I Hate Valentine's Day!

Lovely Complex

After a long day of practice, Wooyoung and IU walked up the stairs towards the dorm.

"Aish... I keep freezing every time I forget the next move." IU clicked her tongue in disappointment.

Wooyoung slightly chuckled. "Well tomorrow is already February 14th. You have to work hard."

February 14?! She freezed at the thought of it.

Noticing, he began to get curious. "What's wrong?"

Waving both her hands in front of her, she giggled nervously. "Nothing, nothing. Ne... February 14, hahaha..."

"Annyeong!" Nichkhun greeted the two from the front of the dorm.

~*~

"Hmm..." Later that night, IU was deep in thought. Shutting her eyes closed, she began to recollect memories from her past. "For an average looking girl, the worst day of the year is here again. Who's the pabo that created Valentine's Day?" After rolling up her sleeves, she tied an apron around her waist.

[A/N: By the way, even if IU is so-so at everything, she does have one specialty. And what's that?]

IU cracked an egg while whisking, stirred constantly, poured precisely, and popped her concoction into the oven. Once she heard a 'ding,' she set it at the table, beaming with pride at her perfection. She clasped her hands in happiness. "Here! Done! IU's special valentine chocolate cake with over 100 ingredients and even almonds!" She smirked. "Hohoho... Because I never received any chocolate before, I make my own chocolate every year." Raising her cake high, she shouted in success, "My skill can easily match any real chefs! Let's see who can laugh at me this time!"

[A/N: ... Pabo]

~*~

The next day, February 14, the sun was shining brightly at 2PM's dorm.

"Hmm...?" Hearing noise from the kitchen, Wooyoung popped his head inside. He smiled as he saw who it was. "Chansungie, what are you doing?"

"Wahhh!" Startled, Chansung dropped the bowl in his hands.

Just in the nick of time, Wooyoung caught the falling bowl. "Be careful!" Regaining his posture, he sighed.

"Gomawoyo, hyung."

"Bwo?" Looking inside the bowl, Wooyoung tilted his head. "What's this? Chocolate?"

Chansung looked down and began to fidget with his whisk. "T- Today is Valentine's Day. I want... err... It's almost time for her debut... I want to cheer her up..."

"Oh... For that pabo?" Chansung's face instantly turned beet red, quickly answering Wooyoung's question. Hmm... For IU? Weird... Getting a cup of water, he laughed. "There's a small chance that pabo won't get any... She should be happy."

Cooling down, Chansung's eyes widened. "Huh? Hyung... Aren't you going to give her chocolates?"

The question got Wooyoung flustered and almost made him drop his cup. Quickly turning to Chansung, Wooyoung asked in panic, "Why on earth would I do that?"

Chansung slightly backed away. "Because you two are always together...?"

"Chansungie, it's not like that! I'm just teaching her how to dance since I'm her sunbae. I have nothing to do with her." Waving his hands frantically, Wooyoung's cheeks began to turn red. "Why would I give her chocolates?!"

Chansung sighed in relief "Is that so? That's nice."

Wooyoung arched his eyebrow. "Bwo?"

"A- A- Aniyo! That's not what I meant!"

"Calm down, Chansungie!" Breathing out, Wooyoung showed a small smile. "I understand what you meant. I'm not good at cooking, so I can't help you, but good luck."

"Gomawoyo!" Chansung's face lit up, and he quickly went back to work.

He really is trying hard... Wooyoung's smile faltered, and he began to zone out. Come to think of it, I've always been concentrating on music ever since I debuted... I never thought about Valentine's Day at all... His eyes shot open. What the hell am I thinking? It's 10 days until my debut. Who cares... Work, work, work... He quickly walked back to his room to work more.

~*~

After a long day of practice, IU walked up the stairs to the dorm. She clicked her tongue, smirking at the thought of her day. She spoke to herself, "Aish... JR-ssi kept showing off the chocolates he got, but thanks to this fake chocolate cake, I get off the hook every year. Hehe" Sighing, she opened the door to the dorm. Still, I want the real thing... Eating this alone... Again...

Chansung peeked his head out and saw the door opening. She's back! Looking at the wrapped box in his hand, he shook in anxiety. It's almost time to debut... Hope she'll work hard after this...

"Calm down, Chansungie!" Wooyoung whispered in encouragement.

Chansung nodded his head in response, and began to walk towards her. "IU-"

"Annyeong!" Jun.K walked up to IU with a big smile. "You're back, IU!"

