Firework Kiss

Lovely Complex

Under the moonlight, lanterns lit up a plaza full of food, games, and shopping stands. Taking a bite of cotton candy, Jinyoung smiled as he walked. “We’re so lucky that there’s a local festival going on. They’re going to hold fireworks as well. Hm?” He turned to see IU sigh as she walked beside him. Swinging an arm around her shoulder, he laughed. “What’s with the sigh? Lighten up!”

She seethed through her clenched teeth. “It’s your fault that Wooyoung thinks I have a crush on you- Omo!”

He popped a piece of cotton candy in , as he gave an apologetic smile. “I said I was sorry. I’ll make it right somehow…”

Her cheeks turned pink from how thoughtful he was, as she savored the flavor of the cotton candy. How sweet.

Getting upbeat again, he pushed her from behind. "Let’s hurry up and meet up with everyone so we can enjoy the festival!”


Wooyoung sighed as he walked with the rest of 2PM, Tiffany, and Seok-hyeon. I shouldn’t have stormed off… Stupid alcohol. He punished himself, rubbing his temples. As he put his hands down, he pouted. … but why did she have to mention Jinyoung when she and I were finally alone?

“You’re late you two.” Jun.K happily waved at the ones who just arrived.

Wow… His eyes widened when he saw IU. Her hair was tied up, and she wore a pastel pink off-shoulder top tucked into a white mini-skirt.

Jinyoung walked up from behind her and apologized. “Sorry, hyung. IU and I took a quick detour for some sweets.” Winking at her, she blushed.

The sight made Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitch. What’s with those two?

“Ah!” Spotting Wooyoung, IU ran up to him. “Umm, Wooyoung, about yesterday-“ He scoffed and turned away. A sweat drop formed on her forehead as her head hung low. He’s still angry.

“Anything wrong, Wooyoung?” Tiffany asked as she spritzed her breath spray.

Flustered, his cheeks turned pink as he forced a smile. “No, nothing really.”

“Whaa~ Tiffany’s here! She’s so pretty in person!” Jinyoung noted to a depressed IU.

“Why are you here?” Nichkhun asked Tiffany with an expressionless face.

She smiled at him. “My fan-meet up tomorrow is around here and I wanted to come check it out but then I bumped into Wooyoung.”

Jun.K looked at Nichkhun. Whaa~ This is the first time I’ve seen Nichkhun kind of hostile or act different towards someone.


As the festival went on, they stopped at a shooting range where they have to shoot down whatever prize they want. Nichkhun and Tiffany stood side-by-side as they shot multiple prizes down.

“Wow, mama, you rule!” Seok-hyeon cheered as he ran to her side.

Petting his head, Tiffany handed him the stuffed animal she won. “I’ve always been a good shot.”

Junho walked up to the gamekeeper. “I don’t like guns. I’ll just use these chopsticks instead.”

The gamekeeper looked at Junho skeptically. “Huh?”

Holding a chopstick between each finger, Junho looked at his targets. “Ha!” He precisely hit each prize right on the center. Everyone looked in awe and shock.

“Junho strikes again,” Taecyeon laughed as he happily took all the snacks that were won and started munching on them.

Junho put all the prizes in a bag. “Just about.”

This isn’t normal… A sweat drop formed on IU’s forehead as she watched everything.

“Here,” Jinyoung said as he handed her a stuffed animal with a smile. “Lighten up."

“Omo…” IU’s eyes widened, but her face turned into disgust once she grabbed the stuffed animal and got a good look at it; it looked like a cross-eyed squid doll. Sighing, she giggled, “I guess it’s cute in its own way.”

Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitched at the interaction. Winning a stuffed bear, he smiled. “Here, Tiffany-noona, this is for you.”

Tiffany happily accepted it. “Thank you, Wooyoung.”

Once Wooyoung got IU’s attention, he smirked at her, making her bite her lower lip with anger and jealousy.

“Hey, you and Tiffany make a nice pair,” Taecyeon said as he slung his arm around Wooyoung.

“What are you saying, hyung?” Wooyoung laughed nervously as he pushed Taecyeon away. Wooyoung turned to Tiffany. “Right?”

Tiffany just laughed along, making IU irritated even more.

“Let’s go try the game over there,” Wooyoung said to Tiffany, as he pointed at the direction.

Tiffany tilted her head. “What about IU and the others?”

“Why do you mention IU?” he forced a laugh.

