Fluttering Hearts and Mixed Baths

Lovely Complex

"IU and Wooyoung still aren't back yet..." Jun.K wondered aloud the next day. "Did they really run away together?"

Junho blushed at the thought, while Nichkhun set the table up for lunch all nonchalantly.

Jun.K stared at the phone. "They haven't called since..."

Taecyeon and Chansung were hiding behind a door, listening to the others talk in the living room.

"Doesn't matter." Nichkhun smiled brightly as he continued to set up the table. "They aren't kids anymore. We needn't worry."

"Isn't that being too irresponsible?" Junho asked. "And weren't you freaking out yesterday?"

Nichkhun brushed his questions away. "Come on. Lunchtime."

With that, Taecyeon sped out the door. "Alright. Now!"

"Ok!" Chansung ran after.

"Escape successful!" Taecyeon cheered as the two walked down the steps away from their dorm.

Chansung tried his best to follow after him. "Hyung, is it okay not to tell everyone?"

"Don't worry. I left a note." Taecyeon smiled.

The note read:

We went to go find them.

- Taecyeon

P.S. Chansung is with me too!

"Besides, we both have a couple days off starting tomorrow anyhow," Taecyeon pointed out.

"That's true..."

"Alright, search party for IU and Wooyoung begin mission!"

Feeling nervous, Chansung questioned one last time. "Is it really alright?"

"Icheon, Icheon~!" Taecyeon sung while he continued to run down the steps.

Manager... Chansung looked up at the sky, and then quickly caught up with Taecyeon.

~*~

At Icheon, IU took a picture of herself with her polaroid. She flashed a big smile and a peace sign. "Hehe, I got it... Yet another precious memory." She began to get giddy as the picture began to get clearer.

After, she grabbed a cup of tea at a small shop and sat down outside. She took a sip of her tea. "Ah... Icheon is so relaxing... Anyways, I don't have to worry about music... Omo?"

IU spilled all her tea at the sight of Wooyoung strolling around. The sound caught his attention as he looked towards her direction, but to see no one there. "Bwo?"

Omo! She quickly squatted behind the bench, successfully hiding herself. She peeked through the bench. What's Wooyoung doing here??

She began to murmur to herself as she watched him leave. "Even though there are only a few things that are a must-see in Icheon, isn't running into her over and over too much of a coincidence?" Once he was out of sight, she sighed and walked away. "Forget it... Better move on before he sees me."

~*~

"So this is the Ceramics Village..." IU smiled at the artwork. "Icheon really is famous for their ceramics."

"Wow, so this is the Ceramics Village..."

"Hm?" Hearing the voice, IU looked to who was talking.

"I guess Icheon really loves ceramics." Wooyoung smiled as he looked at the artwork.

IU's eyes widened and she quickly hid behind one of the art pieces. Hearing the hurried footprints, Wooyoung looked over to see nothing again. "Bwo?"

"Why is he following me?" She quickly fled the place and went to the next place she wanted to go on the list which was a small cafe.

The worker greeted her. "Excuse me, what would you like?"

Wiping off her sweat, she smiled at the worker. "I'd like green tea-"

"I'd like some red bean stuffed dumpling and green tea cake," Wooyoung answered happily. IU began to freak out, and that caught his attention. "Bwo? Aaaaaaaa!" His eyes widened when he finally caught sight of her.

She screamed back. "Whaaaaa!"

"What are you doing here?" he yelled at her.

She yelled back, "How should I know?"

~*~

Taecyeon and Chansung quickly ran to a train. Once they got in, an announcement was made: "Super express, going to Incheon departing now."

Chansung's ears perked. "Bwo? Incheon?"

"Bwo?" Taecyeon nervously rubbed the back of his neck while chuckling. "Incheon and Icheon are not the same?"

Chansung's eyes widened. "Bwoyo?!!"

~*~

"Well then..." Cake and tea were served at the table. Wooyoung took a bite of the cake. "What are you doing at a place where I am?" he asked, feeling really irritated.

IU sighed while rubbing her red cheek which was sore from all the pinching. "What do you mean what am I doing?" Taking a sip of her tea, she looked at the trees. "I didn't do so well on my debut. I'm just thinking about what or where I could've gone wrong this whole time I was preparing."

"That's why?"

She turned pink. "It's nothing." As he stood up from his seat, she stood up with him. "Oh yeah, what are you doing here?"

"Something like that." Putting on his mask, he began to walk away. "I was just thinking... We're quite alike."

"Hmm?"

"Bye." He turned to her and gave her a slight smile. "I don't think we'll be seeing each other again."

She wanted to say something, but she couldn't. She just stood there, watching him walk away.

~*~

At the empty hot springs, IU put a damp towel on her forehead as she relaxed. Hold on... Now that I think about it, I really didn't get into JYPE, I didn't debut well, Wooyoung-oppa really isn't the guy of my dreams. Even though I don't know where the guy of my dreams is... Wooyoung is... right in front of me... He's so cute... So cute that it seems that I'm not worthy of him. He's always by my side no matter how many times I don't get things. She sighed as she shut her eyes. ... Why do we fight all the time?

She heard someone step in the water, making her open her eyes. "Hm?"

