It's Not Over

Broken Promises

 

Kikwang felt numb. Utterly numb. Bruce’s eyes got teary after he told him what tiffany has and that she’s not going to survive it.
“Is there...is there...anything...” Kikwang whispered, Kikwang had to lean against the wall to keep himself up.
“No. The medicine she’s taking, it’s the only thing that's keeping her going but that's only temporary and it seems to me it wearing out”
“Are...huh...nose bleed one of the things that happens?” Kikwang asked. Bruce nodded and Kikwang wanted to kick himself. He saw her bleed on a couple on occasions and it was mainly from what he put her through. You might as well just speed up her death, a small voice in his head said.
“I need some air” Kikwang said, not waiting for Bruce to say anything, Kikwang threw open the door and ran out. He wasn’t looking at where he was going. People were calling after him but he didn’t stop for anyone. Kikwang raced to the elevator and pounded the button. When it didn’t open in time, Kikwang burst through the fire escape and ran. He could hear several footsteps after him, which only forced him to go faster. 
His legs burned and his forehead was dripping with sweat. When the stairs came to an end, Kikwang opened the door and ran out to the edge of the balcony. The lights from the city sparkled in front of his eyes. Kikwang let out a scream that burned his throat. It was a scream from rage, sadness, anger, grief. 
“Shes going to die” he said softly and hung his head before sliding down to sit on the concrete ground. His tears soaked into the fabric of his pants. 
“Hyung, she needs you, be strong for her” Dongwoon said, Kikwang looked up to see s looking down at him. All of them ran after him when he came out of the room with Bruce, sweat was making their forehead shiny from the light.
“I don’t think I can live without her” Kikwang whispered. Yoseob crouched next to him and got Kikwang to his feet slowly. Doojoon opened his arms silently and Kikwang went into them before letting the barrier open. 
“Hyung, shes going to die” he sobbed against Doojoon shoulder. Doojoon nodded his head and pulled Kikwang tighter. 
“Its going to be fine” he whispered. Kikwang didn’t believe it for a bit. It’s never going to be ok. Tiffany isn’t going to be with him. Shes going to leave him, she promised him shes not leaving him. She left him before and returned but if she leaves this time, Kikwang knows shes never coming back.
While he cried on Doojoon’s shoulder, other members came in and hugged him, forming a tight group hug. He couldn’t tell over his own crying voice but he think the members were crying with him. 
“We’re here for you” he heard someone say. Kikwang couldn’t say anything but nod.
****************************
When Kikwang came down from the roof, he had calmed himself down. Kikwang didn’t say anything to anyone when he sat down on the chair and waited for the doctor to come out. It has been 2 hours since tiffany went in and there was no sign of anyone coming out. 
Kikwang heard the door opened and he got to his feel in one movement. The doctor came out, looking miserable and Kikwang already know what the doctor was going to say.
“Shes not going to make it past tonight. Shes very weak...the machine we attached to her is basically the only life source she has” Kikwang stumbled a little but Yoseob caught him. She’s not going to make it.
“Can I...can I see her?” Kikwang croaked. The doctors looked at Bruce for instruction, when Bruce nodded, Kikwang practically ran in. Bruce was hot on his heels. 
Kikwang came to a standstill when he saw tiffany in a small room. The door was open, Kikwang walked in slowly, coming to a stop at the end of her bed. The room was small and plain, it stank bad of sanitisers. 
Tiffany had all sorts of cord going in and out of her, she has an oxygen cord sticking in her nose. Kikwang inched closer to her, as if sensing him, tiffany opened her eyes. Her skin was dull, there was no pinkness to it and it was dry as sandpaper, her lips were cracking and there were dark bags under her eyes, Kikwang couldn’t believe what he was seeing.
Kikwang grab hold of her hand absently, it was cold. Pulling a chair in, Kikwang sat next to her bed, resting his hand on her forehead. 
“Hey, how are you doing?” he whispered, his voice cracked. 
“Not so good” she whispered back, her voice was hoarse and dry. Her eyes were getting glassy as she looked at Bruce and Jiyong at the corner of the room, giving them some privacy.
“I can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry Uncle Bruce” she said.
“No, don’t be sorry. You are strong. I know you Tiffany. You can do this” Kikwang tried to encourage her but it seems like she already made up her mind. Tiffany shook her head ever so slightly.
“Oppa, pull the plug...it...hurts...too much” tiffany whispered, a tear leaked out from the corner of her eye. Kikwang wiped it away tenderly as he kissed her knuckles. 
“No, no. Tiffany, stay, don’t give into it. I need you” Kikwang muttered, he knows he’s being selfish for wanting her but at this point he doesn’t care. Shes going to live. 
“But...it hurts..So. Much...oppa...I can’t even...feel your hands...” tiffany said, crying freely now. Kikwang got up from the chair and sat himself at the edge of Tiffany’s bed, making sure he doesn’t sit on any wires.
“Don’t talk like that. We’re going to get through it” Kikwang whispered against her shoulder. His tears were soaking the fabric of her hospital gown. 
“I’m sorry” she whispered before taking a huge sigh, her entire body shook as she exhale.
“No, no. Don’t be. Come on. Be strong” Kikwang ran his hand over her face, continually wiping away the tears streaming down her face.
“I cant...it’s my time”
“No” Kikwang said strongly “you don’t even get to live half your life. You’re not going anywhere. I need you”
“I love you” it was barely a whisper, tiffany’s eyes started to drift close. Kikwang started to panic as he held her tighter.
“No, don’t say that as a goodbye. You’re going to stay with me” he murmured, he was breathing in shallow breath. 
“Jiyong oppa...pull the plug” tiffany turned her face towards the corner to Jiyong, who was looking at her with watery eyes.
“No. If you pull that plug, I’m going to kill you” Kikwang glare at Jiyong, he’s not ending her life. Shes going to live, she just needs more time.
“Oppa.....”Tiffany sighs again “please”
“No,no,no,no...You...you’re supposed to see me win awards and...and come up on stage to congratulate me...remember” Kikwang patted her cheek lightly when Tiffany’s eyes started to drift close and the machine started to make a funny noise before going back into its original pattern.
“I’m sorry...for...everything...”
“Tiffany...stay” Kikwang was running out of things to say to convince her...his heart was slowly...giving up.
“I can’t feel anything oppa...I’m cold” tiffany said...shivering in her spot.
“I think her nerves are completely cut off” Bruce murmured quietly to himself.
Kikwang adjusted the wires so it’s out of the way, then slowly, he climbed onto the bed, wrapping his arms around tiffany’s waist and tucked her head into the nape of his shoulder, shielding her away from the world.
“Here...warmer?” Kikwang asked, a tear slid down his nose. Kikwang wiped it away quickly then ran his hand over his face to clear his eyes. Kikwang cleared his throat before settling his head on top of tiffany’s. 
Tiffany nodded. “Sing to me oppa” she murmured. 
“What song do you want me to sing” he asked her.
“Wipe the tear” tiffany whispered.
Kikwang laughed softly despite himself. “You always make me sing that song. It’s the first song I sang to you”
“Yea...I...like it” Kikwang felt her smile.
“I’ll sing but keep your eyes open ok?” when he felt tiffany nod, Kikwang cleared his throat and start to sing. 
While he was singing, Kikwang looked at Jiyong and Bruce at the corner. Bruce was facing the wall, with his head down while Jiyong sat there, looking at tiffany with teary eyes but he didn’t move.
Kikwang felt tiffany’s skin had gotten colder, hurriedly, Kikwang pulled the blanket higher and pulled tiffany closer to him.
“O..p..p...a” she forced out.
“Yes” Kikwang murmured, pulling her out from the crock of his neck. Her eyes were watery and she was sobbing.
“I...love...you”
“Me too, I love you” Kikwang whispered as he kiss her lips. It was dry and hard, not soft like he remembers.
When they broke the kiss, tiffany gasp. Kikwang sat up, alert and ready to call the nurse.
“I see mum and dad...uncle Bruce...mum and dad” before Kikwang could register anything, Bruce was already at her side, holding onto her hand.
“Go to them darling, don’t forget to give them my regards” Bruce forced out. Jiyong had turned around at that time, his shoulder shook. Kikwang cleared his throat and swallowed the lump in his throat. 
“I love you Jiyong oppa” tiffany said, causing Jiyong to turn around.
“I love you too, tiffany” Jiyong’s reply was croaky. 
“Oppa, I don’t want to leave you but...I...cant...feel anything anymore” Kikwang nodded, if he say something, he’s going to cry and he don’t want that.
“Kiss me one more time oppa” tiffany whispered. Kikwang lowered himself and kissed her gently, feeling like if he pressed harder, shes going to break.
“I love you” she whispered. As soon as she said it, Bruce went over to the machine, his finger hovering over the button that would shut down the machine that keeps tiffany alive.
“I love you too. Always.” Kikwang whispered as he rested his head on the crock of her shoulder.
Tiffany looked over at Bruce, as if giving the ok. Bruce nodded and his finger pressed the button. Lights and noise from the machine stopped. Kikwang heard tiffany take her last breath before she let it out slowly then he heard nothing...
When he looked up from her neck, tiffany’s eyes were close and there was a hint of a smile at her lips. Kikwang couldn’t hold it in anymore, he cried on her shoulder, her lifeless shoulder...he heard the door close, when he looked up, Bruce and Jiyong was no longer in the room.
“I love you. I love you.” Kikwang repeated over and over as he kissed her cheek and her forehead. Sitting back down on the chair, Kikwang went to grab her hand when he felt something cold. Kikwang opened her hand and in a breath. During that time, she manages to get the promise rings from his pocket and held onto it without feeling it. 
Kikwang took the ring out from her hands...and found that tiffany’s chain was broken.
======================================================================================================
I Have a feeling everyone of you hate me right now  :((
PLEASE DON'T!! SHE WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO DIE!!
I was alittle depressed writing this and i was SAD too for killing off Tiffany 
2 more chapters guys and its over.
Don't forget to COMMENT! I'm curious about how you felt about tiffany
and DO let me know if you guys want another kwangfany ff or suggest another couple!!