Temporary Daddy

"Hello... Daddy?!"

~*~Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

It was a beautiful Saturday morning. We didn’t have work that day, but we left the house early to fetch Junsu’s niece, Yumi. I sat at the driver’s seat and rubbed my eyes sleepily. I really wanted to stay at home and sleep for as long as I can, but I couldn’t refuse a friend’s request especially when it involved children.

Junsu received a call from his cousin in Japan last week. She asked Junsu to accompany Yumi in her family day, since both her parents won’t be able to come because of their work overseas. Yumi lives with her grandparents who are pretty old and can’t really participate that much in activities like family day. So, Yumi’s mother, Young Ae, asked her ‘favorite’ cousin, Junsu to accompany Yumi. Apparently, Junsu’s not very confident with his ‘parenting’ / ‘babysitting’ skills. So, he asked us to go with him so we can help him watch over Yumi.

“Aish… This is so troublesome, hyung… I want to sleep…” Changmin whined and Junsu hit him with Jaejoong’s elephant stuffed toy.

“Aish… It’s for my niece okay? I love Yumi very much so never call her troublesome, evil maknae…” Junsu said, sulking.

I could only laugh as I watched them through the rare view mirror.

It took us a few hours to get to Yumi’s house. Junsu’s aunt and uncle invited us in to have some tea. Yumi came downstairs as soon as she was called. Her hair was pulled back in to a neat braid and she wore a beautiful orange sun dress. She wore a big smile on her face, a smile somewhat identical to Junsu’s.

She gave Junsu a big hug and Junsu carried her in his arms. After finishing our tea, we bade Yumi’s grandparents good bye and we left to go to her school to have some fun time at her family day.
We, as much as possible tried to make the day special for little Yumi. It was kinda hard with all the people staring at us. I guess, you can’t blame them. It’s not every day that you see the five boys of DBSK in a family day. The attention that the people were giving us was a bit distracting, but of course, we knew we had to focus on  having fun with Yumi and making the day special for her.

We joined the games and all, but we took a short break. All the running around and playing with kids made us quite exhausted.

I sat on a chair with Yumi and observed the kids with their parents. I just sat there peacefully, until I noticed a familiar face among the crowd. It was a little boy, sitting on a bench with a sad look on his face.

“Moonbin-ah?” I mumbled as I stood up. I walked towards him to get a closer look and to see if the boy really was Moonbin.

Turns out I was right. It IS him after all.

“Moonbin-ah… Small world… I didn’t know that you study here.” I said as I sat beside him. He turned his attention to me as soon as he heard me talk. His frown faded and immediately turned into a smile.

“Yunho-shii! You’re here!” He exclaimed as he stood up. I gave him a pat on the back and smiled.

Then I felt it again. That odd, but warm feeling in my heart…

“Why are sitting alone by yourself? Why aren’t you joining the others?” I asked worriedly. “Where’s your mom?”

“Mom went to buy me cotton candy. I’m kinda upset, Yunho-shii… I couldn’t join the Kid and Daddy game… well… because…” He sighed as he looked at the ground. He’s face flushed due to embarrassment, but to me there was nothing to be embarrassed about. “Well, you know… I don’t have a dad… and… I’m kinda jealous of the other kids that have one… I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like to have one….”

I felt my heart break a little for the little lad. I don’t know why but I just felt that sudden need to comfort him and give him a hug.

“Well, if it means a lot to you to join that activity…” I began as I stood up and carried him in my arms.  “How about I be your temporary daddy and lets join the activity together?”

His eyes widened and lit up as he smiled. I couldn’t help but smile as well.

“TVXQ’s Uknow Yunho? My temporary daddy?”  He asked, with a hint of excitement in his tone. “That’s awesome!”

I chuckled as I ruffled his hair.

I don’t know why but I feel so happy with this little kid. I mean, I’ve always liked  kids, but the feeling with Moonbin was more special. I felt so protective over him. I didn’t want to see him sad. It was as if I’ve known him for so long…

“Are there any more who would like to join the activity?” The facilitator asked through the microphone.

I put Moonbin down and held his small hand. We walked a bit closer to the stage and we both raised our hands like little kids in a classroom.

“We’d like to join, Sir!” I said with a smile and Moonbin smiled from ear to ear.

If you’d ask me… It felt good to be his temporary daddy. It felt so good that I wished…

I wished that I could be his real daddy and he could be my little Moonbin…

 



A.N. Sorry it took a while… I’ve been kind of busy with college…

I hope you guys liked my update.. .Hihihi Moonbin seems to be really happy with his ‘temporary’  *coughs* real daddy…

hahaha… Oh Yunho… If you only knew the truth… XD

Anyway… I’m encouraging you all to read a one-shot I’ve written recently… It’s called Paper Cranes… It’s a Reader X Yunho fic… :D

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/572191/paper-cranes-oneshot-you-yunho

See Yah on my next update! It's my sembreak already so I guess, I'll be able to have time for updates...
I missed you all and I hope you guys are still reading my fics :3

I'm really sorry for keeping you waiting...

With Love,
~Kei-chan