Chapter 42: Leaving the Past Behind

Maknae! Dorm

 

"Are you sure about this Jaera, hyung?" Taemin said as Jonghyun heaved a sigh.

 

"This is for the best and Jaera needs to face her grandparents sooner or later."

 

"Yeah, I wanted this." Jaera said, looking through the window as the car made its way to the parking lot.

 

After finding out about Minwoo's condition, Jaera fell into a depression. But she thought that just being depressed, doing nothing won't help her at all so she decided to finally settle all the things that happened in the past. Meeting her grandparents, meeting Minwoo's real parents and lastly, meeting her real mother.

 

Seeing her daughter's courage, Jonghyun finally decided to face Jessica's parents. All this time, he was a coward. He was so afraid and ashamed to meet them but he can't hide forever so this was probaly the best. Taemin had already forgiven him but if his parents won't, then he'll respect it.

 

"Hyung, Jaera, we're here." Taemin, Jaera and Jonghyun got out of the car and walked towards a certain house.

 

It was a small white house with only one floor. It has a red roof and green plants surrounding it. It was just a simple house, all in all, but it was elegant.

 

Taemin rang the bell and after a few seconds, the front door opened revealing a middle-aged woman who has big eyes and small lips. Upon seeing Taemin, the woman immediately hugged him and called her husband.

 

"Jeongsoo, you're son's here!" The woman called as a tall wrinkled man followed them at the door.

 

Upon seeing the old couple, Jaera suddenly got nervous. The woman looked exactly like taemin while the man looked exactly like her mother, Jessica.

 

"I thought you still have school, what brings you here?" Taemin's mother asked giving him a wide smile.

 

"And I see that you brought friends." Taemin's dad said, smiling at Jaera and Jonghyun.

 

"Uhh... appa, umma, let's go inside first." Taemin said as the old couple chuckled. Taemin led Jaera and Jonghyun to their living room as the old couple gave them refreshments.

 

Upon taking her seat, Taemin's mother immediately scanned Jaera's face and smiled.

 

"Is this young lady your girlfriend, taemin-ah?"

 

Taemin's eyes widened and immediately he shook his head. his father just chuckled.

 

"A-aniyo! You see... she is--"

 

"What's your name young lady?" The old man asked as Taemin and Jonghyun looked at Jaera worriedly but she just smiled reassuringly at them.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jaera. kim Jaera and this is my father, Kim Jonghyun." Jaera said as Jonghyun nervously nodded.

 

"a pretty name for a pretty girl! Taemin-ah, she looks like your noona." Taemin's mother remarked making the three nervous.

 

Jaera and breathed deeply and looked at the old couple.

 

"Actually, Mr. And Mrs. Lee, I am your granddaughter and Taemin is my uncle." Jaera blurted out as everyone stared at her surprised even Jonghyun and Taemin.

 

"Hohoho! What a very funny young lady you are sweety! We don't have a granddaughter. I mean my granddaughter is already dead--"

 

"It's true umma. She is Sooyeon noona's daughter. She was actually alive but the reason why we didn't see her was because she stayed with her father, Jonghyun hyung." Taemin explained as his parents looked at Jaera with widened eyes.

 

"Y-you are Sooyeon's child?" Taemin's mom asked as Jaera nodded. The old woman quickly wrapped her in a hug with tears flowing out of her eyes. Taemin's father, smiled and immediately joined the two. The old couple was yearning for their daughter's presence ever since she died but now that they finally met their granddaughter, they couldn't help but cry in joy.

 

"My granddaughter... I never thought that the day would come where I could finally get to meet you..." the old woman cried as Jaera hugged her.

 

Taemin smiled upon watching their little reunion as his father approached him and Jonghyun.

 

"you are Jaera's father right?" Jonghyun quickly kneeled and bowed in front of him.

