"Under-the-table" Complications

Lovely Complex

"I'm full~"

All of the members finished their dinner, as Wooyoung cleaned the table.

"Daebak..." Jun.K watched Wooyoung wash the dishes. "Just like our manager, our Wooyoungie's cooking looks like crap, but it actually tastes quite good!"

Wooyoung's eyebrow twitched. "Hyung, if you're so good, why don't you cook instead?"

He laughed. "I meant it as a compliment!"

Drying his hands with a towel, Wooyoung turned to them. "I'm done with the dishes. I'm going to my room to practice the piano."

Nichkhun patted his head. "Aigoo~ Our Wooyoungie has so much work to do."

Wooyoung scoffed and smiled up at him, as he pushed the hand away. "I gotta get ready for my solo debut." With that, he walked out into the hallway.

Nichkhun cupped his chin. "Now what's our cute manager doing?"

~*~

"WHAA!" IU fell the her bedroom floor as the music kept playing in the background. She looked at her feet in dismay and began to flail them. "Ani!!!! I keep tripping over my own feet!!!" Pouting, she crossed her arms. Why do I even have to learn how to dance? Can't I just sing and people can just appreciate my voice? Argh! Sitting up, she slammed her hands on the table, feeling the adrenaline. I can't give up! Go, IU~!

Sighing, she slumped onto the table. "But this is so hard." Thinking of Wooyoung, she pouted. "Should be easy for him though, right?"

Her eyes widened at the thought of him, and her cheeks slowly turned bright pink. But last time on the bus... Resting her head on the table, she began to drool from the memory. Aigoo~ He felt so good. Boys feel so sturdy and nice... Lifting her head up from the table, she began to smack her own head. "Pabo, pabo! This isn't time for fantasies! I have to concentrate!" Lying on her back with a sigh, she looked up at the hole on the ceiling.

~*~

Scratching the back of her head, IU felt perplexed as she stood in front of Wooyoung's bedroom door. After much contemplation, she knocked on the door. "A- Anyeonghaseyo... It's IU."

Wooyoung opened the door just far enough to only stick his head out. "What? Make it quick, I'm busy."

"Uh... Well... It's just that..." Initially shocked by his unwelcomed tone, she slapped a smile on her face. "Can you teach me how to dance?"

"Ani." He slammed the door shut.

Her smile stayed on her face until she processed what just happened. She snapped, "Didn't you say you'll teach me last time?"

"I didn't; I avoided your question last time."

"You were first place in the 2007 JYP Audition and an amazing dancer. Can't you spare some time?"

"Shut up and go away."

IU just stood there with her jaw dropped.

~*~

Wooyoung shivered as he rubbed both his arms. "It's so cold! The weather is freezing. Good thing I have the furnace table."

"Wooyoungie!" IU's cutesy voice could be heard from behind the door.

His eyebrow twitched. "How annoying." He raised his voice loud enough for her to hear, making his tone sound harsh."You're still here?"

I guess aegyo doesn't work. A sweatdrop formed on her forehead, as she forced a smile and dropped the cute act. "Would you like some hot chocolate? It really relieves the pressure."

His eyes widened. To her surprise, the door opened. Averting his eyes, he muttered, "... Come in."

Holding the tray of hot chocolate, she beamed, "Jinjjayo? Gomawoyo!"

"Ah!" He looked down at himself and his eyes widened once he realized he was wearing a gray sweater and matching sweatpants. He looked inside his room and saw it was a mess. He slammed the door shut. "Wait a sec!"

She tilted her head in confusion as she heard a lot of noise coming from his room. Still holding onto the tray, she began to question how long this was going to take.

Opening the door, he was dressed casually and presented his clean room. "Welcome."

She giggled. "You didn't have to; I don't mind a little mess."

"Shut up." Grabbing the tray from her hands, he walked inside and placed it on his table. He grumbled under his breath, "You're the first girl to go inside my room, of course I'd feel a little embarrassed."

"Bwoyo?" Knowing that he would never repeat his words to her, she giggled to herself. At least he thinks I'm a girl.

