Sorry For Being So Alike

Lovely Complex

“The wind feels good, we came to the right place!” Wooyoung breathed in the fresh air.

“Yeah, Jeju Island is really beautiful during spring,” IU agreed.

“When we go back to the dorms, we should come back with everyone.” He smiled at her.

Her cheeks turned bright pink. “Good idea!” This feels alright! I should just go ahead and say it. “Wooyoung…”

“Ne?”

“I… I… always… liked…” Trying to calm herself down, she clenched her fists and took a deep breath. “I like- Waa!” She laid on the floor with a watermelon sitting on her back.

“Hue, sorry!” Hyunwoo came running towards her. “I was happily swinging my bag but the netting for the watermelon broke…”

“What are you talking about?!” IU quickly stood up and yelled.

He chuckled apologetically. “Mianheyo, I don’t pay too much attention…”

“Careful!”

“Ah!” Tripping on the watermelon, he fell on the floor. “Eghhhh…” He stood up and dusted the dirt off of him like nothing just happened. “This breeze is really comfortable! Spring really has arrived.”

He really doesn’t pay much attention does he? IU looked at him in shock.

“How long does he intend to follow us?” Wooyoung whispered to her.

She whispered back, “We can’t just ditch him- Eh?” Her eyes widened as Hyunwoo laid there motionless. “Omo, he fainted again!”

“Hue, mianheyo, I was under the sun too long, so I had a heatstroke,” Hyunwoo apologized once he regained consciousness.

“Since your health is that bad, you shouldn’t be flinging a watermelon around!” Calming down, IU stated, “Anyways, let’s go somewhere to rest. It’s noon anyways.”

“Ne!”


“Please enjoy yourselves.” At a restaurant, the three sat at a table where food was presented to them. Hyunwoo continued to speak, “It’s my treat this time. I’ve been plenty trouble to the two of you.”

“But is it really okay?” Wooyoung asked as he looked at the food. “It looks expensive.”

“Don’t worry, sunbae will handle it!” Hyunwoo said with pride as he patted his chest.

“What? Sunbae?” IU tilted her head in confusion.

“Don’t look at me like that. I debuted in 2005!”

“Bwoyo?!” Wooyoung exclaimed.

A piece of meat hung from IU’s mouth. “2005?”

“You’re three years my senior!”

“But that means you tried out for JYPE when you were already in another company! How come?”

Hyunwoo smiled. “Once I got into a company, I thought it would increase my chance in getting into another company. After my contract with the company was over, I tried out for JYPE twice.”

Feeling moved, IU grabbed Hyunwoo’s hands in hers. “I didn’t think I’d find another like me…” Feeling determined, she tightened her hold on him. “Let’s try our best, Hyunwoo-ssi! Since we both auditioned for JYPE twice, I already feel a connection somehow.”

“Ne! I just can’t handle dance, but I’m confident in acting and music.”

“I’m confident with music too!”

“I couldn’t get pass the first round!”

“Daebak~ I couldn’t even pass the preliminaries!”

A sweat drop formed on Wooyoung’s forehead. These… These two are exactly alike!

Once they finished eating, they walked up to the cashier. “That will be $120.”

“Ne,” Hyunwoo responded as he rummaged through his bag.

“It was tasty,” IU exclaimed as she trailed behind.

“Thanks for your generosity,” Wooyoung said.

“Eh?” Hyunwoo exclaimed as he continued to look through his bag. “Eh? Hue…” He turned to face the two and smiled apologetically. “It seems I've lost my wallet…”

“I- Isn’t that bad? Well just let me…” IU began looking through her bag.

“I’m depending on you, IU!” Wooyoung cheered.

She looked at him nervously. “… I don’t think I have mine either…”

Wooyoung shook with anger.

“Thanks for your patronage!” Hyunwoo and IU bowed to Wooyoung outside the restaurant.

“I’m so sorry!” Hyunwoo said.

IU repeated, “Wooyoung, I’m so sorry!”

Wooyoung forced a smile. “Oh it’s nothing!”

“Where are we going to sleep tonight…” IU sighed.

Hyunwoo sighed as well. “Do we have to sleep in the park? Despite the fact it’s spring, the park is still cold at night…”

“I really don’t like the cold…”

What am I going to do with them? Wooyoung clenched his teeth.


The three arrived at a one-person hotel room that Wooyoung bought. IU slumped in a chair and sighed. “I already reported it to the police, but can they get our wallets back?”

“Thank you, Wooyoung-ssi! I’ll be sure to return the favor!” Hyunwoo said as he sat on the bed.

“Helping each other in the time of need is something we all must do,” Wooyoung politely replied, but quickly glared at IU. “You sleep on the floor!”

“Ne!” She saluted but quickly beamed. “Since all three of us didn’t do so well on our solo projects, let’s have a party!”

“That sounds good!” Wooyoung agreed.

Hyunwoo added, “Let’s make it more festive then!”

The three clinked their beer cans. Taking IU’s can away from her, Wooyoung handed her a juice can and ruffled her hair. “IU, since you’re not old enough, drink this.” He smirked while she pouted. Hyunwoo chugged half the can, amazing Wooyoung. “You can really drink quite a bit.”