"Ah!" Chansung quickly turned around to a wall. "Time to dust the place..." A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung's forehead.

IU smiled to Jun.K. "What's up, Jun.K-ssi!"

"Here's the chocolate!" Jun.K flashed a toothy grin.

"Bwoyo? Daebak!" Biting her quivering lip, her eyes began to well up in tears of joy. "Really, Jun.K-ssi?! This is the first time I got a chocolate from a guy!" Looking at her hand, she stared at the tiny piece of chocolate that is usually worth 10 cents in a grocery store. She suddenly became speechless. "..."

With his toothy grin unwavering, Jun.K whipped out a magazine catalog. "Remember to give me these in return for my kindness! I want this jacket, and this watch, and this-"

"Yah!" Sighing, she stared back to the chocolate in her hands. "Daebak... The first chocolate (even though it's only 10 cents...)"

Laughing, Jun.K walked away. "Work hard!"

Chansung's eyes widened as he began to panic. That's her first chocolate! Aish... Should've given mine to her... Okay! Feeling driven, he began to walk towards her. "I-"

"Annyeong IU! Chocolate! Eat this!" Taecyeon shoved a huge block of chocolate in IU's mouth.

Her eyes shot open. "Wahhhhh!"

Wooyoung sighed at the missed opprotunity... again.

"Wahhhh~ Hot!" IU began to fan her tongue. "What on earth is this?"

"Curry flavored chocolate from Nichkhun and I," Taecyeon innocently responded.

"Curry?!"

"It's valentine's chocolate. Nichkhun made the chocolate and I added curry." He smiled at her.

Aish... Even he beat me to it. Chansung watched from afar again. Ok... This time! Coming out of hiding, he stepped out. "I-"

"IU!" Junho crossed his arms.

"Annyeong haseyo, Junho-ssi," IU greeted.

Averting his gaze, he began to explain hiimself, "Well, since you're the manager and I'm one of the members you take care of... Well, it's just a simple matter of manners and stuff, nothing more..."

She tilted her head in confusion. "Bwoyo?"

"Here you go." He handed her a bag.

"Wha..." twitched. "What's that?"

"What the?" Getting irritated of not appreciating his gift, he began to get angry. "It's instant chocolate mix!"

Unable to hold it in anymore, she bursted out laughing. "It's just chocolate powder!"

His face turned bright pink. "Who cares?! After you eat it, what's the difference?!!"

"That's not the point!"

"Yah, shut up!"

"Err... About..." Chansung began to falter as his voice continued to be drowned out.

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung's forehead. Chansungie...

~*~

In Wooyoung's room, Chansung lay on the floor. He sighed. "Ahh... I think I'll just give up. IU received lots of chocolate already. She looks content."

But she didn't accept it willingly... Wooyoung forced a smile. "It's just bad timing. There's still tonight."

"Yeah, but I just have bad luck like last time at my birthday..." Sitting up, Chansung looked down at his chocolate. "I think I'll just throw it away."

"I know, Chansungie!" Quickly stopping him, Wooyoung smiled warmly at him. "I'll go with you. Let's go together, okay?"

~*~

In her room, IU sat down with her cake on her table. She crossed her arms in deep thought. "Even if it's nice to receive chocolate for the first time... This is just weird..." Giggling, she looked at her cake. "Well, looks like I won't have use for this fake chocolate. Might be a good thing." Picking it up, she began to head out of her room. Better throw it away before someone sees it. When she opened the door, her eyes widened.

Chansung and Wooyoung stood right outside of her room. Turning red, Chansung began to panic. "Here... IU this..." Shutting his eyes closed, he extended his chocolate box towards her. "Here's a little something. Please accept it!"

She tilted her head. "Bwoyo?"

Chansung's eyes shot open when he saw the chocolate cake in her hands. Wow... What an amazing chocolate cake! I can't match that! Quickly hiding the box behind his back, he ran away. "M- Mian!"

"Yah, Chansungie!" Wooyoung called back at him.

"Huh?" A sweat drop formed on IU's forehead. "B- Bwo?"

"Yah!" Wooyoung turned to her and pointed towards Chansung's direction. "Chansungie made that chocolate!"

"Bwo...?" Her eyes widened. "Jinjjayo?!"

"Can't you treat him nicely?" He grabbed her shoulder and began shaking her. "Say something nice? Embrace him or something?"

"Ani-"

Raising his voice, he continued, "Showing off with another chocolate?! You pabo!"

