I Can't Swim

Broken Promises

 

As soon as jiyong stopped the car 45 minutes later, Tiffany bid jiyong a quick goodbye before hopping out of the car and sprinted as fast as she could to Kikwang’s trailer, fearing he might be hungry after waiting for 45 minutes.

Without knocking first, Tiffany opened the door and ran into the room and dropped the heavy bag of 2 big serving of spaghetti and 3 different sides ordered by Jessica. 

“Took you long enough” Jessica said, turning away from the TV and looked at Tiffany in pity at her red faced, puffing form.

“I got everything you ordered” Tiffany said, bringing over the food to the small dining area in the big trailer. Jessica stretched out lazily on the couch before sluggishly walked over to the chair.

“Where’s Kikwang?” Tiffany asked as she set out the plates and cups. Why am I even doing this, I'm an assistant not a servant.

“He’s in the bathroom, clothes change” Jessica said as she took a bit out of her spaghetti, chewed it slowly before spitting it back out.

“This is cold” she said, giving Tiffany a death glare.

“Well, I had to travel for 30 minutes to get there. You get what you get” Tiffany said, not fazed by Jessica’s glare, you hurt me before, that's not happening again.

“What did you say?” Jessica asked, raising herself up from the chair to size up with Tiffany.

“I said what I said, are you deaf?” Tiffany asked, not backing down from this full of ego actress.

“Wow, you got guts” Jessica said, crossing her arms as she studied Tiffany.

“And you got some left on your lips” Tiffany said, running her own hand over her lips, showing where she was indicating.

“Ya!” Jessica yelled, Tiffany didn’t see it coming at all. Everything went to fast, before she could react, a stinging sensation was on her left cheek. Tiffany lifted her hand and covered her face as she looked at Jessica in shock.

“Shock?” Jessica scoffed.

“No, just surprised but I guess you forgot I have hands too” as soon as she finished the sentence, Tiffany raised her own hand and slapped Jessica across the face.

Jessica yelped in surprised while Tiffany looked on wide eyed. I can’t believe I did that, she thought to herself. She's never the type to start a fight, but there's something about Jessica that annoyed the hell out of her.

“You” she said, Tiffany stepped back as Jessica reached her hand over and got the glass of water Tiffany poured her, fearing she's going to get splash.

With an evil smirk, Jessica started to scream as she splashed herself with the glass of water.

“Tiffany! Stop! Please!” Jessica pleaded while looking straight at Tiffany.

“Tiffany!” she yelled again, this time, Jessica started to slap herself and mess up her own hair.

“Stop, stop it” Tiffany said as she moved in and tried to pry Jessica’s hands from messing her own hair.

“TIFFANY!” Kikwang yelled from across the hall, looking at her with so much hate and anger that she couldn’t even look at him in the eyes.

“Oppa!” Jessica said as she started to cry crocodile tears. Pushing Tiffany away roughly, she ran into Kikwang’s arms as she sobbed into his chest.

“Kanchana?” Kikwang asked her, tilting her head up to see red marks on her cheeks.

“It hurts” she said, as more tears rolled down her face.

Tiffany’s hand involuntary went to her face, where Jessica slapped her. There's not much pain now but it still hurts that she didn’t even do anything and is getting the blame for everything.

Kikwang looked up in time to see Tiffany taking her hand away from her face to see the red hand mark on her face. Kikwang was about to move to her, to check on her face when he was held back when Jessica hugged him tighter, stopping him in his tracks.

Kikwang tried to see Tiffany’s expression if she was hurt but she never made eye contact with him.

“I'm going back to work” Tiffany mumbled as she grabbed her bag and walked out.

“Fany, wait” Kikwang called to her but she didn’t stop.

********************

After eating lunch, Kikwang went into the change room to change into his new clothes for the next set, because the room was at the end of the trailer, he couldn’t hear the commotion that was going on at the other end.

“Tiffany! Stop!” as soon as he heard her name, Kikwang dropped everything and ran out of the room, just to stop short at what was happening.

