Death

Broken Promises

 

“Hyung! Wake up!” Dongwoon shook Kikwang for the nth time that morning. He tried everything, sitting on his chest (only to be thrown off), bounced on the bed (only to be kicked off), and squeezing his nose (only to be slapped in the face).

“Go away” Kikwang mumbled as he covered the pillow over his face. He didn’t get home until 1 in the morning. He looked for Tiffany everywhere in the hospital, but in the end, he had to leave because the hospital didn’t want unknown personal to roam around. He lay in his bed for 4 hours, thinking about the possibilities that tiffany could be sick and how serious it was. He also thought about the hand touch with the person he donated his blood to. 60% of his intuition said its Tiffany but that annoying 40% kept him up, bugging him that it wasn’t and he’s just being paranoid. He didn’t want to think about how serious she might be, he tried not to care about her altogether...but that annoying part of his brain kept bringing him back to the thought. By the time he fell asleep, it was already 5 in the morning.

“Hyung, we have a photo shoot. You have to get up” Dongwoon said breathlessly, with one last push, he gave up in defeat and went into the bathroom to touch up his now sweaty face.

“Why isn’t he up yet?” Junhyung demanded, looking at Kikwang angrily. They didn’t want to be late for the 3rd time this week, not to mention the other times was all Kikwang’s fault.

“I tried...Hyung I tried” Dongwoon mumbled, wiping the remaining sweat from his face.

“We are going to be LATE!” Doojoon yelled from the hallway, putting on his shoes.

“Kikwang won’t get up” Hyunseung yelled back in reply.

“AISH, this boy. Leave him, let the manager deal with him” Doojoon said at last. “Let’s go”

“Hyung, I’ll stay back. I'll bring him around later. Since our shoot is after yours” Yoseob suggested, looking at Doojoon with a *please understand* face.

Doojoon sigh deeply before nodding his head. “ Get him out by 9, I’ll cover for you”

Yoseob smiled at him gratefully. “Thanks Hyung. I owe you one”

“Don’t mention it” Doojoon said with a smile before calling the rest of group to get out the door.

When the dorm was emptied, it became eerily quiet. Without all the commotion, it was so quiet that Yoseob could hear the clock ticking, the water dripping from one of the taps, the hum of the fridge.

“Ya, get up” Yoseob said quietly as he kicked Kikwang on the side softly. Kikwang groaned some more before shifting to a sitting position.

“What?” he asked groggily, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand  before using the same hand to ruffle his messy hair.

“ We got a schedule today” Yoseob told him with the same calm tone, looking at Kikwang with a little worry in his eyes.

“I'm so tired, I just slept an hour ago” Kikwang mumbled as he rested his head on the headboard, adjusting his eyes to the brightness of the room.

Yoseob’s eyes widened at the statement. “Why did you just sleep?”

“You know at dinner, I saw Tiffany—” Kikwang started but was cut off.

“That chick again, dude, she’s trouble” Yoseob stressed.

“Wait, listen. I saw her at the restaurant, then she was swaying in her seat and she was pale like paper. She passed out man” he said, Yoseob’s eyes widened once more.

“Then that guy that came with her, Jiyong. He rushed her out of the restaurant. I followed. I didn’t get to see her through, but there was fan girls are the hospital at 10 at night”

“Why the hell are they doing there at night?” Yoseob asked out loud to on one in particular.

“Exactly, but they were up in my face . Then the announcement went up for blood donation, so to get away and clear my image, I donated some blood” Kikwang said airily, like it was no big deal.

“Dude, you donate blood? Without permission?” Yoseob asked, a little shocked.

Yes, but that's not the point. The point is that the person I donated blood too might be Tiffany” Kikwang concluded.

“How would you know?” Yoseob asked him doubtfully.

“Because when I was donating the blood, that frigging Jiyong was looking at me all weird, like he wanted to be in my position” Kikwang explained.

“It might be...why didn’t you ask who you were donating the blood to?”

“It’s apparently confidential”

“It could be her...but right now, we need to get you ready to go” Yoseob said, dragging Kikwang by the arm to get him completely off the bed and pushed him into the bathroom.

“Make it quick, we got no time” Yoseob yelled through the door, but his voice was drowned out by the sound of water running.

