Hue! Hyunwoo Appears!!

Lovely Complex

[A/N: Before I start, "hue" is pronounced like "hoo-eh"]

"Omo!" IU looked at the sea, as she went against the rail of the ship. "The sunset is really beautiful!" Wooyoung walked next to her and breathed in the fresh air. After staying at Icheon for one night, Wooyoung and I decided to go on a cruise ship. She smiled at him as she internally squeeled. It's like we're lovers!

He looked at her confused. "Why is your face so red?"

Her eyes widened, feeling embarassed. "Ani! It's nothing!"

"You wouldn't be thinking of weird stuff again, right?"

"What weird stuff?"

He scoffed. "You do know that even though we forgave each other and we stayed together in one room doesn't mean there's anything between us."

"B- Bwo?" Feeling a little hurt hearing that in person, she began to walk away. "I need to go get something."

He followed after her. "I'll go with you."

She quickened her pace. "No need to!"

"What's gotten into you?" He began to chase after her. "Stop running!"

"Omo!" She stopped running as she bumped into someone. "Mianheyo!! I-...?" The man she bumped into stumbled back and collapsed onto the floor. Her eyes widened as she went down to check up on him. "G- Gwenchanayo?"

Wooyoung caught up. "Wha- What happened?"

She turned the man over to reveal a lifeless look on his face. "Waa?! Hold on!!" She began to shake the man.

Wooyoung pulled the man's sleeve away and checked his arm. "... He doesn't have a pulse."

She looked at him in shock. "Bwo? That means... H- He's dead?!" She dropped him on the floor as she stood up in shock. "I'm so unlucky! Will every man I run into die?!" She gripped Wooyoung's shoulders frantically. "Call an ambulance!"

He began to panic as well. "We're at sea!"

The man on the floor opened his eyes, and stood up like nothing happened. "Hue? Good morning!"

The two fell in shock.


"I'm Lee Hyunwoo. Nice to meet you!" The man named Hyunwoo smiled brightly as he sat at a cafe with IU and Wooyoung. "My health isn't very good, so I'm prone to fainting."

A sweat drop formed on both of their foreheads. Faint? You didn't have a pulse earlier!

"It's alright though, I'm fine now... Hue?" Noticing something, he took a closer look at IU.

"Omo?" A blush crept on her cheeks as he continued to silently observe her. "... Do you need something?"

He smiled as he clapped his hands. "Your face is so cute! Are you in middle school?"

She pouted. "I'm 17!"

"Earlier, I ran into you because I wasn't paying attention..." He stood up and walked away while facing the two with a smile. "I'll take my leave now."

"Ah, it's no big deal..."

Wooyoung stood up, alarmed. "In front of you!"

"Hue!" Hyunwoo bumped into a sculpture and bowed 90 degrees. "Sorry, sorry." Once he took another step, he slipped on a banana peel. "Hue!"

Sweat drops formed on both of their foreheads as they watched everything happen.

"He's really odd..." IU commented.

Wooyoung watched with unease. "Is he really ok?"

She smiled as she continued to watch Hyunwoo. But he's kinda cute...

Noticing her goofy smile, Wooyoung crossed his arms. "Yah! What's with the face you're making?"

Getting out of her trance, she looked at him alarmed. "Bwo? It's nothing!"

"Well in that case, I'll be off now!" Wooyoung stomped away.

She rushed towards him. "Wai- Wait up!"


At this time, Taecyeon and Chansung...

"Tasty! So this is a sesame cake!" Taecyeon exclaimed as he took a bite.

A bunch of rabbits surrounded Chansung. "Ani, that's rabbit food!"

... I don't know why they're at the rabbit park at Seoul.


The sun is beginning to set as IU and Wooyoung ate dinner. He looked at her with a nonchalant face. "Not bad, he said you were cute..."

"But he also said I look like I'm in middle school and that's nothing to be happy about," she retorted.

"Jinjja? So when a handsome boy looks you in the eye, you just blush? Not because of the compliment, right?"

"I- It's nothing like that!" She sighed. "Why do you mind him so much Wooyoung? He has nothing to do with you, right?"

"Bwo?" Realizing this, he began to stutter, "O- Of course not..." He took a bite of his food. "... That's true.."

She tilted her head in confusion. "... Wooyoung."

"What is it?"

"The person that you made your promise with... It's a girl right?"

His cheeks turned a little pink. "Why are you suddenly asking that?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"It's not like that. Didn't I say before I spent the last couple of years busy with 2PM?" He sighed. "it's someone I respect."

"..." She looked at him in realization. So it's not mutual feelings...

"What are you trying to get at?" He crossed his arms as he leaned back on his chair.

She giggled nervously. "Oh... nothing... Mmm..." She looked down at her clenched hands on her lap. She bit her lower lip. Ok... Ok I'll just say it! I'll just gather my strength and say it! "I... I... kinda..." She shut her eyes closed as she tried to continue. "I feel that... I like..." At that time, a man walked by carrying a pile of kimbap. "Never mind that. Do you want some kimbap?" She pointed at him as a sweat drop formed on her forehead.