“Well because-“

“Don’t worry about her,” he abruptly cut her off. “Don’t you think anybody who flirts with any guy after confessing their feelings must be scum?”

IU felt like she got stabbed from the harsh words. A sweat drop formed on Tiffany’s forehead as she let out an uneasy laugh. “Who are you talking about?”

He laughed. “I’m just saying. Anyway, no need for concern over that stupid, byuntae pabo.”

Aish! IU clenched her teeth. That Wooyoung keeps talking! “Jinyoung!” She turned to face Jinyoung with a sparkle of determination in her eye.

Jinyoung’s eyes widened from the sudden look. “N- Ne?!”

“Let’s look around together.”

He raised an eyebrow in confusion. “But what about Wooyoung-hyung?”

She forced a laugh out. “What about him? No need to worry.” Scoffing, she peered at Wooyoung. “Someone who can’t listen to apologies or resorts to violence isn’t worth it.”

“You say what?” Wooyoung asked, irritated.

Ignoring him, IU linked arms with Jinyoung. “Off we go, Jinyoungie~”

“Fun,” Wooyoung scoffed. He grabbed Tiffany and put a smile on. “Let’s go, Tiffany-noona~”

“Ne,” Tiffany replied.

Taecyeon and Chansung watched them split ways, while Nichkhun kept Seok-hyeon busy by feeding him snacks from different vendors. Junho crossed his arms. “They’re not in good moods, are they.”

Jun.K sighed. “I wonder what happened? They were fine earlier at work.”


What’s with Woo-oppa? IU pouted as she on a popsicle. He won’t even bother trying to listen to me.

“Lots on your mind?” Jinyoung asked as he ate beside her.

Snapping out of her reverie, she forced a giggle. “Sorry, it’s nothing.”

Alright! Let’s get her mind off things! Pointing at a random booth, he smiled. “Let’s try here next!"

“It’s a haunted house.” A sweat drop formed on her forehead. “Are you sure?”


“Wow, it looks so realistic,” IU said as she looked around inside the haunted house.

Jinyoung looked around with tears already b his eyes. Why did I point to this? I don’t like scary things. “Wah!” He jumped and latched onto IU once something popped out.

“Omo,” IU’s cheeks turned pink from the sudden closeness.

“Sorry!” he apologized as he backed away.

“You’re frightened easily, huh?" She giggled. “Wahhh!” she screamed as two figures popped in front of her. Realizing that it’s Wooyoung and Tiffany, she pouted. “Aigoo, it’s only you two. Don’t scare me like that!”

Jinyoung was having a panic attack behind her, while Tiffany giggled apologetically. Wooyoung asked IU, “What are you two doing here alone?”

“What about you? Don’t follow us,” she stuck her tongue out.

He scoffed as he walked ahead with Tiffany. “You’re the one following us."

“You two are always on good terms,” Tiffany giggled.

He pouted. “What do you mean?”

“Ohh, what’s this?” Jinyoung finally smiled as he saw this cute tiny bear in a box.

IU looked at it as well. “Hm?”

“WAAH!” Jinyoung hugged IU as a ghost popped out of the box the bear was in. IU’s cheeks turned pink from how tight he was holding her.

Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitched as he looked back at them. “Yah, IU, don’t do anything to him!”

Jinyoung quickly let go of IU, as she stomped towards Wooyoung. “What do you mean ‘do something’?”

“Quit trying so hard!”

“WAAHHH!”

Four figures popped out, making Jinyoung pass out and Tiffany finally jump from fright. Wooyoung and IU clung to each other as they yelled and screamed.

“Surprise!” Jun.K chuckled. Junho and Chansung took off their scary props.

Taecyeon stuck his tongue out. “Keep fighting and you’ll attract real demons.”

Wooyoung’s and IU’s cheeks turned bright pink from how they stood. They both looked at each other, as her arms were around his waist and his arms wrapped around her. His heart started to beat fast. Why am I feeling this way? He gently pulled away from her and looked at her eyes.

She looked back at him, however everyone surrounding a body quickly caught her attention. “Omo! Jinyoung! Gwenchana?” She ran towards Jinyoung’s side as he lay passed out on the ground.

Clearing his throat, Wooyoung grabbed Tiffany’s wrist. “L- Let’s go noona.”

As she was getting dragged away, Tiffany clapped in amazement. “Ha ha, but I was scared there. 10 out of 10.”

A sweat drop formed on Jun.K’s forehead as he watched the two walk away. “I guess our plan didn’t go too well.”


