Chapter 15

Like A Rose {Completed}
Jiro and Selina's senior years flew by and soon it is college application time.Selina submitted her application ahead.She just basically awaiting for their reply.Jiro got a basketball scholarship in their national university.And he was so excited about it.

"So what about you Selina,you know where you are going yet?"Jiro said."I thought you already got accepted and have a scholarship in the university,so we can be together too in college."

"Yeah,I did get accepted and a scholarship,but I am still waiting for my other application and then I decide."Selina said.

"Why think about it,it is one of the best school here and they are giving you a scholarship already and we can be together." as he give her a wink."So what is there to decide?"

"Yeah,I know,"as Selina smiled.She very well much like to stay and be with Jiro...but..she is still awaiting to for their reply from her application for a scholarship from a school in US.

"So it is a done deal,we are going to the same school."Jiro said.

Selina can only smile and nod.Maybe she did not get the scholarship that she have been waiting for.

Two weeks after and Selina got accepted in Harvard medical school and she got the scholarship too.This is the one that she have been working on since day one in High School.She was so happy but the thought of Jiro gave her anxiety for she have not told him yet.She have to tell him soon.

One day while they were on a date,just the two of them,as they walked hand in hand in the park.

"Jiro,I have to tell you something."Selina said.,as she lead Jiro in the bench to seat still holding his hand.

"This sounds so serious,you are making me nervous."Jiro said with a goofy smile."What is it?"

"Jiro,remember the application that I was waiting for,before I can decide which school to go.I have the response today.And I got in and they grant my scholarship"Selina said.

"So are you telling me you are going to another school then?'Jiro asked looking so serious.

Selina nodded."Well anyway,we are still here in the same city so.I guess it alright."Jiro said.

"Jiro that is the problem,it is not here,the school that I am talking is Harvard in US.I got accepted in Harvard"Selina said.

Jiro looked out,not saying anything,as he took a deep breathe and he just stayed quiet.He felt so disappointed and angry,that he felt like crying.He wants to say something but words came hard to come by.

"Are you not going to say something?"Selina said"Jiro please say something."

"What do you want me to say?"Jiro said."I have nothing to say.If you want to go then just go.I am not important anyway and my opinion does not matter."

"No,don't say that Jiro."Selina said."You are important to me ,please try to understand."

"Let us just go home."Jiro said as he continued to walk without looking at her.

Jiro was so quiet until she dropped her home.He didn't say a thing.On the way home everything sank in.Selina is leaving him and he will be left all alone and he will be sad and lonely....as he cried at the thought.He never expected her to be leaving him this way.And she never breathe a word about it to him before.Never mentioned it before.He was never ready for this.He expected Selina to be by his side for the rest of his life...and now that dream is gone.....as his tears rolled by....