Finishing Hourglass

Broken Promises

 

Yoseob flicked through the TV channels randomly while he waits for his friend to come home. The neon light on the wall flickered 2.30 am. Kikwang had been a mess after he found out tiffany had moved on and is now getting married tomorrow. It’s been a week since he found out and since then, all he’s been doing is sleep and drink. Drink and sleep and throw it all up. The members had kept it from their manager, but Yoseob wasn’t sure when the secret could be out when Kikwang is stumbling around the place acting like an alcoholic. Yoseob knew Tiffany wasn’t good for him, since the first time he laid eyes on her at the night of the ceremony 8 months ago. 
Yoseob jumped at the sudden pounding of the door of their dorm. Getting up quickly, he opened the door to reveal Kikwang smiling up at him with the security guard holding him up.
“Thanks, I’ll take it from here” Yoseob said as he took Kikwang from the security guard before slamming the door. Kikwang stumbled and banged his shoulder into the corner. 
“OWWW, that hurtttt” he slurred as he hugged onto Yoseob and was breathing in his face. 
“Dude, how much have you been drinking?” Yoseob drop Kikwang on the couch before going to the kitchen without waiting for an answer. Yoseob came back with warm water and a wet cloth.
“Theyyy...kicked me outttt.....i was....start....ing....a fffiiigghhtttt” Kikwang smiled sloppily before his head rolled back against the couch.
“You are a mess right now man, Jesus. I would never thought Tiffany could do this to you” he muttered before sitting down next to Kikwang.
“Don’ttt talllkk abbouutt herrr thaaatt wayyyy” Kikwang hiccupped and for a split second, Yoseob thought he was going to throw up right there on their new couch. 
“whatever man. Get some sleep, we got a wedding to attend to” as soon as Yoseob finished the sentence, Kikwang started to cry. 
“i can’t believe she left me. I made one mistake. ONE mistake and she left me and is GETTING MARRIED....MARRIED.” Yoseob heaved a sigh before he Kikwang’s alcohol soaked t-shirt and threw it across the room.
“yea. Get yourself together. You weren’t this bad when she left you the first time” Yoseob grunted when Kikwang laid all his weight against Yoseob. Using all his strength, Yoseob pushed Kikwang over and started to wipe his chest; where there were visible stains from some red liquid which he has no doubt in his mind was alcohol.
“i loveeeee herrrrrrr.” Kikwang slurred once more before his head rolled and rested on the arm rest of the couch, knocked out from the alcohol. 
Yoseob shook his head before he started on cleaning his best friend. A door opened from one of the rooms and Dongwoon walked out, scratching his head as he headed towards the kitchen when he stopped suddenly and turned into the living room.
“what time did he come in this time?” Dongwoon asked as he padded over and grab another cloth and sat on the floor in front of Kikwang and started to wipe his face. 
“2.30” he said as he continue to clean Kikwang’s chest. Dongwoon shook his head but didn’t say anything. 
“is he going to the wedding tomorrow?” Dongwoon asked after awhile. 
“yeah, he said he would, but i don’t know how it’s going to end up though”
“but if something starts to go wrong, we take him home right away” 
“yeah, straight home” Yoseob looked at his friends pathetic state, how is he going to get over her this time.
****************************
Since she said yes, Jiyong had been treating her to the best. He took her out every night, made her breakfast in bed. Kiss her every now and then and he’s been smiling a whole lot. 
Tiffany laid in bed the night before her wedding day feeling....nothing. she doesn’t feel happy or sad or angry or irritated. She just felt...nothing. 
She doesn’t have the care for anything anymore. She faked smile her way through the week, laughs that doesn’t reach her eyes and held Jiyong hand while she doesn’t feel anything. 
Her hands had been losing its feeling every now and then too. A tear leaked out of her eye but she didn’t bother to wipe it away because she can’t feel both her hands. Her body is slowly shutting down and her hourglass is finally finishing. 
Tiffany rolled her head to the side to see her wedding dress looking back at her. she’s going to wear that dress and walk down the aisle to get married to the wrong man but now it’s too late. She doesn’t want to leave this world without making things right with Kikwang. Sure he had hurt her but she love him and no matter how much he hurts her, she would always love him and go back to him. 
“oppa...” tiffany whimpered as she cried openly. No one was in her hotel room so no one could hear her cries. 
“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you” her tears were streaming down and tiffany could do nothing but let it soak into the pillow on either side of her. 
Flashbacks of them rushed back at her. from the first meeting to the time he gave her the promise rings. Their first kiss, her birthdays, his birthdays. His first award and she ran up to him. The time he was there to comfort her when her parents died. He was always there, he had her back. Tiffany couldn’t stop crying, she was hiccupping now. She had hurt him. She left him without a word, leaving him worried. 
“oppa, I’m so sorry”
**************************************
Kikwang put his arms through his best suit, fixed his tie and adjusted his hair. Today was the day he dreaded. The day his girl is going to be someone else’s. His head was clear when he woke up this morning. He took a long shower and calmed himself before he got dressed. Today, i am going to happy for her. I’m going to smile and clap and keep the hurt to myself. I’m going to be strong for her, anyway i can. He kept repeating in his head. 
Tiffany sat at the vanity table; makeup artist was putting various makeup on her while tiffany kept still. Her hair was done up in pretty waves embedded with pears. She adjusted her dress, twirling around with a fake smile on her face. Today, i am going to pretend to be happy. I’m going to smile as i say i do and keep the hurt to myself. I’m going to be strong and show him i can go on, he don’t have to worry about me anymore. She kept repeating in her head. 
Kikwang walked out and was joined s who looked sharp in their suits. They were smiling at him but he knew how they tried to hide their sympathy for him.
