In the Downpour With You

Lovely Complex

“Looks like it’s gonna rain..” Taecyeon saw the dark clouds pass by outside the living room window. He stretched his limbs out on the couch lazily. “I hate rain..”

Chansung pulled on his arm to get up. “Hyung, don’t be so lazy in the morning.”

Wooyoung came to the living room, wiping his face with a towel. “Where’s IU?”

Something (more like someone) caught Junho’s attention, making him face that direction. He looked confused once he saw her. “Eh?”

IU came out all dressed up in a white button-up and tie with black slacks. She fixed her glasses atop the bridge of her nose, as all the boys looked at her. A slight blush crept on Wooyoung’s cheeks as he asked her, “Why are you dressed like this?”

“Attending a funeral?” Junho deadpanned.

“I want to appear on more radio or variety shows to help promote myself so I’m just gonna go pester the ones in charge,” IU sheepishly responded as she let out a giggle. A sweat drop appeared on all of the boys’ forehead.

Noticing something, Wooyoung approached IU. “Your tie is crooked…”

“Omo……” As he busied himself with her tie, IU blushed from the close proximity.

After he was done, he smirked at her. “Well good luck to you.”

“Thank you, Wooyoung..”

“Just like newly weds!” Taecyeon announced happily.

Junho grumbled underneath his breath, “But it feels like the roles has switched.” Chansung just stood in shock at the sweet view.

“Hahaha, it’s nothing!” Feeling embarrassed, Wooyoung pushed IU away, making her stumble. “It’s nothing, Chansungie!”

Chansung’s eyes widened from the sudden call. “Oh…”

“Ok..” IU pumped two fists in the air in determination, as she walked out the door. “I’m off! I will be accepted to a radio or tv show! Omo!” She tripped on a bucket on her way out.

“So unsettling…” Junho commented as he watched her walk away.

“Yes….” Wooyoung agreed, as a sweat drop went down his forehead.


Five hours later..

“Alright!” IU cheered at the hallway. “Some variety shows actually accepted me even though I’m just going to be sitting at the back row! I even got one radio show that accepted me!”

“Manager?”

IU turned around to face where the voice was coming from, and her eyes widened. “J- Jun.K?” Her nose twitched and she began to panic. She whispered at him angrily, “What are you doing getting drunk in broad daylight of the KBS building?!”

He ruffled her hair and smiled, ignoring her anger. “Are you promoting your album? You’re so cute.”

“Just come on!” Snatching his wrist, she dragged him outside of the building.


The sky was getting darker, as IU took Jun.K to a bench outside.

Sinking into the bench, IU sighed, “I work really hard to make sure 2PM look good…”

“You should stop stressing so much.” Jun.K chuckled while taking a seat next to her. “Oh yeah, I’ll recommend you to another idol.” Snapping his fingers, he turned to ask me, “How does a collab sound?”

Her face brightened. “Bwo? Jinjja?”

“Yep! If our Wooyoungie got inspired by his collab, you should too!”

Her eyes suddenly widened as her face froze. “Bwo?” Getting riled up, she sat up and got closer to him. “Bwo? What does that mean?”

He nervously backed away. “Ah? You didn’t know?”

“Tell me exactly what happened!” She grabbed his collar and looked at him with urgency.

“What’s the big deal?” He arched an eyebrow as a sweat drop appeared on his forehead. “That happened a long time ago.” Looking into the far distance, he began to recollect his memories. “Well then.. It was back in 2007… back when we were preparing for 2PM’s debut. But back then, Wooyoungie wasn’t very good at public speaking, so Nichkhun recommended his friend to help. Because she recently debuted at the time, and her group’s popularity sky-rocketed, Nichkhun thought she would be perfect to give our Wooyoungie some tips. She’s actually the reason why our Wooyoungie improved so much in dancing. And then the two of them got into this steamy idol-trainee romance-“

“Bwo?!” IU jumped in her seat.

“If that happened, wouldn’t that have been interesting?” he laughed.

She exhaled in relief.

“Now that I think about it, she wasn’t really that great, but to a trainee who’s seeing and being with an idol for the first time; it’s not strange that he would fall in love with her.”

She clenched her teeth, as her fists shook. “What’s her name?”

