Kiss Me Manager

Lovely Complex

“Welcome to the seaside tea-house!” IU greeted the customers in her swimsuit as 2PM smiled behind her. She turned to smile at them. “We’re really getting a lot of customers.”

Nichkhun patted her head. “Aigoo~ Everyone’s just attracted by our manager’s cuteness~”

She forced a giggle. Catching Wooyoung smiling at her, she looked away and bit her lower lip to hide her giddiness.

“We’re ahead of the costs now, thanks to you all,” Nichkhun announced to the rest. “You’re free from duty after today. You’ve had enough of swimming as well, haven’t you?”

“Yeah, we’ve done enough of swimming and playing,” Jun.K replied, stretching his limbs.

Junho crossed his arms as he nodded. “I need to get back to my sword-work.”

“But what about the cafe?” Chansung asked.

“Don’t worry, I got some people to fill in as staff. Oh perfect timing!” Nichkhun smiled. All of a sudden, a bunch of buff men came in like stern security guards. He happily greeted them. “Now let’s get to work.” The men all bowed in unison to him.

Chansung looked at all the scary men. “What kind of people does hyung know?”

“I’m worried about tomorrow’s customers,” Wooyoung chuckled as a sweat drop formed on his forehead.


Back at the 2PM dorm, summer was nearing its end…

Chansung dried his laundry up on the roof, taking advantage of the nice weather. He hummed as he clipped the blanket on the hanging rack. “What a great day for laundry.”

“Annyeong, Chansungie.” IU smiled, holding a basket.

“Manager!” He smiled back. “Are you doing your laundry too?”

“Ne! Especially since it’s such a nice day.” She hung her laundry up as well. They both got quiet as they got to work.

The best memory of this summer was going to the sea and the festival with everyone. He stole small glances at her, as she happily did her chore. His cheeks turned pink. And being kissed by her at the beach… Well, almost.


Back at his room, Chansung sighed as he lay on his bed. Closing his eyes, he touched his lips. “I wonder what it’s like… To kiss someone…” IU popped into his head, making him sit up from his bed feeling flustered. Going out to the hallway, he leaned against the windowsill to take in the fresh air. He sighed. A kiss?

“Hi, Chansung,” Wooyoung smiled, as he walked down the hallway with IU trailing behind him.

Chansung walked up to them. “Working all day again?”

Wooyoung sighed. “Yeah, we had a lot of fun at the beach, so it’s time to catch up.”

IU chimed in, “We were going to take a walk for some fresh air. You want to come too?” With his cheeks pink, Chansung stayed silent. “Is anything the matter?” She tilted her head.

“No, not really.” Chansung averted his eyes.

Wooyoung placed both hands in his pockets. “We’re all ears if you want to talk.”

“Umm, have either of you…” Chansung rubbed the back of his neck, as he tried to get the words out. “Uhh, kissed?”

“Eh?! Kiss?!” Wooyoung’s and IU’s eyes widened and their cheeks turned bright pink, as they remembered their time at the beach.

“I was wondering what it tastes like,” Chansung muttered.

“T- Taste?” Feeling flustered, IU ruffled her hair as she desperately tried to think of an answer. “Umm well it was more like an accident than anything intentional; more like a bump than a kiss…”

Chansung was shocked. “Huh? So you’ve kissed somebody before?”

“Pabo!” Wooyoung stretched both of IU’s cheeks, as he laughed nervously to Chansung. “Of course she hasn’t. Who would want to kiss someone like IU anyway?”

“Oh…” A sweat drop formed on Chansung’s forehead.

“But I’ve kissed twice,” IU cried in Wooyoung’s grasp.

Wooyoung stretched her cheeks out more. “Both were accidental!” Finally figuring out what to say to not ruin Chansung’s innocence, he let go of her cheeks and turned to face Chansung. “Chansungie, you know, I think that a kiss is soft like a marshmallow and fresh like a lemon.”

“Mine was salty,” IU crossed her arms as she tried to recall the kiss. “And it kind of hurt because of the force…”

Wooyoung snapped at her. “Shut up! You’re ruining it for him.”

“But you know, it’s a pleasant sensation…” she giggled as she touched her lips. “Boy’s lips are a lot softer than I thought.”

“Wha…” Wooyoung’s cheeks turned bright pink.

“Hyung? You’re all red, are you okay?” Chansung looked at Wooyoung with worry.

“Huh?” Wooyoung’s eyes widened.

“You didn’t catch a cold, did you?” IU asked.

Seeing her worried face, Wooyoung’s face turned even more red. “It’s nothing!” he huffed as he quickly walked away.

The two looked at each other, confused.


Back at the roof, Chansung and IU decided to wait until their laundry dried. The turtle sat on IU’s shoulder, as the two sat on the floor and looked up at the sky.

“But why all of a sudden?” IU broke the silence, as she took off her glasses to clean them.

Chansung’s cheeks turned bright pink. “Umm, it’s nothing really… Could you forget that I even mentioned it?”

She giggled. “Ne, but I suppose you’d want to kiss someone you love.”

“Umm, yeah…” He took a small glance at her. She looks so different without her glasses. Her skin and lips look so smooth and soft. Ack, what am I thinking about? He turned away, so she wouldn’t see how red his face turned. He placed a hand over his chest to calm his beating heart.

“Hm?” She put her glasses back on. “Close your eyes.”

“Huh?” He turned to face her, shocked from what he just heard her say.

“Hold still for a second, Chansung.”

“O- Okay…” He looked at her face. Close my eyes? She looks serious. Like she’s… she’s about to… He shut his eyes. “Like this?”

“Ne.”

Ah… He slightly trembled as he felt her hand caress his face. M- Manager… Relaxing his lips, he kept his eyes shut. I’m ready. Ah! He felt it touch his lips. His heart beat uncontrollably as he slowly opened his eyes. is smaller than I thought… And it smells like the sea… His eyes widened as the turtle on IU’s shoulder was right in front of him.

“Good, it’s off you now,” IU sighed in relief as she backed away from him. “See?” She held a dead spider by the leg. “This was on your head.”

“Ack?!” He looked at it with fear. “Spider!”

Throwing it away, she tried to calm him down. “Don’t worry! It was dead!!”

[A/N: so Hyunwoo was both Wooyoung’s and IU’s first kiss, while the turtle was Chansung’s keke also, sorry for the short chapter. i had a family emergency. also, with my dog passing away recently, it’s been hard trying to write again especially since he’s always been by my side for every chapter i’ve published. i know he’s happy and not suffering up in puppy heaven though]