Liar?

Broken Promises

 

“You’re my personal assistance” Kikwang smiled at her.

“Your what?” Tiffany asked him shakily, her hands sweating like crazy behind her back. She said she wanted to work in a place he works but not necessary work for him, being close to him.

“Assistance or do you have something to say about it?” Kikwang asked her, liking the sight of her being uneasy. Kikwang smirked her direction before leaning his elbow on one of the closest chair, cocking his head.

“Uh, no. Its fine. I just don’t know what to do” she said, having trouble looking into his eyes.

“Oh that's easy. Since I’m filming a drama, you just have to take care of my schedule and things like that...and oh! I almost forgot” Kikwang clicked his fingers, “you have to travel with me as well. Since you know, filming locations”

“T...travel?” Tiffany looked at him with wide eyes, travel was never on the contract and there's no way Jiyong is going to let her travel in the poor state she's in right now.

“Have a problem?” Kikwang asked her. Tiffany hated when he uses that cocky, fake over-cheerful voice.

“Well—” Tiffany started but was cut off when Kikwang waved his hand dismissingly at her.

“No? Ok good. Now, first job. Fetch me a coffee, black, and 2 teaspoon of sugar. No milk” Kikwang ordered her, before throwing himself on the sofa and grabbed his script.

Tiffany looked at him in bewilderment. This wasn’t the same Kikwang she knew, the one she used to know was considerate and kind. Not this arrogant, full of himself like the clone she's seeing in front of her.

When she wasn’t moving, Kikwang looked up at her with knitted brow, “while we’re young”; he waved her off with one hand, before turning back to his script.

Tiffany scoff softly to herself before turning her heels and headed for the door, making sure she slams it.

Before she could walk far, she heard Kikwang’s muffled voice through the door.

“If you can’t handle it, just give up! That’s what you do with most things”

Tears burnt the rim of Tiffany’s eyes; she couldn’t remember the last time she was feeling this frustrated. At this rate, she’s probably not going to last a week.

I'm going to prove you wrong. I'm not the sensitive girl that you use to know.Tiffany whispered softly, directing the quote towards the trailer.

The set was so busy. People were running around with boom mics and wires, getting ready for the day’s shooting. There were tents set up everywhere, each one for a different purpose.

Tiffany quickly scanned for the tents where they provide beverage for the staff and crew, which didn’t take her long, since it has a bright red roof, standing out from the plain grey and blacks.

The tent was almost empty, with only a few staff walking around getting what they need and heading out, but someone in particular caught her eyes. She was one of the most popular actresses at the moment, taking on many rolls in many channels. Almost every day of the week, she would appear in one show or two.

Jessica Jung sat in the corner of the tent, drinking her coffee while she reads her script. Trying to not interrupt her, Tiffany slowly walked over to the coffee table and grabbed a mug that has Kikwang’s name on it.

As she pulled the mugs out of the clustered pile, the others tumbled together, causing a small commotion.

Jessica sigh, feeling frustrated as she looked up to stare daggers at Tiffany, who gave her a sorry smile.

“Ya, new girl, can you keep it down? If you can’t even do that, then don’t bother continue working” Jessica said to her harshly. The smile dropped from Tiffany’s face, she bowed again before turning away.

That’s new, she usually all perky and full of aegyo, Tiffany thought to herself as she scoop in 2 spoon of coffee and sugar before following it with boiling water.

After she finished stirring it, tiffany dropped the spoon in the sink and turned around, holding the coffee in one hand and 2 bagels on a plate in the other hand.

Jessica came out of nowhere, bumping into Tiffany’s arm, that was holding the hot coffee.

“Ah” Tiffany gasp as the pain hit her. Her skin felt like it was on fire, dropping the bagels on the floor, she turned back around to see the sink occupied with Jessica, taking her time to wash her hand.

“Can you please hurry?” Tiffany asked her politely, holding onto her burning hand which was getting redder and redder by the minute.

Jessica looked over her shoulder only to smirked at Tiffany. “I can take as much time as I like” she said.

Tiffany held onto her hand, waving it around to stop the burning sensation but nothing was helping. As soon as Jessica finished, Tiffany rushed to the sink.

“Let me tell you something” Jessica said, her hand stopping Tiffany from reaching over to turn on the cool tap.

“Don’t you dare try anything funny with Kikwang” Jessica said, holding onto Tiffany’s burning hand tighter, earning a whimper from her.

“I like him and I'm going to do anything to get him” Jessica harshly whispered as her other hand roamed over to the hot tap. Tiffany tried to pull her hand away when her brain clicked together Jessica’s action and what she was about to do. Jessica tightened her grip as she the hot tap.

The water heated up as soon as the tap was , gush of hot water spread over Tiffany’s already red hand. With the extra heat, Tiffany bit her lips to suppress her to scream out in pain.

“Please...stop” she managed to say, her hand shaking from too much pain. Jessica smirk in satisfaction as she turned off the hot water and dropped Tiffany’s hand in roughly.

“Just so you know the scale you’re going against if you try anything funny...if you dare” Jessica threatened, before flicking her hair and strut out. Smiling at the staff as they walk pass.

Tiffany couldn’t contain her tears anymore. They rolled down her face involuntarily as she the cold tap, running her shaking hand under it for a full 10 minutes. Even after that, her hand was still red and shaking, also slightly swollen.

Sniffing, Tiffany cleared her eyes with the remaining tears and composed herself. It took her around 5 more minutes to make Kikwang another cup of coffee; this is only the first day. Tiffany thought to herself as she walked out of the tent.

*******************

Kikwang tried to distract himself from thinking about how Tiffany is going to find her way around by reading his script over and over but it was no use. It’s been 10 minutes and seriously, how long does it takes for one person to make a god damn coffee.

Kikwang pace up and down the bus, getting more and more worried as time passed. It’s now been 30 minutes since she left and there's still no sign of her.

Kikwang sigh in frustration.

“Why are you taking so long” he mumbled to himself, “I told you to make simple coffee not to pick the coffee beans”

10 more minutes went by and Kikwang had enough of waiting. As he walked up towards the front of the bus, he saw Tiffany holding a mug of coffee, heading his way.

In a hurry, Kikwang dived to the couch and hurriedly flipped open his script at the random page, pretending to read as he tried to breathe in a normal pace.

He heard the door open and not long after that, Tiffany walked in. There was no sign of emotion on her face whatsoever, not even the annoyed look she wore before and her nose was a tinge red.

While he was studying her face, Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“What?” Kikwang asked, forgetting his arrogant “ego”.

“Oppa, you reading the script upside down” Tiffany mentioned, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

Even if it was a small smile, it lifted Kikwang’s mood up involuntarily.

“Its good exercise for the eyes” he told her, lifting the script up and pretend to read some more words upside down.

“Araso, here’s your coffee” Tiffany said, placing the coffee on the table.

“What took you so long?” he asked her, looking irritated. “I wanted my coffee 35 minutes ago”

“Mianhe, oppa, I forgot the way back” Tiffany said, avoiding his eyes.

As soon as she did that, Kikwang knew right away something was up. She would always look away when she lies.

“Lair” Kikwang said, narrowing his eyes. Tiffany brought both her hands and clutch them behind her back, making it as natural as she could but Kikwang could tell she’s hiding something.

Getting up roughly, he took 2 big strides towards her. Taking her left arm roughly, he brought it towards him, revealing nothing. Furrowing his forehead, Kikwang reached for the other, this time, tiffany flinched away from his touch.

Bingo.

Kikwang tug on her arm roughly, earning a little yelp from Tiffany.

“Oppa, oppa, oppa. What are you doing?”She asked, trying to pull her hand away but Kikwang was stronger. He tug on it one more, bringing her hand around.

His eyes widened at her hand, it was swollen and red.

“What did you do?” he asked her, examining her hand. Tiffany tried to twist her hand away but with Kikwang’s iron hold, she didn’t budge.

“What happened?” he asked her in a low and dangerous voice. “Did someone did this to you?” he asked.

Tiffany shook her head vigorously, denying his accusation, but again, reading her like a book, he knew someone did this to her.

“Who?” he asked, pulling on her arm, shaking it a little for effect.

“I spilled hot water on myself when I was pouring you coffee. The jar was heavy so I slipped” Tiffany said.

“I don’t believe you” Kikwang said, before she could say anything else, he pulled her towards the couches. Pushing her onto one, he hurried over to his mini fridge and got out an ice pack.

Kikwang sat next to her, his heart beating twice as fast at the close distance between them.

“Here put this on, gently” he said to her, carefully placing the ice pack on her hand.

“Ah!” Tiffany yelled at the coldness and the pain it brought along. As reflex, Tiffany tried to pull her hand away but was stopped by Kikwang’s hand on her arm.

“Keep it there for awhile, the swell should go down soon” Kikwang said, bringing his face closer to examine her hand, unaware of Tiffany looking at him. She silently smiled to herself; this was the Kikwang she used to know and loved...no love.

“The red is reducing” Kikwang said in relief, when he looked up, their faces were inches apart. Kikwang was captured by her lips, her plump lips he use to kiss, the electric that shot through both of them when they do.

Unknowingly, Kikwang inched his face closer to her, still holding her hand. Tiffany slowly closed her eyes, knowing and wanting what was going to come next.

But the trance was broken when someone opened the door without knocking.

“Oppa! Filming starts—” Jessica stopped short when she saw what they were doing and what was about to happen, lucky she came in first. She didn’t suspect wrong, this Tiffany girl was really coming to steal Kikwang away from her. I guess you just never learn. She thought to herself as she pasted on a fake smile.

“Oppa, let's not get carried away with the assistance” Kikwang was still a little dazed at what just happened. He was about to kiss the girl he wanted to hate. Scolding himself, Kikwang got up from the couch without looking at Tiffany and walked over and placed his arm around Jessica’s shoulder.

“I bet you just poured the water on your hand on purpose to gain attention after all” Kikwang said to Tiffany with a coy smirk, ignoring the hurt in her eyes.

“Pathetic” Jessica chimed in. Kikwang laughed dryly, throwing Tiffany a look before he softly kiss Jessica on her jaw line.

“Did you say filming was going to start?” Kikwang asked her seductively. Jessica laughed cutely before nodding her head.

“Araso” Kikwang said into her ear before leading her out. Just before he close the door, Kikwang stuck his head in.

“Oh, and go buy me 2 serving of spaghetti for lunch. Don’t make it late this time” he smirked at her once more before closing the door.

*************

Tiffany’s heart just shattered into small little pieces. So the nice Kikwang was just a fluke of the moment, there's no such thing as the old Kikwang anymore. He's now just part of a lost memory. 

==============================================================================================================================

so, What do you think is going to happen next?

sorry for the late update, the last exam is over and done

hopefully, i'll be able to update more often. YAY

Comment on what you think of the story so far and Subscribe