetched out his keys and unlocked his door. He got a little startled when tiffany started to move in his arms.
“Oppa....” she wheezed. Jiyong shushed her quietly, not wanting her to waste her breathe. She could hardly breathe.
“Kikwang...he...he...” tiffany muttered, her tears leaked out from the corner of her eye. Jiyong felt his blood boiled at the sight of her tears. 
“Shhhh, don’t talk” Jiyong murmured as he fixed her in the back seat.
“I hate him!” she said, her voice hard. Jiyong froze for a split second before looking back at her.
“We need to get you to the hospital”
*******************************
Kikwang shook his head, still kneeling on the ground, clutching to the promise rings. His was burning against his chest.
“Opppaa~~~ lets continue” cherry said from the door. Kikwang got up and wiped the traces of tears before turning to her.
“What did you give me?” he asked darkly, the smile on Cherry’s face disappeared and her facial expression turned pale.
“What...I don’t know what you’re talking about” 
“I drank 1 bottle of beer. I can’t be drunk. So what did you give me?” kikwang’s fist clenched around the necklace, the rim of it biting into his skin. 
“Nothing! Nothing” Cherry started to panic. Kikwang shook his head in disgust before running the direction Tiffany went. This little accident is NOT going to ruin the progress he has made with tiffany these past few days. 
Kikwang ran, not caring when people were giving him funny looks and started to snap pictures. Kikwang felt his heart skipped a beat when he saw a figure lying on the beach, face in the sand and the water was lapping around it. 
“Tiffany!” he yelled and ran towards the figure when someone else appeared. Jiyong. Kikwang was still at the top of the beach when Jiyong made it to Tiffany. Kikwang waited and looked on, seeing the way Jiyong clutch tiffany to him. When Jiyong ran back towards the beach, Kikwang went behind the bush and followed them. Jiyong parked his car in the underground parking and when they reached the car, tiffany started to speak…her voice was soft and kind of out of breathe? But when she said his name, a smile appeared on his face for a split second before the next three words that came out from her that smashed his heart.
“I hate him”
Jiyong said something else to her before closing the car door and drove off, leaving Kikwang looking after them, feeling the broken feeling over again, this time, it hurts more because now he knows that she’s willing to go from him.
*************************
“Miyoung” Tiffany opened her eyes to see her uncle, clutching to her hand, his eyes were rimmed red.
“Uncle” she murmured tiredly, smiling despite herself. His face turned into a smile for a second before the cloud started to form above his head.
“How dare you take those pills?” he asked grimly. “Why aren’t you treasuring every moment of your remaining…?” Bruce cut off, not wanting to finish the sentence.
“Wait…what pills?” tiffany asked confused. 
“The diagnose said you consumed some sort of medicine that clashed with your recovering prescription. It had an effect in your blood stream and closed up your airway”
“I didn’t eat anything…but steak” tiffany tried to remember…the steak was from…Kikwang. 
“Steak?” her uncle looked at her, wearing a confused look.
“Yeah, I must’ve accidently took some pills by accident. I’m sorry for getting you all worked up” tiffany smiled at her uncle. 
“Hwang Miyoung, that’s not good enough” her uncle tried to muster smile.
“I thought I lost you as well” he closed his eyes for a moment; tiffany tried her hardest not to cry at the sight of her pained uncle. 
“You won’t, I promise”
He opened his eyes and smiled at her. “Come home with me”. Tiffany stared at her uncle, not knowing what to say. Her voice was clogged up in . She can’t leave, even if she hate to admit it, Kikwang still meant something to her.
But before she could give him an answer, voices started from outside their room.
************************
Kikwang didn’t get a snip of sleep, as soon as the sun came out, he got up and out of the hotel so fast, and no one could stop him in time. There’s only a couple of major hospital in Jeju,  it didn’t take long for him to find out where Tiffany was recovering at. 
Kikwang ignored the people staring at him and the whispers from fan girls when he walked past them. 
“Saraghaeyo oppa!” a girl called out to him. He nodded back lightly, not sparing her a look. He called earlier and asked for what room tiffany was resting. Surprisingly, the information wasn’t classified or anything, making finding her easier. 
