A Journey of Sorrow and Youth

Lovely Complex

"From Seoul to Icheon train is now boarding..." The announcement could be heard throughout the station.

IU walked forward and hit her head right on the train. An elderly janitor chuckled. "Excuse me miss, the door isn't over there."

"Aigoo..." Rubbing her forehead in embarrassment, she put her thick glasses on and walked inside the train. Finding a seat in the empty train, she took out a small booklet. I decided to write in a diary starting today. I'll forget about everything that occurred before yesterday! Relax at Icheon and maybe feel better too. She sighed as she looked out the window. "But I really don't have anything good to write about..." Earlier I had a fight with Wooyoung... and my debut went horrible... Remembering last night's events made her irritated. "Whatever! He's waaay older than me and isn't cute at all!" She began to flail in her seat out of frustration. After a while, she got exhausted. Placing a hand on her chest, she began to catch her breath. I should just calm down and sleep until Icheon... Suddenly, she thought of Wooyoung smiling brightly at her, making her cheeks flush pink. She scoffed, trying to brush away the image. Aigoo... I don't want to see someone like you ever again! Sighing once more, she took off her glasses and placed her open diary over her face.

~*~

A man wearing metal frames walked in with a baseball hat and a mask on. "14th car, 14C..." He murmured to himself as he pushed his frames down to read his train ticket. "It's here. Bwo?" A sweat dropped formed on his forehead when he saw a girl sitting next to the window sound asleep with a book completely on her face. The car is so empty, yet I happen to sit next to someone... Oh well. "That's good the train is completely empty. I don't have to hide anymore." The man took off his hat, mask and glasses. "I got these glasses as a disguise but who knew that these are actually prescription glasses? I can't see anything with them on." He sighed. "My eyesight is just going to get worse." He took out a book and a pencil. I'll just keep writing in my journal. I have a lot of time anyways. He began to write:

March 11th.

Didn't debut as well as I wanted to.

[A/N: Did you guess who it is already?]

Wooyoung instantly got irritated at the thought of it. His pencil snapped in half from gripping it too hard. It's all because of IU... No doubt! It's all because of her! If I hadn't helped her so much, I could've concentrated more on preparing myself! That pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Calming down, his eyes widened. Oh yeah, I have to make a phone call to the 2PM dorm since I just left without telling everyone. Putting his disguise back on, he stood up and walked to the back to not disturb the sleeping passenger.

~*~

"Omo!" IU flinched awake, as she put her hand over her chest to calm it down. "I'm even thinking of him in my dreams..." She clicked her tongue in disappointment. "Why am I still thinking about him? I can't believe I dreamed of him yelling at me... Ah!" Her eyes widened with realization. "I should call 2PM. If they call the police, it'll get ugly."

~*~

"Yoboseyo? It's me, is that you Wooyoungie?" Taecyeon happily answered the phone in the dorm. "Bwo? Super express? Is that tasty?"

Quickly rushing over to the phone, Nichkhun pushed Taecyeon aside. "Wooyoung? Where are you right now? What's the meaning of this note?"

"I wanted to get away for a while..." Wooyoung replied. "I'm on the super express train right now."

"You're going on a trip?" Nichkhun asked in disbelief as he reread Wooyoung's note that just said:

Please don't follow me.

-Wooyoung

"How'd your debut stage go? We had to leave early to prepare your celebration that YOU TWO DIDN'T ATTEND!"

Wooyoung sighed. "Don't worry. I'll tell everyone what happened... Or you guys might just hear news from it already. I'm going to Icheon. Mmm... Maja..." He leaned against the wall as he listened to Nichkhun's lecture with a bitter smile.

~*~

"Got it." On the other side of the wall, IU reached the phone. "Bwo?" She tilted her head as she looked inside her wallet. "I don't have a phone card. Aigoo, I don't have change either..." She rummaged through her pockets.

"Bwo?" Hearing the girl struggle from the other side of the wall, he reached out from around the wall. "I'm not using this phone card. If you don't mind, use this."

"Omo? Thank you!" Taking the phone card, she held it dearly almost in tears from gratefulness. Aigoo, there's good people in this world after all.

~*~

Wooyoung continued his phone call. "That's all...  I'm just informing you. Don't worry."

"What do you mean don't worry?" Nichkhun asked astounded.

"Bye!"

"Wait!" Nichkhun heard the dial tone. "Yoboseyo?"

"Wooyoung-hyung... How's he doing?" Chansung, and everyone else, ran towards Nichkhun.

Sighing, Nichkhun put the phone away. "I don't know either. He seems fine and he's going to Icheon. But I think I heard IU?"

The last part got drowned out as the phone rang loudly again. Taecyeon quickly picked it up and smiled. "This number doesn't exist-"

Shocked, Chansung got the rice cooker and hit Taecyeon's head with it, so he could retrieve the phone. Junho just shook his head while he looked at Taecyeon while Chansung answered the phone. "Yoboseyo? This is Chansung." His eyes widened. "Bwo? This is IU? Everyone's worried about you!"

