Chapter 28: Jonghyun’s friend

Maknae! Dorm

 

Nobody’s POV

“Key, until when are we gonna stay here?” Jonghyun asked as the two of them were still resting on the benches at the shore.

 

“I think after 3 days?—“

 

“ugh. Damn minho and his luck with raffle draws.” Jonghyun facepalmed himself for the nth time today as key just shrugged it off.

 

Turning his head towards the waters, key saw the others playing. He smiled at the thought of having a relaxing time during this vacation but something’s bothering him and that is Jonghyun. He turned to look at his left to check on his dear friend but something came up to his view, something unusual.

 

“jonghyun, jonghyun, who is that girl that Jaera and Minwoo are talking to? she looks unfamiliar…”

 

“what, who?” Jonghyun’s head shot up and upon seeing the chestnut colored hair girl, his eyes widened in shock.

 

“what the heck is she doing here?” Jonghyun said as he immediately dashed to where the three are standing at.

 

“yah jonghyun wait for me!” key shouted following his hyung.

 

“Jaera, Minwoo!” Jonghyun shouted, trying to regain his composure as he stood infront of them.

 

“appa! What are you doing here?” Jaera asked making the chestnut colored hair girl turn to look at her back only to be met by a very familiar face.

 

“Jonghyun-oppa! It’s been a long time!”

 

“soyu, what are you doing here? I thought you already moved?” Jonghyun said, eyes fixed on the girl named soyu.

 

“I went back here because of work reasons… and to visit oppa and unni…” Soyu said as she smiled faintly.

 

“you two know each other abeoji?” Minwoo asked as Soyu faced to smile him.

 

“ah I’m an old friend of Jonghyun oppa—“ before Soyu can even finish her introductions, the others were already running towards them, surprised by the new face.

 

“hyung! Who is this pretty lady?” Minho asked as he winked at Soyu who just laughed at the action.

 

“annyeonghaseyo! My name’s Kang Jihyun but you can just call me Soyu. I’m an old friend of Jonghyun oppa. And are you all the dormies at sunny byul?” Soyu asked as everyone nodded.

 

“waaa your’e all so cute and handsome!”

 

“well thank you miss—“ before Taemin can even get hold of Soyu’s hands, Minwoo quickly grabbed hold of Taemin’s shoulders and cleared the lump on his throat.

 

“so it’s actually getting late and right now I thnk we should head back to the hotel? Right abeoji?” Minwoo said as the others started to head back to the hotel.

 

XXXXX

 

“so how did the two of you meet Soyu unni?” Sulli asked together with Jian who were busy praising the girl’s beauty.

 

When everyone was finally back at the hotel, they decided to eat their dinner since it was already late. Soyu who introduced herself as an old friend of Jonghyun came with them, not because she wanted to but because the others do.

 

“Jonghyun oppa was my oppa’s best friend so naturally I’d know him.”

 

“why didn’t appa told us about you before?” Jaera said pouting.

 

“well I haven’t got the chance to meet you two in person but I saw you two on pictures though.”

 

“so you’re here with your family?” Key asked, intrigued by soyu’s background.

 

“I came here by myself.”

 

“where’s your family noona?” Kwangmin asked.

 

“actually I’m all alone now. My parent’s died when I was still a child and my oppa died when I was still in high school.” Upon hearing Soyu’s words, Kwangmin immediately regretted asking about the girl’s past. Sensing the heavy atmosphere, Soyu chuckled and reassured everyone.

 

“why is the atmosphere so heavy? I managed to live by myself for 12 years so everything’s fine.”

 

“12 years sure must be tough noona.” youngmin said as everyone continued eating their dinner again.

 

“it sure is…” Soyu looked at Jonghyun before she continued again.

 

“after my oppa died, I started to work and luckily I managed to live up to this day.”

 

Everyone bombarded Soyu with questions which the girl answered whole-heartedly. Everyone was already fond of the new girl. Everyone was talking to her very well, that is except Jonghyun.

 

“so what is the real reason why you’re here?” Jonghyun asked staring into the ocean.

 

It was a long day so everyone was tired as hell. After dinner, everyone went back to their respective rooms, well except for Jonghyun and Soyu. When everyone was already out of sight, Jonghyun ask Soyu for a talk which the girl accepted for she knew that many questions are already rumbling through Jonghyun’s head.