“shall we go? Don’t want to be late now do we?” Kikwang said as he headed for the van. It was quiet; no one talked on their way to the church. Kikwang looked out the window and played absently with tiffany’s promise ring she threw at him at night. 
It seemed too soon but the van stopped in front of the church where many people stood around, talking to each other while others head inside. Kikwang could see Bruce, standing there while he talked to guess with a huge smile on his face. He must be so proud of tiffany right at that moment. Yoseob nudged Kikwang back to reality when he was the only one left in the van.
“Bro, its time” Kikwang nodded and swallowed a big lump in his throat before he walked out of the van. The 5 handsomely dressed guys drew attention from many people, especially teenage girls who knew who they are but luckily has the courtesy to not come up to them screaming and taking pictures. 
Bruce smile faded a little but he picked it back up when they walked towards him.
“nice of you to come, boy” Bruce clapped Kikwang on the shoulder and gave acknowledging looks to the rest of the members. 
“i couldn’t miss it” Kikwang said in his “happy” voice.
“i hope this isn’t too much for you” Bruce said, his eyes filled with pity and sympathy. 
“no, not at all. She made her decision. I respected that” Kikwang gave Bruce an assuring smile. Bruce smiled back at him before leading them into the church.
It was beautiful; the colour scheme was pastel pink, green and cream. Tiffany’s favourite colours, her favourite flower filled the room, lighting up the scenery even more. The sweet aroma filled the room. Kikwang can’t help but take a deep breath, breathing it in. It smelled almost like Tiffany. The lump in his throat starting up again, Kikwang swallowed it down painfully. 
“it’s beautiful” Kikwang pointed it out. Bruce nodded and smiled.
“tiffany wanted to do it. It’s the only thing she’s willing to do” Bruce smiled softly before stopping at the front seats.
“here you go. The ceremony is about to start, sit tight” Bruce patted Kikwang on the shoulder before he went to take to other guess. Kikwang took a seat at the edge of the first row, right next to the aisle while Yoseob sat on his left and the rest of the members sat behind them.
“you alright man?” Yoseob murmured, Kikwang nodded as he swallowed again. 
Once the guess filled the room, the ceremony began. Jiyong walked in with 4 other male Kikwang don’t know. The tallest, Kikwang suppose was the best man. The broodiness made him look like he could kill with his glare. A guy with a maw hawk was next, he seem to be the shortest of them all, the next guy was blonde and the last guy has a kickass ear piercing and he was checking out every girl in the room. 
Jiyong’s eyes landed on Kikwang and he gave a small nod. Kikwang returned it before averting his eyes. the church bell sounded ,everyone went silent as they turned to the back. The double doors opened.
Kikwang gasp at how beautiful tiffany looked in her wedding dress. She was holding her favourite flowers in hand and walked down the aisle with such grace, Kikwang couldn’t take his eyes off her. flower girls trailed behind her, throwing petals all around them. Tiffany smiled brightly, looking from guest to guest. Her eyes sparkled as she scanned the room before her eyes rested on Jiyong. 
Kikwang felt an invisible kick in the gut when Tiffany’s smile grew bigger at the sight of Jiyong. He returned her smile. Tiffany’s eyes then rested on Kikwang and it wobbled a little, but she picked the smile right back up. 
When she reached the alter, she gave her flowers to the flower girl and took Jiyong hands in hers. Kikwang felt another kick in the stomach but willed himself to look at the wedding ceremony. 
They smiled at each other while the priest read out the things he’s suppose to read, Kikwang wasn’t paying attention. Tiffany was smiling and got a little teary while she held hands with Jiyong but Kikwang has a feeling that the teary eyes were for another reason all together. 
The priest started to get to the important part of the wedding.
“Kwon Jiyong, Do you take Hwang Tiffany as your wife, to have and to hold for the rest of rest of your life?” 
“i do”
“Hwang Tiffany, Do you take Kwon Jiyong as your husband, to have and to hold for the remaining of your life?”
“i do”
There were already applause, Kikwang forced himself to smile and clap his hands. He could feel someone’s hand on his shoulder, squeezing it softly. 
“can i have the rings?” the priest said. The tallest guy came forward with the rings. Tiffany and Jiyong took it from him. 
Jiyong took Tiffany’s hand in his and carefully, slip the wedding ring in Tiffany’s finger. He smiled up at her and tiffany returned the smile as tears started to pool in her eyes. Kikwang felt like crying as well, but he has a feeling it’s not for the same reason.
When the ring went in, Tiffany reached for Jiyong’s hand when everything came in slow motion. Tiffany started to stumble backwards, the ring dropped to the tile. An echo rang through the church. Kikwang found himself getting up and reaching for her. Jiyong looked at her with wild eyes as he held his hand out to catch her but it was just out of reach. 
Tiffany fell backwards but Kikwang was there to break her fall. They fell to the ground with a thud. Kikwang could see Jiyong coming at them and Bruce racing from his seat, the crowd was getting louder. From the corner of his eyes, Kikwang could see s looking at each other with worried eyes. 
Kikwang turned back to Tiffany in his lap and got the fright of his life when saw blood coming out from basically everywhere. Her nose, , her ears, its almost like her insides exploded blood and it has to find its way out. 
she was barely conscious, her eyes were looking around wildly without actually seeing. 
“Tiff, Tiffany” Kikwang patted her face to get her attention.
“opp—” her words were cut off when she suddenly out. For some reason, a small part of him was pretty much thinking, it’s over.
================================================================================================================================
only a couple of chapters left. :(
The end is near.....
Thanks for sticking with me guys, those who read every chapter and commented and subscribe <3 thank to you silent readers too <3
tell me what you think of the story so farr and subscribe!