Jiyong and Jessica

Broken Promises

Tiffany and Kikwang was sitting on the couch, watching one of the many DVDs Kikwang had stash in the trailer. Since both of them like horror, so that's what they were watching, ‘final destination 5’.

“That’s so fake, look at the blood” Kikwang pointed out one part of the movie. Tiffany nodded her head and stuck a blue snake in .

“And I bet he's going to fall over and get stabbed by that thingy” Tiffany said in another part of the movie. As soon as she said it, it happened. Tiffany grinned.

“I'm a psychic” Kikwang laughed out loud, unknowingly moved his arm and rested it around her shoulder. Tiffany glanced at him from the corner of her eye and smiled when he pretended not to realise. Rolling her eyes, Tiffany snuggled up to him, resting her head on his chest and continues to watch the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The light was what woke Tiffany up. Final destination was still on since they forgot to turn it off. She smiled when she felt Kikwang’s arm still around her shoulder and the sound of his soft snores.

Gently, she got up from the sofa and turned off the TV. Looking out the window, she could only see trees and in the distance the sea. Tiffany jumped when her phone started to go off. Hurriedly, she rushed to find it so it doesn't wake Kikwang up. After ruffling through her bag, she grabbed it and pressed the answer button.

“Yeoboseyo” she said in a soft voice, walking down the trailer and into what looks like a bedroom.

“Where are you?” Jiyong’s voice came out as a shout.

“I'm safe, I'm fine” tiffany whispered.

“Why are you whispering?” Jiyong asked, Tiffany could see his frowning.

“Kikwang oppa is still sleeping” ok, saying it out loud made it sound worse than what she meant.

“What did you say?”

“No, I mean—” Tiffany tried to explain but Kikwang came from behind her and snatched the phone away from her.

“Oppa, don’t” Kikwang smiled at her once before bringing the phone to his ear.

“Tiffany is very busy right now, so if you don’t mind. I'm going to hang up” before Jiyong could say anything else, Kikwang hung up and handed the phone back to her.

“We’re nearly at the bridge. Get ready” at that, Kikwang went to the wardrobe and grab his clothes before heading for the bathroom.

Tiffany the TV and continue to watch the horror they watched last night, her mind drifted off to the kiss they had and that she have the old Kikwang back, the one she fell in love with. While in her thoughts, his cell phone starting to ring.

“Can you answer it for me?” Kikwang called out from the bathroom, his voice muffled by the closed door.

Looking at the screen, Jessica appeared. Tiffany hesitated, looking from the bathroom door to the phone several times before taking a deep breath and pressed the accept button.

“Yeoboseyo” tiffany answered in a deep voice, imitating Kikwang.

“Oppa? Are you sick?” Jessica’s voice came through the phone, the background noise almost over powered her voice.

“No” she said, keeping up the act.

“Oppa~ I cant believe you left me~~ you know how hard it was to rent a car~~ it broke down. Now I'm in the middle of nowhere while traffic zipped past. How can you do this to me~~” Jessica whined through the phone.

“Jessica, the line – I can’t – see you at Jeju” Tiffany said, breaking the words before hanging up in a hurry. Seconds later, Kikwang came out of the bathroom, his hair wet and a towel riding low around his waist.

“Who was that?” Kikwang asked, his voice muffled when he put a shirt over his head.

“Oppa, wear some pants before the towel slip” tiffany looked away, blushing madly.

“We don’t want history to repeat itself now do we?” Kikwang chuckled.

Kikwang, 15.  Tiffany, 13.

“Oppa! You’re going to use all the hot water!!” Tiffany banged her fist on the bathroom door. Kikwang had been in there for 20 minutes, his singing seeped through the door.

“Don’t you wish your girlfriend was hot like me

OPPA!” tiffany yelled, her chin shivering. They went for a swim in the afternoon, now, with the sun disappearing behind the clouds, the temperature dropped dramatically. Since Tiffany’s uncle won’t let them inside the house unless they’re dried and clean, they have to take a shower at the cubicle behind the house made for the pool.

“DON’T CHA!” he yelled through the door. An idea sparked, tiffany smiled as she rounded the corner to the toilet block.

“OPPA~ come out now before it’s too late~” tiffany called out.

“It was only just a dreammmm” tiffany pushed down on the flusher and enjoyed the yells and screams that came out of the shower.

“HOLY— ARH—MOTHER—TIFFANY!”

“yesss” she ran over to the shower door, smiling brightly when the door opened to reveal Kikwang with a towel around his waist but his chest and arms, face was a shade of angry red.

“I am going to kill you” he started to run towards her, tiffany gave a yelp before turning around quickly and dash towards the pool.

Tiffany stopped at the pool’s end. Kikwang inched closer to her, a menacing smile pasted on his face.

“I got you now” he came closer, but unknowingly, his towel got looser, slipping down his waist, barely hanging on.

