Confession

Broken Promises

 

When tiffany came back into consciousness, her arms started to ache from all the dishes and cleaning up she did at Kikwang’s house. Oh! Kikwang’s house!

Tiffany sat up suddenly, almost strangling herself with the oxygen mask.

“Calm down there” Jiyong laughed at her softly from the side of her bed.

“Oppa” she said in surprised. The last thing she remembered as cleaning Kikwang’s house...

“You passed out. I think you bet the record of coming into the hospital in a critical condition twice in one week” Jiyong looked down at her with a grim expression.

“I almost lost you again this week; I hope I don’t have to go through that again in four days”

“Oppa, I'm sorry” Tiffany said, not meeting his eyes. “I was on my way to get medication from that pharmacy when I ran into Kikwang oppa” and he dragged me to his house to clean his kitchen.

“I don’t care, just don’t ever see that son of a ever again” Jiyong said in anger.

“Oppa!” tiffany scolded him through her oxygen mask.

“Tiff, he bought you in here bleeding and unconscious. Next time, who knows! He could bring you back dead!” as soon as he said it, a crack echo through the room.

Tiffany in a breath in surprised. This was her second time slapping someone without actually meaning it. This has to stop, she thought to herself when Jiyong’s left cheek started to reddened.

“Don’t talk about Kikwang like that”

“I can’t believe you are defending him” jiyong said in a small voice.

“Oppa” tiffany reached for his hand but he moved it away. That, to tiffany hurts more than a slap in the face.

“Get some sleep, I got to go take care of some things” Jiyong got up and out the door before Tiffany could say anything else.

***************************

5 days later.

“Kikwang! Let's do that take again!” the director called out from one of the tents, sweat running down his face.

The weather was scorching and everyone was in a bad mood. Kikwang swore once before nodding his head. One of the makeup artists came up to him and started patting away sweat that formed at his forehead. All he wanted to do was bat the hands away and tell them to off.

“Oppa~, why are you in such a bad mood?” Jessica came up to him from the actress tent and handed him cold water.

Giving her his best smile, Kikwang took the water and drained half the bottle in 3 swallow.

“Thanks” Kikwang handed her the water.

“Can’t wait for our scene” she sang as she bounced away in the boiling weather. Kikwang found himself smile after her before catching himself. Why are you smiling?

Let’s start again” the director called out and they had to do the scene 3 times before they got it right.

“Can someone get me water?” Kikwang asked one of the makeup artists that were touching up his make up in the makeup tent.

“Water! Water here please!” one of them called out. In no time, a water bottle was handed to him. Kikwang looked up to thank the person when he froze on the spot.

Tiffany stood in front of him, looking worse than the last time he remembered her. She has dark purple rings under her eyes and her skin looked a tint blue? Her lips were dry and chapped.

“Why did you come to work in this state?” he asked her, worry was clear in his voice but she seems to miss that and flinched.

“It’s my job” she stated and pushed the water into his hand.

“What do you have?”

Tiffany hesitates a little and looked away, almost like buying time before answering him.

“Dehydration and lack of zinc”

Kikwang just nodded because he knew full well that it wasn't what she had, she should’ve known better than to lie to someone who knows her inside and out. She always plays with her fingers and bites the corner of her lips when she lies. Even though she didn’t bite her lips this time, he didn’t miss the slight movement of her fingers.

“ok, don’t work too hard” Kikwang wanted to push on and say more, ask why she lied but that would show that he cares, so he just opened his drink and kept his eyes on the mirror.

“5 minutes” Tiffany said when someone spoke to her through the walkie talkie. The makeup artist nodded.

“WHERE DID JESSICA GO! WE NEED TO WRAP THIS UP BEFORE SUNDOWN!” the director yelled, face going red, spit flying all directions.

“She’s missing” many murmurs went around the site, looking for her.

“We don’t have time” the director growl, looking around then an idea struck him.

“You!” he pointed towards Tiffany.

“Me?” she asked, shocked and wide eyed.

“Yeah, I’m going to have to get you to get one of Jessica’s wigs and fill in for her” at that, tiffany shook her head. Kikwang was also in a small state of shock, out of all the scenes, why this scene.

“I don’t think she can do this. She has no experience” Kikwang came over to talk it over with the director. There's no way he’s doing this scene with her.

“We have no choice. We’ll just dub in Jessica’s voice and her shots late, but now we GOT to film something” the director said. Kikwang shook his head in defeat and walked over to one of the tents to rest and read over the lines before it’s time.

“Now you go let the makeup artist to dress you up and get you ready” Kikwang heard the director said to tiffany before he went on with other things.

Kikwang read over the lines twice, the lines in front of him was exactly what he wanted to say to Tiffany. He just have to keep his expression natural and be professional...this is going to be harder than I thought.

*********************************

“Now just remember to talk softly and keep your face hidden from the camera.” The assistant director told her.

“You’re only a prop to Kikwang, we’ll put Jessica in when we edit” Tiffany didn’t say anything but nod as the assistant told her what to do. When she read over the lines, she knew right away this wasn't a scene they should do, it’s too similar, almost the same to their situation.

“Ok, let’s do it” the director called out. Tiffany took a deep breath, fixed her hair a little and walked out.

