Appreciation

"Hello... Daddy?!"

 

~*~Your P.O.V~*~

I went to look for Moonbin everywhere. My heart beat fast against my chest as panic took over me. I ran my fingers through my hair in a frustrated manner. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down.

“I checked the other dressing rooms.” Min stated as she tried to catch her breath. “He’s not there.”

 

“I checked the studios and still no sign of him.” Suzy said sadly as she looked at me with worried eyes.

Tears started to pool in my eyes with every member that told me that they still haven’t found him. It was really frustrating, especially for a mother. My child was lost somewhere in a very big building and I don’t know where else to look. I was getting really worried.

“Unnie, we will find him we will look again.” Fei said as she tried to calm me down.

“Don’t panic. He’ll be found. I’m sure he’s just around the building.”Jia tried to comfort me with a hug and I pulled away to wipe my tears.

We went looking for him separately again. I couldn’t count how many floors of the building I’ve gone to.  My knees and feet went numb for I had been walking and running for too long, moreover, my heels were so high that it felt like it’s killing my feet. But I didn’t care. I’m not going home until I find Moonbin.

I held on to the wall and paused for a moment. I tried to catch my breath and rest my knees for a while. I was feeling exhausted and confused. The building was so big. There were so many places Moonbin could’ve been that I didn’t know where to look first. Tears fell from my eyes as I started to worry again.

‘What if someone took him while I was gone?’  I wondered as fear took over my heart. A lot of bad thoughts went inside my head as I began to lose hope.

“Eotteokke?” I said to myself. “I shouldn’t have left him.” I sobbed. It was then when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder.

“Miss… Are you alright?” The voice was deep and warm. It sounded very familiar.

“T.O.P-shii?” I guessed as I turned around to look at him and I was right. He looked at me worriedly as soon as he noticed my tears.

“Yah… Why are you crying again? Hmm?” He asked as he wiped my tears with his thumb. I felt my face heat up at his sudden action and bit my lip in embarrassment.

 

“Moonbin’s lost.” I told him as soon as I regained my composure when he let go of me. He looked at me with a puzzled expression. 

“Moonbin is my son.” I explained further and he gasped, “Bwoh?! You h-have a son?! Err… I mean… Well never mind that… Let’s go look for him.”


With that he grabbed my arm and helped me look for Moonbin. There was an awkward silence between us, an indifferent kind of aura surrounded us, but I felt safe with him. For some reason, TOP-shii always seems to make me calm down. His presence seems to always lessen the pain that I feel. 

“To be honest, you too young to be a mom.” T.O.P remarked as he looked at me. I felt my cheeks heat up at his gaze.

“I was only 16 or 17 when I had him…” I simply told him.

“Oh…” was all he could say as he kept his hands in his pockets. “So where’s the last place you left him?”

“I left him at the lobby…” I replied. “When I came back he was gone…”

“Have you tried checking again? Maybe he came back…” He suggested and I paused for a while to think.

“I haven’t.” I muttered under my breath.

“Well, I guess it won’t hurt to check again…” He said as he gave me an encouraging smile. I smiled back at him. I couldn’t help but admit that his presence make me feel safe.

We headed to the lobby and just like what he said… Moonbin was there. He came back, but not on his own. Yunho was there with him and not only that. Yunho had Moonbin sleeping in his arms. He gazed at him and smiled. It was something remarkable for me to see. My heart pounded rapidly in my chest at the wonderful sight. I felt tears fall from my eyes. I’ve always dreamed to see them together. I knew right then and there that Yunho could feel his special connection to Moonbin.

I stood there with my feet glued to the ground. I looked at them and hoped for time to stop. It was a beautiful sight to see. I just wanna look at them like that…

“Yah… Is that your kid,  the one that Yunho-hyung is holding?” T.O.P asked, helping me snap out from my reverie.

“Umm… Yeah…”  I stammered as I tried to regain my composure. I walked towards Yunho, until he noticed my presence. He looked into my eyes and his smile slowly faded. But he didn’t look mad at me. It was more like  he was disappointed that his time with Moonvin is over. He stood up with Moonbin in his arms.

“He got lost while looking for the comfort room.” He explained as he looked at the sleeping child in his arms.  “He fell asleep while waiting for you here…”

“I see…” I simply nodded my head. He carefully handed Moonbin to me and at that moment, I longed for Yunho so much. I thought about how things could have been if we raised Moonbin together…

I had a lot of regrets and the ‘what ifs’ came to my head…

He gave me a half-hearted smile as soon as Moonbin was placed in my arms. I looked at him and awkwardly smiled back.

“Thank you… For watching over him…” I muttered in a tone, almost inaudible for him to hear. His eyes lit up at the appreciation I showed him.

“You’re welcome…” He said nonchalantly and I gave him a nod before turning away from him.

“Choi Minjee…” He called and I stopped on my tracks. I turned to face him again.

“Yes?” I asked in a puzzled manner.

“Moonbin is a wonderful kid. Don’t ever lose him again it’s not always safe around public premises. Also…” He paused shortly before he continued… “He’s a good kid and you raised him well…”

 



 



A.N. Sorry for taking a while… It’s my brother’s birthday today! He’s now 11 years old!!! <3 I hope you liked my update.

LOL  I see that Yunnie complimented you for your good parenting… hahaha… <3 Do you feel the love?

Until my next update…

With Love,
~Kei-chan <3