Friends

"Hello... Daddy?!"

~*~ Your P.O.V.~*~

“Moonbin-ah, be a good boy in school, arasso?” I told him as I bend to fix his collar and comb his hair. He nodded his head in response and pouted. I giggled at how cute he looked and pinched his soft rosy cheeks.

“Yah, Eomma... Stop it. I’m not a baby anymore!” He complained.

“You’re only five. And even if you grow up you’ll always be my cute, baby Moonbin...”  I and he frowned. I smiled and kissed his cheek. “I’ll be picking you up after my shift at the cafe, okay?”

“Neh Eomma! There he is!!!” I heard a little boy about five years of age exclaim as he pointed at my son and dragged his, whom I assumed to be, mother towards us.

“Moonbin-hyung!!!” The boy said as he ran towards my son and hugged him. I smiled at the sight. I never really thought that Moonbin would be attached to little kids like the boy who just hugged him. It was a good sight to see. I was glad that he had friends in his school.

“Annyeong, little boy. You must be my son’s friend.” I greeted the cute looking boy and smiled.

“I suppose he is. After all, Inhwann here told me that your boy saved him from bullies. Kim YulHyan,  by the way. I’m Inhwann’s mom..” The beautiful and stunning woman in a purple dress said with a hearty smile as she handed me her hand to shake.

I blushed as I felt slightly embarrassed. Yulhyan-shii was extremely beautiful. She wore expensive looking dresses that clearly say that she’s of a well of family, unlike me who (at that time) was wearing my old Seoul Cafe uniform with my hair tied in a plain but neat ponytail. I felt like I didn’t look decent in front of her. She looked slightly intimidating. She was so beautiful and I looked so plain. I felt really insecure. I was so embarrassed.

“Choi Minjee...” I squeaked as my shaking cold hand reached over hers to return the friendly treatment. I was so nervous at her presence. Clearly she looked like a goddess walking on Earth...

“Your son is a fine young man. I’m happy that my Inhwann has him for a friend.” She told me sincerely and I couldn’t help but smile at the compliment but at the same time I felt confused. What did Moonbin do anyway?

“May I ask? Uhmmm ... What exactly did Moonbin do? I mean, what happened and how did he save your son from bullies?” I asked curiously.

“You mean you don’t know what happened?” She gasped in shock.
I nodded my head in response. “I don’t really know, actually.”
 

~*~Flash Back~*~


~*~Normal P.O.V.~*~

It was one normal day  for  Choi Moonbin. His mom bade him goodbye just like the usual. He smiled as he watched her through the gate while she was walking. After his mom was in no sight, he finally left to start his day in school. He was skipping merrily to class when an undesirable sight caught his attention. He gasped and his eyes widened in shock at the sight of a kinder boy being picked on by fifth graders. They were holding something that clearly belongs to the young boy and they didn’t want to give it back.

“Give it back, that’s mine! My Eomma gave that to me! Hey!” The poor little boy screamed as he reached for the latest DBSK album in the bully’s hands.

“Come on, you can clearly afford albums like these. Let us have it. Your mom can buy you another one.” The fifth grader said as he pushed the poor boy away.

“Yah! Give it back to him. He just said it’s his. His mom gave that to him. Give it back!” Moonbin said in a strict tone.

“Or what?” The mean bully asked. “You’ll call your mommy and cry for help?”

“Give it back to the kid or you won’t like what’s coming...” Moonbin said in his toughest tone as he glared the bully to death.

“Come on, you’re a preschooler, what can you do-

At that moment the bully was talking, Moonbin had the chance to punch him straight in the face. The kid had experience in martial arts and he was able to beat the taller and older boy until he surrendered.

“Thanks, hyung!” The little boy said as he bowed politely.

“Don’t mention it...” Moonbin said with a smile as he ruffled the little kid’s hair. “I’m Choi Moonbin by the way.”

“Kim Inhwann...” The little boy replied and shook hand with his new peer.

“If the older guys beat you up or bully you again. Just call me. You can always count on me...” Moonbin said sincerely and at that very moment, little Inhwann found a new friend. That very moment, Moonbin looked like a young hero at the younger kid’s eyes.


~*~End of Flashback~*~


“You got in to trouble because you did a good deed and you didn’t tell me?!”  Minjee asked as she looked at her little hero.

“I was trying to tell you Eomma, but you didn’t listen...” Moonbin replied and pouted.

“Aigoo. I’m really sorry. I should’ve listened to you.” Minjee said as she hugged her son. She pulled away and gave him a pat on the shoulder.  “I’ll make it up to you. I’ll buy you ice cream later, arasso?”

“Okay...” Moonbin agreed with a smile.

“Thanks so much for informing me this, YulHyan-shii!”

“Aish, drop the formalities. Call me Yul... I guess since your son is a friend of my son, we  too can also be good friends.”

“That’s very nice of you. It was really nice knowing you, but I have to leave,  my shift starts at 8:30...” Minjee apologized as she scratched the back of her head.

“I can see you work at Seoul Cafe. I can drive you there, if you want.” Yulhyan offered nicely.

“Oh, no, Y-yul I’m fine. I really don’t want to be a bother to you...” Minjee declined feeling a  bit shy at the kind friend’s actions.

“It’s not a bother at all. Don’t worry.” Yulhyan said.

“Well I suppose, if you insist...”

With that, Minjee wasn’t able to argue anymore. The two new friends bade their kids goodbye and left.

“This is for you. My mom bought it as a thank you gift for you...” Inhwann handed Moonbin a wrapped package. Moonbin looked at his younger peer with a puzzled expression.

“Open it, hyung...” Inhwann insisted excitedly with a smile.

Moonbin couldn’t do anything but do as Inhwann say. He opened the package and guess what he found...

It was DBSK’s latest album, MIROTIC....

“Inhwann... My eomma and I can’t pay for this... I can’t really take this...” Moonbin said as he tried to give the package back to Inhwann.
“It’s for free. It’s a gift for my new friend. I have one just like it. You like DBSK, right, hyung?”
“Inhwann, I can’t give you something as nice as this gift... I really can’t.” Moonbin declined at the thought that he and his mom can’t really repay Inhwann with those types of gifts .


“I told you it’s a gift, hyung. You don’t have to give me anything in return...”

“Gee... thanks Inhwann...” Moonbin said as he stared at the album in his hands. He couldn’t believe his eyes.  It was his first DBSK album...

That very moment, Moonbin felt like crying out of happiness as he looked at his idol’s pictures in the album.

“I remembered you told me you like Uknow Yunho-shii ...” Inhwann brought out the topic, making Moonbin snap out from his reverie.

“Yeah... I do... He’s my idol. He’s a great dancer and I love to dance just like him.” Moonbin said.

“I like Xiah Junsu-shii... He seems really nice and he sings great.”

“I know a couple of DBSK steps. You want me to teach you?” Moonbin asked and Inhwann’s ears perked at what he said.

“Chincha? Can you really teach me, hyung?”

“Sure... We’re friends right?”  Moonbin responded with a smirk... A smirk that was identical to Yunho’s.... A smirk identical to his idol’s... to his father’s



A.N. Tada!  Inhwann’s first appearance! Yey! LOL! Moonbin’s a fanboy! He’s finally had a connection to his appa! Yey!

Anyway! Happy  Halloween to you dear readers! I hope you like my update!

With love, Kei-chan