kwangfany

Broken Promises

When Kikwang noticed that the door was being banged on, he scold to himself and carefully move the shaken tiffany away from the door.

“Don’t open it” she whispered, holding onto his hand. Kikwang smiled at her gently before easing her hand off. When he opened the door, he totally wasn't ready when jiyong pounce on him, causing his back to hit the steps and tiffany screamed.

“You, son of a ” jiyong panted, punching Kikwang with each word. Kikwang was starting to see stars, his head was pounding and he tasted blood in his mouth. When jiyong stopped to take a breath, Kikwang took the opportunity to push him off, hard.

Jiyong yelled in surprised as he fell off the trailer. Kikwang lifted his hand to the driver to close the door, spitting the blood out of his mouth, missing jiyong who was halfway getting up. The door closed and the trailer took off.

“Oppa” tiffany whispered, reaching to hold onto his hand, this time, he let her.

“Are you ok?” he asked. Kikwang turned around, studying her from head to toe, arms and neck to see if Jiyong did anything to her.

“Yeah, I'm fine” she smiled before reaching up unconsciously and wiped the smear of blood on his lips, Kikwang winced.

“I’ll get some ice” tiffany said, letting go of his hand and head towards the kitchen. Kikwang felt around his mouth, feeling any lose teeth from the sudden beating he got off guard. It angers him to think that he couldn’t return the punches. Next time, he promised.

Kikwang let out a painful sigh when he sat down on the couch; his back was giving him one hell of an ache. Closing his eyes, he imagined jiyong eyes going wide while Kikwang chock him to death, only to be interrupted by tiffany’s throat clearing.

“Oppa, I know that face. Don’t imagine killing people” she scolded him but with a smile on her face.  Kikwang smiled back, planning to make things better with Tiffany in the short amount of time he gets with her before she goes back to Jiyong.

“It’s what I do best” he said, his words muffled a little when he talked through gritted teeth, trying not to stretch his mouth to cause more pain.

“Here, put some ice on that” she handed the packet to him, when he didn’t reach out for it, she frowned.

“My arms are tired; can you put it on for me?” Kikwang asked, making his voice as light as he could, around the swelling.

Tiffany looked from left to right, as if waiting for someone to walk in, sighing; Kikwang reached out and pulled her to sit next to him. Tiffany gave a playful yelp before snapping shut, but Kikwang could see the confusion in her eyes.

Leaning his cheek towards her playfully, tiffany giggled as she placed the pack on his cheek softly. Kikwang hissed when the coldness of the ice come against his burning cheek.

“Is this ok oppa?” tiffany said softly, more like mumbling to herself, looking at his jaw with caution. Kikwang was tempted to place his hand over hers, but reject the idea, fearing he's taking things too fast, it might startle her and scare her away?

The room was in an awkward silence that made Kikwang fiddled with his fingers, not knowing what to say, other than finding ways to get her worked up and angry, which isn’t the goal for the moment.

“Have you eaten?” slipped out of Kikwang’s mouth by accident, scolding silently to himself; Kikwang closed his eyes at how lame he was. Tiffany cleared in surprised with the random question but answered him anyway.

“Yeah”

“What did you eat?” Kikwang pushed on; at least it’s a conversation.

“Ramen” tiffany said, still holding the ice on his jaw, the swelling died down a little but an ugly purple bruise took its place.

“That’s all?” Kikwang asked in surprised. If he remembered correctly, she's a big eater and little packet of ramen...or two won’t satisfy her hunger, at least after eating that, she would beg him to find her something else to eat.

“Yeah” tiffany said with a dry laugh. Kikwang frowned as he moved the ice from his face, softly before turning to face her.

“Are you serious? Tiffany hwang does not eat ramen and be satisfied” Kikwang said, mouth parting in disbelief.

“Well, I grow up and my stomach shrinks. I eat least. Is that a problem?” tiffany said, wiping her wet hands on her pants. Kikwang shook his head, earning a look from tiffany.

“No, I got to get you something to eat before you starve to death” Kikwang said, glad they talked more than one sentence.

“What might I want to eat then oppa?” tiffany asked him, leaving the ice pack on the table. Kikwang smiled at her mischievously before walking over to the trailer’s driver window and said something to the driver.

“I bet if I bring this in, you won’t have enough of it” tiffany’s eyes widened as she caught up with his thoughts.

“We’re eating KFC?” he couldn’t miss the excited tone of her voice. She always liked KFC wicked wings and popcorn chicken; he would always see her eating it. It’s almost like she has a stash in her car and house or something, which surprised him when he sees her this time around, she never has any of them in her hand at any part of the day.

“Oh, I don’t know” Kikwang said around a smile, wincing when his lips stretched.

“Don’t smile too much” tiffany scolded him, which made him smile even more.

“You know I never listen to you” Kikwang walked over to the small kitchen, as he walked past her, Kikwang ruffled her hair on the way, earning a light slap on his shoulder.

“I’ll get you back” she called after him, Kikwang smiled at her tone. He missed that, the teasing and the playfulness behind it. When he saw her this time, her voice was tamed and clipped, which irritate the hell out of him.

“I’ll be waiting” he called back. When the trailer came to a stop at the drive thru window, Kikwang could hear tiffany ordering 2 buckets of wicket wings and 4 big boxes of popcorn chicken. Giggling as she order.

“Oppa~” tiffany yelled down the trailer, Kikwang stuck his head out from the small kitchen, getting the plates ready.

