HELP! Working Part-Time is a Killer

Lovely Complex

The sun shone brightly into the dining room, as Wooyoung placed his bowl on the table. “Thank you for the meal."

“Thanks for the meal,” Taecyeon said as he cleaned the table of empty dishes.

“Th- Thanks for the meal.” A sweat drop formed on Nichkhun’s forehead as he watched IU quickly exit the room.

“Manager doesn’t seem like herself,” Chansung said after she exited.


"I can’t believe JYP asked me to do this!” IU slammed the fax papers on her bed as she ruffled her hair. “What does he mean I have to work part-time manager for someone else?!”


“Ugh, Mama’s driving is lousy,” a little boy said at the back of the car.

The woman driving apologized, “I’m sorry about that. Anyway, don’t call me Mama. Now I’m going to fetch the new manager. You better behave yourself.”

“I hate women.”

“Don’t be stubborn. Ok?”


A few people walked by, as IU stood on the sidewalk of the quiet neighborhood. She looked up at the blue sky. “Slow day.”

“Y- Yah, what’s with that car?” a random passerby asked her friend, as they both looked at a car swerving down the road. “It seems dangerous…”

What’s all that about? IU thought as she saw the car almost hit the electric tram. A sweat dropped formed on her forehead. “Omo?!” Her eyes widened when she saw the car heading towards her. “UWAAAA?!”

BAM!!

The car slightly dented an electric pole as IU successfully jumped away on time. With trembling hands, she breathed heavily as she looked at the pole that could’ve been her. “Wha… What?!”

“Are you alright Seok-hyeon..?” The driver’s voice could be heard through the open window.

Another voice replied from inside the car. “Ne!”

Swinging the door open, a woman stepped out of the car and smiled at IU. “Are you the part-time manager?” Giving her famous eye-smile, she continued to speak, “I thought that nobody would accept due to it basically having no information on the position. I thank you for accepting this job.” She reached her hand out. “My name is Tiffany from SNSD. Nice to meet you.”

“Thank you…” Feeling starstruck, IU furtively shook her hand.

Laughing, Tiffany continued to talk, “I saw you at the stairs one time when the cherry blossoms were falling but you probably didn’t recognize me because I had no makeup on.”

IU’s eyes widened, as she noticed red liquid start to fall on Tiffany’s face. “Your head is bleeding!!”

Touching her face and seeing red, Tiffany giggled light-heartedly. “Ahh~ This isn’t good.”

What with this girl? She’s so different on tv! A sweat drop formed as IU took out a bandage from her bag and started to fix the scratch on Tiffany’s forehead.

After IU was done, Tiffany walked back to the driver’s seat of the car. “Better get the van up; there’s no time to spare.”

Noticing a little boy open the car door, IU tilted her head. “Who's this?”

Tiffany petted the little boy’s head. “He’s not mine. He’s from a relative. Don’t bother him.” She looked down at the little boy. “Seok-hyeon, behave yourself okay? And please don’t bother the part-timer.”

He smiled brightly at her. “Ne!”

“It’s late already,” she said as she looked at her watch. “I still have other things to attend to. I gotta go!” Waving, she hopped on the driver’s seat and drove away.

“Hey!” Shocked from the sudden disappearance, IU called after her but it was useless. She was left standing, frozen.

“Yah!” a rude voice broke her from her reverie.

“Omo?” Hearing the loud voice, she looked around.

“Don’t act like you can’t see me!” Seok-hyeon kicked her shin.

“That hurt…” She quickly rubbed her leg and pouted as she looked down at the little boy. “Aren’t you Seok-hyeon? Why did Tiffany leave  you right here?”

He sighed. “She usually does this. Anyway, you better get back to work. You look like a pabo just looking at your face.”

L- Little brat!! She clenched her fists, but quickly breathed out an unsteady breath. Ani, ani, he’s just a kid. Gwenchana. Calm down, calm down… Once she calmed down, she slapped on a smile and crouched down to his height. “I can’t leave a kid like you here.”

“Pabo!!” The boy clenched his teeth as he pinched her cheeks.

“What are you doing, you little brat?!” She tore away from his grasp and began to take chase. He found protection at the boy’s bathroom, and stuck his head out the door to stick his tongue out at her. She clenched her fists once more. How can an idol get serious with a child? Calm down. I think I should look for Tiffany. “S- Seok-hyeonie, stay there and don’t run away,” she said as she waved and ran away.

He tilted his head in confusion.


"What a hassle…" IU walked around the streets, as she muttered to herself. “Where would Tiffany be?”

“Mama is over there.” Seok-hyeon pointed at the direction of the SME building.

“How come you followed me? I told you not to run away!” Shocked, she yelled at the child.

He clicked his tongue. “Yah, over there.”


Tiffany smiled as she sat behind a table. There was a long line of fans waiting to meet her. IU stared in awe. “Ahh… It’s a fan event…” She looked down the line, trying to find the end of the line. “Aigoo… It seems everybody is waiting patiently to meet her. I never thought a fan-signing event would be like this.”

Seok-hyeon smiled proudly at the site. “My mama is the best idol in the world.”

“Seems like everybody has a smile on them…” She watched distantly as Tiffany signed another picture with a smile. “Is this what life’s like as a successfully idol…” Sighing, she let out a small smile. … That’s right. Even though I debuted and became an idol, I never experienced something like this.

“What are you dozing off for?” the little boy kicked her shin.

In shock, she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. Is this how children should act..?

Kicking her shin again, he scoffed at her, “Don’t act like you didn’t feel it.”

Kneeling down, she pinched on his cheeks. “Stop it you little brat!!”

He pinched her cheeks back. “Why don’t you just leave?! I’m finally getting along with Tiffany, so don’t interfere with us, pabo!”

“That’s interesting…” Tiffany smiled brightly as she saw the two. “First time Seok-hyeon got along so well with someone he just met!”

“Ah, mama…” Seok-hyeon’s eyes widened as his cheeks turned pink.

IU straightened her posture and forced a smile on her face. “Tiffany, you came just in time!”

“So you were taking care of Seok-hyeon for me… Thank you!” Tiffany giggled. “Sorry Seok-hyeon, I forgot about your existence again.”

Seok-hyeon turned to face IU. “She’s always like that.”

“What an odd person." A sweat drop formed on IU’s forehead.


Things have become weird. IU sighed, as she walked inside the 2PM dorm. Suddenly remembering the boy, her eyebrow twitched. That little brat was so annoying... But that brat reminds me of someone... Stopping on her tracks, she tilted her head and crossed her arms as she began to think. "Oww!" Feeling a sharp pain, her eyes shot open.

Wooyoung stood in front of her, pinching her cheeks. "You're blocking the hallway, pabo."

[A/N: I've been so busy with work &school, so thank you all for waiting very patiently!]