Anxiety on The Sea

Lovely Complex

“Daebak~” IU exclaimed as they arrived at a big house under the moonlight. “Didn’t know Hyunwoo-ssi’s house is in Biyangdo Island!”

“I’m really sorry for letting you guys lend me money and especially taking me home,” Hyunwoo bowed to the two of them appreciatively.

If he faints on his way home that would be bad! IU nervously giggled.

Wooyoung smiled. “It’s nothing. If someone's in trouble you should always help them!”

“Before you leave, let’s play in the water!” Hyunwoo ran towards the sea. “It’s like a spa! No one’s around too!”

“Assa! That sounds refreshing knowing how much we walked today!” Wooyoung ran towards the sea as well.

IU furtively dipped her toe in the water. “I- It’s really warm! Omo?” The sight of the guys glistening in the moonlight caught her attention. Aigoo… Look at those two having so much fun… She her lips in delight.

“IU-ssi!” Hyunwoo waved at her. “You come too!”

“Bwoyo? Now… That’s not a good idea…” IU hesitated.

Wooyoung placed one hand on his hip as the other one combed his hair back. “Why don’t you come?”

IU’s cheeks turned bright pink. “I’m not going! I don’t even have a bathing suit on! It’s not as easy as you guys… Oomph!”

Wooyoung placed his shirt over her head. “Put this on so you'll have more to cover and come play.”

“N- Ne…”

“Kaja!” Hyunwoo linked arms with IU and dragged her to the sea.

“Omo omo omo!!!” She screamed as she was dragged deeper.

“Can she not swim?” Hyunwoo watched as she flailed and suddenly sunk.

“IU!” Wooyoung yelled as he ran towards her.


As the night continued, IU awakened next to the bonfire. “Mianhe… I guess I should’ve told you both sooner…”

“Aniyo. I should be the one apologizing,” Hyunwoo said as he sat next to her.

“Hyunwoo-ssi, I’m going to get some water.” Wooyoung said as he stood up.

“Ne, gomawoyo.” As Wooyoung began to walk away, he heard Hyunwoo speak, "IU-ssi, are you cold? Here, take my jacket.”

Wooyoung turned to see Hyunwoo covering her up and her smiling sweetly at him. “Gomawoyo, Hyunwoo-ssi.” Brushing the site away, he continued to fetch the water.

After retrieving the water bottle, Wooyoung stomped back towards the two. Those two get along so well… IU never smiles sweetly towards me. I know she thinks he’s attractive! What’s she thinking about? Didn’t she tell Hyunwoo-ssi that she liked me? He pouted. What am I thinking about? I don’t care who she wants to be with! He ruffled his hair in frustration, as he continued his trek back.


“Mianheyo, I haven’t swam in a long time and panicked…” IU giggled weakly.

“Like I said before, I should be the one saying sorry,” Hyunwoo replied with a smile. “Please be careful. But good thing you’re awake now.”

The two continued to stare and smile at each other, as the moon shone on both of their faces, and a hint of orange tinged their faces from the nearby fire. After a moment of silence, he bent down towards her, getting closer to her face. Her eyes widened as her cheeks turned pink. “… Hyunwoo… ssi?”

He quickly closed the gap between them and gently planted his lips on top of hers. She quickly sat up and pulled away, touching her lips. “Wh- What are you doing?”

“Ahh mianheyo” he chuckled. “You were just so cute, so this just happened.”

“Here.” Wooyoung dropped the water and walked away.

“Woo… young…” IU sat there in shock as she watched him walk away. D- Did Wooyoung-oppa see that? Wait… That was my first kiss? And… It’s not like that… right? “Omo!” She quickly stood up and gave chase. “Wooyoung!”

“Hue…” A sweat drop formed on Hyunwoo’s forehead.

“Wait a minute, Wooyoung! It’s not like that!” IU yelled as she ran.

He quickened his pace. “What’s not like that? That he happened to be your first kiss?”

“That’s not it! That was an accident!”

“What kind of accident is that?! Besides, it’s not my business who you kiss!”

“If it’s not your business, why are you so mad?” She caught a grip of his wrist. “Listen to me, I- Omo…” Feeling faint, she began to fall again.

“Ah!” Quickly feeling her fall, he caught her. He landed on his back and she lay on top of him.

With shaky arms, she pushed herself off him. “M- Mianheyo.”

He sighed. In one quick movement, Wooyoung pinned her down underneath him. IU’s eyes widened at the action. “Hyunwoo-ssi told me…” He looked away as his cheeks turned bright pink. “You… You told him that you liked me.” He slowly leaned in closer to her face, his eyes slightly closing. "If that's true, why are you doing this to me?"

“Bwo? Ani… That’s…” From his sudden actions, she began to not think straight, allowing her to lose the ability to speak. Her eyes began to close slightly as her lips parted slightly when he slowly came closer to her. “… Wooyoung…”

He whispered under his breath as their noses touched, “Ne?”

“Bark bark!”

They both scrambled up once they saw a man pick up the dog. “Sorry about that.”

“Hue? Uncle!!” Hyunwoo waved from behind as he ran towards them.

“You’re back from your trip already?”

“Ne!”

Wooyoung and IU just looked at each other with flushed faces, shocked at all of these turn of events.


The next day, at the front of Hyunwoo’s house, he greeted the two off. “I really thank you. Even if the time we spent together wasn’t long, I’m very happy to get to know you and travel together. Thank you IU.” He smiled warmly at her, making Wooyoung glare at her.

Shocked from the sudden attention, she smiled back at Hyunwoo. “N- No problem.”

“This gift symbolizes my appreciation for you two. Wait until later to open it.” He handed her a box.

“Thank you very much!”

“It would be very nice if we could see each other again, IU,” he said happily as he grabbed her hand.

Her cheeks turned light pink. “N- Ne!” Wooyoung was seething through his clenched teeth.

“Wooyoung-ssi,” Hyunwoo turned to face him.

Wooyoung quickly put on a smile. “N- Ne?”

Hyunwoo quickly placed his hands on Wooyoung’s cheeks and gave him a quick peck. IU’s eyes widened at the sight. “Omo!!!”

Wooyoung pulled away. “Wh- Wh- What’d you do that for?” He covered his mouth as his cheeks turned bright pink.

Hyunwoo chuckled bashfully. “I thought it’d be nice if I was a tool for you two to share an indirect kiss. Well, jalgayo!”

“Goodbye!” IU waved him farewell and Wooyoung remained silent as he placed his fingers on his lips. They both walked away.

Hyunwoo waved back with a bright smile. “I’ll wait for the day that we meet again!”

Once the two walked some distance, IU muttered, “Both our first kisses was from the same man…”

“Shut up!” Wooyoung pinched her cheeks roughly.

“Mian! Mian!”

“He’s a very interesting guy, although he’s a bit weird…”

“Can you blame him?” she laughed.

“He’s handsome, isn’t he?” he scoffed. “You even kissed him.”

“Didn’t I tell you that was an accident?!” she pouted. “And you kissed him too!!”

He quickly changed the subject. “Let’s open his gift.”

“Ne!”

After a moment of looking at it, he finally said what was on both their minds. “It’s Hyunwoo-ssi’s gift to you. Aren’t you a little scared to open it? I hope nothing happens to you.”

She giggled nervously as she opened the box. “Haha no way.”

Both their faces froze as they saw what popped out of the box. A cute turtle greeted them. “Why… is there a turtle?”

[A/N: I hoped you enjoyed Hyunwoo being a character! How'd you like him? Comment below ^,^]