Kikwang turned into the V.I.P wing of the hospital. Luckily for him, there was no one but nurses roamed the hall, slipping into rooms. It didn’t take long to find Tiffany’s room either. Jiyong sat solemnly at one of the rows of seats, at the sound of his footsteps, Jiyong looked up. The color of his face exploded in red.
“You! How dare you come here?” Jiyong got up and marched over to him. 
“I want to see Tiffany” Kikwang said without a hint of emotion. 
“She hates you. And she doesn’t hate people often.  You must’ve done something bad to her” by the time he finished his sentence, Jiyong was up in his face. 
“Step back” Kikwang said simply. 
“It’s all your fault!” Jiyong pushed at Kikwang.
“She nearly died last night because of you” Jiyong grabbed Kikwang by the collar. Kikwang rolled his eyes as he threw a punch at Jiyong. Jiyong lost his footing and stumbled back when the door opened. 
“How dare you show up!” Bruce exploded when he saw Kikwang. 
“Bruc—” Kikwang was cut off when Bruce punched him in the jaw. Kikwang stumbled the same way Jiyong did a second ago and landed on the chairs in the narrow corridor. Holding onto his jaw, he looked at Bruce, a little shock.
“How dare you hurt Miyoung?”
“It was a misunderstanding. She came at the wrong time, it was a mistake” Kikwang stutter. Bruce was like a father figure to him. When his dad turned out to be a when he was younger, Bruce was there to comfort him.  
“I’m taking her home.” Bruce said, closing the door. Kikwang tried to peek into the room, hoping he could see tiffany so he could be assured she as okay. 
“You can’t do that” Kikwang said suddenly. She can’t go home, she belongs to him. It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t love him. She can hate him for the rest of her life if she wants to, but as long as he could still see her, that’s good enough for him. 
“You are in no position to tell me what to do. I thought you were right for her but I guess you are one of the few judgments I regret” Bruce’s words stung. Kikwang didn’t show that it affected him at all but the satisfaction on Bruce’s face shows that he didn’t quiet covers his expression. 
“Bruce, come on. You know me. I know how much I love Tiffany. Always have. I would never hurt her that way” Kikwang pleaded, feeling a tad uncomfortable to know Jiyong is standing right there, seeing his vulnerable side. 
“Sorry, son. She’s going home. Her conditions won’t do her good here” Kikwang stopped and replayed what he heard over again. What conditions, is he talking about this one or is there something else he doesn’t know. 
“What…condition?” Kikwang asked carefully. Bruce eye brow went up in surprised before he composed himself again. 
“The one she’s in now. Korea is not the best place for her right now. I’m taking her back to the states” Bruce cleared his throat a little. 
“You’re not telling me something, Bruce.” Kikwang pressed. 
“Just go home” at that, Bruce turned around and went back into the room. Leaving Kikwang outside with Jiyong. 
“Go home. She doesn’t want you anymore” Jiyong said from the side, mockery in his voice. That son of a is asking for it. 
“Fine, I will. But I hope you know, she’s going to come back to get her heart…which is always with me. You’re just the distraction” Kikwang said, staring right at Jiyong, wiping off the smirk from his face.
“No, you’re wrong. Now this time” Jiyong answered back.
“You’re wrong. She’ll always come back to the one that owns her heart” Kikwang walked away before Jiyong get a chance to fire back. 
***************************
“Was that Kikwang oppa?” tiffany asked when her uncle walked back in. 
“Yeah, but he’s gone now. Don’t worry” Bruce smiled down at her.
“And I spoke to the hospital. Their forwarding your condition to the hospital in the states” Bruce said as he went to tiffany’s side.
“Why?” she asked her uncle, already knowing the answer.
“We’re going home”
================================================================================================================
It's been a long time and I'm sorry.
My computer died and i lost my chapters :(
BUT, i remembered i backed it up on my USB. 
I uploaded this chapter before but sometime ago, the site had a problem and deleted it so i uploaded it again.
Next update will be soon....ish?
It's almost over!! 
Tell me what you think about the story so farrr and Subscribe!!!