********************************************

“How are we feeling?” Jiyong asked Tiffany softly while he cleared some of her face out of her face.

“I'm better, can I go home today?” Tiffany asked, feeling a little uncomfortable with the closeness between their faces.

“Ok, let me get the doctors, wait here araso?”

Tiffany smiled lightly at him and nodded her head. He gave her a brief smile before exiting the room to find the doctor.

Sighing for no reason, Tiffany rested her head on the headrest and watched as her heart monitor beep steadily. Most of the life support machines were taken away in the early hours of the morning, seeing her rapid improvement; she only had her pulse count and the last blood bag on her body. She never liked hospitals, she rarely visit but that was before she was diagnosed. The only time she came to the hospital before her diagnosis was to identify her parents. That was one of the hardest things she had ever done in her life. A tear escape her eye when the memory suddenly rushed back.

Kikwang 14, Tiffany 12. (Before Kikwang’s mum died)

The two were swinging on the hammock at Tiffany’s house, looking up at the stars as they waited for Tiffany’s parents to get back from a conference. Kikwang volunteered to stay with Tiffany while her parents were away. He took care of her to his 14 years old ability, he cooked his famous (her favourite) Kimchi fried rice, easy on the chilli and ordered in black bean noodles. After dinner, he helped her with homework and cleaned the dishes while she took a shower. After all the chores were done for the day, he brought her outside and they laid back on her big hammock in her big backyard (Tiffany is rich because of her uncle’s business that her dad help as assistant CEO) and watched as stars starts to appear in the dark sky.

“You know what that one is?” Kikwang pointed at the one next to the brightest star in the sky.

“No, what is it?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“I don’t know either” Kikwang answered, laughing a little at his own answer. Tiffany couldn’t help herself but laugh along.

“But now when I think of it, it could be called the “Kwangfany”” Kikwang said.

Tiffany looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “Kwangfany? Can you be more cliché?”

“No,” he sigh “Not in that way, as in forever lasting friendship” Kikwang explained, Tiffany smiled up at the star next to Venus.

“That’s a good meaning and easy to spot too” she said.

“And when we have problems or troubles, at night, we could look up to the star and make a wish. That way, the other one of us would get the message and help the other out” Kikwang explained to her.

“That’s not going to work” she said doubtfully.

“It’s all about belief. If you believe it, who knows what faith can do” Kikwang said.

“Ok, let's make a wish together” she suggested, Kikwang nodded and closed his eyes. Just as they were about to make a wish, the backdoor busted open. Tiffany screamed in surprised while Kikwang placed an arm over her chest protectively.

“Appa, what are you doing here?” Kikwang asked warily. His dad looked at him with a pained expression.

“What’s going on?” Kikwang asked, feeling the tension in the air.

“We need to go to the hospital” his dad said quietly as he looked at tiffany behind Kikwang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kikwang held on to Tiffany’s hand the whole time, squeezing it a few to reassure her that he's there. The hospital was eerie at night and was dead silence. All that was making noise was their hurried footsteps behind Kikwang’s parents and the doctor.

“What’s happening oppa?” Tiffany asked in a small voice, sticking close to Kikwang as possible.

“I don’t know, but things are going to be fine” he assured her, giving her a forced smile.

Then they came to a sudden stop in front of a door. Kikwang’s mum shoulders shook as she tried to keep her sobs in, so she won’t scare the poor Tiffany.  

“Who is relative?” the doctor asked.

“She’s too young to see this, we are friends with the couple, let us” Kikwang’s mum answered while her husband sooth her back.

“I'm sorry, only family” was all the doctor said.

“But she's too young for god sake” his dad spoke up. The doctor shook his head once.

“Then can I go with her?” Kikwang spoke up, earning all three adults attention.

“At least let him, he’s the closest thing she has” his mum said. The doctor sighs before nodding his head. Kikwang took a deep breath before leading Tiffany into the room, holding onto her hand tightly.

