Words Left Unsaid

"Hello... Daddy?!"

~*~Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

I swear, I really wanted to kiss her. Her face was so close to mine. Aish, Minjee’s so irresistible. If Moonbin wasn’t there, I swear I could’ve taken the chance to feel her soft lips against mine. If it weren’t for the cute little kid, I could have lost control.

I shrugged my thoughts off as soon as Moonbin pulled the two of us to join the sack race. We went in the line of parents and kids that are joining the activity. We were divided into teams.

The sack for the sack race was bigger than a usual sack. It was as though three people could fit inside. The objective of the game was simple. The mom, kid and the dad should get inside the sack and hop together to go through the obstacles. The fastest team to finish wins. We were the last family in line. The kids were screaming and jumping and cheering as they waited for their turn.

It didn’t take too long for us to get our turn.

“Hwaiting!” I told Minjee before the three of us hopped together like three bunnies.

We all hoped as fast as we could. Our opponent was right behind us. Just when we were about to reach the finish line, Minjee tripped and the three of us fell.

“Yah… You okay?” I asked worriedly. She winced in pain, but still stand up.

“Let’s go and finish this!” She said aggressively and I could only chuckle at her competitiveness. With that, Moonbin and I stood up to finish the race. We were already behind the opponent. We didn’t win but we finished the race and had fun.

The smile on Moonbin’s face was priceless. The people were still cheering for us.  But after a few moments, Minjee winced in pain and fell on the ground again.

“Is she alright?” Some of the parents came over to help Minjee.

“Omo, MJay-shii I hope you’re okay!”  A little girl said worriedly.

“My ankle hurts….” Minjee said, trying to hide the pain, but she failed in doing so. I sat down on the ground to take a look at it.

“Aish… You should take care. You’re so clumsy, Choi Minjee…” I scolded, being really concerned about her safety. She looked at me with her beautiful eyes.

“Aish… It’s not like I meant to trip, Yunho-op… Yunho-shii…” She whined, and I blushed. I knew she almost called me oppa, just like how she used to address me. I looked at her and she looked away , trying to hide the redness that has stained her fair cheeks.

“Yunho-shii… Will my Eomma be okay?” Moonbin asked worriedly, his eyes were getting teary. I smiled and gave him a pat on the back.

“She’ll be okay, kiddo… It’s just a minor sprain…” I told him and he sighed in relief.

“Aish… My baby is so worried. Don’t worry… Eomma is strong… Just like you…” Minjee said as she reached out to Moonbin for a hug.

“We’ll go get the first aid kit so we can treat your injury, Ms. Choi…” A parent said nicely.

“Thank you very much…” Minjee said politely  and the parent smiled before leaving  to get the first aid kit.

“Yah… Can you stand?” I asked her in a tone full of concern. Minjee bent her leg and tried to stand up, but it was no good. I sighed and felt my face heat up as I scooped  her in my arms and carried her bridal style.

‘I’ve always imagined doing this to you on our wedding day… It’s so sad it didn’t happen…”  I thought to myself as I met her surprised gaze. The people’s attention was on us, but at that moment, my attention only revolved around her. She was as light as a feather and I wondered if she had been eating well.

“Yah…Put me down!” Minjee gasped in shock. She tried to hit me but it was not enough to make me put her to the ground. I grinned at her and laughed.  I looked at her face and she blushing furiously. Aish… So cute…

“Omo… People are staring… Yunho, put me down its embarrassing!” Minjee whined and I just laughed.

“Aigoo~ They make a lovely couple…” I heard some of the parents’ remark and I smiled to myself. If only we could still be together. If only we can still be a couple…

“They should be in a project together…”

“Neh, MJay-shii’s a single parent and Yunho’s a single man… I guess that would work, right?”

I sighed as I slowly settled her on a bench. I looked at her and she looked into my eyes, just like how she looked at me before….

Oh how I wished for things to be just like it used to be, but I guess, it’s too late for that….