A gush of wind appeared from nowhere, but that was all it took for Kikwang’s towel to slip off....revealing his...woohoo.

“OMG! OPPA!” tiffany’s eyes widened at the sight before covering her face with two hands. Kikwang swore as he bends down to pick up the towel when another wind came and blew it further. Tiffany sneaked a look to see if he was covered but saw his so she covered up her eyes again.

“Oppa! Cover yourself” tiffany said, feeling her face heat up in her hands.

“It keeps on flying away” Kikwang ran after his towel, his face also burning a dark shade of red.

“Kikwang! Stop being a nudist in front of my niece and throw something on” Uncle Bruce called out from his office window.

“Sorry sir!” Kikwang caught his towel and wrapped it securely around his waist.

“Ok tiffany, I'm covered” Kikwang called to her, tiffany lowered her hands slowly and breathe a sigh of relief. Shaking her head when the image was still in her mind.

“Nothing happened” Kikwang said before dashing over to the house, leaving tiffany smiling after him.

“Please, none of that” tiffany said as she flops down on the couch.

“So who was on the phone?” Kikwang asked while he struggled into his jeans. Tiffany looked away when she answered.

“Jessica” Kikwang froze, his zip halfway up.

“Why did she say you left her?” tiffany asked, looking back at Kikwang with an eyebrow rose.

“She wanted to come on the trip with us. I don’t want her to, so we stopped by the petrol station and she wanted to go buy some food......then...I left her?”

“Just like that? You left her?” tiffany asked, surprised. Didn’t they have a thing going on?

“Aren’t you and Jessica like...” tiffany trailed off, waiting for Kikwang to fill in the gap.

“You think— me and Jessica? Oh, no way. She is a nightmare”

“So why were you making out with her? For fun? Or was it to hurt me...” tiffany asked, the playfulness disappeared from her voice and just like that, the old tiffany was gone. The new, none smiling, dead toned tiffany was back.

*****************************

Kikwang’s eyes snapped open. He did not expect her to bring any of it up. They were having so much fun, laughing and relaxing, no tension. Like the old times, but times like those would disappear sooner or later, in this case, sooner.

“No, I was—I was” Kikwang ruffled his hair with his hand, frustrated with himself. He did want to hurt her. Did, past tense. But if he said that, his hope of getting back on her good side was next to nothing.

“You were what?” tiffany asked gently but her shoulders were tense.

Kikwang sigh when nothing came up in his mind and wanted to kick himself for not getting a good answer.

“Was it for fun...or to hurt me?”

“Tiffany” Kikwang moved closer, wanting to place his hand on her knee when she moved away, so he places his hand on the couch where her knee would be.

“I get it. I hurt you, you hurt me. Its fair” she said before giving him a smile he knew wasn't real like it was 15 minutes ago.

“No, I was wrong. Tiffany, I wasn't thinking straight. I was mad—”

“I understand, oppa. Its fine” tiffany said, interrupting him.

“No, it’s not fine. I hurt you. I was angry and confused.  But I'm not anymore, I was hurting before but now...I’m happy. I'm happy that you’re talking to me like the way you use to. I like to be able to put my arms around you and you won’t tense but relaxed into it. I like the feeling when I'm with you. Please, don’t make it difficult for both of us. I love you tiffany” Kikwang whispered out the last word, they were now less than an inch apart from each other. Kikwang took her hand in his and kissed away the tear on her cheek.

“Ok, I'm sorry...I love you too” tiffany said, smiling her old smile up at him. Kikwang returned her smile before bending his head, inching it closer to hers. He could feel her breath on hislips, their nose brushing but before he could press his lips on hers, the trailer went over a speed bump, causing them to crack heads.

“Ow” tiffany said before laughing. Kikwang placed a hand on his head before laughing with her.

“I think we’re here” Kikwang murmured before placing a quick kiss on her lips. Kikwang peaked out the window, other cars have gathered but Jessica’s was nowhere to be found. Tiffany mentioned that Jessica called earlier but he didn’t push for details, now he wishes he did. Cars were piling up the railing towards the cargo that will be taking them all to Jeju.

He could spot the director and editor outside, standing at the railing and ticking off cars and trailers on actors on his clipboard. Kikwang was about to pull out his phone to call and see where Jessica was when a knock came from the door. Tiffany stood up but Kikwang stopped her and went to the door himself. Having a hunch who it might be, Kikwang took one last look at tiffany before unlocking the door and opened it.

=================================================================================================

Who's at the door? Jiyong or Jessica?

So i guess Kikwang is back in Tiffany's heart...but how long would that last when Jessica comes back in the picture, not to mention Jiyong?

sorry for the late update guys, it's still the holidays and i just got back from singapore, but PROMISE updates will be regular starting from Febuary.

tell me what you think of the story so farr and subscribe<3