Miss A and M Jay?

"Hello... Daddy?!"



 


 

~*~ Your P.O.V.~*~

After the talk with JYP-shii over the phone, I decided to settle things and talk to my family about it in order to inform them. It was important to me that I’d have them known, especially when they have been with me through everything. My parents at first didn’t like the idea that I’d try to work for the entertainment industry again because of what happened in the past, but when I told them that it’s for Moonbin, they decided to just support me all the way. Moonbin and I talked too and he was able to understand me very well. My former bosses at the café and bar were happy to let me go too. I was really grateful that they understood and supported me. I knew that I will never forget them. I was blessed to have understanding and supporting people around me. It’s truly a good start for my career to have them with me. After a few days JYP-shii gave me the papers I needed to sign to validate my contract with their company at the same day too, I had to meet my members. It was totally nerve-wracking for me. I really doubt if they’d like the idea of having another member in the group. I felt a bit embarrassed and insecure, thinking that I may not fit in with them, but there’s no turning back now. I’ve made my decision and signed the contract; moreover, what I’m doing is for Moonbin’s good…

“Are you ready to meet them?” Yulhyan asked with a smile and I looked at her with an unsure expression. “I’m a bit nervous. What if they won’t like me?” I asked and she chuckled while patting my arm after hearing my question.

“They don’t bite. You need not to be afraid of them…” She said and I nodded. I felt my heart beat fast as she touched the knob of the door to Miss A’s dorm. I had butterflies in my stomach at the thought of meeting them. The door swung open, revealing four girls sitting on the couch, anticipating our visit.

“Annyeong, Manager-nim!” They greeted altogether as they bowed politely. Yulhyan bowed and smiled at them in response and I stayed awkwardly behind her. “So, I guess all of you talked to JYP-shii already, neh? Correct me if I’m wrong but, you all have heard that you’ll be meeting your new member and official leader, neh?” She asked in assurance and they all nodded their heads in response.

“About that, manager-nim, we wanted to talk to you about that… You see, to be honest, everything happened all of a sudden. I mean we just thought that, Miss A is not just a group. It’s a family… We can’t just accept another right away…” The girl whom I remembered was name is Jia confessed and I bit my lip. I bet they still didn’t have any idea that I was that new member who was just currently standing behind them. I felt a bit sad about what she said, but I can’t blame her though, she did had a point. It wasn’t going to be easy and just by looking at them, I could clearly tell that they have a sisterly bond that they treasure…

“I know that, that’s why I brought her here, so that you will get to know her better!” Yulhyan said enthusiastically and my eyes widened. The members of miss a gasped in shock at what they heard. “Everyone, I’d like you to meet, Choi MInjee, your new member and official leader…”

“A-annyeong….” I squeaked nervously as I bowed. “E-ehh? She’s…. Oh shoot… I’m so sorry you had to hear that… I mean I didn’t mean any harm… I hope you weren’t offended and I’m so sorry if you were… It’s just that -“ Jia began to panic after hearing the surprising news.

“Don’t worry… I wasn’t offended at all. I clearly understand.” I said with a genuine smile. “I’m Minjee, by the way, as YulHyan-shii just said.” I offered a hand to shake and they smiled. Jia was the one to shake hands with me.

“I’m Jia… Meng Jia… It’s nice to meet you, to be honest you seem to be very nice. I do hope we get along in spite of what you heard earlier…” She said sincerely and I smiled as I said, “Nice to meet you and don’t worry. I wasn’t really hurt. You said nothing offensive. You just said what you felt and that’s a nice thing.”

“I’m Fei. Wang Feifei… I’m the eldest… “ She simply said with a smile and we shook hands.

“I’m Lee Minyoung, or Min as most people know. I hope we learn more of each other even if we’re all are a bit awkward now.” She said as she shook hands with me as well

. “Bae Sue Je…. Or Suzy as others might call me. I’m the youngest please bear with me.” She said as she smiled shyly at me. I immediately felt a warm feeling in my heart when I saw her smile. She’s very charming and sweet-looking.

“See! That’s a good start! Come on! Let’s all grab some coffee altogether or maybe do something like shopping!” YulHyan said as she clapped her hands. “Or we can go to my house and I’ll cook for you guys!” I suggested. “In that way I can also introduce you to Moonbin!” I said.

“Eh? Who’s Moonbin?” They all asked.

“Oh, Moonbin’s my son.” I replied with a smile and they all asked.

“Eh??? But you look too young to have a child!” Suzy remarked. “It’s a long story… I can tell you guys about it on the way…” I giggled.


And so we Yulhyan drove us to my house, where Moonbin and I live. I opened the door for them and let them entered.

“It’s not much, but all of you are welcome here…” I said as we entered.

“Wow…” They sighed and smiled. I looked at them with a puzzled expression. I didn’t really expect them to react that way since I know my house is nothing but just ordinary compared to the mansions that they could probably afford.

