Midsummer Night's Passion

Lovely Complex

Looking at the view of everyone playing in the water made Jinyoung (JR) sigh. He trudged through the sand. “Just because I’m the most responsible in Got7, doesn’t mean that JYP can just boss me around and send me to run errands in his place during my time off…” Stretching, he decided to loosen himself up. “Well since I’m at the beach, might as well just enjoy myself. Maybe I should get something to drink,” he said as he spotted this antiquated-looking building on the beach.

“Welcome! A table for two?”

Hearing the familiar voice, Jinyoung turned to face the person. “Bwo?!” His eyes widened as he saw Chansung, just in swimming shorts, smile as he brought two girls to a table. As Jinyoung continued to look around, he also saw Taecyeon, Junho, and Jun.K dressed in the same way, going around and serving people (mostly girls). He looked confused as he weakly pointed at all the guys passing by him. “These are… 2PM-sunbaenims… right??”

“Excuse me, miss…”

He heard a sweet, higher-pitched voice, making him turn around. His cheeks turned pink from the sight of a petite girl holding a tray as she talked to the customers. What’s a girl doing here working with 2PM? She wore a white mock-neck one piece swimsuit and a black floral cardigan cover. Her hair was in a high ponytail with a few loose strands to frame her face. Whoa~ she’s cute… but she looks familiar…

“Sir…” he heard an angry grumble behind him, and then felt a force pushing down his head. The man was pushing his fist down the top of Jinyoung's head. “I don’t appreciate the way you look at the waitress…”

“Mianheyo!! I’m just shocked that- Hyung?!” Jinyoung turned to see Wooyoung. Pointing, he yelled, “It really is you guys! Why are you working here for?!"

Wooyoung’s eyes widened and put his fist away. “Jinyoung? What’re you doing here?”

“Jinyoung!” The petite girl came running towards the two boys.

Leaning closer to Wooyoung, Jinyoung whispered, “Hey, hyung, introduce me. You work with her, right?”

Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitched, feeling slightly irritated. “Why?”

“You don’t recognize me?” The petite girl tilted her head as she pointed at herself. “How about now?” She put her thick glasses on and held her hair in pigtails.

“Ah?!” Jinyoung pointed at her. “You’re that nerd from JYPE!”

“Nerd? You’re always picking on me as usual!” IU pouted as she retied her hair to a ponytail and took off her glasses.

“He picks on you?” Wooyoung asked. “But he’s so nice to everyone.”

“I know! But he’s always teasing me!! He’s the reason why I always make that embarrassing chocolate cake every valentine’s day…” she sighed, remembering how much of a loser that makes her.

Jinyoung walked up to her and squished her cheeks. “Aigoo~ When did you get so cute?”

She forced a laugh out. “I have poor eyesight, and I have been cute this entire time!!”

“And you!” Jinyoung shook Wooyoung’s shoulders and he whispered through gritted teeth. “How come you never told me she’s cute?! I even told you to hook up with her the first time I introduced you to her! You should thank me!! And no wonder there’s no guys in this cafe because you probably scared them all away!!”

Hearing the last part, IU asked, “Why would Wooyoung scare all the guys away?”

Wooyoung looked away as his cheeks turned pink. “Shut up, pabo.”

This is interesting… Jinyoung smirked, as he slung an arm around Wooyoung’s shoulders. “Guess I’m staying here tonight since I'm here already.”

Wooyoung’s eyes widened. “You can’t be serious!”


The sun started to set upon the teahouse as 2PM, IU, and Jinyoung gathered around the table in a bedroom. With all their glasses full, they raised them up. “Cheers for a successful first day and a surprise visit from Jinyoung!”

“You seem to be enjoying your idol-life,” Jinyoung nudged IU, teasing her.

IU giggled nervously as she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. “I swear it’s not as good as you think.”

“Ah hyung!” Jinyoung spotted Wooyoung. “Let’s have a drink together!”