“What?”

“Pay, I didn’t bring moneeeyyy” tiffany grabbed his wallet on the couch and dangled it in front of her, asking for permission.

“Yeah” tiffany giggled some more as she gave the amount and when she pulled her hands back, it was filled with red packaging.

Kikwang couldn’t help but smile at her giddiness over the boxes in her arms. It only left him wondering, if he’s been nicer to her before, not hold grudges and gave her life hell, would she have been comfortable with him from the start? Without dramas and be herself around him like she is now? Kikwang wanted to kick himself in the rear for acting like a jerk and be unhappy while he could get ‘this’ from the start.

“Well, don’t keep it to yourself. Remember this thing I taught you. It’s called ‘share’” Kikwang advance towards her, reaching out for the boxes, tiffany pretended to look confused and dodge out of his reach, still the boxes in her arms.

“No, I forgot it as soon as you finished lecturing about it” tiffany said, taking a big whiff from the chicken before dropping it down on the table.

“But it’s my money, you see” Kikwang couldn’t help the big smile on his face, hurting his jaw.

“But it’s my effort to order” tiffany said back, lifting the lid on the wicked wings. When he though her smile couldn’t get wider, it did.

“Why are you so excited about chicken? Doesn’t America have them in almost every corner?” Kikwang slipped out, wanting to kick himself for bringing up the past none of them want to reminisce about.

“Not if you practically live in the hospital” tiffany mumbled, eyes widened that she let it slipped but composed herself, Kikwang didn’t miss a word she said.

“Hospital? What was that about?” he asked, the light mood of the atmosphere got a little heavy.

“What? No, I said not when the KFC taste like crap” tiffany corrected herself; Kikwang raised an eyebrow at her excuse.

“And you expect me to believe that?” Kikwang asked.

“Yes, do you believe it?” wanting to drop the subject, Kikwang nodded his head before shaking it.

“I know, sorry. I got too much ear wax in my ears, couldn’t hear a thing” tiffany giggled before taking a big bite out of the wing.

Kikwang looked out the window to see the sky was filled with stars, since they are out of the city, the lights reduce, giving them a view almost like the one at Tiffany’s house 6 years ago.

“Hey, I know a better place to eat that” Kikwang pointed to the sky, tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t know about you but I don’t want to die” Kikwang laughed out loud. God I missed her, he thought to himself. Shaking his head, Kikwang reached over his head at the sky roof of the trailer, pulling it down, a foldable ladder dropped to the ground. Tiffany smiled again, gathering all the boxes in the bag it came in, tiffany hurl it over her shoulder and hurried up the ladders. Kikwang reached over to the couch and grabbed the thin blanket, knocked on the driver’s window to tell him to stop the trailer before following her up.

“Its so pretty” tiffany breathed, looking up at the starry sky. Kikwang spread the blanket on the roof and his phone, which gave off a light glow so they can see what they’re eating.

“Don’t you want your chicken?” Kikwang asked, grabbing one of the 4 popcorn chicken.

“Later” tiffany said absently, paying him no attention. Kikwang sigh, dropping the box in the bag and leaned down on the blanket, pulling tiffany after him.

At the same time, Kikwang and tiffany pointed towards the star that caught both their attention.

“Look! Its kwangfany”

“remember kwangfany?”

They turned to each other, with surprised written over both their faces.

“you still remember?” Kikwang asked quietly, looking at the stars.

“yeah, talked to it all the time...about my problems” tiffany replied just as quiet. Kikwang looked at her now; she was still looking at the stars before turning her head to look at him.

“that was the point of the star wasn't it?”

Kikwang didn’t say anything but reached for tiffany’s hand that laid by her side, twining it together.

She looked from the joint hands back to his face, a confused look on her face.

“I thought you hate me” she murmured, looking into his eyes.

“I never hated you” he said back, giving her hand a squeeze. “I just never realised I missed you until now”

“don’t just say that to fill the moment” tiffany whispered, her eyes turned glassy and her voice shook.

“I meant every word” Kikwang said, reaching over to wipe the tear that slipped across her face.

“I meant what I said every word, including the things I said on set yesterday” Kikwang added. Tiffany in a breath.

“everything?” she asked. Kikwang smiled at her. “every word”

“and I meant every word I said” tiffany confessed, her voice shaky as more tears slipped from the corner of her eyes, running across the bridge of her nose. Kikwang wiped that one off as well, his eyes also a little glassy and that stupid lump in his throat doesn't disappear.

“You want to know what my latest wish to the stars was.” Kikwang asked, moving closer to Tiffany, she scooted closer as well, never taking her eyes off him.

“what was it?” her voice was so soft he could barely hear it.

“That you would let me kiss you” Kikwang whispered, tiffany took in a shaky breath. Kikwang waited for any reaction from tiffany, when she said the words, his heart leaped to his throat.

“why don’t you make your wish come true?” she whispered, inching closer. Kikwang smiled at her, moving his face closer, his heart banged against his chest.

Tiffany’s eyes closed when she felt his breathe on her nose, taste it on her tongue. Kikwang’s eyes closed and he gently pressed his lips on hers.

==============================================================================================

FINALLY! they kissed. God, took Kikwang a while to realise what Tiff means to him doesn't it?

but, where did jessica go?

tell me what you think of the story so farrrr and subscribe !

super sorry about the late late update, theres alot going on right now. hang in there lovely readers