Saying Goodbye

Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Mrs Kim ~~~~~. Time of death, 0345 hours. Date of death, eighteenth of September. Age, 24," the doctor that led your operation recorded into the voice recorder. He took one last glance at you and then took a deep breath. *Time to tell her family…* He trudged out of the surgery room with heavy footsteps and faced Infinite.

Infinite didn't take any notice of him but jumped to their feet as they heard him clear his throat. "Doctor!" they all crowded around him, eyes puffy from crying and their voices shaken from the shock.

The doctor took a deep breath and sighed. He looked to the ground and bowed as low as he could, "I'm sorry."

Infinite's life stopped temporarily and crumbled to the floor. None of them knew what to say, what to do but just sit on the cold and sterile floor looking like zombies. The doctor's voice filled them, "You can go see her one at a time but only a few minutes each." With that, the doctor headed back to his office, tears welling in his own eyes from his loss.

"I-I'll go first," Sunggyu nodded, his leader instincts taking control once again. He entered the room and found a pale, lifeless you. "Baby?" he whispered your name. "Baby?" he said a little louder. He found it hard to believe you were gone, like every other member waiting to meet the lifeless you. He leaned over your pale face and pressed his ear next to your mouth. "It's not funny anymore," Sunggyu looked at you angrily. "It's not funny!" his voice could be heard from outside. He didn't know what else to do but stand there, looking at you.

"Hyung," Woohyun stepped in, it's my turn now. Sunggyu shrugged off Woohyun and stormed outside. Woohyun took a step close to you. "My wife," Woohyun's eyes welled with tears. "Open your eyes for me," he lightly shook you as your head fell limply back. "~~~~-ah?" Woohyun leaned in and tried to heard your breathing but felt nothing. He could still smell your sweet perfume and his tears fell uncontrollably. "Why?!"

"Hyung!" Sungjong ran to your side when he saw Woohyun shaking you a bit too hard. "You're going to hurt ~~~~!" Sungjong took you protectively in his arms. "It's my turn now hyung. Go to Sunggyu hyung to fill in some forms," Sungjong looked down at you lovingly. "You'll wake up soon right? Then we can have our special honeymoon night," Sungjong smiled tearfully at you. "The world isn't fair right cutie?" Sungjong laid you down and pulled the covers up to your chin. "I should get going cutie. When you wake up, remember to go to Sunggyu hyung's hut first okay? I'm last but I'll still love you as much as whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter