Promise Ring

Broken Promises

 

Kikwang laid still on the bed, waiting for sleep to come but after 3 hrs of waiting, it’s pretty clear sleep isn’t coming to him anytime soon. His hand unknowingly roamed to his neck to where he kept her promise ring around a chain. He tried taking it off more times than he could count but every time it’s not around his neck, it felt empty and strange. It’s just a plain silver ring with both their names embedded on it with a love heart in-between. Kikwang had Tiffany’s ring while she has his. Catching himself running his thumb around the rim of the ring, Kikwang sigh in annoyance before dropping his hand.

I doubt she still have this, he thought to himself. Shaking away the thought and forgetting the ring completely, Kikwang closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep. When he woke up again, it was fifteen minutes later. Groaning, Kikwang kicked out his covers and walked out of Doojoon’s suite since Tiffany was sleeping in his room.

Jogging down the stairs, Kikwang headed towards the kitchen when he heard the TV from the theatre room still running. Poking his head in, he spotted Yoseob sleeping with his mouth open while his head rested in a painful and strange position. Kikwang shook his head while a small smile appeared on his lips. Carefully, Kikwang tip toed to Yoseob’s side, making as little noise as he can. Kikwang stretched Yoseob’s body out on the seat, and then he moved his head so it’s properly supported by a pillow before turning off the TV. Satisfied with himself, Kikwang let out a soft laugh before heading to the kitchen like he planned in the first place. When he got close enough, he spotted the light in the kitchen was already . Edging slowly to the door, Kikwang looked inside to find Tiffany’s head over the sink.

********************

Tiffany was still in shock when Kikwang told her she can’t leave, but what really surprised her was the sound of the lock. Sinking back down on the bed, Tiffany tried to make the best out of the horrible situation. At least I get to see him and talk to him again she thought to herself. At least he still remembers me.

He remembered you as the person who crushed his heart, a voice whispered inside Tiffany’s head. Wiping the pathetic tears that seem to be going on and on that night, Tiffany reached in under her top to find the familiar cool metal. Kikwang’s promise ring. She never quit wearing it. It’s been around her neck all the time, everyday. Occasionally, she would tuck it under whatever she’s wearing to keep Jiyong out of the loop. He knows she had a past lover in Korea, but that all the detail he got over 6 years. Tiffany brought the necklace out of her top and ran her finger over their names. Six years past and she could still remember the exact day and time he brought it for them.

Kikwang 17, Tiffany 15. 5 months before she left.

Tiffany was sitting on the bench, under the tree, looking out towards the lake they always goes to when they have free time. It was autumn so the colourful leaves were everywhere. Breathing in the fresh air, Tiffany leaned her head back to look at the sky but instead, she looked up at Kikwang’s smiling face.

“Oppa” tiffany smiled as Kikwang leaned down and rest his lips on her forehead.

“What are you doing out here all alone. I’ve look everywhere for you” Kikwang said gently as he came around and sat next to her, wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Tiffany let out a heavy sigh before resting her head on his chest.

“I got something for you” Kikwang stated, reaching to get something out of his back pocket. Tiffany pulled away and looked at him in confusion.

“What’s the occasion?” she asked

“Nothing. I just want to get my special someone something” he said airily, causing Tiffany to blush. Kikwang brought around a small jewellery box, the size of her palm (which wasn’t very big). Checking her reaction first, Kikwang slowly opened the box, revealing 2 pairs of sparkly new rings. Tiffany gasped from how beautiful it was. Sure it was plain, but that's exactly the way she likes her rings.

“Oppa...” tiffany whispered as she reached to touch the smaller one.

“Do you like it?” Kikwang asked proudly, the smile never leaving his face. Tiffany nodded enthusiastically as she slips the ring. It fitted perfectly.

“That’s not all” Kikwang said, placing the box on the bench, he pulled out the ring and show tiffany what was embedded on the insides of the ring.

                                                                Kikwang <3 Tiffany

“Aww...” Tiffany said in awe at how thoughtful he was. Reaching for his jean pocket, he brought out another box. Opening it, he took out 2 silver chains, holding at tiffany’s eye level. She smiled but was totally confused at what he was up to. Getting his ring out, Kikwang slip the chain through the ring, got up and went around the bench to stand behind her. Bringing the necklace over her head, he carefully secures it around her neck.

“Clever” tiffany said as she examined his handy work. Sitting back down, Kikwang did the same thing to her ring.

“Let me help you” tiffany said as she took the necklace from him and twirling her hand, motioning him to turn around. After securing his necklace, she gave him a pat on the back, signalling she's finished.

“Do you like it?” he asked her, tiffany nodded before inching closer to him. Wrapping her hands around his neck, she shyly pecks him on the lips. Kikwang was caught off guard when she wrapped her arms around his neck and was even more surprised when she kissed him. It was their first kiss. Finally, he thought to himself as he rested his hand on the back of her head, pulling her closer to deepen the kiss. Tiffany didn’t resist, instead moving closer. When they parted, tiffany looked away shyly.

“Aww, don’t be shy” Kikwang said playfully as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder, bringing her faces around.

“Is this a promise ring?” she asked him.

“If you want it to be. But what kind of promise?” he asked her as she moved closer and rested her head on his chest again.

“You won’t leave me like my parents” she said. Kikwang swallowed when she brought up the memory. It was horrible for both of them, but mainly her. Now she has no family, and he is the closest she got.

“I’ll always be here if you need me” he said, soothing her by running his hand up and down her arm.

Tiffany was brought back to reality when the door unlocked. Running as fast as she can, tiffany threw the door open, hoping to catch Kikwang by the door but as she opened the door, she saw Yoseob went around the corner. Closing the door, Tiffany climbed into bed, breathing in the comforting scent of Kikwang she missed so much and closed her eyes.

Tiffany woke up abruptly, checking the clock groggily; it was 2 in the morning. Looking around, trying to find what woke her up, the sound of the rumbling stomach echoed the silent room.

“Aigoo” tiffany mumbled as she placed both her hands on her stomach to quieten it down, not that it works. Getting up, she stumbled in the dark, searching for the door. Finding the door knob, Tiffany slipped out into the strange hallway. It was dark and eerie, stepping forward; she reached her hand out blindly when her hand rested on a rail. Smiling to herself, she followed the long railing which led her to the stairs. Going down slowly, tiffany found herself standing in the foyer. Aish, why is this house so big, she thought to herself. Taking her first left, she sighs in relief when she found the entrance to the kitchen. Flipping on the lights, Tiffany was surprised that a house full of guys could have such a big kitchen.

ModernWhiteKitchen.jpg

Tip toeing to the fridge, Tiffany stopped short when a red dot appeared on the white tile. Another dot appeared and another. Realization hit her when she reached up to her nose to feel wet moisture. Cursing silently, Tiffany rushed towards the sink and the water as she cleans her nose. No matter how much she wipes away, more kept coming, turing the sink dark pink. She froze when Kikwang's voice broke the silence.

“Tiffany?" 

 

subscribes and comments are welcome guys. it helps motivate me :D

i hope the story isn't a drag, i'll make the story longer next chapter so i can get into the fun stuff :P.