Tiffany was grabbing Jessica’s hair while Jessica plead her to stop. Anger boiled inside Kikwang.  Tiffany isn’t a person to do this kind of thing, she just doesn’t, but when she does, Kikwang couldn’t help but feel responsible for her behaviour.

While Jessica was hugging him, he tried to act as concerned as he can while sneaking looks at Tiffany to see if she was hurt. He didn’t even notice the red cheek until she rested her hand on it. Kikwang tried to move forward but Jessica tighten her hold on him.

“I'm going back to work” she mumbled as she walked out. Kikwang called after her name but she didn’t look back. When the door closed, Kikwang pulled Jessica away from him as he make his way to the door.

“Oppa, my face hurts” Jessica whined as she got hold of one of his hand. Kikwang sighed as he rolled his eyes. Pacing backwards, he went to the mini fridge and handed her a gel pack.

“Here. I'm going work” Kikwang said airily, fixing his collar.

“The scene doesn't start until later” Jessica said, carefully placing the pack on her face, regretting the force she slapped herself with.

Kikwang didn’t bother to answer and walked out the door, ignoring her annoying calls for him. Kikwang immediately went to where he thought Tiffany might be.

She was facing the lake, her back to him. She always has a thing for lakes, always admire them but never had the guts to swim in one. They were filming by a small lake for the opening scene for the new drama, so they’re surrounded by trees and nature.

Kikwang smiled involuntarily as he stared at Tiffany’s back. Sneaking up behind her, Kikwang looked over her shoulder to see what she was doing.

Tiffany cautiously took out 2 pills from her bag; it was stored in a small pink container so he wasn’t really sure what the pills were for. Hurriedly, Tiffany pop the pills into and swallowed it dry.

“I told you it was bad for you” Kikwang found himself say.

“Oppaaa” Tiffany whined with her sick voice, reaching out teasingly to Kikwang, who was avoiding her touch, fearing the cold she had.

“don’t touch” he said jokingly, moving his hand away. they were lounging on their favourite bench by the local Lake, under the willow tree that’s swaying lightly to the autumn wind.

*sniff loudly* “Oppa, let me hug you” Tiffany said, opening her arms to him as she coughed, eyes watery from the cold she caught from school.

“no way! Stay away!” Kikwang yelled as he got up from the bench and went around the tree, trying to get away from her.

“AW! I feel sad! Oppa! Saranghae” Tiffany said with a blocked nose, getting up as well. Kikwang back away, holding up his hand in a surrender gesture as tiffany advanced towards him with a bright smile despite her sickly form.

“you should be at home, sleeping it off” Kikwang said to her, still keeping his stance, hiding behind the tree.

“but I miss you. You went to camp for 2 weeks. Don’t you miss me at all?” Tiffany asked as she placed a hand over her heart.

“of course I miss you, just never thought you would be in this state when I'm gone” he said, pointing at her from head to toe.

“but—” she was cut off when Kikwang’s watch went off.

“take your medicine” Kikwang said as he pulled out a packet of cold and flu relief. He walked out from behind the tree and towards tiffany. Breaking the seal, he drop 2 pills into her hand. When he reached for a small bottle of water from his back pocket, Tiffany already brought the pills to and swallowed it.

“Ya! I told you a million times not to do that!” he scolded her as he handed her the drink. Tiffany rolled her eyes as she swallowed gulps of water.

“its bad for you, the pills could get stuck in your throat and you’ll choke” he said with his brow pulled together.

“aw! you care about the smallest of things” Tiffany said with a silly smile as she opened her arms for a hug she knew he would backed away from. But what surprised her was that this time; Kikwang pulled her into a hug.

“I knew you wanted some of my love” Tiffany said jokingly, tickling him...not that it worked. Kikwang laughed in her ear as he tighten his hold around her waist.

“Omo, oppa! No! I'm sick remember!” Tiffany said as she tried to break away from his bear hug. Kikwang laughed even harder as she struggled.