“Yeah right,” Wooyoung scoffed. Taking both IU’s and Jinyoung’s drinks away, Wooyoung replaced it witch cups of orange juice. “You two are still too young.” Wooyoung stuck his tongue at them, then walked away with a chuckle.

He seems to be in a better mood. IU smiled as she watched him walk away.

“Hm?” Noticing the look on her face, Jinyoung leaned closer to her. “I see that you’re not going out with him.”

“Omo?” She looked at him nervously.

“But you still like him, right?”

“Wha…” Her cheeks turned bright pink as she looked at Wooyoung laughing and enjoying himself. She immediately turned to Jinyoung to try to shut his mouth. “What are you saying all of a sudden?!”

Jinyoung laughed. “You don’t have to hide it. Nothing to be embarrassed about. I can’t believe IU actually likes Wo-“

“Let’s go outside!” she quickly cut him off, dragging him outside the room with her.

Wooyoung watched them leave as he took a big gulp of his drink.


Moving to the dining area, Jinyoung and IU sat on one of the tables as she explained everything from being 2PM’s manager to the love triangle with Tiffany. Placing both hands on the table, IU leaned closer to Jinyoung. “You better not tell anyone about anything!”

“Of course I wouldn’t.” He waved at her as he crossed his arms and leaned back on his chair. He smirked. “Aren’t you living life to the fullest? You lucky girl, you.”

She giggled nervously as a sweat drop formed on her forehead.

“So hyung likes Tiffany but you like him. So what’re you gonna do about it?”

“Do?” She tilted her head. “What do you mean? I’m kind of friendly with him.” She fidgeted with her fingers as she smiled. “And we’re training together often, so I’m happy as it is.”

“Really? Because as far as I can tell, hyung’s feelings are more towards you,” he said matter-of-factly.

“Omo?! That can’t be!” She blushed instantly.

Liking her reaction, he pushed further. He smirked, “As far as I can tell, he loves you.”

“L- Love? You think? But how can it be?” Her cheeks were flushed.

“Have some faith in yourself! All you have to do is turn on your charm and he’ll come to you. Push him down and confess!”

“Omo~?!"


Back at the room, everyone was calming down since they were all passing out one by one. Nichkhun placed everyone to bed for a nap while Jun.K sat next to Wooyoung on the floor and leaned against the wall. After the two clincked their bottles and took a swig, they both relaxed as they leaned their heads back on the wall.

“Hey, Wooyoung?” Jun.K asked, breaking the silence. “How is it really?”

Wooyoung looked to his side and asked lazily. “How’s what?”

“IU.”

“What do you mean?” Wooyoung’s eyes shot wide open.

Jun.K smiled. “You’ve fancied Tiffany for such a long time, so how come you don’t seem as happy to finally see her?”

“What?”

“IU… She likes you, you know?” Wooyoung stayed silent as his cheeks started to turn pink. “You’re blushing,” Jun.K pointed out, chuckling.

“No, I’m not.” Wooyoung turned away and pouted.

“You’re not clear on your feelings, are you? You’re so cute!” Jun.K teased as he hugged Wooyoung.

Wooyoung struggled to get away. “Get off me!” Calming down once he realized that Jun.K wouldn’t let go, Wooyoung muttered, “It’s just… I feel easy around her, you now? Like, I don’t worry or I’m not nervous when I’m with her.”

“Uh-huh… And?” Jun.K asked, trying to get more out of Wooyoung.

“Molla!” Wooyoung pushed him away hard, and walked out the room.

Jun.K laughed as he watched Wooyoung


“I don’t know…” IU went to get cans of tea to bring back to the room. “Could it be…?” She remembered her earlier conversation with Jinyoung and blushed. “But… It’s easier said than-“

“What’s up?” Wooyoung walked up behind her. Startled, she dropped all the cans. A sweat drop formed on his forehead.

She went down to pick them up. “Umm..” She blushed, as she looked up at him and smiled. “Uhh.. Want a drink?”

After a moment, he smiled back at her. “Sure.”