MInjee and I have grown apart. We already went our separate ways. We’re nothing more but strangers with old memories…We should stop living in the past…

“When I grown up, I want to be strong like Yunho-shii so if something happens to mommy like this, I can take care of her…” Moonbin said and I smiled while I ruffled his hair.


“Aish… You should take care of your mom, little man… She’s pretty clumsy…” I remarked and Minjee whined.

“I’m not always clumsy…” Minjee argued and I laughed.

“Really now?” I asked in a tone with sarcasm.

“Yeah… Just when I’m…” She mumbled and I didn’t catch the last part.

 

Later on the parent came with some medicine to rub on Minjee’s ankle and some bandage to wrap it with.  The three of us thanked the parent for his kindness and he left us to treat Minjee’s ankle.

I rub the medicine on her ankle, slightly massaging it so the pain would go away. Then I put on the bandage and secured it properly so that it would hold still.

“Thanks…” She said to me and I smiled at her.

“Yunho-shii saved Eomma. Thank you, Yunho-shii!” Moonbin said as he gave me a hug.

“You’re really sweet. Minjee’s lucky to have a son like you…” I said before pulling away from him.

“Why don’t you go play with the kids over there at the playground for while… We’ll be right here… Go and have fun….” Minjee suggested and Moonbin ran off to play with his friends.

We were left alone in silence. It was really awkward.

“Thanks… For everything…” She said, breaking the silence between us. I looked at her and saw the sincerity in her eyes.

My heart throbbed rapidly in my chest. I was talking to her again. I loved it. I missed her so much…  I just hoped that she feels the same…

But I guess, she’s already happy with her life, with Moonbin and if she’ll look for a new daddy for Moonbin, I knew it wouldn’t be me. She already left me once. She wouldn’t come back to me.  I knew she left me for a reason and maybe it’s because, I wasn’t good enough for her. Maybe I couldn’t make her happy after all, that’s why she left…

“It was nothing…” I replied. “I enjoy Moonbin’s company a lot. You know me… I like kids…”

“Yeah… You’ve always had a soft heart for children…” She said with a sad smile.

“You still remember that…” I sighed, smiling as well. It was a bitter-sweet moment for the two of us. Surely it hurt to reminisce about our past, but it felt good talking to her again.

“It was one of the things I admired about you…” She remarked as she looked at the ground, avoiding my gaze.

“Minjee-ah… Why did you… Could you tell me… why you-“ I was cut off when the boys came and approached us.

“Hyung! We’ve been looking all over for you!” Junsu said. He held Yumi in his arms. She was already asleep.

“Well I was…” I didn’t know what to tell them. I knew they didn’t like the fact that I was getting drawn to my ex-girlfriend again, lately. They were there when I was got broken hearted. They witnessed everything and they got really worried about me.

They became silent when they noticed Minjee beside me. She hung her head low and refused to meet their gaze.

“Oww…” They breathed heavily as they looked at her.

“Small world…” Changmin remarked with a smirk on his face.

“Nice to see you around, Minjee-ah…” Junsu said politely as he smiled at her. Junsu has always been the most kind-hearted among us. He’s always been on my side, but he never judged Minjee. Junsu and Minjee were friends before and he still valued the past relationship they had as friends even if it had to end because of me.

“Hey…” Minjee said, smiling a small and awkward smile, acknowledging an old friend’s polite gesture.

Jaejoong avoided her presence and gave me a knowing look.

 

“Let’s go, Hyung…” Yoochun, said and I just looked at Minjee. My heart slightly fell at the thought of leaving her and Moonbin. I wanted to stay with her for a while. I had so much to ask and so much to tell her.

“Come on, Yunho…” Jaejoong demanded and I sighed.

“It was nice to talk to you, Minjee. I really had fun with you and Moonbin. Hug him goodbye for me…” I told her and she nodded in response.

With that I left her, with so much words left unsaid, so many questions left, unanswered…



A.N. Annyeong! I hope you liked my update. There’s more to come!
Love you all and keep sending comments. If you have suggestions about things I need to improve, don’t  be afraid to tell me. I don’t bite, okay? LOL JK…

With love,
Kei-chan