Chapter 34: Shiny Byul

Maknae! Dorm

 

"Are we there yet?" Kwangmin asked as his twin turned to look at the person driving in front.

 

"Yeah hyung, are we there yet?"

 

The two pair of siblings residing at the dorm were now inside the ever so famous van of Kim Jonghyun together with their umma, Key. They agreed to work at the cafe belonging to the umma and appa of the dorm so they will go to visit the cafe for the first time.

 

They've been hearing lots of stories about the cafe from Key but never have they saw what the cafe actually looks like so everyone was really excited about today's trip.

 

"I've already told you that we're still far from it." Jonghyun answered shaking his head in the process.

 

Minutes passed and this time Jaera was the one to ask.

 

"Appa, are we there yet?"

 

"Yeah, are we there yet?" Minwoo said as Jonghyun just sighed.

 

"We are NOT there yet. I repeat, NOT there yet."

 

Hearing their old man's answer, the four kids frowned and just decided to sleep for the meantime.

 

"Finally no more irritating questions!" Jonghyun cheered as Key just chuckled.

 

A few more minutes passed and Kwangmin woke up. Still feeling the car's movements, Kwangmin yawned and stared at his two hyungs.

 

"Hyuuuunng, are we thereeeee yet?" Jonghyun gritted his teeth, frustration finally starting to show on his face.

 

If he only knew that the kids will keep asking him 'are we there yet?' then he would've definitely plastered masking tapes on their pretty adorable faces.

 

Seeing Jonghyun's pissed off face, Key chuckled and patted his friend's shoulder.

 

"Just chill yeobo." Key said as he smiled and turned to look at Kwangmin together with the other three kids.

 

"KWANGMIN FOR THE NTH TIME WE ARE NOT THERE YET. DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN BEFORE MY WORDS CAN FINALLY SINK IN INSIDE THAT PUNY PIKACHU BRAIN OF YOURS?" Key exclaimed making the other three wake up from their deep sleep. The four kids just stared at key as he smiled and looked at the window.

 

"Oh wait, we are here. Good you're awake now, come on." Key added as the five including Jonghyun looked at him weirdly.

 

"You know... Key-hyung can be so weird sometimes."

 

The six of them went out of the van and went inside the Shiny Byul.

 

The establishment was very breathtaking. It has a very modern and sleek style. The furnishes are mostly composed of the colors dark blue, black and sky blue. The lightings makes the inside look very warm. It looks more of a house than that of a cafe. The name of the cafe really suits the image of establishment.

 

The two pair of siblings were in awe upon setting foot inside the cafe. It was way beyond their imagination that such a very heartwarming place exists.

 

"So what can you say about out little baby?" Jonghyun asked grinning at the four kids who were busy staring at the place.

 

"Appa! This place is like soooo awesome! Why didn't you bring us here before?!" Jaera said twirling her body to take a better look at the whole cafe.

 

"Well we only managed to fix it recently so yeah."

 

"I would love to work in a place like this." Kwangmin remarked as Youngmin and Minwoo nodded.

 

"Ah Kwangmin, you should ask Jian too if she also wants a part-time job." Key said as Kwangmin just shook his head.

 

"I don't think she can and I wouldn't allow her to work anyway. She has failing grades so she needs to pass it before I let her work here." Kwangmin crossed his arms as the rest just chuckled.

 

"What a very strict boyfriend you are, dear." Key said making the younger boy blush.

 

"I-I'm not!"

 

XXXXX

 

"Hey that was supposed to be for table 4! Aisshh." Youngmin said as Minwoo glared at him.

 

"Mwo?! But the receipt says table 5!" Minwoo hissed as the two of them then turned to look at the cashier.

 

"Ok ok my bad! That's for table 4, I accidentally typed in 5. Mianhe~" Jaera sheepishly smiled, scratching the back of his neck as the two boys went back to their work.

 

"Yah don't ignore me!"

 

"Don't worry only a few days left and we'll do rotations again." Kwangmin remarked, holding the mop in his hands.

 

"Yeah I hate being in charge of the cashier."

 

It was already a month since the four started working at Shiny Byul. They would do job rotations every two weeks, and as of the moment, Youngmin and Minwoo were in charge of taking and delivering orders with Key occasionally helping them. Kwangmin was in charge of the cleaning while Jaera was stationed at the cashier.

 

The bell at the door rang signalling another customer. Kwangmin and Jaera were about to greet the customer but suddenly stopped upon seeing the person.

 

"Appa! You're late!" Jaera said making Jonghyun cross his arms.

 

"Now now, I'm the owner of this cafe so I can come whenever I want to--" before Jonghyun can even finish, Key suddenly flicked his forehead.

 

"Yah Yeobo! Don't be such a bad role model to the kids!" Key hissed as Jonghyun just scoffed.

 

"Aish yes dear." Jonghyun sighed as the kids just laughed.

 

It was a weekend but since it's still morning, the cafe's a bit peaceful. Since there's not much customers, Minwoo decided to help Kwangmin in cleaning the place. He then went to the storage room to find the window cleaner.

 

As he was looking through the storage room, Minwoo saw a photo album. Being a curious kid he is, Minwoo decided to open and take a few glances at the album.

 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to see appa's pictures kkk... unless he's hiding something."

 

Jonghyun was in every picture, he was a lot younger by then. Minwoo laughed at how funny Jonghyun looked like in high school. There was even a picture of him and Mira in school uniform, making a heart with their hands. Minwoo chuckled upon seeing his parents in a cute pose.

 

As Minwoo flipped through the album, he stopped upon seeing a certain page.

 

"W-who is this..."

 

Minwoo took out a certain photo from the page and upon taking a closer look at it, his head began to throb. He began seeing a glimpse of a woman with a blonde hair crying loudly while holding a gun in her hand. The face was clouded so he can't see who it is. As the images continued to flash in his head, it began to hurt horribly making him lose his sight and fell on the floor with the picture still on his hand.

 

"What's taking Minwoo so long?" Kwangmin said as he continued mopping the floor.

 

"You go continue with your work. I'll go check up on him." Jonghyun said as he went towards the storage room.

 

Upon opening the door, Jonghyun gasped. He immediately grabbed minwoo making the picture fall on the floor.

 

Upon seeing the picture, Jonghyun's eyes widened. He quickly got it from the floor and called for key's help.

 

Key brought Minwoo in his shoulders leaving Jonghyun inside the storage room. He took the photo album and held on to the picture.

 

"Sooyeon..."


 

THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 34!

more secrets revealed!

oh and if you're an observant reader, you would've guess how many characters are going to appear now. who, when, what's their role... I don't know HAHAHHA!

CLUE: be alert, SONES... ELF.

muahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah! 

oh and yeah if you got the hint then just keep it to yourself :D wouldn't want to be a spoiler now, would we? :P

COMMENT CORNER!

@KwangWooYoung79BF: WELL love is mysterious HAHAHAH it just proves that you really love youngmin :D

@OrangChoco: ohhh it's okay! at least you still commented. it's the thought that counts right? and new commenters always brings smile to my face :D

@kissme24: taemin's techniques never gets old muahahhahahahahha! 

 

1 COMMENT / SUBSCRIPTION = 1 FULL LONG FANFIC OF EXO