The Sudden Goodbye...

Lovely Complex

Inside the 2PM Dorm, the boys were all chilling in the living room, enjoying the nice breeze on this sunny day.

“Turtle!” Wooyoung called, as the turtle came towards him. “Here’s some food.” He placed some food in front of the turtle, and it began to eat. Suddenly, it lifted its head, stopped eating, and turned to face the window. “Bwo?” He looked at it as it approached the windowsill.

“What’s it looking at?” Nichkhun asked.

Taecyeon looked outside the window as well. “There’s nothing there…”


“Hmm… I heard that animals can sense things that we humans don’t have a clue about…” Nichkhun said in thought.

Jun.K had a sly look on his face. “Maybe it’s a ghost!”

Wooyoung snapped, “There’s no need to look for crazy explanations! Turtle was probably just sensing the good weather!”

“Wooyoung!” IU popped into the living room. “I can’t seem to finish this line when thinking of lyrics…” She gave him a small smile. “Can I have a little help, please?”

He stood up, and took the booklet from her. He examined it a little. “Hmm… I was just about to start on composing myself… Let’s see…” Closing the book, he handed it back to her and smiled. “We can work on this in my room.”

“Jinjja?!?!?” Her eyes widened, as her face turned bright pink. “For real?!?!”

His face turned bright pink too. “What’s with the blushing?! Don’t be thinking weird, erted thoughts!”

“Hm?” Jun.K watched Wooyoung scolding and IU laughing apologetically as they were both on their way to Wooyoung’s room. A glint shone on Jun.K’s eyes as he thought. Wow… Wooyoungie invited her to his room… What’s going on around here?? Hmm… So something DID happen at that beach getaway… Getting them together is going to be easy as pie now!!

“Those two have been real chummy lately…” Seok-hyeon commented. He was staying over as Tiffany was busy with work. Taecyeon nodded in agreement.

“You two think so too?” Jun.K turned towards them. “Guess it is kinda obvious.”

“Maybe they’ll finally hit it off,” Taecyeon said.

“Yeah…” Jun.K let out a sly smile. “But that would be too easy.”

“Hee hee!” Seok-hyeon giggled.


IU looked around Wooyoung’s room as he looked over her lyrics. They both sat on the floor to work on the furnace table. What a step forward for me! He actually invited me in here!

“Amazing! The lyrics are really personal and heartfelt!” Wooyoung said in awe. “At this rate you won’t need my help anymore.”

She giggled, feeling slightly embarrassed by the high praise. “It’s all thanks to you!”

“And don’t you forget it.” He closed the booklet with a smirk, and stood up to head out to the kitchen. “You want a cup of tea?”

“Ne!” She leaned back, and her right hand touched something on the floor. “Hm?” She picked up the book and opened it. “What’s this? Omo!” She saw a picture of Wooyoung, Hyunwoo and her. “It’s a photo album! Daebak!!!” She smiled happily.

Wooyoung walked back in with two cups of tea, and jumped from shock at what she was looking at. His face turned pink from embarrassment “Aish! I forgot to put it away…” Putting the tea on the table, he kneeled in front of her and lightly pinched her cheeks. He pouted as he looked away shyly, “Don’t look at it.”

“Aigoo~” She giggled at the cute sight. “I’ll just look for a little bit.” Looking at her smiling face, he gave in and let go of her cheeks. He sat down on the floor next to her and grumbled a little as she happily scanned the pictures. “Omo!” She stopped at a picture of Wooyoung smiling and flashing a peace sign.

“Hm?” He looked over her shoulder to see what she was looking at. “Oh, that was when I won first place at the 2007 JYP auditions.”

“2007 JYP auditions…” Her mind began to wander. That guy…

He looked at her skeptically. “What are you staring into space for…?”

Shaking her head, she snapped out of it. “Nothing! Just about that time I made the promise to that guy…”

“Guy?? The one that’ll be waiting to meet you again as trainees at JYP?”

She sighed. “If you really were that guy during the auditions then life would be perfect.”

“Hm?”

“I mean I confused him with you before…”

“Come to think of it, in 2007-“

“Ne?! Oww!” Because she was too eager, she leaned in too close to him and bumped his head with hers.

“Ah…” He rubbed his forehead.

She touched his head, and looked at him with concern. “M- Mianhe!”

They both went silent as they noticed the close proximity, and they’re cheeks turned pink. “I- IU…” he whispered out.

“Ne?” she answered softly.

“You…” He took her hand that was still on his forehead and placed it down, still holding her. “You trying for a better comeback… Is it because of that promise to him?”

“Bwo??” She looked at her hand holding his. “Ani… Of course not… I- I am trying f-for… y-“

“Myuuuu!” Turtle popped out of nowhere, startling the two.

“WAAAH!!” The two jumped, letting go of each other’s hand, and sat apart from each other.

“T- Turtle, what are you doing?” Wooyoung asked.

