Chapter 41: Present

Maknae! Dorm

Nobody's POV

"After the incident, Minhyun was traumatized. Mira and I adopted him and told Jaera that the two of them are siblings. We even changed Minhyun's name into Minwoo. Since they were still young, they easily believed it and as they grew up, they forgot everything about Seohyun, Kyuhyun and Jessica. It was only natural for Jaera to forget all of it because she doesn't really know them that much but it was different for Minwoo's case." Jonghyun said pausing for awhile before continuing.

 

"We had him visit the hospital but it was no use. He really can't remember anything. We thought it was better that way because Minwoo wouldn't get hurt anymore."

 

"That's when I decided to stay in America because staying here can trigger Minwoo's memories to come back." Soyu said pain written all over her face.

 

"But I didn't go back here on purpose! Maybe it was just time for Minwoo to remember everything." Soyu said as Youngmin, Sulli and Jaera kept their mouth shut. They were still dumbfounded with all the revelations that have happened.

 

Taemin stood up with a clenched fist as he charged on Jonghyun with a fierce look. He grabbed Jonghyun by the collar as Youngmin, Sulli and Soyu tried to pull them apart.

 

"What kind of person are you?! How could you ruin my sister's life and still talk to me like nothing even happened?! All these years I thought that you were a kind sinless man! I trusted you! Why didn't you tell me?!" Taemin growled, anger oozing out of his head.

 

"I didn't know that Jessica had a brother! She never told us anything..." Jonghyun defended as Taemin's hands still clenched his fist.

 

"Taemin-ah stop it, it's nobody's fault--"

 

Before Soyu can even finish her sentence, Minwoo suddenly stood up and ran towards the front door. Jaera who was beside him, also stood up and called him but he didn't respond.

 

"Minwoo! Where are you going?! Minwoo!" Jaera yelled as she followed Minwoo together with Youngmin and Sulli.

 

"Ugh....arrggg... my head...." Minwoo muttered as he struggled walking. Various images flashed in his head making him unable to walk properly. His head hurts, it was like being split into two. He can't speak neither can he see where he was going.

 

Minwoo's head was still hurting but he wanted to ran away from the house. He wanted ro ran away from everything. As he was about to cross the streets, a van running in a very fast speed suddenly closed in.

 

"Minwoo stop!" Youngmin yelled but Minwoo wasn't able to hear it so he ran across the streets not knowing that the van was already near him.

 

A loud screech was heard and a bang making Taemin, Soyu and Jonghyun run outside. Youngmin and Sulli's eyes widened as Jaera fell to the floor with tears flowing out of her eyes.

 

"MINWOOOOOOOO!!"

 

XXXXX

 

"Please wait here outside ma'am. No visitors or family members can pass through this area." The nurse said as the stroller was pushed inside the operating room while Soyu just nodded and pulled Jaera with her.

 

"Unni... please let me inside... I need to see my brother--" Jaera pleaded but the nurse just shook her head.

 

"let's just wait here Jaera. Minwoo will be fine."

 

Soyu then pushed Jaera on one of the benches letting her sit beside Youngmin and Sulli.

 

"J-Jaera... unni... I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to--" Sulli cried her hands covering her face but Jaera just placed her hands on Sulli's shoulder and smiled.

 

"Don't be. It's nobody's fault... and the truth will probably come out sooner or later..." Jaera said as Sulli hugged her.

 

Youngmin stood up and went towards Soyu.

 

"Noona... how's Minwoo doing?" Youngmin said, worry written all over his face.

 

"We still don't know. But don't worry, I'm sure the doctors are doing their best."

 

After 5 hours of waiting, the red light on top of the operating room door turned green and the doctors came out.

 

Jaera, Youngmin and Sulli stood up and Soyu went towards one of the doctors immediately.

 

"Doc, how's Minwoo?"

 

"Are you the patient's guardian?" The doctor said as Soyu nodded with Jaera, Sulli and Youngmin waiting on the bench not far from her.

 

Jaera was getting nervous, she wanted to hear what the doctor will say but Soyu asked them to wait.

 

"The patient's fine now. He's stable." The doctor said making Soyu breathe normally again.

 

"But..."

 

"What is it doc?"

 

XXXXX

 

After bringing Minwoo at the hospital, Taemin decided to stay at the lobby and wait for further news. He wanted to clear his head of everything that has happened.

 

Jessica, his older sister, had a daughter who they assumed to be dead but after Jonghyun revealed the truth, it was found out that Jaera was his niece and Jonghyun was the father who Jessica never mentioned.

 

"Goddamn all of this... Jaera was my niece all along... I fell in love with my sister's daughter..." Taemin muttered.

 

Just as he was in a deep thought, a familiar figure suddenly walked towards him. Taemin ignored him but anger took over him and in an instant, he suddenly stood up and punched the guy in the face.

 

The guards nearby immediately got hold of the two of them as the guy just remained silent.

 

"Why won't you punch me?! Why won't you fight back?!" Taemin yelled as Jonghyun just looked at him in a pained expression.

 

"Go ahead. Punch me, kill me if you want. If that's what would make your heart at peace then do it... dying isn't even enough to compensate for everything..." Jonghyun said as Taemin glared at him.

 

"But I only have one thing to ask of you..."

 

"What?" Taemin replied.

 

"please let Jaera meet Jessica."

 

XXXXX

 

after the doctor took his leave, Soyu immediately messaged the truth to Jonghyun and Taemin. She didn't know how to spill everything to them but she had to.

 

"He's in a state of paralysis. To put in simply, the patient is in comatose right now. We don't know when he will wake up. With that, we will do further tests and medications so he will have to stay here until he regains his consciousness. I'm sorry."

 

The three, Jaera, Youngmin and Sulli, quickly stood up and went to Soyu.

 

"How's Minwoo?" Jaera asked, hoping for a good news but Soyu just hung her head low.

 

"He's fine...but..." Soyu said as worry began taking over Jaera.

 

"He's in comatose."


 

THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 41!

JUST TO BE CLEAR: SOOYEON IS JESSICA'S REAL NAME

SPECIAL THANKS TO PatsTheName for correcting me! <3 ILY! :*

THIS IS ONLY A SHORT UPDATE SO THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE LONG MEHEHEHE >:D

  IS THE STORY TOO DRAMATIC FOR YOU? MUHAHAHAHA! DUN WORRY ONLY 3 MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE!