Chapter 5

Like A Rose {Completed}
Days that followed,Jiro and Selina became closer as ever.One cannot be without the other.They became officially boyfriend and girlfriend after two weeks of school.They became the senior high school sweetheart.The famous star athlete with the school's beauty and brain.Everybody just mooned and envied them and agreed that they really belong together.

Arron and Hebe sort of reach a compromise in their relationship.They tolerate each other presence for the sake of their brother and sister.No more angry glare from Arron and no more frown and angry faces from Hebe.They still compete in their class,if one tops Chemistry,the other will top Physics.Both working hard to excel and top the class.

Selina's parent's noticed that Selina has been getting too close to Jiro.It is not that they don't like Jiro but was just concerned that it will affect Selina's studies and eventually give up her dream to study abroad.They believed that she have too much at stake at their relationship and at a very young age.

"Selina,what is it ,I heard that you are going with Jiro.Is he the guy who has been picking you up everyday?"Her Mom asked.

"Yeah,Mom,Jiro is my boyfriend now."Selina admitted."What is wrong with that?"

"You are much too young to be thinking about that.You should be concentrating on your studies,so you can get a scholarship and study abroad in one of those prestigious school there."Her Mom said."You know you we are counting on you Selina."

"Yes Mom I know that,I am still going to study harder and I will still aim for that dream Mom"Selina said."Don't worry about it."

"Me and your Dad are getting older now and your Dad is getting sicker,you are our only hope to help us out with your sister Hebe and your little brother Jimmy."Selina Mom said.

"Mom I know I will do my best,don't worry I won't fail you,Jiro won't be in a way"Selina said."He will understand."

"Just don't get too serious with him yet."Selina's Mom said."There are still a lot waiting for you out there.Don't close your door yet."

Selina did not say a word but nodded her head as she let out a sigh.I wish Jiro will understand,Selina thought,he does not know it yet.......

One Friday afternoon as they are waiting for Selina and Hebe,Jiro and Arron was waiting outside.This has been their regular routine,everybody wait for each other,be it basketball practice,or Science or Math club meetings.

"Hey Arron,do you have anything to do this afternoon?"Jiro asked."Can we go and watch a movie with Selina and Hebe before we go home but don't tell Mom alright?"

"Why?"Arron asked."Why do we have to lie about it,she's not going to mind.you can do anything and she won't even get mad at you."

"No ,she does not want me getting serious with a girl"Jiro said"And she has been hearing a lot about Selina lately so they want us to slow it down,but I think I am really getting serious with her,don't tell anybody alright?"

"Alright I got it."Arron said."So it is just the two of us who watched the movie then,don't mention about Selina?"

"You got it right."Jiro said."Just don't say anything even if they asked you."

"Then you owe me big time then."Arron said smiling.

"Yeah,I cover for you when it is your turn then."Jiro said."So how come I don't hear you liking any girl.?"

"No,I don't see any girl that is pretty enough to like."Arron said laughing."Enough to match my good looks."

"Yeah right."Jiro laughed."I did not know arrogance runs in our family.So nobody is pretty enough and smart enough for my brother Arron huh?How about Selina's little sister,Hebe is pretty and she is smart enough to beat you."Jiro laughing aloud some more.

"Hey,she did not beat me,no way I am letting that happen"Arron said."And she looked so dorky,she is not my type at all and she is so clumsy."

"Yeah,how come I saw you checking her out and staring at her,behind your glasses.And you said she is not that pretty."Jiro said."She is beautiful,take out that glasses and that braces,she is going to be a beauty and you will be sorry that you pass her up now."

Arron just smirked and looked away.Yes Hebe is such a beauty even now all glasses and braces and all,he just could not admit it to himself.Come to think of it,she is the only one that have come to his level,Arron thought.Heck why did Jiro have to point it out to him.....Now he will be thinking about her....well it is all his brother's fault....

Selina and Hebe came as they boarded the car.They decided a suspense movie to watch,as they drove to the movie house.Once they get in the theater,Jiro claimed Selina in the corner and Arron was left with Hebe.

Hebe hate the idea that she will be left alone with Arron,but she does not have a choice for that matter.Her sister always forget her existence once Jiro come in sight.
Jiro took Selina in the corner seat and isolated themselves from the others moviegoers.

Arron looked at his brother all close and huggie huggie with Selina.They were laughing and whispering to each other.They looked like a very much in love couple.Arron then looked at Hebe by his side.She looked scared and cold.Arron smiled to himself as if forming ideas in his head.

When they were on the scariest part of the movie,Hebe screamed and she let herself hold on to Arron's arm as Arron felt the pressure of her fingers in his arms.Arron moved closer and closer as he put his arm on Hebe's shoulder.He let his hands rest on her upper arm as he caressed it tenderly.

Suddenly Hebe is aware of Arron's arms around her and Arron's hand little caresses on her arms.Arron's face came closer and closer until he felt Hebe's hand smacked him in the face as she got up and left.Arron was left surprised and disappointed as he followed her outside.

Jiro and Selina is unaware of what was happening for they are in their own world as Jiro found Selina's lips for the first time and the world stood still....nothing matters but the taste and sensation of each others lips brings.....