Settled in, Wooyoung took a sip of hot chocolate. "Just say it; what don't you understand from dancing?"

Fidgeting with her fingers, IU managed to mutter out, "... finding the beat."

"Bwo? That's the basics!" he bursted. "How can you even sing?!"

"I can't help it. I only sing while I'm playing guitar, so I know when to start and when to take breaks." She averted her gaze. "I just can't get it and keep tripping over my feet."

"... Yah, you think dancing is hard and pointless, right?"

"Bwoyo?" Her eyes widened. He got it spot on!

He looked at her seriously. "If you don't have the right attitude, you can never dance. If you think dancing , it's all over already."

"I know..." She pouted, "But I'm not as great as you."

He sighed and played some music. "Can you find the beat?"

Laughing nervously, she responded, "N- Not really..."

"Find it and tap your finger to the beat."

"But I can't find it!" Sighing, she began to tap her finger. Aish... If I knew this was gonna happen, I wouldn't have come to him for help...? Her eyes widened. "Huh?" She watched as her finger tapped subconsciously to the beat. "Huh? I got it! How???"

Sighing, he rolled his eyes. "See? Since you're good at guitar, I figured you could've found the beat with your fingers."

"You're sooo good! A terrible dancer like me actually got it! No wonder you won first place at the auditions and is now going solo! Gomawoyo!"

He averted his eyes and his cheeks turned a little pink from the praise. "Stop thanking me. Stand up and try stepping to the beat."

Feeling determined, she stood up and began to sway, but was quickly stopped by her tripping over her own feet. "Wha!"

"You can't even do that?!" Standing up as well, he crossed his arms. "I can't teach you forever."

Quickly standing up, she clasped her hands together. "Please don't say that! We're both good friends aiming for our debut, right?"

"Who said we were friends?"

~*~

IU collapsed on the floor from exhaustion. "This was the first time I've ever learned a complete dance!" She looked up at Wooyoung. "It's all thanks to you!" She raised a fist in the air. "Watch out, dance! I'm not afraid of you any longer!"

"Composing, learning how to dance..." Wooyoung sat down next to her. "It feels as if you're in a rush to debut. Why can't you just take your time and debut at a later time?"

"Why...?" she repeated as she tilted her head in confusion.

"You think you can get guys after you debut?" He scoffed, "If that's the case, you're a real pabo."

Her eyes widened. "O- Of course not! I have my reason..." Looking down, she began to fidget her fingers as her cheeks turned slightly pink. "Can... Can I ask you something? Would a guy remember a promise he made with a girl around seven years ago... You know, like one of those 'I'll see you there' promises...?"

"Huh...?"

"And, even though going 'there' is going to be tough and he doesn't know whether the girl still remembers him, he never forgot the promise..." She looked up at him. After a moment of silence, she forced out a laugh. "There's no one really like that! Why would anyone remember a measly promise from a long time ago? I feel really stupid." Suddenly, he leaned closer to her face, making her eyes widen. "Huh?"

He raised a fist and looked at her with determination. "He certainly remembers."

Forcing a smile, she tilted her head from his sudden change of character. "... Bwoyo? Is that so?"

"Ne! If he really likes the girl, no matter how many years, how many days, he'll remember!"

"You really think so?"

"Ne! Even if it's those impossible goals..." Shutting his eyes, he placed a hand over his chest. "I'm sure he's trying hard, overcoming all obstacles, even if it is 'I'll see you when I debut'..." He smiled at her. "Those kind of idiotic promises."

"Bwoyo?" Her eyes widened, as she stared at him. Wait... Did Wooyoung-oppa-

"Wooyoungie~, are you there?"

The two jumped at the voice. IU began to frantically whisper to Wooyoung. "Omo! It's J- Jun.K-ssi's voice!"

He frantically whispered back, "If he sees us like this, he'll spread all sorts of rumors!"

"Otteoke?!"

"What else!" He shoved her underneath his furnace table.

[Author's Note: A furnace table has a blanket on it, so people won't be able to look underneath and the warm toasty-ness stays inside]

"Bwoyo?" she asked, being pushed against her will.

"I'm here! Huh?" Jun.K opened the door and quickly noticed something, making Wooyoung nervous. Jun.K let out a chuckle. "How unusual, your room is clean."

"What's up?" Sighing in relief, Wooyoung smiled, trying to play it cool.

"Just bothering you." Jun.K flashed a toothy grin. "Oh yeah, your room was kind of noisy before."

"J- Jinjja?"

IU got entangled with Wooyoung's legs. It's too crowded!

"Oh cool! A furnace table! I think I'll take a seat." Jun.K walked over to the table and sat down. Wooyoung's eyes widened. "The weather is so cold. It's just right for a furnace."

O- Omo! Seeing Jun.K's legs, IU scrambled away from them.

"Bwo?" Wooyoung felt IU move closer in-between his legs, he angrily mumbled under his breath, "H- Hold on!"

Jun.K looked at Wooyoung. "What did you say?"

Wooyoung quickly looked at Jun.K. "N- Nothing!" He pushed IU's head away. Don't you come any closer!

She pushed back. Jun.K-ssi is coming closer. What else can I do?

"Wooyoung?" Jun.K asked.

"Bwo?" Wooyoung responded without a second to lose.

"You seem kinda nervous."

"Jinjja?" All of a sudden, Wooyoung sighed. The sigh sounded different though. Jun.K thought it sounded as if it was out of... pleasure? Jun.K shook his head as that would never happen.

I- It's too hot. Can't breath... Suffering from the heat, IU's head collapsed on the floor. I'm suffocating. Getting dizzy... Oh yeah, if I turn off the furnace, it should be alright. The switch is... With all her strength, she reached out and pressed something, triggering a reaction from Wooyoung. His cheeks turned red and he clenched his teeth, trying to make no noise or reaction to what she just touched.

"You're really weird. Why is your face all red?" Jun.K asked, getting conerned. Wooyoung forced out a laugh.

I- I can't go on. My brain is melting... She began to crawl out. If this goes on, I'll die. I have to get out...

P- Pabo! Feeling her trying to escape, Wooyoung began to panic more. If you come out now, it's all over!

"What's wrong? Let me see." Jun.K walked over to Wooyoung.

"Bwo?!" In a desperate attempt to keep her hidden, Wooyoung pushed IU's head down in-between his legs to stop her from leaving.

Jun.K placed a hand over Wooyoung's forehead. "Wow... You really are burning up. A fever or a cold maybe? Don't work too hard." Jun.K walked towards the door, getting ready to leave. "Take care of yourself. You're going to debut as a solo after all."

"Ne..." Wooyoung rigidly nodded his head. And with that, Jun.K left the room and closed the door behind him.

"Wahhh! Air!" IU popped out from beneath the table, gulping in the fresh air. When she finally cooled down a little, she looked at Wooyoung nervously. She forced out a giggle, but then she saw his hands curl into a fist. Blocking her forehead, waiting for the flick, she screamed, "Wah!" Not feeling anything, she opened her eyes. "Bwo?" Wooyoung bursted out laughing, tears forming in his eyes. She tilted her head. "W- What are you laughing at?"

"Because..." He suppressed his laugh to try to finish his explanation. "Every time I'm with you, these things happen. You're quite fun."

Her eyes widened, as her cheeks turned pink. "Bwoyo?"

"Wooyoungie! I just found some cold medicine... Huh?" Jun.K swung the door open only to see Wooyoung and IU frozen in place. "You..." Jun.K's eyebrow twitched. "Oh no! Everyone! IU is stalking our Wooyoungie!" he announced loud enough for everyone to here.

Waving both of her hands, IU panicked. "A- Aniyo! I was just dancing with the help of Wooyoung-ssi!"

"Ne!" Wooyoung nodded. "It's just a misunderstanding."

Jun.K reached for IU's ear. "Get out!"

[Author's Note: Although IU's and Wooyoung's relationship is bumpy, they seem to be getting along quite well. From this chapter, we see Jun.K as the supportive and protective hyung to Wooyoung. Nichkhun is like that as well but has a slight favoritism towards our IU keke Hope you enjoyed this chapter!]