Reasons...

"Hello... Daddy?!"

Everything in life happens for a reason, no matter how hard or how unfair it may be something better will always come out of it
-Nishan Panwar



~*~ Yunho’s P.O.V.~*~

I saw it again that day, her smile that never fails to warm my cold and empty heart. I smiled to myself as I thought about our recent encounter.

‘ It went well, right?’ I thought as felt my lips curve in to a smile, a smile that was involuntary, unforced and caused by Minjee. I was happy and it was wrong because once again, I’m falling for her. I know it should not be. Things have changed, but my heart hasn’t. I knew she was still the one in spite of the fact that she already has a life of her own, a life where I’m not part of…

It bothered me as well. Why was she with T.O.P. a while ago? Are they… together?

 

Perhaps I’m feeling slightly jealous. I know I have no right. I don’t hold her heart anymore, but I couldn’t help it. They seemed so close to each other. He seems to make her happy. I should be the one in his place. It was wrong but it was how I felt. As selfish and as wrong as it seems, I just HATE seeing them together. It crushed my heart to see her looking at him. I should be the one next to her. I should be the one walking her home. It hurts so much and it was truly wrong. T.O.P is a nice guy. He’s my friend. I shouldn’t think wrongly about him…

“Yah… Jung Yunho… What happened a while ago… It should not happen again, you understand?!” Jaejoong scolded as he slouched comfortably on the passenger’s seat with his hands in front of his chest.

I took a quick glance at him as I stepped on the break for the stop light.

“Look, Jaejoong… I just found the kid and helped him out. He needed me…” I reasoned out as I thought about Moonbin, Minjee’s adorable kid that I’m mysteriously fond of…

“I’m seeing something else… I’m sensing something else… Stop this nonsense, Yunho. Wake up! Wake up before you fall hard again. Just stop it okay!? Don’t be so stupid.” He lectured, slightly raising his voice. I rolled my eyes and cursed under my breath.

“Stop lecturing me. I’m a grown man and you’re not my mom.” I complained as I focused on my driving.

“If you don’t want me to do this, then act like a grown man and stop acting like a love-sick teenager. Pull yourself together, Yunho…” He said.

“Look, we’ve had a long day… I just don’t want to talk about this…” I let out a tired sigh.

“Do you or do you not care about them?” He asked all of a sudden, making me flinch from my seat as I stepped on the break once again, stopping just right in front of our house.

“I’m not having this conversation with you, Kim Jaejoong…” I hissed as I got out of the car.

“Hyungs… Maybe both of you should stop…” Changmin said as he got out of the car along with Junsu and Yoochun.

 

“You guys need to chill out…” Yoochun pointed out as he raised his arms in surrender.

“Please don’t fight…” Junsu begged worriedly, but Jaejoong is too stubborn to drop the  conversation and lose to me.

“Just answer the question!”

“So what if I do?! It wouldn’t change the fact that I’m hurting deep down inside! It wouldn’t change the way I feel about her! It doesn’t matter if I do or do not care. It doesn’t matter if tell the truth or choose to deny it, because either way, I’m hurting inside. Up to now, I’m still wondering why she left. Up to now, I still couldn’t get my thoughts right.” I retorted and everyone went silent as I pushed the keys to the keyhole and opened our door. I walked out and they said nothing else.


 




~*~Your  P.O.V.~*~

I woke up with a heavy head and a tear-stained face. I rubbed my eyes as I forced myself to sit up straight. I combed my fingers through my hair and stood up to fix my bed. I looked at myself in the mirror and I looked terrible. All the crying last night has made my eyes red and puffy. It drained the energy out of me.  I decided to wash my face to get rid of the dirt and trace of tears I had last night.
I wiped my face with a towel and made sure that there was no evidence that I had been crying last night. I didn’t want to get Moonbin and the girls worried.

I did my daily routine of preparing breakfast and cleaning the house. After I was finished with the chores I called everyone to eat and checked, Moonbin’s reminder notebook to make sure that he has done everything that he should do for school.  I turned each page and check his other notebooks to check if he missed something or didn’t follow an instruction. Fortunately, he did everything correctly. He’s very responsible. It was a relief that he’s working hard in school.