 

“I was assigned by my company to work here but since they gave me a vacation, I decided to visit this place. That’s all there is to it.” Soyu answered following Jonghyun into the sandy shores.

 

“why? did you think I came here to take him back?” Soyu asked while Jonghyun just remained silent.

 

“he doesn’t even remember me and I can’t take care of a kid, I’m too young.” Soyu chuckled before continuing.

 

“he doesn’t know anything, does he?”

 

“no. not a thing.”

 

“when are you planning to tell him?” soyu asked as Jonghyun just looked at her before answering.

 

“I don’t know… it’s not like he needs to know about it.”

 

“jonghyun….oppa.. he needs to know about it, he has all the rights. Plus, sooner or later, he will surely know it. not all secrets can be kept forever.” Soyu explained making Jonghyun sigh heavily.

 

“what if he hates me for keeping everything from him? I managed to keep everything safely and I won’t let just a simple vacation ruin it.”

 

Minwoo’s POV

“what are you saying you’ll take a shower at this time of the night? Isn’t it a bit too late? and you’ll get a cold—“

 

“oh puh-lease. It’s summer! And summer equals to hotness so I definitely need to take a shower now or else I would get really sticky later and I know that you wouldn’t want that, do you?” Jaera noona smiled slyly as she tried to rub some of her sweat on me and me being the clean freak that I am tried to act like I was grossed out as heck but the truth is, I don’t care even if noona pours all her sweat on me, I would gladly receive all of them.

 

“hello? Earth to Minwoo? are you still with me?” I was quickly snapped from my thoughts when Jaera called me as she was about to enter the bathroom.

 

“yeah yeah I’m still awake.”

 

“don’t sleep first! Wait until I finish okay?” Jaera noona closed the door as I just shouted okay.

 

I jumped onto the bed and plopped my head on the pillow. It’s been a long day and I’m really tired… but noona said to wait for her…

 

“Minwoo, Minwoo! wake up!”

 

“noona?” I fluttered my eyes open and checked to see if noona already finished taking a shower only to be surprised by my noona standing beside the foot of the bed…wrapped only …only in a towel.

 

“I told you to wait for me yet now you’re sleeping? What a nice dongsaeng you are. Really.” Noona said wrapping her hair in a bun.

 

Minwoo. NO minwoo. you shouldn’t do this. NO. MINWOO. control yourself. Look away, yeah that’s the best. look away. Yeah.

 

“yah Minwoo are you okay? you’re kinda red…” Jaera noona stood beside me and touched my forehead making my heart explode.

 

this is so wrong. This is SOOOO WRONG!

 

“ah.. I’m fine…why don’t you go put on some clothes?!” I said shoving her hand away from me.

 

“what the… you’re pushing me away? Why? am I still sweaty?” noona said grabbing my hand and rubbing it on her neck.

 

“aniyo, you smell nice noona…” I said as I reach for her cheeks making her flinch in surprise.

 

“Mi-Minwoo?”

 

 If this keeps on going, I might not be able to control myself…


THANK YOU FOR READING CHAPTER 28!

OK I know you all are mad at me for posting a very short update but please be PATIENT guys/gals! THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE REALLY LONG I PROMISE! I just finished writing the next chapter and just a few edits and it will be ready for posting :D and another comment to my next update, it will be the turning point for the two's relationship. you're wondering who's the two characters I'm talking about? well that'll be a secret but I think you all know who is it HAHAHAHAHA! anyways. this is obviously a cliffhanger, so please guess what will happen on the next chapter ! XD

my laptop's charger wasn't working so I had to post this using my mom's laptop even though I'm not allowed to use it. and I wrote the other chapters using my phone so it's really hard T.T

COMMENT CORNER!

@fruitymoonbeams: nonono soyu won't really be a distraction here. and she's not really an important character... maybe? still not sure but I just added her here cos I felt like adding another idol would be fun :D

@ilovefood: minwoo's still doing fine :D

@kissme24: don't worry, you'll see a LOT of JaeWoo moments later on in the story. oops. looks like I said too much XDD

@Fialufkey: unni! yea I pity youngmin too T.T but anyways, he's the main character in my other story so it's fine :D

@DanielDanielleKy: what chocolates would you like? :D

@KkristineWoo97: just watch for the two then you'll soon find out what will happen to them muahahahhahahahahah! XD

 

FREE CHOCOLATES TO EVERYONE IF COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE TO MY TWO ONGOING STORIES!