The room was freezing, and there was nothing there but metal draws on the walls. That was when it hit him. A morgue.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbnid=fGapETvocdGeTM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/15/woman-wakes-up-in-morgue-after-being-declared-dead-by-doctor-115875-21443254/&docid=ciNK6NgEpjBH_M&imgurl=http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jun2009/3/4/morgue-pic-rex-912685637.jpg&w=450&h=326&ei=OmK_To-2IOesiAf544XxBA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=433&sig=115498611835347127580&page=2&tbnh=138&tbnw=184&start=16&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:16&tx=47&ty=54

[A/N] I added a link instead because some readers might be upset by the image

His eyes started to get watery but he quickly blinked it away and tried to swallow the lump in his throat. I have to be strong for her, he thought as he pulled her closer.

“This is going to be very confronting, but we need your best co-operation” the doctor addressed the confused Tiffany but she nodded anyway.

The doctor opened 2 draws that were next to each other slowly, revealing 2 sheets with human shapes under them. That was when it seems to hit Tiffany. Kikwang could feel her hand shaking and her breathing becoming more and shallower.

“Let me look at it, she’s going to be traumatise if you let her see this.” Kikwang said to the doctor sternly. Ignoring the massive age difference.

“All I need to know is confirmation” he said, looking a little sympathetic towards Tiffany.

Kikwang took a step forward the draws, he was about to let go of Tiffany’s hand so she won’t have to see but she followed him. He looked down at her, only to see her eyes already wet with tears.

“we’ll make it quick” he told her quietly, letting go of her hand only to move it around her shoulders as he held her tight.

“Ready” the doctor told them. Kikwang nodded for them both. When the sheets came off, that was when Tiffany lost it. A bloodcurdling scream echoed the walls, Kikwang’s eyes widened at the horrific scene but he kept his emotion hidden as he turned Tiffany away from the scene and hugged her tightly to his chest, feeling the tears soaking his shirt in seconds.

“ Is it them?” the doctor asked. Kikwang couldn’t even identify them at all. All he could see was blood and flesh. Their faces were completely messed up, the nice clothes they wore earlier that night was all bloody. Kikwang’s eyes landed on the necklace he saw Tiffany’s mum wore earlier. His eyes started to get watery as he gave one solid nod.

The doctor nodded sadly back before covering up the bodies again. Tiffany’s whole body shook violently as she hugged Kikwang tighter. He tried soothing her by running his hand down her back but for once, it wasn’t working.

“What happened?” Kikwang asked, his voice almost inaudible.

“They were hit by a truck at an intersection, the truck driver was drunk. The car did some flips before sparking alight” the doctor said, before he could continue, Kikwang shook his head as he felt tiffany shook her head against his chest.

“We’ll be going now” he said to the doctor before nodding his head, the doctor nod back before opening the door for them.     

“Is it them?” his mum asked when they walked out. Kikwang nodded his head, a tear escaping his eyes.

“Tiffany darling, don’t cry” his mum tried to comfort her, prying her off Kikwang but she held onto him tighter, still crying hard.

“It’s ok, mum.” He said, before leading her awkwardly to the seats.

“It’s not true, that’s not them. That's someone else. Oppa, tell them, tell them my parents are at a conference” Tiffany begged him, shaking him with the little strength she has left.

“Mianhe, Tiff.” Was all he could manage to say. This made her cry harder, more tears leaked out of Kikwang’s eyes. It wasn’t really because of her parents’ death, but more of the pain he’s seeing her go through, it hurts him too.

“Everything is going to be ok. I promise” Kikwang said as he rested his head onto hers.

Tiffany was brought back to reality when Jiyong walked in, a little alarmed seeing her tears.

“Tiffany, kanchana?” he asked her.

She nodded her head before wiping her tears away.

“What did the doctors say?” she asked him. He beamed at her as he delivered her news.

“They say you are good to go” he said. She smiled at him in relief.

“I wonder what made you so strong all of a sudden” Jiyong wondered aloud as he packed up the pillow and grabbed her casual clothes.

It’s because I have Kikwang oppa’s blood in me, she answered him silently. 

=============================================================================================================

I can't really say i enjoyed writing this scene, but it's gotta happen and you guys deserve to know what happen to Tiffany's Parents.

Turns out I have my test NEXT week so i might update once or twice this week. 

What do you guys think of this chapter? I promise these kind of chapters don't happen often, makes me so depress writing it.

Comment on what you think so farr and Subscribe <3