"Argh-"

"Can't you understand a guy's feeling you moron?!" He began to stretch her cheeks.

"Wahh!" she screamed in agony. What in the world is going on?!!

~*~

Chansung stood on the ledge of the roof of the dorm, under the moonlight.  Sighing, he looked at the box of chocolates in his hands. "After seeing that, I can't give this away." Pouting, he crouched and hid his face in his arms. "I'm never gonna give a girl chocolate ever agian."

"Chansung-ssi!" IU ran to the roof along with Wooyoung right behind her.

Quickly standing up, Chansung turned around. "Manager?"

"Aniyo! Don't kill yourself!" Catching her breath, she began to expalin, "This... This chocolate is..."

"What's all the noise?" Nichkhun walked up with everyone else following behind.

IU quickly turned to face them in panic. "Bwo?" Scrunching her eyebrows, she bit her lower lip in agony. Aish! An audience? Why is everyone here? If I tell the truth, they'll...

"Go away!" Chansung cried as he shook his head furiously.

"Calm down and get over here first, Chansung-ssi!" IU called.

Wooyoung began to panic. "Don't die!"

"Daebak! Where did this amazing chocolate cake come from?" Jun.K asked.

Taecyeon chimed in, "A really cool guy must've made that!"

Chansung's heart dropped at the sight. A strong gust suddenly came, making him lose his footing. IU's eyes widened. "Aniyo!" By instinct, IU reached and grabbed Chansung's wrist, but since he's way too big for her, they both began to fall. Luckily, the rest of 2PM, excluding Taecyeon, grabbed IU and pulled the two back to safety; Taecyeon caught the chocolate box.

Everyone was all sprawled on the floor. With IU on top of Chansung, he turned pink. "Uh... Manager."

"Mianheyo," IU sat up as she apologized. Turning pink, she looked down. "Chansung-ssi... This chocolate is..." Chansung arched an eyebrow in confusion. Shutting her eyes closed, she clenched both fists shut. "This chocolate is something I cooked up to show off to the other people at the company! I made it myself!"

"..." Everyone watched her in silence.

"Bwo?" Wooyoung broke the silence. "Made it yourself... You made this?"

IU nodded her head, making everyone scoff.

Wooyoung couldn't hold it in anymore, and bursted out laughing. "Bwo?!!" Everyone joined in the laughter. Jun.K and Taecyeon laughed as loud as Wooyoung, Nichkhun and Chansung tried to hold in their laughter or looked away to be polite, and Junho shook his head in disapproval.

IU held her chest, as if she had been shot. "Just as I expected..."

"Mianhe, manager. It was my fault..." With pink cheeks, Chansung gave her the box of chocolate. "Please accept this chocolate. Good luck on your debut, manager."

B with tears, IU looked at him gratefully. "Gomawoyo, Chansung-ssi."

When she unwrapped the box, it revealed a broken heart that said 'Successful Debut.' A sweat dropped formed on Wooyoung's and IU's forehead at the sight. It broke...

Chansung began to panic. "Wahhhhh~ Mianhe! What should I do..." He began flailing his arms.

Nichkhun tried calming him down. "Don't worry. Gwenchana. It's all the same after you eat it."

IU took a piece of the chocolate and put it in . "Tastes great, Chansung-ssi!"

Calming down, Chansung faced her with pink cheeks. "Preparing for your debut must be really hard... 10 days left... Jebal... Try your best."

~*~

Once everything calmed down, IU and Wooyoung were studying composition in Wooyoung's room.

"It's all your fault. What a weird night," Wooyoung commented, breaking the silence.

Stopping her work, IU quickly looked up at him. "Mianheyo..."

"Oh yeah... almost forgot...."

She tilted her head in confusion.

"Here you go." Resting his chin on one of his hand, his cheeks turned slightly pink as he looked away, trying to look nonchalant. With his other hand, he extended his hand out to her, revealing a little package. "It's my turn to give chocolate."

"Daebak..." IU's face brightened, as her cheeks turned pink as well. "For me?"

"I'll tell you right away, it's just instant mix, nothing special." Covering his mouth with the one that he was resting his chin on, he muttered, "And besides... Since everyone gave you one, I had to do something too. That's all."

The smile on her face couldn't go away. "Gomawoyo, Wooyoung-ssi!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Continue studying."

[A/N: Happy Valentine's Day to the cute 2PM + Manager IU family!! Their debut is coming closer!!!]