“It looks really warm and comfy.” Min said. “I feel like, somehow I’m home even though this isn’t my house. You, your husband and child must be a very happy family together. I looked down when I word husband that moment I felt like being crushed as Yunho’s face flashed through my mind. At that very same time I also wondered how my family must be like if Yunho knew about the baby and if he was here by my side, watching Moonbin grow with me. I almost felt like shedding gallons of tears like I used too again, but I snapped out from my reverie when Fei asked,

“Where’s your hubby anyway? Are you sure it’s cool with him if we hang out here?” I looked at her with a sad smile and answered.

“I don’t have a husband. I’m a single mom. It’s just Moonbin and me…” I said.

“Omo… I’m so sorry…” Fei apologized as she patted my shoulder.

“You don’t have to be. It’s okay. Anyway, you want me to fix you something, like… Oreo cheese cake and coffee?” I asked

“We don’t want to trouble you…” Jia said. “Come on! It’s no trouble at all. Oreo Cheesecake and coffee are easy to make. Besides, I want to make something for you guys. It’s an honor to have Miss A and their manager here.”

“Aiggoo~ you’re one of us too, you know… You’re our leader…” Min said, giggling.

“Well, that gives me more reason to make you guys some Oreo Cheesecake and coffee…” I said with a smile. After I finished making our snack, my parents called to tell me that they’ll be dropping Moonbin at our house in a few minutes. I served the snack to my visitors in a while. When we were about to eat our snack, the doorbell rang and I went to the door excitedly to greet my parents and Moonbin.

“Eomma! Moonbin said as he hugged me. “Hi, Moonbin-ah! Did you have fun?” I asked. “Grandma and Grandpa took me to the park to play.” He said with a smile.

“Thanks so much for taking care of Moonbin, Eomma and Appa.” I said as I bowed politely and my dad ruffled my hair.

“We’re his grandparents. It’s the least we can do…” My mom said as she lightly pinched my cheeks. “

You should come in. I made a cheesecake. I also have someone to introduce to all of you.” With that they all came in. Miss A and our manager stood up to greet them politely while bowing.

“So, you ladies are going to be our daughter’s collegues…” My mom said. “It’s nice to meet you you all look very lovely.” “Minjee-unnie is lovely too and it’s nice to have her with us.” Suzy said with a smile and I blushed at her compliment. “Omo… Eomma… Miss A noonas are very pretty….” Moonbin said as he smiled cheekily.

“Aigoo~~ You have a very sweet kid!” Min squealed as she ruffled his hair. We all chatted together as we ate the cheesecake I made. Miss A members were such nice people at the short span of time we all learned a lot from one another. They showed great kindness to me and my family and I think it’s a really good start between us.

“You like coloring too, Moonbin?” Suzy asked as she approached Moonbin who was currently working on the coloring book that I just bought for him. He nodded his head and smiled a shy smile. “Aigoo~ When I was a little girl I used to do that with my appa too at home in Gwangju. Do you mind if I color with you?” She asked as she sat down beside Moonbin. I smiled at the cute scene especially when Moonbin handed her the crayon.

“Suzy-shii colors nicely” I complimented. She giggled and scratched her head sheepishly. “Aigoo~ Suzy is so childish as ever!” Min teased.

“Yah… I’m still young anyway. I’m only sixteen, ahjumma!” Suzy backfired as she stuck her tongue out.

“Aish… These two…” Fei sighed, I’m afraid you have to get used to childish fights like this, Leader-shii” Fei said. “I think I can handle that, Fei-shii” I said, giggling.

“Aish, don’t be so formal with us. We’re your members.” Jia reminded. “Arasso… Arasso…” I said and I knew right then, I was so lucky to have Miss A… I was lucky that soon, I’ll be working with them…


Days passed and I became busier than ever. My nap times lessened because of practices, especially when my debut and Miss A’s comeback is near. At first it was a bit hard for me to cope with the other members, but they sure helped me out and I got the steps right.

“You’re a fast learner, Leader-shii” Fei complimented as she handed me a water bottle in which I accepted with a smile.

“I learned from the best members.” I replied as I winked then drank from the water bottle that she gave me. “Minjee, JYP-shii wants to see you.” Yulhyan announced as she entered the practice room.

“Arasso, Managernim” I replied as I stood up and immediately went to JYP-shii’s office.

“You asked for me, Sir….” I clarified as sat on a chair in front of him.

“Yes. I asked for you to talk about your screen name. As you know, you have the same name as Lee Minji of YG’s 2NE1. I don’t want the Say A’s to mistake you for her so I plan to give you a screen name.” “Oh, I see.” I said with a smile. “Have you thought of something? Or do you have a nickname that you want to use?”

“How about M Jay??” I asked out of the blue, making him look at me with a puzzled expression. “M… Jay???” He asked. “It sounds kinda boyish. Don’t you think?

” “Well, I just got it from M of Min and J of Jee. Then I added ay to J to make it look interesting.” I explained giggling. “It think it sound cute…”

“Well, if that’s what you want, then okay.” JYP decided. “M Jay it is…”



A.N. So, What do you think about your screen name? LOL… I hoped you liked it and I hope you liked the update and thanks so much for supporting me. I hope you continue on supporting me with my fics. I’ll try to update as fast as I can for you dear readers of mine, but I can’t promise since I have school work. With Love, Kei-chan.