"What's the big deal?" Taecyeon chuckled as he rubbed his head.

Completely ignoring him, Chansung continued, "Please come back soon!"

"Mianheyo, Chansung. I'm on the super express train to Icheon right now," IU responded.

"Bwo? Super express again? Are you by yourself?"

"Ne, I wanted to take a vacation. But I've already... with Wooyoung..." Suddenly she heard the dial tone. "Bwo? There's hardly any minutes on this phone card!"

~*~

On the other side, Chansung was panicking. "I- IU! What do you mean?! What do you mean you've already with hyung?!!"

"They both called from super express? And they're both going to Icheon?" Jun.K asked. "Could this be... A romantic getaway?!"

"A romantic g- getaway?" Chansung started to feel faint.

"Oh no!" Jun.K began to panic.

Not familiar with the Korean term, Taecyeon scratched the back of his head in confusion. "Is a getaway tasty?"

~*~

Wooyoung walked out of the back of the train first with trouble. He stumbled a bit on his way out. It's so hard to walk with these glasses.

IU followed him out a few minutes after. Bwo? The guy lent me his phone card... I should go thank him... Getting a good look at his back, she began to get that big goofy grin. Is he traveling by himself? He looks cute! Well he's much different from that violent guy I know! The guy from my memory should give me this kind of feeling too! I wonder where he is right now... "Omo!"

"Wa!"

IU tripped, bumping into Wooyoung's back. Because of the collision, her glasses fell. Aish, where's my glasses? She began to search the ground.

Looking at the blurred figure scavenging the ground, Wooyoung apologized, "Mianheyo. I was standing in the way..." Is she the person from earlier?

She looked up at him. "Mianheyo... Thanks for lending me your phone card."

"No problem... Gwenchanayo?"

"Aigoo it's nothing. I lost my glasses..." She trailed off as she began to search for them again.

"I'm really sorry..." After a moment, his cheeks began to turn pink. "Excuse me, but are you traveling alone?"

"Ne, with no specific purpose. I'm just going around..."

"So... You too?" He chuckled as he helped her up. "I ran into something stressful so I wanted to travel alone."

"I see! I was deceived by some pabo in Seoul! He made me pretty miserable!"

"Jinjjayo? Honestly, I was with some pabo too who made me pretty miserable!"

"Our situations are very similar huh?" She giggled.

"Ne!" He joined in the laughter and smiled at her. She seems like a nice girl!

She smiled back at him. I feel pretty good conversing with this guy whom I never met before!

"So where are you headed?"

"I'm going to Icheon."

"Jinjjayo? I'm going to Icheon too!"

"Bwoyo? What a coincidence!" Her face brightened

"Ne!"

How did the situation suddenly become so happy! Aigoo~ Seeing something from her peripherals, she bent down. "I think I see my glasses- YAAA!" Losing her footing, she began to fall.

He quickly tried to catch her. "W- Watch out!" He turned bright pink as her whole body was on top of him. "Waa... Wait a minute!"

Her head landed above his shoulder so they didn't face each other. Even though this is a blessing in her eyes, she was still embarrassed. "Omo! M- Mianheyo!" She quickly stood up and turned the other way. "I'm really sorry!" She put on her glasses.

"I should be apologizing!" He took off his glasses because he couldn't handle the sight anymore. He was getting too dizzy. "My eyesight isn't very good with these glasses on. I can't see a thing. I'm really sorry."

When IU turned around, the two pabos stood in shock staring at each other.

"Next stop is Icheon, Icheon," the train conductor announced.

"W- W- Woo..." Her eyes widened as she pointed a trembling finger at him.

Turning bright red, he started pinching her cheeks hard. "What the hell are you doing? Why are you here? What's this 'being tricked by some pabo in Seoul'?"

"Bwo..." Angry tears began to well up in her eyes. "That's what I was about to say! Don't pretend to be innocent! You were the one that showed up in my life!"

Once the train stopped, they both faced opposite directions and walked away from each other

~*~

At the east mountain of Icheon, IU sighed as she finally reached her room. "How unlucky... I walked the complete opposite direction of my hotel." She took out her diary and began to write:

March 11th,

I don't know why, but on the first day of my travel I met that violent guy...

"... Am I fated to meet him?" Giggling, she closed her book. "Nevermind... I won't meet him again anyways." Leaning on the windowsill, she inhaled the fresh air. So, what to do from now on...

The window right next to hers opened. Wooyoung popped his head out and inhaled the fresh air. Time for a bath in the outdoor springs.

[A/N: Aigoo... Our two pabos. I love them but... *sigh* ahaha Let's see the fate that awaits these two on this trip!]