 

"Forgive me sir for what I have done to your daughter Jessica. I-I mean Sooyeon. I didn't mean--" Jonghyun said but was suddenly stopped when Taemin's father grabbed his hand and pulled him up surprising Jonghyun himself.

 

"Sir--"

 

"We already forgave you once we saw Jaera and Taemin happy and healthy living." Taemin's father smiled as Jonghyun suddenly teared up.

 

Taemin's mother then hugged and shusshed him.

 

"We know that you regret everything that happened in the past so let's just leave it at that ok? I'm sure Sooyeon would want that too. Aigoo don't cry, look Taemin and Jaera are laughing at you." Jonghyub then looked up to see Jaera, Taemin and his father chuckling.

 

After talking and asking questions about Jaera, the three of them finally decided to leave.

 

"You should just stay over tonight!" Taemin's father said as Jaera politely declined.

 

"As much as we'd like harabeoji, halmeoni, I need to decline the offer."

 

"Why? Where are you going?" Jaera's grandmother asked.

 

"We're going to visit my real umma."

 

XXXXX

 

"Umma, I'm here." Jaera said placing a boquet of flowers on Jessica's tombstone.

 

The three went to visit the graveyard where Jaera can meet her real mother Jessica.

 

Jonghyun and Taemin stayed beside Jaera as tears slowly started to fall down from her eyes. Jonghyun then kneeled down and led Jaera's head unto his shoulder.

 

"I'm so sorry for not knowing about you umma... we could have had fun together..." Jaera said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

 

"But you gave me to your bestfriend... with that, I'm not mad... if it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have met mira umma, Taemin oppa, the dormees at sunny byul and lastly minwoo. Thank you for loving me umma... I know that all this time you never left my side."

 

"Thank you umma, for everything. I love you so much."

 

After visiting Jessica and Mira's grave, Jaera decided to visit Minwoo's parents, Kyuhyun and Seohyun.

 

Jonghyun and Taemin insisted on going with her but she said that she wanted to be alone. Seeing the sincere look on her face, Jonghyun agreed and just waited for her inside the car together with Taemin.

 

Upon arriving at the couple's graves, Jaera placed two boquets of flower and quickly kneeled down, bowing her head on the grass.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Kim Jaera, daughter of your friends, Jonghyun, Jessica and Mira... and the girlfriend of your son Minwoo." Jaera said as she raised her head but continued to kneel on the floor with her hands neatly placed on her lap.

 

"I know that I have no right to be here at all, I am after all, the daughter of the person who killed you both but with my sincerest intention, I would like to ask for your forgiveness and guidance."

 

"Saying sorry wouldn't be enough to atone for the wrong doings that my family did to you and I know that you would want me to break up with your son if you were still alive... but I love your son, Minwoo. Thank you for giving birth to such a wonderful man Mrs. Cho. All this while I believed that we were siblings but even so I cannot stop my feelings for him. I want to cook for him, clean the house for him, take care of him and his children to be and of course, I want to be with him, loving him forever."

 

"I know that I am not the ideal daughter in law but I'm asking for your guidance, Mr. and Mrs. Cho. Minwoo's in a critical condition now, he's in a comatose but even so I promise that I'll wait for him... even if it takes forever."

 

XXXXX

 

After the incident, everyone started going to school again, even Jaera. The school was in an uproar after hearing the news about Minwoo's absence. Some cried and some just decided to let him be. Once in awhile, students would come to visit him. They would bring get well soon cakes and flowers hoping for Minwoo to wake up already. These little acts made Jaera a bit better knowing that she and her family weren't the only ones who cared for Minwoo.

 

It was already dismissal and Jaera was hurrying to place her books on her locker with Youngmin waiting for her by the hallway entrance. They are gonna head to the hospital, it already became their everyday routine. The hospital already became their second home for they would head there everyday instead of the dorms.

 

Jaera was about to go with youngmin when a familiar voice called.

 

"Jaera unni!"

 

Jaera and Youngmin turned to their backs as they saw Sulli walking slowly to Jaera.