“Aigoo,  my baby’s very smart and responsible…” I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

I was about to put his things back in his back pack, when a paper fell from his notebook. I took it and unfolded it. It seemed pretty important. It was one of those letters with reply slips that the school gives out to parents. It looks pretty important, so I read it.

It was about a family day happening in two weeks. The reply was to be passed in  two days. I looked at Moonbin with the letter in my hand.

 

“Moonbin, why didn’t you give me this letter soon?” I asked him and he looked at me innocently.

“This letter about your family day, don’t you want to come?” I clarified and his eyes widened in shock, as though he didn’t want me to see the letter.

“Where did you get that?” He asked as he stood up from his seat and tried to snatch it way from me.

“You’re supposed to give this to me, dear…” I told him and he sat down again and shrugged. He looked down and refused to look at me.


“We can go if you want to.” I told him as I gently placed my thumb under his chin and turned his head to face me. “It will be fun…”

“I don’t want to go…” He simply answered and I looked at him, puzzled.

“Waeyo?” I asked.  “ We should go. It’s not every day that you get to go to activities like this, besides, when you grow up, you’ll miss stuff like this!”

“Your mom’s right Moonbin-ah! Family days are fun!” Fei said, convincing him to go.

“I don’t feel like it…” He answered as he looked away. I could feel something fishy… I knew he was lying. He had a deeper reason.

“Why baby? Don’t you want to spend time with Eomma?” I asked, pouting childishly.

“ I just don’t want to go to this stupid family day!”He retorted, giving me a shock. Tears started to pool in his eyes as he stood up from his seat. He wiped his tears with his pajama top sleeve and I placed my hands on his shoulders.

“Now, now, dear, tell eomma what’s bothering you…” I told him in a calm manner and he sobbed.

“I don’t wanna go because… My family’s not complete. If I go I’ll see the other kids with their daddies and I’ll get jealous again. I’ll be upset because I don’t have one. It’s not fair…” He told me honestly. The girls kept silent and looked at him sadly.

“Moonbin-ah… Don’t be upset… There are just different kinds of families… There’s some with only one parent present and there are those with both…” Min said as he approached him to give him a hug.

“I want a daddy…”He sobbed. “I want someone who can play cars and boy stuff with me. I want someone who can help my mommy take care of me. I want someone who can beat up all those kids who bully me. I want a dad so that, my classmates won’t pick on me anymore for not having one… Eomma… where’s my daddy? Why did he leave? Does he love me? Did he leave us because he doesn’t want me? Are you upset with me because he left you because of me? Am I an unwanted kid?”

“Baby, that’s not true… That’s not true… Daddy… he…. Well he… He loves you, but he just can’t be with us just yet…” I said as tears started to fall from my eyes. “Besides, you have mommy right?  I… I can be your daddy while he’s gone. I can play with you. I can give you anything you want. I’m not upset with you… Who ever gave you that idea? I love you so much and your dad… he’s not here but it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t love you… Don’t ever think that way, Moonbin-ah… You are very precious to me and I’m sure if he’s here, he’d say the same thing…”


“My classmates told me that, kids with no daddies don’t have daddies because their daddies don’t want them…” He sobbed and I hugged him tight.

“Baby, don’t ever believe them… That’s not true…” I told him he cried on my shoulder. “That’s not true… Your daddy loves you… So no matter what other people say, don’t hate your daddy, because there’s a reason why he isn’t here with us. When you grow up you’ll understand, okay?”

 



A.N. Awww, poor family… I got teary eyed while writing about Moonbin’s feelings. I was thinking about my classmates who never got to meet their dad and thought how life can be unfair. I just realized while writing this, that I’m very fortunate to have my dad. Aigoo…  It just makes me sad, thinking about the reality of our world… But I guess, things happen for a reason…

Anyway… take care of your parents, arasso?

Hope you liked the update and the new poster… I’ve been having fun editing pics in adobe photoshop touch… It’s easier to edit with my brother’s Samsung Note 10.1 J hahaha… But I think I’ll be changing the poster again since, there’s a lot going on in it and it looks kinda messy…

With love,
Kei-chan