Tiffany and Wooyoung sat at a cafe. She smiled as she watched him eat his fourth bowl of food. Deep in thought, he kept munching. What’s with that pabo? Tiffany is ten times better than her. Going after Jinyoung after she tells me she likes me. Like I care.

“Wooyoung?” Tiffany asked, as she rested her chin on her hand.

Snapping out of thought, he looked at her. “Ne? What is it?”

“You know, you should try to be honest. I’m sure you’ll have more fun with your friends.”

“Huh? No, really.” He stacked his bowl with the others. “I’m having fun…”

“Are you sure?” She tapped his forehead. “Well either way, don’t cramp your emotions.” She smiled as she stood up. “You’ll end up like Nichkhun.”

“What’s that, Tiffany?” Nichkhun’s eyebrow twitched. He came in with Seok-hyeon.

“Oh, Nichkhun!” She giggled as she spotted him.

Grabbing onto her hand, Seok-hyeon smiled. “Mama, let’s go watch the fireworks. Pali!”

“Ne, ne.”

As Nichkhun and Tiffany each held one of Seok-hyeon’s hands, Wooyoung watched the three walk away.


“Here, Jinyoung,” IU said, handing him a water bottle.

“Thanks.” He took the cap off and drank from it.

“Don’t the fireworks start soon? Kaja.” She smiled.

He looked at her. “… IU?”

“Ne?”

“Aren’t you quarreling with Wooyoung-hyung?”

“Eh?” Her smile twitched. “Ani, not at all. Who cares about him? Let’s watch the fireworks!”

Letting out a breath, he smiled. “I really had fun but I like it better when you two are together.” He petted her head. “I think you should make up with him.” Hurrying to a direction, he turned back to her and waved. “I’ll go look for him so wait here for me!”

“Jinyoung!” she called him, but she watched him disappear in the crowd.


“Bwo?!” Wooyoung’s voice rang through the night sky.

“Yeah, so that’s the story,” Jinyoung chuckled. He bowed 90 degrees. “I’m really sorry hyung! It’s all my fault.”

“So you threw a can at her head, making her mutter your name…”

“So will you forgive IU?” Jinyoung rubbed the back of his neck.

Aigoo, I sound like a jealous drunk… A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead as he sighed. Wait, if Jinyoung was there that afternoon… “You were peeping on us?” His eyebrow twitched.

Jinyoung ran away. “I said I’m sorry!”

Sighing, he looked at the night sky. I guess I should apologize…


“Otteoke?” IU sighed as she looked at the night sky. She stood alone on a grassy field. Maybe I’ll just apologize and then he might-

“IU?”

Her eyes widened. “Wooyoung?!”

After a brief and awkward silence, the two spoke up, “Umm.”

“Go ahead,” he motioned her to speak.

She shook her head. “Oh, you first.” With pink cheeks, she looked up at him.

Not knowing where to start, he stretched as he closed his eyes. “Uhh well we have to get back on track after we go home.” Looking at her, he smirked playfully. “And of course I’ll help you since you’ll never make it on your own.”

“Wooyoung…” She stared at him then at the night sky. She giggled. “I really hope we can have a successful comeback together soon.”

“… IU.”

“Ne…?” Her eyes widened and her cheeks turned pink when she looked at him. He moved closer to her, looking at every detail of her face.

“IU…” He leaned closer to her, as his eyes began to close. Trembling, she closed her eyes as well.

“Omo?” Losing her footing, she fell backwards and landed on her . Wooyoung laughed and she joined in the laughter. “Aigoo~ I must be doomed to being clumsy.”

That was close. He his lips. Shaking his head, he chuckled. He crouched down as he reached a hand towards her. “You are doomed. Now let’s get you up…?!” Losing his balance, he fell towards her. Both of their eyes widened and their cheeks turned bright pink, as their lips touched. “Ah!” He backed away quickly. “I lost my balance!”

She touched her lips, as she looked at him with wide eyes. She let out a little giggle as she fan-girled inside.

“Yah! That was an accident! An accident okay?!” He crawled up to her and started pinching her cheeks. "Are you even listening to me?"

“Owow!” Seeing the night sky light up, she pointed up. “Ey, look, Wooyoung!”

He let go as he saw the fireworks burst in the sky. When he looked back at her, they made eye contact. After a moment of silence. they both laughed, ending the night with happy memories.

[A/N: *INNER FAN-GIRL SQUEAL*]