Just Like Old Times

"Hello... Daddy?!"

~*~Minjee’s P.O.V.~*~

Day by day Moonbin grows up and each time that passes, he becomes more aware of his surroundings. Moonbin is growing up to be an intelligent young lad, and that fact is making me worry. It’s not that I’m not proud of him. In fact, I’m very very proud of him. I couldn’t ask for more…

But every time he would wonder and ask about his father, I couldn’t say anything to him. I don’t know what to do. When I see upset every time he sees other kids playing with their dads, I couldn’t do anything. I feel sad for him. I feel upset because he can’t have a happy family because of some decisions I have made in the past. I feel upset because, I know that my love for him isn’t enough. Moonbin feels incomplete. Moonbin needs a love of a father and I’ve taken that away from him since the day I left Yunho.

I shrugged the negative thoughts off of my head. I knew I had to make the day special for Moonbin. It’s a family day and I can’t ruin it for him…

I tried to put on a smile as I went back to the bench where I left him. I had the bag of cotton candy in my hands.

I gasped when I found the bench empty. Omona! Moonbin left where could he be?

I went to the crowd of kids and parents who in front of the stage for another activity. That’s when I saw something that just made my heart race…

It was Yunho with his son… our son, Moonbin. They were together in a family day activity. He had a smile in his face that is very much similar to Moonbin’s at that moment.

I knew just by looking at them that they felt it deep down within...

I just stared at them, my heart fluttering in my chest. My lips unconsciously curved in to a smile as I watched them laughing and playing around.

I couldn’t ask for anything more at that moment. It was a wonderful moment for me, to see them that way. They were really happy together.

The game ended and they won. Yunho’s still the same, still competitive and athletic as ever and Moonbin is just like him…

Yunho smiled as he looked at Moonbin, hugging the prize he got from the activity. It was a toy airplane. I stood there and waited until they were near me. Moonbin smiled and ran towards me as soon as he saw me. Yunho placed his hands awkwardly inside his pockets.

“Eomma!” He called out with a smile on his face. “Did you see me and Yunho-shii?”

I nodded as I bent down to his height to give him a hug.

“Aishh you… You had me all worried when I saw the bench without you on it… I thought you got lost…” I told him. “But you did great. You and Yunho did…”

I pulled away from the hug and stood up straight to aknowledge Yunho’s prescence. He stood there awkwardly and scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

“Komawoyo…. “ I told him sincerely as I bit my lip shyly. “For joining the game with Moonbin… You made him really happy…”

“Sure…. Umm…  No problem…” He said sheepishly.

There was an awkward silence between us. I started to think about the times we’ve spent together back when we were young and so much in love.

Aish… We were so close before… Who would’ve thought we would end up this way. It’s almost like we don’t know each other at all.

“So…” I cleared my throat, breaking the silence between us. “What brings you here? You know… It’s not every day that people see TVXQ’s Jung Yunho in a family day…”

He chuckled awkwardly. Oh, how I missed his laugh so much… That y laugh of his that had always been music to my ears…

“I went with the others to accompany Junsu and his niece, Yumi… It’s a long story…” He answered.

I just smiled awkwardly at him and gave him a bag of cotton candy, since I bought two. The other one, I gave to Moonbin.

Yunho gave me a cute, puzzled look. I giggled at his expression and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“It’s for you… A thank you token… For spending some time with Moonbin…” I said and he accepted it with a smile.

We sat on the bench and Moonbin and Yunho ate their cotton candy. Aigoo… They look so adorable while eating the cotton candy. Their actions are so identical. They really are father and son.

“Neh… You want some?” Yunho asked  as he handed me the bag of cotton candy. I smiled and got a small portion of the sweet treat.
He smiled at me and I felt my face heat up. His smile never fails to make my heart melt.

“Who wants to volunteer for the sack race? Anyone? We need ten sets of families!” the emcee announced.

“Eomma lets join!!!!” My active little kiddo said as he stood up and jumped up and down excitedly. I sat on the bench, dumbfounded by his actions.

“Come on!” Yunho said as he stood up and grabbed my hand. “It’s gonna be fun.”

“Y-Yunho… wait…” I gasped as he pulled me, causing me to trip and fall into Yunho’s arms. My eyes widened as he looked into mine. It was as if we were a couple, embracing each other. I felt my face heat up and all of a sudden I felt as though I was seventeen again… Just like old times when Yunho was mine and I was his… When we were so in love and when we used to hug and kiss each other a lot.

We were in that position for a while, until Moonbin helped us snap out of our reverie.

“Come on, Eomma, Yunho-shii!!!!” He said, as he pulled us excitedly. Yunho and I could only obey him at that moment, still dumbfounded by the recent incident.

His face was so close to mine… Omo… His heart-shaped lips still looked so soft and warm and…. Gahhh kissable…

Just like old times…

It felt just like old times…

I just wish… It could be just like old times….

 





 A.N. I hope you liked the update…. Whaaahhh Hihihi… <3 Minjee’s seventeen all over again… LOL Just kidding…

Aishhh these two should make a sibling for Moonbin already…. Ahahaha… Kidding XD

Thanks so much for all those comments and thank you for waiting for my updates…

Love you all!!!

Oh, BTW if you haven’t read my one-shot…. Please do… It’s different from the others I’ve written…  kekeke

Until my next update!

 

With love,
~Kei-chan <3