Hyunwoo breathed out after drinking. “I really like alcohol and instax photos.”

“Bwoyo?” That quickly caught IU’s attention. “You have a fascination for instax photos?”

He smiled at her as he handed her an album. “That’s right, you want to see it?”

“It looks like you took all these by yourself…” IU commented as she flipped through.

“Well it’s because I get nervous so I had to take these by myself.”

“I took all of them by myself too!” IU flashed her album at him.

“Really? We’re really alike!”

These two really get along… They’re exactly alike... Wooyoung’s eyebrow twitched as he chugged his beer. They really seem like a couple! He slightly crushed the beer can in his hand. … Bwo? What am I thinking about? Who she’s with has nothing to do with me!

“What’s the matter Wooyoung-ssi?” Hyunwoo asked.

“Did you already finish you beer? You drink a lot too!” IU said amazed.

“Oh yeah, IU…” Hyunwoo placed his hand on top of her hand that was lying on the bed. He was feeling pretty drunk already. “If it’s okay, let’s go take a photo together tomorrow. Let’s make it something to remember our time together.” He leaned in close to her.

Her cheeks turned bright pink. “Omo? Well… that’s alright…”

Wooyoung cleared his throat as he stood up, catching both of their attention. “I- I have to go take a shower!” He quickly walked to the bathroom and shut the door behind him without looking back.

“What’s the matter with him…?” IU tilted her head in confusion.

“Would it be… because of me?” Hyunwoo asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Look…” He flipped open her album. “Only this photo sticker has two people, and it looks meticulously placed…” He pointed at a picture that was by itself on a page. “This is Wooyoung-ssi right? Even though it’s kinda blurry.”

“Omo! I didn’t mean for anyone to see that!” she exclaimed, as she reached out for it.

He snatched it away. “Hue!” He chuckled. “IU, is it that… you really like Wooyoung-ssi?”

With her cheeks heating up instantly, she looked down at her lap as she fidgeted her fingers. “… Ne…”

He smiled. “Just like I thought! Okay!” He clapped his hands. “I’ll go explain to him for you!”

She tilted her head in confusion. “Bwoyo?”


In the shower, Wooyoung let the water pour over his head as he was deep in thought. Aish! I don’t even want to deal with her. Even though his nerves are quite odd, we can’t leave him behind… But why do they have to be so warm and fuzzy in front of me? Aish! She’s such a pabo! He punched the wall in frustration.

“Wooyoung-ssi, I’m coming in,” Hyunwoo announced as he sat on the toilet.

“W- What are you doing, Hyunwoo-ssi?!” Wooyoung exclaimed as he tried to cover himself with the curtain.

“Oh, mianheyo.” Hyunwoo covered his eyes. “I’m here to apologize to you. After all… The two of you are lovers.”

“Bwoyo?” Wooyoung’s eyes widened as his cheeks turned bright pink. “What are you saying? We aren’t like that-“

“I was so warm and close with IU, so I’m really sorry.”

“A- Aniyo it’s not like that! We have nothing to do with each other!”

“Eh? But… IU has her photo of her and Wooyoung-ssi so empathetically and meticulously placed.”

Bwo…? That photo was when we first met… Wooyoung turned off the shower and wrapped himself with the towel. He looked away. “She never took a photo with a boy before, so she’s making a big deal out of it!”

“But… I asked IU herself. She said she likes you!”

“Bwoyo?” Wooyoung’s face was completely red. “I- IU… she…”

“Eh? You didn’t know?”

IU, she… she… she… she… Wooyoung’s heart started beating fast.

“Should I help dry your body?” Hyunwoo asked as he approached Wooyoung.

“What are you… Waaahh!”

Shocked from the sound, IU barged through the door. “Are you two alright? What happened?”

“Ah!” Wooyoung looked at IU in shock as he was lying in the bathtub with Hyunwoo on top of him.

Looking flushed from the alcohol, Hyunwoo chuckled. “Mianheyo, I tripped.”

IU’s face turned bright pink. “W- What are you boys doing?”

“What are you looking at?!” Wooyoung yelled as he threw a bar of soap at her head.

“Waaa!” she yelped.


The next morning, Hyunwoo chuckled. “So sorry about yesterday. This happens whenever I drink.”

“Mian, Wooyoung,” IU apologized.

Gwenchana. I think I’m getting used to this. Wooyoung sighed. “Forget it, kaja.”

“Ne.”

“Eh?” Hyunwoo pulled something out of his pocket. “My wallet! It was in the pocket of my other clothes.”

“Jinjja? Assa!” IU cheered.

“Wooyoung-ssi, I’ll pay you back the money immediately,” Hyunwoo said as he emptied out his wallet. “Ahh…”

The three stood in shock as they looked at Hyunwoo’s measly $50 bill.


In the meantime, Jun.K, Junho and Nichkhun…

“This is boring,” Junho sighed as cut vegetable fell to the floor.

“That’s cutting the carrots in mid-air!” Jun.K exclaimed and the crowd got excited. “What an awesome technique!”

Nichkhun clapped with the audience. “We just earned our travel fee!"