Wooyoung looked directly at her, and quickly started pinching her cheeks.

She cried, "Come on! Don't start beating me without even saying anything!"

"You didn't follow me all the way here did you???" He asked angry.

Shocked, she tried to explain herself. "You're the one that keeps showing up where I am! Omo?" Her eyes widened as she realized something. "Unless you came because you saw the travel guide laying around at the dorm?"

"Bwo?" He turned bright pink. "Didn't Jun.K-hyung leave it there?" IU nodded, and he started to understand their situation. "Ah... Did you see it too?" He chuckled. "We wander around like idiots. No wonder we always met up! We followed the same travel guide."

"Whatever you say..." She tried to fight it, but she kept looking at his exposed body, leading up to whatever is hidden in the water. "Don't you want to cover up?"

Quickly wrapping a towel around him, he faced the other way to hide his bright pink cheeks. "Pabo!"

~*~

After a while, they found a rock and they both leaned back on it but they were facing away from each other, sitting on opposite sides of the rock.

Wooyoung sighed, "Really... What in the world are we doing?" He began to fidget with his towel. "Uh... IU. Concerning what happened last time at the bar..." He began to panic. What the heck are we talking about?

"Wooyoung, about last time at the bar..." IU began.

"Bwo?" Alarmed, he turned to face her, but she continued to look away.

"Despite the fact that you made fun of my appearance, this is something I don't want you to make fun of again."

"Mianhe, IU," he said softly.

"Jinjja?" She stood up and happily turned to him. "You're willing to make up with me? Wooyoung, thank you! I'm so glad!"

"Yah! Don't come over to this side!" He began to pinch her cheeks.

"Wooyoung, I've wronged you too. I'm sorry!" Once he let go, she rubbed her cheeks, but she couldn't get rid of her smile. She began to feel embarrassed as she began to speak up, "Oh yeah! Wooyoung, tomorrow, you want to... together..."

"Bwo? This is a mixed gender hot spring?" Elderly women voices could be heard through the screen.

Another one asked. "Mixed gender? You think there's any young men in there???"

"Darnit! I forgot this was a mixed gender hot spring!" Wooyoung turned bright pink.

IU began to panic. "Bwo? What are you talking about?"

"What am I gonna do?" He began to panic as well.

"Here Wooyoung. Hide here!"

"Bwo?"

Wooyoung hid behind IU in the space between her and the rock. A grandma smiled at IU. "Hey miss! Are you the only one here?"

IU laughed nervously. "Ne!" She whispered to Wooyoung. "Aish, it's a whole group! Middle-aged too!" She peaked behind her to see a frantic Wooyoung. I have to think of something quick!

"Unnie, is there someone there?" a little girl asked, slowly approaching IU.

"A- Aniyo! No one here!" She laughed nervously as she backed up into Wooyoung, hoping that would hide him more.

Waa! Wooyoung's eyes widened as she was completely in between his legs. Her back was pressed against his chest, and his legs wrapped around her body.

"Hm..." The little girl looked at IU suspiciously as she just tried to smile to validate her point.

She turned bright pink as she felt the skin contact. Omo... What's this hard feeling rubbing up against my back?

Waaa! Wait! Wait! Wooyoung shut his eyes, desperately not trying to think of the situation and think of something else. Don't get so close!

"Yah, that's strange..." The little girl continued to approach IU.

IU's eyes widened, as she began to inch backwards. "Yah, not so close! Also, speak to your elders with honorifics!"

Wooyoung gritted his teeth, as he whispered to her. "Yah! Don't come between my legs. Pabo! Byuntae!"

She peeked back at him, as she muttered under her smile. "How do we escape? Should we slip off to the exit from the side?"

"We're moving? Wait... Bwo?!"

"Quickly. This way, this way!"

~*~

With their robes on, the two panted as they somehow escaped the hot springs. Wooyoung glared at IU. "What's the matter with you? Pabo!"

IU quickly placed her hands to each of her cheeks. "Waaa! I'm very sorry!"

Stopping himself from hurting her, he folded his arms and looked away. "Seriously... It's really a shame..."

"Omo?" She looked at him skeptically.

"What was it that you wanted to say to me?"

"Hm?"

"Wasn't there something you wanted to say?"

She turned bright pink. "Oh... Oh yeah... Actually, it's not a big deal." She began to look down at her fidgeting fingers. "Should we go to Icheon tomorrow? Together?"

After quickly taking a glance at her, he smiled a little and began to walk away. "Sure. I don't have anything to do anyways."

Looking up at him, she brightened up as her cheeks turned pink. She ran up to his side and giggled in happiness.

"Guests!" The owner of the place they're staying at walked up to the two. "There was a whole group coming in a moment ago, so there wasn't enough room." The elderly woman chuckled. "I saw at the check-in that the two guests have the same address. Would you like a twin suite?"

"Bwoyo?" the two asked in unison.

"Are you two lovers? How envious!"

~*~

The two stared at the single queen sized bed in front of them. A sweat drop formed on both of their foreheads.

[A/N: Things are starting to look better between the two!... Well in terms of their relationship. They're always getting caught up in these weird scenarios. Hoped you enjoyed and please anticipate the next chapter!]