“Whaa~” IU admired the sunset view of the beach once her and Wooyoung headed outside. She looked behind her as he walked towards her with a smile. His hands were in his pockets as he took a breath of fresh of air. She blushed as she watched him. We’re all alone…

“It’s been two years since I’ve been to a beach,” he said as he stretched and took a seat on the sand.

“Jinjja?? It’s been three for me,” she said, as she took a seat next to him. “Everyone’s so energetic. I couldn’t even swim after my shift.” She giggled as she opened a can of tea and drank from it. “They make me feel my age.”

He chuckled. “You’re the youngest one here.”

Jinyoung peeked at the two of them, as he hid behind a random big stone. You better not mess up, IU.

“Look.” Wooyoung stood up all of a sudden.

She looked up at him. “Hm?”

“I got tan,” he chuckled as he tugged his shorts down a bit to reveal the pale skin to contrast with his tanned lower abdomen.

Her eyes widened as her cheeks turned pink. “Omo!”

“Anything wrong?” he asked, concerned. He sat down and tried to get a closer look of her face.

“No, umm, it’s nothing.” She desperately tried to not make eye contact. “Little too much alcohol?”

He pouted. “I’m not drunk. But...” Leaning back with one arm, he started to his shirt with the other hand. “I am hot.”

Her whole face turned red. “Wahh!”

“What are you shouting for?” he asked as he stopped ing.

“Umm, uhh, nothing,” she said, giggling nervously.

“Look who’s talking? You’re the one who’s drunk!” he laughed as he pinched her cheeks.

“Stop! All I drank was tea and juice!” she yelped from the pain. He stopped pinching her cheeks but kept his hands there, holding her face. He gave her a small smile. She looked at him, and gulped. Omo? Is this where I have to make a move? “Wooyoung!” Pushing his shoulders, she successfully pinned him down.

“I- IU…” His cheeks turned pink, and his eyes widened from the sudden action.

He looked up at her blushing, determined face. “I… I love you!”

She shook her head to stop imagining things. Back to reality, Wooyoung was still holding her face but looked at her confused. Does she not want me to touch her anymore? Feeling slightly sad at the though, he put his hands down and looked at the sea. “Hey, IU?”

She looked at the sea, too. “Huh?”

“We really have to catch up with practice when we get back.”

She giggled. “Yeah, remind me.”

“I hope…” He smiled. “I really hope we both make successful comebacks.”

Looking away, she bit her lower lip to stop her from screaming with joy. He hopes we’ll have successful comebacks! I’m so happy!!

All right, IU! Jinyoung quietly cheered to himself. One last push, go IU!

She giggled to herself. Well, I’ve had enough happiness for a day.

Wooyoung looked at her laughing by herself. “Eh?”

Go for it, IU! You’re gonna lose the moment! Get on with it! Out of rage, Jinyoung threw an empty can at her head.

Rubbing her head, she quickly turned to see where the can came from and caught a quick glimpse of Jinyoung before he sneaked away. She seethed through clenched teeth, “Jinyoung.”

Not seeing anything that happened, he looked at her and scoffed, “Why’d you say his name all of a sudden…?”

“Bwo?” she asked, turning back to face him.

He stood up and crossed his arms. “Are you attracted to him? You stuck by his side ever since he came here!”

She looked up at him desperately. “Wait, Wooyoung, it’s not-“

“Pabo!” And with that, he walked away.


“What’s with that pabo!” He ran outside to take the anger away. “I shouldn’t have gotten what Jun.K said to my head. I feel easy around her? Psh, yeah right! She’s just a clumsy, stupid pa- Oh!” Bumping into someone, he quickly grabbed onto their wrist. “Sorry, are you okay?”

“Eh?” Tiffany stood in front of him with her crashed car and an undamaged Seok-hyeon chilling in the back. “Wooyoung?”

His eyes widened. “T- Tiffany-noona?"

[A/N: Aww~ And our poor Wooyoungie is jealous and confused about his feelings with a surprise visit from Jinyoung. Btw JR would now be called Jinyoung in this story for respectful reasons as that's how he would like to be called in real life. So there would be Jinyoung (previously JR) and JYP]