Kikwang was waiting for her at the end of the hill of the park they were filming at. His hands in his pocket and head down, mumbling to himself.

“Everyone! Get into positions” the director called out again.

When everyone got into position and tiffany finally reach her designated spot, the director called out ACTION!

Kikwang put on a face, filled with worry as he pace back and forth, looking at the ground.

The script writer waved Tiffany into the shot, taking her queue she walks in.

“Oppa” she said quietly, knowing her voice would be subbed out by Jessica’s.

Kikwang looked over at her, his expression changed into anger, just like the time he saw her at the award’s night.

“Where have you been?” he marched over, eyes boring into hers. It looked so real, at that moment, all the cameras disappeared and she could only see Kikwang as he is not some character he’s playing.

“I...was...—” he cut her off.

“You know, I thought you won’t come, thought you would leave me like you did 7 years ago” he said with so much pain in his voice.

“I...I’m sorry” she said, keeping her head down like what it said in the script.

“Don’t say you are sorry! Look at me” Kikwang march forward and tilt up her chin forcefully, applying a little too much pressure. For one moment, she wasn't even sure it was in the script.

“Oppa, you’re hurting me” Tiffany bit out, meaning it. His hold on her was painful.

“No, YOU hurt me; now tell me where you have been for the past 7 YEARS!” Kikwang said, the rim of his eyes were red and his other hand that wasn't holding her was made into a fist, shaking slightly.

“I can’t tell you!” she said, bringing her own hand to ‘try’ to pry off his hand on her chin.

“You will tell me, I deserve to know” Kikwang said, his voice dropping low.

“Director, some of this isn’t in the script” the writer whispered into the director’s ear.

“Let them, this looks good, real.” The director said, smiling to himself.

“Oppa, oppa, let go” Tiffany’s voice shook as she tried to get his hand away.

“Why can’t you tell me where you’ve been? You know how worried I was? Not knowing where you’ve been, not able to contact you? To think you might be dead in some drain?” his voice shook, Tiffany could see unshed tears started to form in his eyes.

“Oppa, I really can’t tell you. It kills me for you not to know” tiffany whispered, her tears blurring her vision.

“Director, this isn’t in the script” the writer said again.

“SHUSH! This is gold, let them, the plot is close enough” the director said, batting away the script the writer brought to his face.

“Then tell me, we’ll work it out, I’ll help you through it. I always do” Kikwang said, the tone of his voice softened as he brought his hand down from her chin and rest them on her shoulder, rubbing it slightly. God help her but all the feelings tiffany felt at that moment was real, she really thought Kikwang was saying all those things to her, actually comforting her like what the old Kikwang would do. At that moment, she was really tempted to tell him what she has and that he would help her get through it, not making it hard for her.

“Oppa, I can’t” she said before dropping it to a whisper, “I really can’t”

“Why! What is it that’s stopping you” his voice took a harsher tone as his hold got tighter.

“Oppa—”

“Tell me, I’ll help you, we’ll get through it, and I’ll take care of you, whatever it takes” he said, shaking her a little, not hard though, tears threatening to spill over his eyes.

“oppa, please” tiffany said, tears finally spilled over her eyes, but luckily her back was to the camera so on one saw apart from Kikwang.

“I still love you, god, after all these years, I still LOVE you” as soon as he said those words, tiffany felt her heart stop beating. She totally forgot he was acting and took it all in. It sounded SO real, too real.  At that point, she was willing to tell him her problems because she knows he would help her though it.

“Oppa, I love you too. Always” she whispered back. Kikwang smiled down at her, before wiping her tears away.

“oppa, I have—” she was cut off however and brought back to reality, all the cameras and crew came back into her vision.

“I’m so sorry! My car broke down after coming back from lunch!” Jessica ran over to the tent, disturbing everyone. The director cursed at her silently for ruining the mood and wiped a small tear from the corner of his eye. as he looked around, many were in some sort of faze, some sniffing or just mesmerised, his writer was in tears herself, sniffing away and cursed silently.

“Well that blows” the director murmured before yelling cut.

**********************

Kikwang totally lost it. Everyone disappeared and only tiffany was in front of him. He left as if this was the moment to ask her and confess to her, to tell her that everything was going to be ok and that he would support her.

He didn’t even regret confessing to her, telling her he love her. He was surprised himself when he told her. He was so busy convincing himself that he hates her and he has forgotten about her that he ignored that part of him that yearns for her every day. But what surprised him was that she actually said it back, he wasn't really sure if it was true or it was said to fill the mood but his guts says it real and most the time, his gut is right.

When she was about to tell him why she left, Jessica came prancing down, breaking the mood. Kikwang swore inwardly and removed his hands off her shoulder, blinked a few times to clear his tears, hid all his expression and flashed her the smile she hates.

“The real girl is here, fake can get out of my face” he said, ignoring the bile that burned its way up his throat as soon as he finished. He didn’t miss the hurt that was displayed on her face, swallowing his apology; he turned around and walked away, not soon enough to hear the words that came out of Tiffany’s mouth.

“I knew it was too good to be true”

=======================================================================================================================

I Finally got internet access, so here it is

Sorry for the late update

Hope you like this chapter. Kikwang still loves Tiffany afterall.

Comment on what you think of the story so far and Subscribe <3