Wooyoung scoffed. "Kimbap? Ani. We just ate dinner."

She took a deep breath in and out. "As I was saying earlier... I... really... like..." The same man from earlier walked by carrying a watermelon. "Watermelon! I'd really like some watermelon!" She sighed as she watched the man walk away.

Wooyoung's eyebrow twitched. "IU, if you want to eat more, just speak up! What do you really want?"

She cleared . "Wooyoung... I- It's you... that... I like- OWWW!!! Hot! Hot!"

"Hueee! I'm so sorry!" The man that has been walking by stumbled as flying squid began to rain down on IU.

"Why is there so much squid?"

Peeling the squid away from her head, the man replied, "This was supposed to be a gift for my family, friends, and-"

"Aren't you Hyunwoo-ssi from a minute ago?" Wooyoung realized.

She glared at Hyunwoo. "What are you trying to do at such an important time?!"

"Sorry, I'm really clumsly like this..." Hyunwoo chuckled.

She sighed. What am I gonna do with him? "Omo?" A piece of paper sticking out of Hyunwoo's bag caught her eye. The... The note says suicide? Although he spelled it wrong...

"Ah! I'll be off now!" Hyunwoo quickly walked away.

"Wooyoung... Listen to me!" She dragged him away with her.

"What is it?"


"Suicide?" Wooyoung arched one eyebrow. "Him?"

"Because he's carrying a suicide note!" IU explained to him frantically. "He must want to kill himself! We have to stop him!"

"He doesn't seem like he would."

"But... Doesn't he seem rather unlucky?"

"We aren't very lucky either..." He sighed, as he remembered their debut stages.

A sweat drop formed on her forehead. That's true...

"It wouldn't be that you read it wrong, would it?"

"But what if..."

"Eh? Isn't that..." He trailed off as they both saw Hyunwoo holding onto the rail with a distant look.

"Let's hide!" She said urgently as she pulled Wooyoung to a wall.

"Why?!"

She peeked from behind Wooyoung. "Look, he really does want to commit suicide!"

"How can that be?"

Closing his eyes, Hyunwoo leaned foreward.

"WAAAA!" The two exclaimed as they rushed over. IU quickly caught both his legs, but because of the weight, she began to get dragged down with him. Because of that, Wooyoung grabbed a hold of her. "You don't have to kill yourself!" IU exclaimed. "You're gonna fall! You're gonna fall!"

With all of their strength, the two hauled Hyunwoo back onto the boat. The two collapsed from exhaustion. After a while, Hyunwoo's eyes opened. "Mmm..." He sat up and stared at the two with a clueless expression. "Hue? Did I faint again?"

"You almost fell into the ocean!" The two yelled at him.

He looked at both of them in shock. "Hue... Jinjjayo? That was close then..." He sighed in relief.

"You..." IU trembled in frustration.


The next morning, the two explained everything to Hyunwoo.

"Hahaha..." Hyunwoo laughed as he walked ahead of the two. "Really though, why would I want to commit suicide?"

"Eh...?" IU tilted her head in confusion. "But in your bag, there's a suicide note!"

"Oh, that's because I'm in poor health. If I die at any time, I'll need something like that!" He replied nonchalantly.

"If you're in such condition, you shouldn't be travelling all by yourself!" she exclaimed urgently.

Wooyoung nodded. "She's right. Why are you by yourself?"

"Actually, I..." He laughed bashfully as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I landed my first leading role in a drama and it didn't go as well as everyone expected it to be..."

"That's a coincidence!" IU exclaimed. "We didn't do so well on our debuts either, so we took this trip!"

Taken aback, Wooyoung stuttered, "N- Now wait a second!"

"Hue! Really?" Hyunwoo exclaimed. Taking a closer look at Wooyoung, he tilted his head. "You look really familiar. You're in JYPE right?" Wooyoung nodded his head in confusion. Hyunwoo exclaimed excited, "I was there when you auditioned in 2007 and you won first!"

"Really?" Wooyoung responded, amazed.

"JYPE?" IU's eyes widened. "Y- You were there too?!" The cruise ship blared it's horn as it landed at the dock.

"Hue? We're here already? I have to go and get my things!" Hyunwoo left in a rush.


"That was surprising. I didnt' thnk he was there at the auditions," IU said as she and Wooyoung walked down the dock.

Wooyoung agreed. "Yeah, it's a small world."

Even though Hyunwoo-ssi is a strange man, he's still cute! Ah forget it, since now I can be with Wooyoung-oppa alone now... She dazed off happily.

"Excuse me..." Hyunwoo caught up to the two. "If it isn't too much trouble, can we keep travelling together?"

"Omo?" IU's eyes widened. Wooyoung was shocked as well.

Hyunwoo extended his hand out with a smile. "Would you like a squid?"

[A/N: To be continued...]