“You’re pretty interested in this,” he said as he rubbed the back of his neck. He took his wallet out. “Oh yeah, I have a picture of her.”

“J- Jinjja?”

“Look!” He revealed a picture of Nichkhun, himself, Wooyoung, and a woman’s face that’s scribbled.

“Excuse me…” A sweat drop formed on her forehead as she forced a laugh. “What’s with the girl’s face?”

“Oh that..” He laughed, feeling slightly embarrassed. “She ran off to some other country for international concerts without saying a word, and I felt really angry so I used a magic marker to doodle a bit.”

So he also fell for her too? Her eyes widened in realization as she saw Wooyoung’s smiling face in the photo. This expression…… I’ve see this expression before…… Isn’t this……

He started to get worried from her silence. “Manager? What’s wrong?” Standing up, he waved his hand in front of her face trying to get her attention. “Uhh… I think I’ll go back. It looks like it’s gonna rain…” When she didn’t respond, he slowly started to walk away and he waved at her. “You should go back too..”

A strong wind passed by, as she sat in silence. “Right, this is the person Wooyoung-oppa was talking about.” The smile Wooyoung-oppa gave me when she was always supportive of me for my debut; it was for her… Compared to her, I’m…… “Why am I depressed over this?” she cried aloud. Sighing, she slumped back onto the bench. “.. It’s no good. I can’t face Wooyoung-oppa like this.” Raindrops began to fall, as she fell in deep thought. ……… Wait a second. How does oppa feel about me? Lately, we’ve been getting along pretty well, so I didn’t think about it. Can it be, what happened back then… Was it a dream when he tried to kiss me? Must be, something like that, it’s too fortunate for someone like me… Suddenly, the rain stopped pouring over her head.

Wooyoung held the umbrella over their heads, as he leaned over from behind the bench to get a closer look at her. “What are you doing without an umbrella?”

“You-!” Surprised, she dropped the photo.

Picking it up, he looked at it with recognition. “Isn’t this picture-”

“The reason that you wanted a successful solo debut…” She stood up, facing him. "Is it because of her?”

“Ne,” he answered with a small smile, as his mind started to fill with memories of the girl. “A year after I debuted, I finally did a dance collab stage, and she said I was a great dancer and it would be great if we were to meet again as solo singers to do another dance collaboration." Right after his reply, it started to rain more over the two of them. Holding IU closer, he looked skeptically up at the sky. “What’s wrong with the weather?” Noticing her stiff expression, his cheeks turned slightly pink. “Don’t get the wrong idea.. It’s only to protect both of us from the rain…” She didn’t give any reaction. Sighing, he explained, “IU, that was years ago, and she’s already been out of the country for so long, so-“

“Please return this picture to Jun-K for me.” She placed her hand over his, as she pushed the photo gently towards his chest. Giving him a small smile, a single tear escaped. “Omo…” Wiping the tear away, she forced a giggle. “I should be going now.” And with that, she ran away.

“IU!” Shocked, he called out her name but her small figure easily disappeared from the night and rain. He sighed. “… Why is she always like that?”


Back at her bedroom and dressed in dry pajamas, IU sighed as she dried her hair with a towel. So that’s Wooyoung-oppa’s crush… Aigoo…… Compared to her, there’s nothing attractive about me… “Ah-CHOO!”

“Manager? Did you catch a cold?” Chansung’s head popped out from her bedroom door.

She gave him a small smile and curt nod. “Ne, I think so. Sorry for worrying you.”

He replied in thought, “Wooyoung-hyung also caught a cold looking for you. The weather must’ve been pretty bad today.”

She jumped up from the news. “Because of me?!”


“AH-CHOO!!”

Sighing, IU pouted and stood outside of Wooyoung’s bedroom door and heard the muffled sneezes. “Wooyoung…?” 

Opening the door slightly, she peeked inside and saw him sitting down on the floor with a towel over his head and napkin plugged in both nostrils. He turned to face her. “What?”

She let out a small giggle. “Thank you for today.”

“For what?” Grumbling, he turned away and placed his arms on the table and laid his head on them. His cheeks turned pink as he heard the door lightly close. "Pabo..."

[A/N: A new chapter is finally out! Thank you for patiently waiting ^,^]