The Birth of an Idol Romance?

Lovely Complex

"Let's have the first party to celebrate your debut!" Jun.K cheered, opening a bottle of alcohol. Taecyeon yelled with joy with Jun.K. While Chansung, Junho and Nichkhun smiled in the back.

Feeling flustered, IU waved her hands. "Boys wait!"

~*~

There was no stopping 2PM as the dorms was full with laughter.

"Aigoo... Our debut stage isn't until tomorrow..." IU giggled nervously, as she took a seat. She stared at how festive everyone was.

With a sigh, Wooyoung smiled and took the seat next to her. "Don't worry. They didn't force liquor down our throats. They're happy for us anyways."

My debut is almost here! I only wanted to fulfill the promise with Wooyoung-oppa... Without realizing it, IU was staring at Wooyoung with a big goofy grin and her cheeks all pink.

Wooyoung squinted his eyes at her. "Why are you looking at me all weird?" He pinched her cheek.

"Sorry!"

He still looked at her weird as she faced somewhere else, looking dazed and giddy. Sighing, her thoughts overwhelmed her. If both of our solo debuts are successful... We could participate in the same music shows and eat lunch together in the waiting room and hang out backstage... Shutting her eyes, she smiled victoriously while raising a shaky fist in the air. She was overwhelmed with joy.

"What's with you?" Slinging an arm over her shoulders, Jun.K . "IU, you look so happy. What're you thinking about?"

Taecyeon joined them as well. "You didn't drink a single drop of wine yet your face is so red."

With her eyes wide, she waved her hands in denial. "No... It's not like that!"

"Tell the truth! You were thinking about something erted again right?" Taecyeon tackled her, putting all his weight on her.

Struggling to escape, she gasped for air. "It's not like that! It's genuine love!"

"What're they doing..." Wooyoung watched with a soft chuckle.

Opening the door to the room, Chansung walked inside. "Wooyoung-hyung, the telephone's for you."

"Hm?"

"It's from Tiffany-ssi."

~*~

"Uhh..." Finally escaping, she crawled out the room without anyone noticing. She saw Wooyoung in the hallway walking towards her, so she quickly got up on her feet. "Ah! Who called?"

He smiled. "It was someone I knew. She called about my debut..." He looked through the door into the room and saw that it was mere chaos. Everyone was out of control. Nichkhun and Chansung were either trying to stop the rest from destroying the place or throwing up all over the place. With a nervous smile, Wooyoung faced IU. "Shall we go take a walk?"

IU smiled back. "Good... Good idea..."

~*~

The night breeze came by, as the two walked down the stairs. Stretching his arms out wide, Wooyoung took a deep breath in.

"You seem to be in a good mood." IU ran to his side and smiled.

Shocked, he turned to look at her. "R- Really?" Sitting down on one of steps, he looked out to the view. "It would be good if we both have a successful debut..."

She took a seat next to him and nodded her head. "Yeah..." Looking determined, she raised a fist in the air. "I will definitely keep that promise!"

He looked at her weird but decided to not ask about it. He stood up and brushed his pants off. "We should go back."

Breaking from her thoughts, she looked at him slightly startled. "Alright..."

~*~

A sweatdrop formed on both of their foreheads, as IU opened the door to the room. She sighed. "You guys will catch a cold like this."

Everyone was passed out on the floor. Wooyoung tried to shake Nichkhun awake. "These guys!"

~*~

The next day, the sun was shining bright as the 2PM members watched Wooyoung and IU leave. Junho and Jun.K yawned as the rest encouraged the two. "Do your best! We'll see you on your debut stage tonight!" Nichkhun waved the two farewell.

Chansung added, "Go for it you two!"

"Ya!" Taecyeon raised a fighting fist in the air.

"Thanks everyone!" IU smiled at everyone.

Wooyoung smiled as well. "We're off to prepare now!"

"Future solo idols, don't be too careless!" Nichkhun yelled one last thought like a worried mother. Once they were out of site, Nichkhun smiled. "Looks like they'll do great today."

Still tired, Junho grumbled in agreement, "Mmm..."

~*~

The two reached outside of the JYPE building. Feeling pumped IU began to march inside. "Ok, let's do this! I can now finally fulfill that promise! I'm kinda excited..."

Following after her, Wooyoung asked curiously, "What's this promise?"

Stopping mid-step, she looked at him with wide eyes. "Bwo?"

"You were talking about this promise since yesterday."

She stood up straight and looked right at him with disbelief. "Th- That's the one I made with you!"

"What? A promise you made with me?"

"What're you talking about?" Giggling nervously, she began to get worried. "Don't you remember our promise in 2007 that you'll meet me as a trainee? And that if I debut, we'll..." She trailed off, feeling desperate of an answer.

"Hmm..." Breaking out of his thoughts, he smiled at her. "I know now."

"What?" IU smiled back, as she couldn't believe he could've forgotten such a thing.

"I thought you were acting weird since yesterday. You got it all wrong." Putting both hands in his coat pocket, he scoffed. "That person wasn't me."

Her face fell. "What?"

"Back in 2007, I was too busy with the JYP audition! How could I've made a promise with you?"

Her eyes widened. "What? It's just... But-"

"IU, didn't I always tell you? You might think I'm kinda dumb..." Turning pink, he began to smile nervously. "But two years ago... I already made a promise with someone; a promise that I would debut solo and become really successful. So instead of saying that it's a promise with her, it's better to say it's a goal of mine..." Feeling flustered, he chuckled. "How could you make me say such things?" He pushed her. "Dang, I'm so embarrassed!" Calming down, he smiled at her. "So IU... Let's try our best today!" Looking determined, he walked down the hallway.

IU stood there in shock.

IU, 17 years old, re-auditioned twice for JYP, no boyfriend for 17 years, finally debuting, then on the few hours before her debut at JYPE, her love since 2007 was broken.

[Author's Note: Haven't written this in a while, but I hope you enjoyed it!... Until the end. Poor IU. Ironically the place where she found her first love was were she lost her first love. I wish for the best for our poor IU~~]