 

"Sulli... is there anything you need--" Jaera was about to ask when she was suddenly interrupted by Sulli's tears.

 

"Why won't you get mad at me?! Why are you acting like this?! It's been a month already and Minwoo's still not awake! I was the reason why Minwoo's in the hospital right now! I said I love him but I was just being selfish..." sulli yelled as Jaera and Youngmin worriedly looked at her.

 

"Sulli--"

 

"Slap me, punch me, do anything you want! You have all the rights to do so! Even I am loathing myself to death..." sulli cried, waiting for Jaera to slap her but all she received was a hug.

 

"Listen to me Sulli, I already told you that no one is to be blamed for all of this. I am not mad at anybody. No one wanted for this to happen. And even if I slap or even punch you, would it change anything? It wil only make things worse for you and me. And I'm pretty sure that Minwoo wouldn't want his number one admirer looking this way." Jaera said, smiling at Sulli before letting go.

 

"You better fix yourself now before we go to Minwoo or else he'd be sad." Youngmin chuckled as Sulli sheepishly smiled.

 

Jaera's POV

After calming down Sulli, the three of us then headed to the hospital. Soyu unni and key omma was in charge of staying with Minwoo today. Actually, all of us would take turns in staying at the hospital but I still visit Minwoo daily anyway. The hospital already became my second house, I don't mind it at all but I just hope that things would change soon.

 

Upon arriving at the room, Soyu unni was sleeping with key oppa. I quickly woke them up and told them to go home and take a rest. They've been awake for hours already, it would be bad if another member of the dorm is to be admitted at the hospital.

 

Youngmin then walked Soyu unni and Key oppa out of the room leaving me and Sulli inside.

 

"I-is it... really okay for me to be here?" Sulli asked, as I smiled at her.

 

"Of course. Minwoo loves visitors. You can come here everyday if you want, Minwoo would be really happy." I said as a smile crept up onto Sulli's face.

 

I was about to go to the restroom to fill the small tub with water so that I can wipe off Minwoo's sweat when Sulli suddenly snatched the tub from my hands.

 

"I'll go get it. It's the least I can do." Sulli smiled as she then walked out of the room leaving me and Minwoo.

 

I sat beside Minwoo's bed and caressed Minwoo's hair. Looking at him right now, he looks like an angel sleeping. He used to be pale as a sheet of paper but now His color was slowly returning.

 

"I just wish that you would wake up soon." I whispered into his ear and placed a small kiss on his forehead.

 

I smiled at Minwoo before standing up from my seat to get a fresh set of towels.

 

As I was searching inside the mini cabinet which was just in front of the bed, I heard a small shuffling behind me. I decided to ignore it for maybe it was just my imgination but then a voice called.

 

"Hey..."

 

"Yeah?" I replied out of impulse without looking who it was.

 

Upon realizing that I and Minwoo were the only ones inside the room, I immediately stopped. My heart frozed as my eyes widened.

 

"Minwoo?--" I quickly turned to look behind me but was suddenly stopped upon hearing the voice again.

 

"Nuguseyo? Who are you?"

 


THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 42!

JESSICA IS ALSO SOOYEON. IT IS HER REAL NAME.

JUST A FILLER CHAPTER MEHEHEHE.

MEHEHEHE IT'S COMING TO AN END! AND SINCE I'M A TROLL AUTHOR, IMMA UPDATE ON..... SECRET! MUHAHAHAHA

COMMENT CORNER!

@DanielDanielleKy: don't cry! I don't want my friends to cry T.T

@KwangWooYoung79BF: Minwoooooo yesss! XD

@beverly_ym: it's just a small meeting actually mohohohoho XD

@KkristineWoo97: well Ialready planned it before actually lolol

@PatsTheName: I'm 16 too! muahahhahah chingu! thanks for correcting me! I must've been tired when I posted that T.T and there all your questions are now answered :D

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE!