Awkward...

"Hello... Daddy?!"

 

~*~Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

I rubbed my eyes and yawned as I sat up straight in bed. In spite of the lack of sleep last night, I decided to get up early to prepare for the day’s work and wake up the guys as well. I jumped off the bed and fixed the covers. (Err, at least what I thought fixing looked like)

I went to each room to wake up the others and have them ready for work. Jaejoong headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, Changmin came to help him. Yoochun, Junsu and I packed the things we all needed for the day.

After eating the delicious breakfast that Jaejoong prepared for us, we all took turns in taking a shower. We got dressed in our best clothes. We had to look our best, since we were guesting on SBS’s Strong Heart.

We arrived early on SBS. The staffs were still setting up for the show. So, we decided to stay in the dressing room for a while.

“Yah! I heard Miss A’s gonna be here too!” Junsu blurted out and looked at me worriedly. “Hyung, will you be alright?”

I forced a smile and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“I’ll be alright.” I assured them. “It’s been six years. I’ve moved on.”

But I knew it was no use.  ‘Just my luck.’ I thought to myself, being sarcastic. Life is truly full of surprises. Who would’ve thought I would run into her and then realize how much I still love her all these years. I forced a smile and told my members that I can handle it. I told them that I’ve already moved on and that her presence does not affect me anymore, but clearly, deep down my heart I knew I was only lying to myself. In a few minutes I’ll be in the studio, maybe sitting on the same couch as she will be sitting on. I’ll have to answer questions and she would have to do the same. I keep telling myself that happiness is a choice and that I should live in the present and not anymore the past. She was part of my past, but at the same time she now lives in my present. In that studio, I’ll be facing her again and I could say, that I’m not at all ready to see her. I’m not ready to sit on that couch and talk about my life and my past in front of the person who left me without an explanation. I can face her, not just yet. Not ever.

The thoughts I had in my head seemed to speed up the time. Little did I know, the staffs have finished setting up and it was already time for the show. I kept my shaking hands in my pockets as we went to the studio. Miss A was already there. Minjee was already sitting on a chair. There were chairs left for us to sit in. As we entered my eyes met with hers. Everything seemed to came back to me. Those memories we’ve shared. Her sweet kisses. Her beautiful smile…

The memories were all so painful. I felt stupid for feeling the same way about her. I wanted to forget her. I couldn’t figure out why my heart would still keep beating for her. She left me. She hurt me.

Love is very unpredictable and unexplainable…

I was usually very active and talkative in live guesting, but that moment, I wasn’t actually feeling it. I wasn’t in the mood and I wanted to disappear like a bubble.

I couldn’t take the awkward aura that was surrounding us… I was totally spacing out…

“How are you feeling about the comeback, so far? Hmm Yunho-ah?” Kang Ho Dong-shii asked and I looked at him. I brought the microphone to my lips and smiled.

“Well,  tired but happy I guess. It feels good to be seeing Cassiopeia in front of us again. Performing for them is such an honor and we all aim to make them happy. So even if we get tired, we continue what we do because a lot of people are supporting us. I guess seeing the smiles on their faces makes everything worthwhile.” I answered and the Cassies present at the studio squealed .

Kang Ho Dong –shii then turned to Miss A.

“Ah…  So how’s it going for Miss A? How does it feel to perform with  a new member and leader?” He asked.

“We got along quite easily. Unnie is very nice to us.” Suzy answered with a genuine smile on her face.

“How about you, MJay-shii? How does it feel to be performing with these girls?”

I looked at Minjee and waited for her answer. I don’t know why but I was really curious about how she’s doing.

“It’s a great honor to be a part of Miss A. They’re very supportive and I couldn’t ask anything else from them. They’re very friendly and nice to me.”

“I heard that about Miss A’s new album, Independent Women. I heard that Mjay-shii is a good example of an independent woman. Would you care to tell us about your interesting story, MJay-shii?”

I looked at her and waited for her to explain her story. She talked about having a child early and that she never expected that she would be given that blessing of being part of Miss A. I felt a bit shocked. I never thought she had to go through all those things. But there was a question in my head. Who was Moonbin’s father. It disappointed me that she didn’t talk about him.

“So, what would your message be for all those women out there? For girls and for single mothers like you?” He asked and she smiled as she looked at the camera.

“Well for all the women out there, I hope that you believe in girl power. Always strive hard and do your best in everything that you do. For all teenage girls out there, I hope that you stay in school. I hope my story can be a lesson for all of you. Love is a wonderful thing, but it has to have limitations. Being a mother is hard and you have to be prepared if you decide to be one. So, books first before boys. And for all the single mothers who are watching, love your child and treasure him or her. The world can turn against you but your child will be the light to guide you. As long as you love your child and have trust in God, everything will be okay.”

I smiled at her answer. Indeed, even if she did hurt me, she was a good woman and a good mother to Moonbin…

Say As clapped for her and she smiled at them.

Kang Ho Dong then turned to me. He gave me a smug smile and I gave him a puzzled expression.

“Did you prepare a dance for us today, Yunho-ah?” He asked and the Cassies screamed as they wave their red balloons in the air.

I face palmed and laughed. ‘Aigoo, I was too preoccupied with a lot of thoughts that I forgot that I need to prepare a dance every time I guest in his shows.’

And so  the music played and I stood up, did a couple of moves and finished with a smile. Cassiopeia clapped their hands cheerfully and I bowed politely at their presence before sitting on the chair again.

The show ended soon and we were finally done. The guys and I were about to go home when I decided to go to the bathroom first before  leaving.

I walked down the hallways and I found Minjee walking in the same hallway.

 

It was stupid, but I approached her. I don’t know what has gotten in me.

“Choi Minjee…”I said as I held her wrist. “Can we talk?”



 



A.N. I can sense a little somethin’ somethin’ going on. I wonder what they’re going to talk about. I enjoy cliffies so much XD *evil laugh*

Sorry for the late update. I hope you’re all still reading this… Feel free to comment and please click the upvote button… teehee! Sorry if I’m being kinda annoying.

BTW, I hope you check out my Yunho-oneshot.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/437430/yours-uknow-you-yunho

and this fic that my dongsaeng and I are working on…
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/438797/defying-the-odds-changmin-tvxq-uknow-yunho-originalcharacter-max

Until my next update!

With love,
~Kei-chan <3