Chapter 12

Like A Rose {Completed}
The storm lashed out it's anger for the whole day.The heavy rain and the strong winds made it impossible for them to drive back home.And Selina is getting worried.She prayed and prayed that the storm will be over.The heaven must have heard her for by late afternoon,the rain and winds abated and they were able to drive back home.

It was almost dark when they reach the city.Jiro dropped them in front of their house and Selina's Mom saw them.She did not say a word but waited for her daughter to say something.

"Oh,Thank God you are finally home.I was getting worried about you.I was about to call the school" their Mom said."So is that Jiro that drove you home?"

"Yeah,he just drove us home because it is getting late."Selina said,as she looked at Hebe.

"Alright,get changed so we can eat dinner." their Mom said."Come down here right away after you changed so you can help me with the table."

Selina and Hebe ran upstairs as both of them took a deep breathe.Never again will she do this thing and lie to her parents again,Selina thought.

The next day in school,as Selina and Jiro met before the start of the period.

"So ,how was it yesterday,did they suspect anything?"Jiro asked Selina.He was worried too,yesterday.He was guilty for making Selina lie to her parents,and if something happens to them,it going to be his own fault.

"No,Thank God,no"Selina answered."Let us not do that again ."

"No.not anymore.It scared me too.I am sorry,promised I will be more responsible next time."Jiro said.

Selina smiled at him."You are so cute,looking so serious."
Selina said."I don't think I have seen this side of you before."

"yeah,everybody thought I am always cool,but sometimes,I also falter once in a while,so do you think you will like the uncool one?"

"I love you ,no matter what,cool and uncool."Selina said.

"Just don't tell anybody,I don't want to tarnished my image."Jiro said"Let this be our little secret."

Selina giggled as she nodded her head and started walking to their class.

In Arron and Hebe 's class,Mrs Ring announced that they are going to send a representative to inter scholastics competition in which all the local school will compete with each other in different subjects.And Arron and Hebe are the front runner to be the possible representative.

Hebe has been waiting for this,because of the price at stakes.Whoever wins in the competition will get a scholarship for college and it will help Hebe's parents a lot if they don't have to pay for her tuition.

But Hebe was worried because it means competing with Arron.She wonder if Arron mind if she get chosen instead of him.Somehow winning the spot is not as sweet ,cause she knows Arron is very competative,and she wondered if he would be able to take losing to her or to anybody for that matter.

"Arron,so what do you think of the competition?"Hebe asked him during lunch"Isn't it great "

"Yeah,so you don't mind if I win right?" Arron said.

"And who said you are the one who is going to win?"Hebe said."They have not decided yet who to send,and I guess it depends upon the grades and the teacher recommendation."

"So does it mean you want to be the representative?" Arron asked.

"Duh,I have been waiting for it."Hebe said."I really need the prize and win it all so I can have a scholarship and less worry for my Mom,"

"Well one of us is not going,it is going to be, between us."Arron said."I really want to earn the spot too."

"Well,may the best student wins then."Hebe said."No hard feelings if I win"

"Yeah and no hard feelings if I win" Arron said.

Hebe is really serious in this one.She really want to be the class representative,but I want to be there too,Arron thought.What am I gonna do?Give up for Hebe but what about my dream......

Arron is into it also.What am I going to do?But I really need to ,so I can get a shot for that prize.But I don't want Arron to get mad at me,Hebe thought....What am I gonna do?.........