“you can’t get out of this one” he said into her ear as he started to tickle her. Tiffany laughed hysterically, telling him to stop but he kept going until she was out of breath.

“time out!” she said, Kikwang loosened his hold on her to give her time to breathe when her thin frame slipped from his arms.

“Ya! You better hope I don’t catch you!” Kikwang called after Tiffany, who was sprinting down the park, trying to get away from him.

“catch me if you can, old turtle!” tiffany yelled back. Kikwang laughed to himself before dashing after her.

Tiffany turned around, a little shocked that Kikwang actually remember small details like her not swallowing her pills with water. She thought he might’ve forgotten since they haven’t seen each other for 6 years.

“huh?” she asked, wanting him to say it again so she can make sure she's not imagining things.

“don’t take pills without water” he said, as he walked towards her, holding out a drink bottle. Tiffany twisted herself around the bench and accepted the water. After taking a small sip, she handed it back to Kikwang only to meet his disapproving eyes.

“drink some more. That small amount isn’t going to guaranty the pills went all the way down” he said. Tiffany took another big sip then handed the bottle back to him. Kikwang had a small smile on his face as he took back the water.

“so are you going to tell me what happened back there?” he asked her, not looking at her but at the lake in front of them.

“you won’t believe me anyway” Tiffany said softly, playing with her hands.

“that might be true, but it’s worth a try” he said, this time looking at her straight on. Tiffany found it a litte strange that he could look like he cares at times and other moments where he looked like he wanted to rip her apart.

When tiffany was about to answer, her phone went off. Looking at Kikwang from the corner of her eyes, she could see him roll his eyes as he tucked his hands in his pant pockets.

“you going to answer that?” Kikwang asked, Tiffany nodded as she took out her phone, it was from Jiyong.

“Yeoboseyo?” Tiffany answered.

“Tiff, when are you off work?” Jiyong asked. Tiffany sneaked another look at Kikwang to see if he was listening to her conversation but he was looking at the scenery.

“I don’t know oppa” Tiffany said. Kikwang’s head cocked her direction the slightest bit as he heard her said oppa to the phone. Which only mean one thing. Jiyong.

“well, do you know when you’re off?”

“No, but I’ll call you when I do” Tiffany said, unaware that she had Kikwang’s full attention.

“I’ll be around the area”

“araso” When she hung up, she found herself looking straight at Kikwang’s burning eyes.

“that was Jiyong oppa” Tiffany said sheepishly. Kikwang scoff as he played with the piece of rock in his hand before throwing it in the water violently, which shocked Tiffany a little.

“when you’re at work, there's a policy not to have private conversations during work hours and especially not cuddling with boyfriends behind the bush when no one is around to see” Kikwang said harshly before he stormed away, anger boiling to the rim. Afraid if he stays longer, he would say something he regret.

“oppa!” Tiffany called after him, but he didn’t respond. When he disappeared behind one of the caravans, someone’s voice came from behind her.

“I warned you haven’t I?” Jessica said, practically hissing at her. Jessica grabbed her by the shoulder and tossed Tiffany with all her strength into the Lake. Everything went so fast, Tiffany didn’t even get a chance to scream.

burned as water rushed into and nose, her arms felt dislocated to her body. She can’t seem to get her legs to move and her arms are just flapping uselessly in the water, when she surfaced from the water, she saw a very pleased Jessica looking down at her.

“Jessica! PLEASE! I CAN’T SWIM!” she painted as she tried to keep herself afloat. Jessica just smirked at her.

“sorry, I just did my hair” Jessica said, as she watch Tiffany struggle. Jessica’s smirk was the last thing Tiffany saw when she went under again.

========================================================================================================================

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS! LOVE READING THEM <3

tell me what you want to see happen next, i might add it in :D 

I notice there are alot of people who wanted to slap Jessica, Tiffany did it for you! she has a badass side itching to come out, there's going to be more of badass Tiffany as the story goes on. promise

This chapter was had no action so i hope the water part statisfy

COMMENT OF WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR AND SUBSCRIBE <3

Thanks also to my silent readers!