IU bit her lower lip. Aish! We were just in the zone!!! Sighing, she opened up her lyric book and grumbled, “Back to work… Where was I…”

Carrying Turtle, he placed it outside his bedroom door. “We’ll play with you later.” He patted the shell with a smile. Turtle looked up at him, bowed its head, and walked away. A sweat dropped formed on his forehead. “What the… Sure got a lot of manners all of a sudden…”

IU looked up from her booklet. “Wooyoung, what’s the problem?”

“Nothing…” He lingered by the doorway for a while, then closed the door and took a seat on the floor next to her.


“Mii!!” Turtle popped in the kitchen.

Chansung was washing the vegetables. “Oh! Turtle! I’m cooking lunch now so you’ll have to wait a bit, okay?”

“Myu!!” Turtle raised a flipper. Confused, Chansung raised his hand too.


“AH!” Junho jumped up at the site of the turtle. He was training kendo on the roof patio when it appeared. “T- Turtle, I’m training…” He waved his wooden sword in front of him as he backed away. “Don’t get too close!” It just bowed down in front of him. “Bwo?” He kneeled and stared at it. “Uh… Thank you for being so polite…”


“Turtle?” Taecyeon turned to see the turtle on the living room table. “Have you come to let me eat you?” he asked happily.

It looked at him nervously, quickly waved a flipper and waddled away.

“What does that mean?” Taecyeon asked.

Seok-hyun tugged on Taecyeon’s t-shirt. “Hyung… You’re so mean…”


“Mi!” Turtle greeted Nichkhun and Jun.K who walked into the dorm carrying groceries.

“Turtle, going for a walk?” Nichkhun asked.

“Hey, you!” Jun.K squatted down. “Want canned crab? Eh?” Turtle raised a flipper and waved it. Jun.K copied the action, though feeling slightly confused. Turtle walked out the dorm and into the front yard. “Don’t go too far okay?” He called after it.

Nichkhun looked concerned. “Will it be ok?”


“Turtle!” Wooyoung called out as the sun was setting on the dorm. “Time for your dinner!”

IU followed from behind him. “Turtle?”

“Weird… Turtle should be coming in right about now…”

“Looking for turtle?” Jun.K walked into the kitchen. “It went for a walk!”

“Eh?” IU turned to face him. “During dinner time?”

“Well, Turtle did look like it went on a walk…”

“Yeah… Turtle even greeted us and everything…” Wooyoung thought aloud.

Chansung chimed in, “Turtle was waving at me too!”

“Me too!” Junho popped in as well.

“Didn’t seem like its usual self…” Seok-hyeon added.

“Turtle greeted all of you?” Jun.K asked.

“Wait! Look here!” Wooyoung opened a booklet. “Hyunwoo-ssi gave me the guide to the turtle he gave us…” Opening the booklet, he read aloud. “When the turtle matures, it’ll lose its appetite. This is the time for it to leave the nest, and venture out to try different kinds of food.”

“So basically…” A sweat drop formed on IU’s forehead. “Turtle is destined to be a food connoisseur?” Grabbing a jacket, she opened the front door.

“IU?” Wooyoung called out to her.

“We have to go find Turtle!” she replied, putting on her shoes.

“Wait! I’ll go too!”

“Me too!!” Jun.K agreed.

“Yeah me!” Taecyeon chimed in. And soon, all members agreed to help.

“Okay, we’ll split up!” Nichkhun announced.


After a while of searching through the neighborhood and putting up “Lost Turtle” signs, everyone regrouped at the train station.

“Well?” Wooyoung, along with Chansung and Seok-hyun, ran towards IU and Junho.

“Not in my area…” IU replied.

“What about you, hyung?” Junho asked Nichkhun who just arrived with Jun.K and Taecyeon.

Nichkhun shook his head sadly. “Ani.”

“Turtle…” IU looked crestfallen as her lower lip quivered.

Wooyoung sighed, as he saw her face. He gave her a small smile. “Don’t cry, IU…” He reached down to pet her head. “We’ll see Turtle again for sure…”

“Myu.”

“Bwo?” He felt a hard shell on top of her head and his eyes widened. “WHEN DID TURTLE GET HERE?!!!!”

“Omo?!” The turtle landed on her hands. She cuddled it. “Where did you go? We were so worried!!!”

“Welcome back,” Nichkhun chuckled.

“Aish…” Everyone looked at Wooyoung curse. He looked at all of them apologetically. “I didn’t read the part about taking 50 years to reach adulthood.”

IU giggled as she talked to the turtle. “We were worried over you for nothing. But why are you here? Hm?” She looked at the turtle facing a direction.

“It’s been a while! How are you doing?” A guy greeted her brightly with a smile.

“H- Hyunwoo-ssi?!!” IU and Wooyoung exclaimed in unison.

[A/N: And Hyunwoo is back in the story!]